The Separatists need their time to shine

Prev1
Georgemi6
1236 posts Member
edited April 2017
This could come in many ways, but I think the best way would be in the form of some new separatist droids. Some that come to mind are:
B1 battle droid
BX commando droid
Destroyer droid (droideka)
B2 rocket super battle droid
Super tactical droid
IG 100 magna guard (rework)
General grevious (rework)

That being said, here's a commando droid idea, feel free to leave your own ideas for characters, reworks, etc.

BX Commando droid
Separatist, droid, attacker
Deadly, fast attacker that uses stealth to exploit enemy weaknesses

Basic: Surprise attack
Deal physical damage to target enemy and expose them for 2 turns. If commando droid was stealthed, remove 30% turn meter and lose stealth.

Damage: 4K - 6K

Special 1: vibro-blade slash
Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict "bleeding" for 2 turns. If target was debuffed, reduce this ability's cooldown by 1
(Cooldown: 3 turns)

Damage: 6K - 8K

Bleeding: healing immunity, no bonus turn meter gane, and 3 DOT effects

Special 2: smoke grenade
Deal special damage to all enemies and remove 20% turn meter, with an 80% chance to inflict daze for 2 turns. If stealthed, stun the target enemy for 1 turn.
(Cool down: 4 turns)

Damage: around 1K - 2K
(Smoke bomb is meant to be low damage and used mainly for what it inflicts)

Unique: recon tactics
At the end of each of its turns, BX commando droid has a 60% chance to gain stealth for one turn. While stealthed, commando droid has +25 speed and +30% offense.
Zeta: +20% stealth chance and gain 35% turn meter when attacking while stealthed.

Health: around 17k
Protection: around 15k
Speed: 160
Potency: 30%
Tenacity: 15%
Crit chance: 35%

(These stats are just relative, I designed BX to be fast, high damage, and low HP)

I put a lot of thought into this rework, and I hope all you guys do the same with yours. Thanks
Post edited by Georgemi6 on

Replies

• STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Really like your ideas. It would be nice if you added some rudimentary stats for him as well such as health and damage for the attacks.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Really like your ideas. It would be nice if you added some rudimentary stats for him as well such as heal and damage for the attacks.

Good idea
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nightsisters need a buff. As do Clones. And Ewoks. Tuskens too. Droids can take a number. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nightsisters need a buff. As do Clones. And Ewoks. Tuskens too. Droids can take a number. ;)

Droids have needed a buff since launch. When you think of droids in Star Wars, you think if the separatist droids (besides r2d2 and c3po, which also need to happen), not hk47, some assassin droids and a few jawas. Droids, specifically separatist droids, are seriously underrepresented
  • All this droid buff love puzzles me a bit. I was on these forums a good deal the first year or so the game was going and droids weren't in high demand, even when they were good. Jedi were the constant "buff" calls - oddly there wasn't ever much love for Sith/ DS really. But how did droids become such a universally loved and demanded squad? GG and B2 and JE have been out a long time. GG has always been in high demand for a buff and his character, but not droids as a faction in particular. Is there something I'm missing that has brought about all this droid demand?

I always thought they were cool and fun - I have 47/86/88/b2 all G10 / 11 and JE farmed for forever - but I'm just surprised by the constant drumbeat of the buff droid crowd. I do hope GG gets a nice rework - he deserves it. Can someone enlighten me here on the droid infatuation going on? When did droids surpassed Jedi for popularity in Star Wars?
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    All this droid buff love puzzles me a bit. I was on these forums a good deal the first year or so the game was going and droids weren't in high demand, even when they were good. Jedi were the constant "buff" calls - oddly there wasn't ever much love for Sith/ DS really. But how did droids become such a universally loved and demanded squad? GG and B2 and JE have been out a long time. GG has always been in high demand for a buff and his character, but not droids as a faction in particular. Is there something I'm missing that has brought about all this droid demand?

I always thought they were cool and fun - I have 47/86/88/b2 all G10 / 11 and JE farmed for forever - but I'm just surprised by the constant drumbeat of the buff droid crowd. I do hope GG gets a nice rework - he deserves it. Can someone enlighten me here on the droid infatuation going on? When did droids surpassed Jedi for popularity in Star Wars?

It's because droids made for a viable arena team since launch up until recently. As much as droid lovers want to say that they have never been "meta", the truth is that they were always able to take ranks until recently.

These players are now, for the first time ever, In a position where they need a whole new team and thus their calls to buff them.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Dont be a hater . They all need reworks
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    All this droid buff love puzzles me a bit. I was on these forums a good deal the first year or so the game was going and droids weren't in high demand, even when they were good. Jedi were the constant "buff" calls - oddly there wasn't ever much love for Sith/ DS really. But how did droids become such a universally loved and demanded squad? GG and B2 and JE have been out a long time. GG has always been in high demand for a buff and his character, but not droids as a faction in particular. Is there something I'm missing that has brought about all this droid demand?

It's because droids made for a viable arena team since launch up until recently. As much as droid lovers want to say that they have never been "meta", the truth is that they were always able to take ranks until recently.

These players are now, for the first time ever, In a position where they need a whole new team and thus their calls to buff them.

Not exactly true. They were awsome in halatic wars. Arena they were as viable as any else 1 year to the very start. Yes . But they were not the meta like zual or wiggs or ep.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member

Some people like chocolate cake, some like vanilla.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

No I get that - not asking why some like chocolate and vanilla - what I'm saying is droids were not chocolate or vanilla. They were strawberry. There wasn't demand for strawberry before. What changed? Asking as the SW universe is wide - was there a comic or a cartoon or video game, etc that really pushed up the popularity of droids relative to 6+ months ago? I'm just trying to be informed and this puzzles me - figure I'm missing something that's causing the demand increase. I could also be off on this and there's no answer really. No harm to ask though :)

@OP - you have some well thought out ideas there. Very nice. I can't think of anyone that doesn't want GG to get a rework. Hopefully soon.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member

No I get that - not asking why some like chocolate and vanilla - what I'm saying is droids were not chocolate or vanilla. They were strawberry. There wasn't demand for strawberry before. What changed? Asking as the SW universe is wide - was there a comic or a cartoon or video game, etc that really pushed up the popularity of droids relative to 6+ months ago?

@OP - you have some well thought out ideas there. Very nice. I can't think of anyone that doesn't want GG to get a rework. Hopefully soon.

What changed is a bunch of factions got reworks and zetas while droids got nothing. That's the reason for all these posts.
  • After the droid team I just faced on node 12...I disagree with this thread.

No buff needed on them. 7*, g10 lvl 85 magnaguard is a pain in the ****. Maxed out droids are a pain in the ****.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member

No I get that - not asking why some like chocolate and vanilla - what I'm saying is droids were not chocolate or vanilla. They were strawberry. There wasn't demand for strawberry before. What changed? Asking as the SW universe is wide - was there a comic or a cartoon or video game, etc that really pushed up the popularity of droids relative to 6+ months ago? I'm just trying to be informed and this puzzles me - figure I'm missing something that's causing the demand increase. I could also be off on this and there's no answer really. No harm to ask though :)

Thanks for the feedback! I've always been a big separatist/ droid fan in general, but I feel that specifically separatists are in dire need of some love. I have no problems with the droids we currently have, it's just that the faction has no zetas, ships, or significant synergy, and there are really only 2 droids under the sep faction. Plus, there are plenty of pve droids in game, so I thought it would be nice to be able to use some of them in a squad. The commando droid stood out to me as it was featured in the clone wars animated series, and no one has really come up with any ideas for it. I hope this answers some questions.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Ever since i played KOTOR.... HK brought the entire star wars franchise back from the brink of death with his smartaz remarks and crass attitude. Been a fan of droids ever since i first heard him use the term meatbag.

When this game came out HK was 1st toon i got... (nov 2015) switched phones and started new act in jan 2016... went full droid and glad i did...
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    After the droid team I just faced on node 12...I disagree with this thread.

No buff needed on them. 7*, g10 lvl 85 magnaguard is a pain in the ****. Maxed out droids are a pain in the ****.

Really? I didn't know magna guard was worth anything...
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Droids are fine. Learn to adapt to a changing meta and get a new team, failing that learn to lose.

Games change.
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »

Droids have needed a buff since launch. When you think of droids in Star Wars, you think if the separatist droids (besides r2d2 and c3po, which also need to happen), not hk47, some assassin droids and a few jawas. Droids, specifically separatist droids, are seriously underrepresented

Actually I was a droid user for a long time but I don't care much for separatist droids but love assasin droids. I rather get me a C-21 than BX... but to be fair any new droid will be apreciated, even separatist ones.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Tigzie wrote: »
    Droids are fine. Learn to adapt to a changing meta and get a new team, failing that learn to lose.

Games change.

I've never been a droid user in arena, but I'd like to be able to use them...
  • AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited April 2017

Don't droids need a rework more than clones? There is a clone team in my arena that is currently 5th & never seems to drop out of the top 20. There are no droid teams in my top 50. I dont use either team so I'm really curious on that & am not trying to be hostile. The fact that the clone user has good mods (rex at 253 speed) is a large part of it I'm sure. I thought droids were crit reliant though & between zbarriss, biggs, shoretrooper, general kenobi & zmaul there are alot of anti crit abilities being commonly used out there.
    Edit: I just noticed that the clone users guild name is "Wallet Warriors". That is awesome!
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member

Don't droids need a rework more than clones? There is a clone team in my arena that is currently 5th & never seems to drop out of the top 20. There are no droid teams in my top 50. I dont use either team so I'm really curious on that & am not trying to be hostile. The fact that the clone user has good mods (rex at 253 speed) is a large part of it I'm sure. I thought droids were crit reliant though & between zbarriss, biggs, shoretrooper, general kenobi & zmaul there are alot of anti crit abilities being commonly used out there.
    Edit: I just noticed that the clone users guild name is "Wallet Warriors". That is awesome!

Precisely. Also, droid squads are very reliant on good RNG, and have been a declining power since wiggs. The droid kits are outdated, and some shiny new separatist droids would be a great way to boost both the seps and droids.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    I also need to clarify something- we need separatist droids, I'm not asking for 88, 86, hk and JE to be meta again, I'm pushing for the release of more clone wars era battle droids
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »

You're completely deluded if you believe everyone thinks like you, might want to work on that. I think of assassin droids. That being said...

I agree with your original post. Bring on the droids!
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    I'm not sure that I've seen a faction(droids) receive so much hate or so many die hard users. There doesn't seem to be an in between. You love them or hate them. That being said, I'm indifferent to them.

The way I see it is this. There aren't a lot of them. None of them have zetas. There are zero in the top 50 in my arena shard. Other factions and characters are getting reworks but not them. They have faded into obscurity arena wise. What's so wrong with giving them an update/Zeta/new character? I would welcome new teams into the arena. Same as ewoks and night sisters. They just can't forget about these factions and leave them to rot forever.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I'm not sure that I've seen a faction(droids) receive so much hate or so many die hard users. There doesn't seem to be an in between. You love them or hate them. That being said, I'm indifferent to them.

The way I see it is this. There aren't a lot of them. None of them have zetas. There are zero in the top 50 in my arena shard. Other factions and characters are getting reworks but not them. They have faded into obscurity arena wise. What's so wrong with giving them an update/Zeta/new character? I would welcome new teams into the arena. Same as ewoks and night sisters. They just can't forget about these factions and leave them to rot forever.

Agreed. Also, the separatists have never really had their time to shine, and as one of the 4 main factions in game, they deserve to be on-par with the other main factions (empire, rebels, jedi/clones) this isn't to say other factions don't need work, though. A good way to help out 2 lacking factions (seps and night sisters) would be to have a new yoda/EP style event, but with mother talzin as the main reward. This event would be the same as grand master training and emperors demise, but it would require separatists. This event, if released, could introduce several new night sister and droid toons, while reworking forgotten ones (initiate, acolyte, IG100, GG, talia, ventress) and add a whole new event.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    I also need to clarify something- we need separatist droids, I'm not asking for 88, 86, hk and JE to be meta again, I'm pushing for the release of more clone wars era battle droids

I would like to draw your attention to the bolded and suggest that that is precisely why other factions deserve a buff/rework/zeta before droids.

Nightsisters, Ewoks, Jedi, Bounty Hunters and other factions have never been meta - let alon, had a chance to be meta again.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member

I would like to draw your attention to the bolded and suggest that that is precisely why other factions deserve a buff/rework/zeta before droids.

Nightsisters, Ewoks, Jedi, Bounty Hunters and other factions have never been meta - let alon, had a chance to be meta again.

True, but there are several characters that could easily be tied in with a separatist rework. The droids are just some of them. We could get a cad bane rework or jango fett (bounty hunters) a night sisters event with mother talzin, and some new jedi toons/reworks to go along with the clone wars theme of the separatists
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

True, but there are several characters that could easily be tied in with a separatist rework. The droids are just some of them. We could get a cad bane rework or jango fett (bounty hunters) a night sisters event with mother talzin, and some new jedi toons/reworks to go along with the clone wars theme of the separatists

I would totally be on board with this - just not an across the board "droid buff" - for the reasons explained above. I think separatist teams would be fun.

• Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member

I would totally be on board with this - just not an across the board "droid buff" - for the reasons explained above. I think separatist teams would be fun.

That's what I've been trying to say. When I say droids I really mean grevious, a few droids and dooku or ventress or some other separatist person. It just so happens that most of the separatist characters people want buffed/released are droids. Also, a separatist buff would mean buffing like 6 other minor factions (geonosians, night sisters, scoundrels, bounty hunters, droids, etc.) which would further diversify the game.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Changed title to more accurately represent the message I'm conveying
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member

It's just that Droid users are very vocal.
    As pointed by others, they are bread and butter. Good in raids, GW, and Arena until now. When you're used to be good at everything, it's hard to see that disappear.