Limited time mods

Replies

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    We need the filter to start including "soon" and "August." It's been run into the ground by now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    We need the filter to start including "soon" and "August." It's been run into the ground by now.

Don't worry. #FebruaryIsTheNewAugust
    Everything dropped in March so it works!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Emmant wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    I have heard that there were apparently going to be higher quality mods in the mod store. Does that mean that there'll be 6 and 7 dot mods

Should I make a section of the forums for speculations that can't be answered by players or devs, BUT really are fun to ponder?

*starts to ponder...

We're good! Stop pondering! Stop pondering!

Dear RyDiggs

I would advise caution when posting as a representative of CG. Written language has blah blah blah ...

... that reflects poorly on you.

I hope you can use my feedback

File it in the "complain about everything" section, cross-reference with the "why dont' devs communicate more" section.
  • Metroplex79
    834 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Kidon013 wrote: »
    This is the first time I've seen this promo. It's kinda cool, even though I haven't bought one yet.

Is this, or can this, be a new tradition? MARCH MOD-NESS.

As far as I know we have 2 traditions:
    -May the 4th Promo
    -February = Sith Month

Good idea? Bad idea?

March Modness, I love it lol
    Thanks. Hopefully it can be a thing.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Shahram1222
    198 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs

can you please tell us how long these special deals in the mod store are going to last?
  • Options
    Emmant wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I have heard that there were apparently going to be higher quality mods in the mod store. Does that mean that there'll be 6 and 7 dot mods

Should I make a section of the forums for speculations that can't be answered by players or devs, BUT really are fun to ponder?

*starts to ponder...

We're good! Stop pondering! Stop pondering!

Dear RyDiggs

I would advise caution when posting as a representative of CG. Written language has blah blah blah ...

... that reflects poorly on you.

I hope you can use my feedback

File it in the "complain about everything" section, cross-reference with the "why dont' devs communicate more" section.

Haha nice!!!
  • Options
    Long enough to empty your balance before L90 and more ships get released

This guy knows what's up
  • Options
    [quot

can you please tell us how long these special deals in the mod store are going to last?

Hopefully as long as are limited time 5 battle hard nodes
  • Options

*starts to ponder...

I would actually love to see a separate forum for complaints and whining...and reserve this forum for productive discussion, sharing and learning with a zero tolerance rule for complaints, whining and such...
  • CG_RyDiggs
    536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited March 2018
    Options

I'm officially letting you know, we're officially not telling the official end time. They are for a limited time as described.

I know it's not what you ideally wanted to hear, but trying to answer all I can before the weekend.

Cheers!
    Post edited by CG_RyDiggs on
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with previous posters. If they introduce 6 and 7 dot mods within a few months after this there is going to be mass rage.
  • Options
    The mods are expensive and aren't very good. I'll keep my 40m and 46m credits right where they are.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

I'm officially letting you know, they we're officially not telling the official end time. They are for a limited time as described.

I know it's not what you ideally wanted to hear, but trying to answer all I can before the weekend.

Cheers!

The issue is that you’ve announced things in the past as “limited time” that turned out to be test periods to decide whether to make them permanent (3 of the cheapest refreshes instead of 2; 5 hard node attempts instead of 3). So it’s reasonable for people to want to know whether “limited time” means what it says this time.
  • Options
    The mods in that store are still useless 3-5 mil credits for a mod without any speed or 3 speed as a secondary stat. No thank you.
    Proud Leader of The Young Apprentices
    http://swgoh.gg/u/lightsabre/
    Discord - LightSabre#6186
  • CG_RyDiggs
    536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

I'm officially letting you know, they we're officially not telling the official end time. They are for a limited time as described.

Cheers!

The issue is that you’ve announced things in the past as “limited time” that turned out to be test periods to decide whether to make them permanent (3 of the cheapest refreshes instead of 2; 5 hard node attempts instead of 3). So it’s reasonable for people to want to know whether “limited time” means what it says this time.

I do understand your concern and we understand players' wants around this.
    However, we're not committing to a time on this offer, only letting you know that it is not planned to be permanent. That impermanence should factor into your decision making.

I'm working to provide transparency of intent, but the answer is 'it's not defined' is the definition.

I do very much appreciate you advocating though!

RT
    Post edited by CG_RyDiggs on
  • Options
    Please, make it permanent! It's great!
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Options
    i.e. "We are waiting for enough people to spend all their credits...... and then we will drop a level bump"
  • gatormatt
    304 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Yup, the intent here is to drain everyone's credit resources. A level cap increase will happen in March. EA's 2018 fiscal year ends March 31st. You can bet they are going to raise the level cap and try to finish off the 2018 fiscal year strong.

We aren't going to get a straight forward answer from the devs because they don't want to reveal their business plans. And the fiscal year may not mean much to the devs communicating here, but it means alot to their boss, and to their bosses boss... And so on.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    The mods in that store are still useless 3-5 mil credits for a mod without any speed or 3 speed as a secondary stat. No thank you.

So not true. Paying ships credits is amazing first of all.
    Second, sure I bought an **** load of mods but got prob 7 at last count that had 15 speed secondary.
    So in my mind (seeing as my ships are maxed) they cost me just over a 1000+ in crystals refreshing.
    Plus I haven’t even upgraded them all to 12 yet so could have a god mod yet to discover.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    I'm so glad everyone is cynical, just like me. EA is tricksey!
  • Options
    I'm glad RY has been a big boy about this.
  • IronRanger
    203 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Seriously? Every refresh I've found at least one 5 dot gold mod with speed secondary or a 5 dot gold arrow with primary speed. I just need some more credits now!
  • Options
    Having answered this, I'm moving this to the feedback section with the re-link so you can all continue providing feedback and opinions.

It all helps improve the game!

Have a GREAT weekend!

RT
  • Options
    IronRanger wrote: »

Seriously? Every refresh I've found at least one 5 dot gold mod with speed secondary or a 5 dot gold arrow with primary speed. I just need some more credits now!

lucky! I haven't seen a speed arrow once :(
  • Tifer
    130 posts Member
    Options
    I took it as more ships coming and they didn't want everyone to be able to level them up off the bat, so they're getting us to spend our credits now.
  • Options
    [quot

Hopefully as long as are limited time 5 battle hard nodes

I thought the same! I even checked when they introduced 5 hard battles per day, august 9th... "limited time"
    love it though, i just finished Krennic!
  • Options
    Since this is now on the feedback section, can I suggest a change to mod store so we can see the ships credits we have, just like we have credits and crystals in the top right corner
  • Options
    IronRanger wrote: »

Lol don't exaggerate. The change has been very good, but I still haven't seen an arrow with speed primary.
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Options

*starts to ponder...
    Our definitions of "fun" must be extremely different, since for me the word I'd use there is "terrifying."
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    now we're complaining about getting good mods for a tiny 15 reset. I mean...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you