Content Update 6/7/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Look at it this way... Reducing to 5 right before JTR event is masterful as people who were close will now have to buy a shipment or two 8 shards short on the 20th.... shipment. maybe they will go back to 8 when there is a lull in legendary events
  • sipi22
    20 posts Member
    Options
    FIXES
      [*] The Chimaera event now properly displays its requirements.

Could you clarify if this means that the change is to the displayed requirements (to match the actual smaller number of ships required) or to the requirement enforcement (so that from now on we do need to meet the previously stated requirements)

Any response to clarify this @CG_Leviathan ?
    • Options
      Bring back 8 attempts! With most of the new characters recently (Sion, Marr, Talzin, Zombie and of course Rose) been put on hard nodes lately it seemed like giving us 8 attempts made things a bit easier. Still a long grind but more attainable. I don't think I'll ever get my 7 star Rose now!
    • Options
      Is anyone else feeling frustrated like me by the quick release of way too many toons too quickly. I can’t keep up!

To quote one of the whales in my guild: "The day I became completely FTP was the day they released three toons on one day."

I don't mind marquees for releasing new characters, but I think there ought to be a variety of release methods. Not all new characters should be released in marquees. Methods like:
      • Login character of the month
      • Chromium exclusive
      • Arena/GW/Cantina store release.
      • Legendary events
      And BTW, rotating character shipments in Guild/Fleet stores is a garbage technique.
    • Options
      Is anyone else feeling frustrated like me by the quick release of way too many toons too quickly. I can’t keep up!

To quote one of the whales in my guild: "The day I became completely FTP was the day they released three toons on one day."

I don't mind marquees for releasing new characters, but I think there ought to be a variety of release methods. Not all new characters should be released in marquees. Methods like:
      • Chromium exclusive
      • Legendary events
      And BTW, rotating character shipments in Guild/Fleet stores is a garbage technique.

The stores have become a joke. The shard shop currency you get from that, ultimately, boils down to 5 pcs of some random gear is not alleviating anything.

I guess every new toon is going to be part of some tight nit group. I'm not standing here saying Bohdi Rook was anything amazing - but he was a good collectors item for those who went that path.

As of now everything new is just being jammed up a hard node and you're not even given a 'Good luck chap.' No more bones being thrown, I guess.

I guess the new game is how long Newtons 1st law is going to keep a lot of old players riding this ship before enough is enough.
      #AcolyteShootsTwice
    • Options
      sipi22 wrote: »
      FIXES

With Ships 2.0 bringing the starting ship amount to 3v3, the current minimum requirements displayed for the Chimaera event are correct.
      • TVF
        36603 posts Member
        Options
        Edward wrote: »
        TVF wrote: »
        Without Traya, Sion is not useful.

You must be smarter than everyone else. That's the only explanation I can come up with for the fact that everyone without Traya is still using him.

Smarter than you maybe, all the Empire teams I have fought everyday, Sion is usually dead in seconds after he AOE and my CLS led Rebel counters and kills instantly, easy like that :D

If yo don’t understand what others were trying to say, just say the word “I don’t understand” :#

There is no shame for that because you don’t understand everything. If people are kind, they might explain to you.

@edward how old is your shard?

CLS rebels fall like a rock on D now in established shards. Look at the meta report if you don't believe me.

And save the insults.
        I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
      • Waqui
        8802 posts Member
        edited June 2018
        Options
        sipi22 wrote: »
        FIXES

With Ships 2.0 bringing the starting ship amount to 3v3, the current minimum requirements displayed for the Chimaera event are correct.

Does this mean, that 3 non—capital rebel ships, including Ghost and Phantom, will suffice?
        • Options
          Waqui wrote: »
          Does this mean, that 3 non—capital rebel ships, including Ghost and Phantom, will suffice?

Yep, the requirements are Home One, Ghost, Phantom II, and another Rebel ship.
        • Waqui
          8802 posts Member
          Options
          Thank you :—)
        • Options
          I liked 8, but honestly 5 helps me diversify my spending. I remember when it was 3 and when 5 was supposedly temporary. 5 is a good number. 8 is nice to have here and there, 3 is stupidly low. 5 is solid. Not that anyone cares what I think lol
        • Edward
          651 posts Member
          Options

You must be smarter than everyone else. That's the only explanation I can come up with for the fact that everyone without Traya is still using him.

Smarter than you maybe, all the Empire teams I have fought everyday, Sion is usually dead in seconds after he AOE and my CLS led Rebel counters and kills instantly, easy like that :D

If yo don’t understand what others were trying to say, just say the word “I don’t understand” :#

There is no shame for that because you don’t understand everything. If people are kind, they might explain to you.

CLS rebels fall like a rock on D now in established shards. Look at the meta report if you don't believe me.

And save the insults.

Don’t change the subject, My shard is one of the oldest, still doesn’t change the fact Sion is not useful without Traya.
        • sipi22
          20 posts Member
          Options

Thank you - appreciate the clarification
        • TVF
          36603 posts Member
          Options

And save the insults.

Don’t change the subject, My shard is one of the oldest, still doesn’t change the fact Sion is not useful without Traya.

I can see this is going nowhere. Thanks.
        • Options

This prove that CG see all players complaints but decide ignore. They answer just what they want.
        • Options
          Seriously, you know you should stop paying for a game when a fragment of the game cost more than a well designed game's dlc. Just spend money on steam to buy whatever instead of on this.

0.5 USD per crystal, 80 crystal per 1/330 of a full upgrade character, 26400 crystal per upgrade character, so 13200 USD per full upgrade character. And for many character this is probabialy the only reliable way to upgrade it.

Isn't this amazing?

Of course, this is for the sense of pride and accomplishment we all know and love.

So my suggestion is to buy a 169 USD real game or something instead of investing into this, or anything else that has the Lucasfilm trade mark.
        • Yes
          145 posts Member
          Options
          "Dem's fightin words round hea boy" be careful you know they will take your post down or one of these so called mods will give you a stern talking to.
        • Tabub
          50 posts Member
          Options

And save the insults.

You still use CLS rebel squad? Wow, you must be ranked very low in arena... learn the game a little better before you comment kid
        • Ultra
          11502 posts Moderator
          Options
          Tabub wrote: »
          You still use CLS rebel squad? Wow, you must be ranked very low in arena... learn the game a little better before you comment kid
          CLS lead is competitive enough to get first even in today's meta state
        • Options

• Chromium exclusive
          • Legendary events

While I’d love it... they have already said nothing new for cantina, gw and arena. Those ar only for feeding shard shop now. As much as I hate rotation in stores I’d hate scrolling through 40 million pages to find what it want.
          I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
        • Waqui
          8802 posts Member
          Options
          0.5 USD per crystal, 80 crystal per 1/330 of a full upgrade character, 26400 crystal per upgrade character, so 13200 USD per full upgrade character. And for many character this is probabialy the only reliable way to upgrade it.
          0.5 USD per crystal? You might have to have a Word with your maths teacher.

• Options
          0.5 USD per crystal? You might have to have a Word with your maths teacher.

Lol. No kidding. It’s around 1 cent Canadian dollars per crystal so about $275 Can for a 7* chacarcter assuming 330 shards bought. I think the Usd is a bit better value...
          I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
        • TVF
          36603 posts Member
          Options
          Tabub wrote: »

And save the insults.

It's silly to claim that Sion is useless without Traya. And yet it's nearly as silly to claim that anyone using a CLS rebel lead must automatically be ranked low in arena.
        • Options
          You all seem to not understand the business model being employed here. EA said in an investor meeting that there is a form of psychological torture they are implementing to make you spend money. Everything on this game is designed to frustrate you into spending.

The reason they changed from 8 back down to 5 is probably because it was so good for all of us, which means it did not frustrate us as much as they need. The point is a long-term strategy: getting you to refresh energy three times is not nearly as profitable as having you bang your head against the wall until you submit to the ridiculous prices.

I won't stop playing this game, and I will continue to fail at many aspects of this game. I won't have Traya anytime soon, I have 2 shards of Vet Han, and I will never spend money. The only way EA will listen is when spending habits change on a long-term basis. EA listens to $$$ not these posts.
        • Mrtops
          80 posts Member
          Options
          @CG_SBCrumb,
          Ok, so you lowered the difficulty of the easiest ship challenge but did you not consider that the others are almost impossible to beat and I am way beyond the recommended level especially Tarkans Capital ship tier 4 and the droids challenge tier 3 and I am way higher leveled and they are still practically impossible.
        • BuckeyeATW
          88 posts Member
          edited June 2018
          Options
          @CG_SBCrumb where are the ability mat packs?
        • Natos
          138 posts Member
          Options
          DarthJarX2 wrote: »
          You all seem to not understand the business model being employed here. EA said in an investor meeting that there is a form of psychological torture they are implementing to make you spend money. Everything on this game is designed to frustrate you into spending.

The reason they changed from 8 back down to 5 is probably because it was so good for all of us, which means it did not frustrate us as much as they need. The point is a long-term strategy: getting you to refresh energy three times is not nearly as profitable as having you bang your head against the wall until you submit to the ridiculous prices.

I won't stop playing this game, and I will continue to fail at many aspects of this game. I won't have Traya anytime soon, I have 2 shards of Vet Han, and I will never spend money. The only way EA will listen is when spending habits change on a long-term basis. EA listens to $$$ not these posts.

What they don't tell investors is that they're not very good at finding the right balance of frustration to maintain player base. Some people end up spending, a good number just quit and find a better game that's more fun.

Hell, I'd rather go back to paying for an MMORPG subscription than dropping money on this frustrating crap.
        • Options

And save the insults.

I can see this is going nowhere. Thanks.

Ya... The brutal Sions in a Rex lead with no traya are completely useless... You can lead a horse to water... Or give a kid a book...
        • Daggo
          3 posts Member
          Options
          How is this even remotely fair? b9mfinieod8u.jpg
        • Options
          Tivel wrote: »
          Was really hoping the 8 was going to end up staying since it was so positively received by the community =/
          Why is there even a limit on LS/DS hard nodes?
          We should be able to do as many attempts as we want.
          I don't get it.