1588 posts Member
    Options
    Worlds first request to nerf? @SnakesOnAPlane

:)

• WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    100% agree that Slave 1's RI giving taunt is outdated and actively bad. Should have been caught and removed when his ship was touched up. That or they could have given him locked protection up, but so darn many of the meta fleets will just remove that protection up while one or two shotting him after RI.

Also second the motion to change the 'target ally gains taunt' clause from Exec's healing to a much more practical 'the healthiest bounty hunter tank gains taunt' as right now I'm regretting taking it high enough to provide the taunt, as it's often better for me now to use a basic rather than heal one of my injured attackers, as doing so while also giving it taunt is a death sentence. CG had said that they don't ever want us to deliberately gimp our units to perform better, and they really missed the mark in terms of that promise with several parts of the exec's kit.
  • Options
    When Slave 1 was new, the taunt was good. However, ships have become so much more powerful that Slave 1 cannot survive as long as it used to.
  • Options
    Problem of Slave1 is all buffs are dispellable - especially the critical avoidance. The kit as of now is garbage. What is the point of million buffs, if they are all dispelled in one attack and even you get critted with crit avoidance up - hilarious.

To be honest the Slave 1 should be way tankier than she is as of now - right now Slave 1 is an attacker, but not a tank at all except for the damage. Yes the Seismic charge is fantastic, but outside of this its more of a joke.

Funny thing is she basically has an anti assist train kit (50% dmg reduction *IF* breached), but if you put Slave1 rebels will wipe your Fleet without rng because the kit doesnt work its amusing.
  • Options
    Agreed. For a ship that is that squishy (and also has the attacker tag, not tank) to have taunt as reinforcement ability doesn’t make a lot of sense. They could just have replaced the taunt with going into stealth or something, or even just removed it. It is supposed to be the hunter, not the prey.
  • Options
    Stokat wrote: »
    Agreed. For a ship that is that squishy (and also has the attacker tag, not tank) to have taunt as reinforcement ability doesn’t make a lot of sense. They could just have replaced the taunt with going into stealth or something, or even just removed it. It is supposed to be the hunter, not the prey.

Recall he often hid out of plain site, or at least tried to. Stealth would have been perfect.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    Options
    I recall the sense of pride from the developers when Ships 2.0 was released, especially when Slave I was highlighted as a reinforcement (the reinforcement) game changer with its taunt up.

Subsequent testing by players also helped correlate a ship reinforcement priority order (i.e., the order you create your reinforcement lineup is not necessarily the order of reinforcement on defense under the AI, unless your RNG radar is 100% on point and you've conceptualized the tiers and unseen gameplay perfectly). [This info is available on the SWGoH help wiki, edited by Andrakisjl.]

None of the tier 1 ships are likely in the Executor lineup, and a caveat would be if you have Hound's Tooth placed as a reinforcement, but Slave I is coming out first as a tier 2 reinforcement with its current prioritization (and of course with its current reinforcement abilities).

I agree with the thoughts here that if Slave I is meant to be a pseudo-tank, update it accordingly. And if its limited time as the reinforcement pinnacle is over and had been since... the first two weeks of Ships 2.0? Since Negotiator and Malevolence? then update its kit and update its AI reinforcement priority so players have more control on how it interacts with the Executor.

• Options

Recall he often hid out of plain site, or at least tried to. Stealth would have been perfect.

Stealth and retribution makes no sense.
    3v3 FTW
  • Options

Yes it does: AOE

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

So the retribution goes off once?
    It would make sense to do stealth and offense up.
    3v3 FTW
  • Options

Okay, sure, whatever works best. Make some suggestions like you just did instead of immediate negative Nancy.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Why not use Slave I as a starter so it doesn't reinforce?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    DonPuto wrote: »

Yeah, stripping Piett off of all his mods so the Executor is downgraded to 187 speed (?) and S1 goes before it with it's 188 speed (168 + 20 from unique).

RIP Piett for squad usage.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

Yeah, stripping Piett off of all his mods so the Executor is downgraded to 187 speed (?) and S1 goes before it with it's 188 speed (168 + 20 from unique).

That is assuming it counts the capital ship which abilities usually don't.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Is there any justification for CG to continue keeping the taunt on Slave I? The ship is an attacker and squishy. No taunt would also likely make a nice diff with Exec with some of the counters that have cropped up. As of right now, folks are resorting to removing him from Exec lineup to defend against what should be weak counters.

I agree 100%

Hes instantly killed if he is called in on defense or even on offense if tou do it too soon.

And being relic 8, the ai considers him the best to call in first
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

Because ig11 or XB are better for getting those breaches out and maximizing damage (double taps ftw).
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    Options

R8 IG, dont fully upgrade mods on Piett
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

So HT, IG, S1 or RC, IG, S1? Next level starting lineups.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

That is assuming it counts the capital ship which abilities usually don't.

You're right, for some reason I remembered the Finalizer counting itself for the speed bonus (which it also doesn't).
    So it's straight up impossible to get S1 faster than a 7* Executor.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

Dooku is the same, so does Xanadu Blood
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Dooku actually gets something from countering (Prot recovery and a stun). What does it do for Slave One?
    3v3 FTW
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options

Dooku actually gets something from countering (Prot recovery and a stun). What does it do for Slave One?

TL
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

IG, HT, and RC. 1st reinforcement is S1, 2nd is XB.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Testing is so 2016.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

IG, HT, and RC. 1st reinforcement is S1, 2nd is XB.

Ok cool, might wanna read the initial post.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

Regardless, there are toons with retribution + stealth
  • Options
    I reached out to the devs and they stated rather than removing Taunt, they decided to keep it and try to make Slave I more useful/tankier as a reinforcement by way of additional Protection Up and the counter/target lock interactions. Also, there will be some minor AI fixes introduced soon that we will provide more details on as it comes closer.
  • Options
    I reached out to the devs and they stated rather than removing Taunt, they decided to keep it and try to make Slave I more useful/tankier as a reinforcement by way of additional Protection Up and the counter/target lock interactions. Also, there will be some minor AI fixes introduced soon that we will provide more details on as it comes closer.

Changes to fix the executor?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

What’s this Slave 1 you speak of? I only know Boba Fett’s Starship ;)
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options

Changes to fix the executor?

Yes

EDIT: Misunderstood Doja's AI post being about Slave 1