February release notes

Replies

• I hope the update comes tomorrow !!!
  • Will the event with getting the new character repeat in the future?:D

Did you even read the notes?
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Second, with the improvements to gear details, players can now see how many of an item exists in inventory, a primary value of the Sell screen.
    Sorry if I missed it, but will we also be able to see how many of an item we have when they're available from shipments?
    This is one of the biggest uses of the sell screen for me, being able to check how many of something I have before I decide whether to buy the single (not 3 stack) item available from shipments.

• Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Wispsi wrote: »
    I just hope he has some way of dealing with sid...today in arena I had Sid 1v4 me and 1v3 me in different fights :( just on my normal 5 battles :/ running multiple f2p Jedi is such a huge liability and risk. I hope people realise that they will not be able to use most of their Jedi they are starring up outside of light side battles...

What level are you? Sidious is one of the worst level 70 characters at the moment. He does extremely low damage and can be one shot by almost any damage dealer. Having him on a team is a huge liability, so I think we will see less and less of him.

Source: I've been rank 1 for the past 2 months.

huh? i'm level 70 and when I choose to put the time 1 and a half hours before rewards time I can usually get into top 10 with out any issues/gem usage. And guess what? until you get into that top 10 you almost always see mr sillious. He is still used quite frequently. Perhaps even more usage again if/when they make poe a little less of a requirement that he is at the moment which requires a small handful of teams to make best use of him.

• Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »
    Wispsi wrote: »
    I just hope he has some way of dealing with sid...today in arena I had Sid 1v4 me and 1v3 me in different fights :( just on my normal 5 battles :/ running multiple f2p Jedi is such a huge liability and risk. I hope people realise that they will not be able to use most of their Jedi they are starring up outside of light side battles...

What level are you? Sidious is one of the worst level 70 characters at the moment. He does extremely low damage and can be one shot by almost any damage dealer. Having him on a team is a huge liability, so I think we will see less and less of him.

Source: I've been rank 1 for the past 2 months.

If you read what he said, he uses a jedi team. So Sid is a problem for him.

I think you are exaggersting saying hevis one of the worst chsracters. I also think he was slightly overrsted when he had adventsge of stars over everybody, and he is coming to ground now. But he still is one of the few good leaders and he is fast enough to act. "One of the worst" is not true. Try Assajj Ventres or Tslia, or Chewie, or Roysl Guard... I can tell you 45 chars worse than him, at least

Sorry, my comment sounded a bit rough. When I say "one of the worst" I should have clarified. I meant one of the worst choices in today's meta...based on what I see all of the time. He was much better at level 60 pvp I think. There are definitely some REALLY bad chars like Talia etc...but I don't even consider those choices haha.

He doesn't bring anything to a team other than a leader ability, and even Lumi can one shot him from full health. He is super easy to farm, and is great in galactic war so of course you will see him in top pvp teams. (there aren't really a lot of choices in pvp for free to play TBH).

As a Jedi team, you just need to leave him as the last target since he isn't a threat. Problem solved.

okay that is a better assessment of silliouness. Yeah with the meta being FAST/HIGH damage his heal block is only useful in so far as placing a neg status affect on someone where its important like rey. His leader ability is still rockin but yeah most people have caught up to his earlier shiny self. He's still good and I still see him all over the place but at least for top 10 teams he is a subpar choice to be sure the meta being what it is :(

here's to hoping the meta can be coaxed into allowing much more variety in team choices......choices that actually stand a chance that is :)
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    darkside wrote: »
    Not yet. Luke is here

I seriously hope not. I don't want to start seeing characters with different versions of themselves in the game until we have a deeper pool of characters to select from. But simply based on people have been requesting....then yeah he's deffinatly in the running, but i'm thinking more likely to see yoda. although its going to be strange that getting this character and it being the only way to get them and yet a certain individual (vadar) is still stuck at 5* max without the cheating that some people delved into.

i'm hoping for yoda. You need yoda BEFORE you can train young luke in the ways of the force.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    He doesn't bring anything to a team other than a leader ability, and even Lumi can one shot him from full health.

Not sure what game you are playing. I am playing SWGoH and not only Lumi can't one shot any Sid ever, but she will actually miss 60% of the time bith in her Special or regular. Like trying to catch a fish with just barehands. A maxed Sid hits first, has no counter and many times does 4-5 Crits for close to 5k, so just as you start 4 chars have 4.5 (like Ig-88) to 10k (like a Lumi), making any char of your choice a one shot affair.

Other than leader ability? Did you read his ability? It's sticky and lasts the entire game even if dead. Effectively, 14% Critical Damage boost means 200%+ regular damage every time it activates. Make the math:

14% Critical * 100% damage increase (or more) = 14% damage boost for entire fight.

Second perk:

20% Critical damage boost. Not just to the 14%, but for any crit triggered or not by 14%. Critical happens maybe about 40%, or 54% with boost. 20% of 54% is anither 11% global damage boost.

So, JUST his leadership boosts damage 25%. But since it's on crits, it creates more pikes and fewer valleys...which also allow to erase chars faster than a regular Offense buff.

Add up the damage too...he goes first and does about 20k damage to enemy in one shot, then everyone does 25% more damage. Even if we was dead the 4 remaining do 25% more dmg, after the 4 play is like having an extra char! But...he is NOT dead. There is usually a higher priority char...and now one key char of yours can't heal anymore. In Arena things are fast, but if damage is tamed you'll hate it once again.

Ohhh I forgot...the damage over time. Easily 8-10 dots. Another -1k+ or more each time a char plays...and a marking so Rey can one shot any char, or TNT if you are using any char that needs dots like IG-88 or Darth. When you combine this and add up, you have 6k more per turn, or 12k in two. All this with one AoE: 32k + plus buffing Rey, IG-88, Darth, even Poe which has double chance of Offense Down when a negative status.

Post edited by Preemo_Magin on
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    dup
  • puppyCasey
    208 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Darth Sid seems to consistantly go before everyone else. His damage is also very consistant and frequent, he has AoE, his leader ability is one of the best if not the best, he has 100% healing immunity proc on his basic attack, he dodges enough that he isnt QGJ fragile, he has healing gaurenteed when anyone dies as well as chance at turn meter. I think it is more of a liability to not have him on ones team.

One (of a handful) of fixes/changes i would like to see is: account for the exact speed a character has, not the bracket they fall in.

I have to be honest, after reading through the OP and giving myself some time to think about it, I am bit more pessimistic about the future (more accurately: my future) of swgoh. The devs (or whoever is making these decisions) made two had choices.
    1. Phasma is an awesome character who is not OP yet fun to use and has a diversity of team compositions which are viable. She is one of the best designed and implemented characters yet (imo). The wording of her leader ability should have been changed, not the mechanics of it.
    Why make a choice which either does not effect customers (dont use her) or negatively effects customers (use her), when no one is positively effected (...cannot beat phasma teams because non attacks proc assist...what?). It is neat that non attacks proc assist and the better choice is to match the wording or not do anything.

2. I have asimilar complaint about Assajj. Assajj was awesome in the clone wars series (appeared on e1s1 and through out all 6(?) seasons). Changing her healing skill makes sense, sure. Assajj was never into helping anyone but herself. I believe she is a good person bad things happened to, but i am not going to deny that she looks out for herself. But she is so bad (in swgoh)!! Very easy to kill, very slow and nothing to make up for those deficits!
    I hope that in a future update she will be thoroughly reworked.

I have more to say but i am getting bored saying it.

In conclusion, I definately love this thpe of game. Turn based tactical rpg(good title?) is my favorite mobile type and second favorite over all type of game. Turn based rpg has explosive potential on mobile gaming. While a good job has been done with SWGOH, i think the success is due in a very large part to the Star Wars francise and The Force Awakened release.
    I find my self searching freauently for upcoming releases of turn based RPG mobile games.

I know I have been negative, but I do love this game. I play this now instead of Boom Beach (which I played previously). I am so happy i pre ordered it. I feel, however, that if Supercell, e.g., would announce a new Final Fantasy - style game, you would lose a significant amount of sales.
    I, for one, ould be the first to check it out. I think that by making decisions to benefit your wallet instead of your customers, its ultimately your wallet that is going to suffer. What a mobile gaming company needs to be at the very top is a dedication to putting profits second to the quality of game. My experience with EA is that you sacrifice quality for profits. I believe that EA is a bit notorious for greed in the mobile gaming world.

Before the wide spread smart phone epidemic, game developers made games which they could sell for at most $60. With in app purchases on mobile games, people spend $60 on the same game over and over again. Game developers have a huge revenue source. The top mobile gaming companies ten years from now are going to be the ones who put game quality and user experience before profit.

So I really do love this game. I hope you put new daily pve content in and expand the pvp aspect. I think your focus is on new, characters, but there already enough of those. While I think certain people are ohviously needed , i hope that your focus shifts to expanding and unrestricting the content, because ultimately that is how you are going to keep customers.

Keep working hard, I am excited about the new content coming soon and look forward to playing everyday for quite a long time (at least until there is better option in this style of game).
  • @puppyCasey but they made self heal twice as powerful and she is very capable. Hard to kill suck a tank if she is healing faster too.

The problem with Phasma and Asajj is this. Phasma: if dmg ultra high, stealing one attack is a game changer. She makes huge damage happen faster. Assaj, she is good, but her speed is half that of other players like Dooku....
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Update today i hooe
  • Most people are assuming Tuesday at the earliest, but likely Thursday, as that has been the "big update" day in the past
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Most people are assuming Tuesday at the earliest, but likely Thursday, as that has been the "big update" day in the past

• The update needs to include the following:

"The detailed character statistics screen will now list HP Steal"

Fixing it is great, don't get me wrong, but not being able to figure out whether you have it it will be a major pain.

This! Such info should be easily accessible in the game itself.

I also wonder how the health stealing will work. I hope it includes any kind of attack, not just basic ones. Health stolen on AoE attack should be based on the damage to the target char, I guess. So if you hit everyone but the target that means no extra health for you.
    Say no to bugs! Geonosian ones
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings,

Here is the moment you have all been waiting for, the very large list for everything we're doing in the next major update! Please note that we are aiming to have this update live and ready to go next week, but there is always that chance it may slip a few days.

DISCLAIMER: please be aware that anywhere in the notes where it says "now" refers to when this update is actually live.

What’s New

New Events System
    • A key feature in this update is a brand new Events system. This system replaces the old Key Card Events, and will enable our designers to craft a wide variety of Event types, structures, and themes.
    • To provide interesting and challenging scenarios, the new system can restrict the type, number, category, and rarity of units eligible for a given Event.
    • Events can allow limitless attempts, a limited number of attempts, or be non-repeatable.
    • Most Events are expected to be available for a limited time. An exception are the Training Droid and Credits Events which were previously available in the Key Card system. Those two events will also be available in the new Events system, and are expected to always be available.
    • A limited time Event can re-appear at a later date after its time limit has expired. Players' progress will be saved from previous attempts.
    • As part of this change, the old Key Card collection table has been removed.

First Event – Featuring a New Character!
    • One of the most-frequently requested characters is now available! In this inaugural Event, players can Battle to win Shards for this character in their customized training Battles.
    • This Event features seven stages which must be unlocked progressively. Only Jedi units are allowed. The requirements for each Stage are also based on the star rarity of the Jedi units.
    • The first Battle in this Event requires five Jedi which are 1 Star or above. Completing that Battle will award Shards of the new character, and unlock Stage 2.
    • Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 5 Stars.
    • This Event is planned to be available for a week, and then unavailable for a number of weeks, and then available again for a week, etc. This approach will give players multiple opportunities to progress in the Event, with time in between to prepare as needed.
    • This will be the only place to gain Shards of the new character. The new character is not expected to be for sale or acquirable elsewhere in the game.

New Training Bot and Credit Events
    • These two repeatable Events have been refactored under the new Events system.
    • These Events are open indefinitely and no longer require Key Cards. Players can attempt them without limit.
    • Energy cost per attempt has been adjusted down.
    • Payouts per attempt have also been adjusted down to account for the lowered Energy cost, unlimited attempts, and economy balance.

Free Energy Rewards
    • During 3 two hour periods of the day (12:00-14:00, 18:00-20:00, and 21:00-23:00, all in your local time) the player can collect additional bonus Energy through the Daily Activities menu.
    • This bonus Energy will only be available during those time windows and must be actively collected. The collection opportunity will not persist if the player comes in after the two hour window expires.
    • A countdown timer displays in Daily Activities to show when the next one will be available.

Leaderboard Rank Swap Adjustments
    • Adjustments have been made to the way Arena matchmaking works for the top 40 positions on the leaderboard.
    • Once players reach rank 40, the range of players they can challenge will begin to shrink.
    • For example, previously, players who reached rank 11 could attack the player at rank 2. Now a rank 11 player will only be able to attack a player up to rank 6.

Shard Details
    • When viewing possible rewards or shipments, clicking on a character Shard will display the number of Shards required to acquire or Promote that character as well as summary details on the strategic value of the character.
    • This will give players more info on Shards where they need it, so they don't have to navigate away to check their Shard counts.

Gear Details
    • When a player views possible rewards or shipments, gear that is currently needed for a character(s) is badged.
    • Clicking on a badged piece of gear will display all characters that currently need the gear (at that moment).
    • Viewing gear details now displays the quantity of gear that the player owns.

Finding Gear/Shards
    • Improvements were made to the Find flow so players will know if they got the piece they were looking for.
    • After pressing "Find" to search for a piece of gear, when that piece of gear is part of the post-Battle rewards, it is highlighted as "Collected X/Y" with X being the quantity of the item the player owns and Y being the quantity of the item needed to fulfill the crafting requirement.
    • Shards will also be highlighted as "Collected X/Y" when searched.

Shard Shop
    • Previously when players gained enough Shards for a 7 star character, any additional Shards earned had no value. The Shard Shop is the answer to this problem.
    • A "Shard Shop" will now unlock when a player has collected a 7 star character.
    • At the shop, players can convert additional Shards earned for their 7 star characters into a currency that can be spent on acquiring Shards for other characters.
    • Dialog for pre and post unlock guide explain the purpose of the shop.

Gear Crafting Improvements
    • Several changes were made to the crafting flows to make it less labor intensive for players.
    • Previously when crafting a piece of nested gear (multiple levels of crafting), after crafting was complete for the "child" or "component" piece, the player would have to navigate up a hierarchy level to determine what gear was needed next to craft the "parent" or "full" piece.
    • Now when the child item has been crafted the player will immediately be taken to the parent (one level up), removing the extra navigation step.
    • Previously when crafting a piece of nested gear with many levels of hierarchy, each child had to be crafted individually before the parent could be crafted. Crafting can now be done at the parent level if all gear and credits required for child items have been gathered.
    • A back button is now present in the gear crafting UI making navigation up a level of hierarchy more clear. The current hierarchy level is also highlighted.
    • The "Equip" button will now be green when the gear needed is available, minimizing players from accidentally spending crafting materials unnecessarily.
    • When multiple pieces of gear are needed, a scrollbar is present and gear that is needed is sorted to the top.

Arena Screen
    • Arena Matchmaking screen has been overhauled based on player feedback, and to clarify a number of things players were finding confusing.
    • The screen will now show opponents' full squad, allowing players to both plan for the Battle and to study what unit combinations other players are using.
    • Tap and Hold on opponent units will bring up details for that specific unit.
    • The player's own rank is more prominently displayed.
    • Changed the power icon to just the word "Power" to make it more clear to players.
    • The prize tier the player is currently is now displayed next to the player's power.
    • A timer was added to the Prizes button to show when those rewards will be distributed.
    • The Home button is now available in the upper right. The Refresh opponent list button has been moved.
    • Shipments button in Arena (and Galactic War) changed to read "Redeem" and show the currency icon to clarify where to spend the related currency.

Improvements to Delayed Damage
    • Previously, abilities which caused Damage over Time (DoT) or had a time-delay element in their damage could not kill an enemy unit when it started its turn. That is no longer the case.
    • Units with a DoT, bomb, or similar effect on them will suffer the correct amount of damage at the very start of their turn. If that takes them to zero health, they will die before taking their turn.

Improved Pack Descriptions
    • The pack description screen has been improved to provide a more detailed account of the potential drops from each of the packs.
    • This is meant to more accurately represent the possible drops from packs than the previous approach that only displayed characters.
    • This new description is not a comprehensive list of everything in the pack, due to the vast quantity of items, but shows a large percentage of the possible items.

Ally Information
    • Clicking on an Ally under Allies->Manage will now display additional information about the Ally including the leader's ability, PvP Rank, and Power.
    • This will allow players to assess their ally list more carefully.

Sell button / screen removed
    • We removed the Sell Screen, and ability to sell items, from the game. This decision was made for a few reasons.
    • First, the replacement of Mining Droids with credits removed the item that people sold the most.
    • Second, with the improvements to gear details, players can now see how many of an item exists in inventory, a primary value of the Sell screen.
    • Finally, we were noticing that players were often accidentally selling items, leading to a negative experience.
    • We realize some players sell gear and xp bots purposefully to earn credits, but we feel this is a better experience for the majority of the playerbase.
    • Any player that had a mining droid in the inventory will receive an Inbox message granting the credit value of the droids.

Gear rarity visibility
    • The border around gear denoting its rarity is now present in Shipments and during Data Card opening, making it easier to know the gear's value.

Squad management
    • When selecting squad members pre-Battle, the characters previously had their level listed redundantly. This has been replaced by showing character power, assisting in determining which character to choose.

Character Inventory Screen
    • Previously, on the Characters inventory screen, each panel for a character had a progress bar with two potential meanings. If the character had been Activated, the bar indicated the units XP progress to their next level. If the character had not been Activated, it showed progress of collecting Shards to Activate the character. This was confusing and hard to message clearly.
    • Now, regardless of whether the character is or isn't Activated, the bar under the characters now shows progress to the next star level (unit Shards).
    • Characters were previously sorted by level as a default. They are now sorted by Power, which is a more accurate representation of their value.
    • Gear slots now show the actual gear images so it's more clear when the slots are filled. Optimizations to the system allowed this without massive increase to inventory load.

Galactic War
    • The chest that animates, prompting the player to open it, has improved VFX so it's easier to tell what to do (tap on chest to open it).
    • Refreshing the Galactic War Shipments now costs premium currency to make it consistent with other shipment stores.

Daily Reward
    • Improved VFX after collecting the Daily Reward will more clearly show what the player has received.
    • A detail was added to the info section in the Daily Reward screen explaining that daily login progress resets at the beginning of each month.

Accounts
    • If a player on Android is logged into G+, that player will continue to be logged in after doing an update from the app store. Previously a player could be logged out of G+.

Battle Targeting
    • The targeting reticle "pops" more noticeably when attempting to target an opponent unit when another opponent unit is taunting, or when trying to target a stealthed opponent.
    • This should make it more clear why a player cannot change targets in those instances.
    • Improvements were made in Battle to make it easier to target backrow opponents so players can be more strategic in their target choices.
    • Targets will no longer swap between character turns when using manual Battle.

Training Bot Icons
    • The size of training droid icons was increased in the info panels to make them easier for players to see and differentiate between them.

VFX Changes
    • Double Shot VFX for Cad Bane and CT555's basic attack has been improved so they shoot from the right gun for the double shot.
    • VFX for Clone Wars Chewbacca's specials were differentiated more so it is clear that the chosen special ability was triggered.

Attack animation distance
    • The distance to target in the animation for the Jedi Knight Guardian's basic attack and Kylo Ren's second special was reduced (no functional change, cosmetic adjustment) so it looks more like they are hitting their targets.

Challenges
    • In order to help players plan, all of the panels for the Challenges now show the days of the week when a Challenge is available.
    • Previously, inactive Challenges were hidden, but in order to show when inactive Challenges will become available, all panels are now visible even if they are not accessible.

“Go” Button Fixes
    • The “Go” button for Daily Activities has now been fixed for the Galactic War Activity, Use the Force, Mission Directives, Hard Won, and Give in to the Dark Side.
    • Go button on the "Battle Hardened" Achievement now takes player to Hard Mode Campaign instead of the store.

App Rating Prompt
    • Added to the choices so players can dismiss the prompt forever or postpone it for a while.
    • "Rate Now" - Takes player to app store.
    • "Not Now" - Player is reminded to rate later.
    • "Never" - Reminder does not reappear.

Home Screen Scroll Bar
    • Added an indicator to the Cantina Home Screen under the HUD that shows that there are scrollable areas to the left and right

Cantina Energy Color
    • Changed Cantina Energy icon color from purple to match the color of Cantina Credits.

Do we have a date yet plz let us know
  • Dam update looks Great any idea when it goes live and 5 7* jedi. Im like most people just got lumi 7*
  • 5 7* jedi... Okay, 5 5* jedi... Okay, 5 jedi... That's like 3 more than I got anyway, heh
    Say no to bugs! Geonosian ones
  • Does anybody know an exact date for this update?
  • TarboNash wrote: »
    Amazed Rey wasn't nerfed a bit. She attacks fast and her special is often a one shot kill followed with an auto one time dodge.

But all in all good job and appreciated effort...

I'm assuming a Rey nerf will come once more people have her

Oh, for some people there will always be a Poe on every game. Name it Rey, Yoda, doesn't matter. It's the QQ that matters.
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    I'm stoked about the 7* Jedi Event. I have 7* Lumi, JC, Kit and QGJ. I'm 35 points from 7* Asokha. Fingers crossed. Bring on the patch, Devs.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    JWH wrote: »
    I'm stoked about the 7* Jedi Event. I have 7* Lumi, JC, Kit and QGJ. I'm 35 points from 7* Asokha. Fingers crossed. Bring on the patch, Devs.

KIT FISTO 7* how Jesus!!!!!!
  • Timba
    61 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    $$$,

Nice changes. I've started farming a fifth usable Jedi to add to my roster ( Got a Lumi, JC, Ima Gun Di, Ahsoka ), and my choice was Mace Windu. As a f2p player, I believe it'll be pretty hard for me to get it ready in time, but I can compensate with a Jedi Guardian in the meanwhile.
    Glad to see a few QoL changes too. Can't wait for the update :)
    Timba ~ f2p since October ~ on LINE timba_timba ~ [FTB]

• Can't wait no longer.
    I hope we get update after midnight
    Almost all player's keep energy for update
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Timba wrote: »
    $$$,

Nice changes. I've started farming a fifth usable Jedi to add to my roster ( Got a Lumi, JC, Ima Gun Di, Ahsoka ), and my choice was Mace Windu. As a f2p player, I believe it'll be pretty hard for me to get it ready in time, but I can compensate with a Jedi Guardian in the meanwhile.
    $$$,

$$$,

Nice I am set and ready for the event as well. 5* Mace he's almost 6*, 6* qui gon, 6* lumi, 6* JC, 6* Koth. All the 6 are just about half way to seven so I'll probably be able to get the character next time around!
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Baldo wrote: »

I'm p2p and have been really lucky with RNG. I've unlocked all but 7 characters and I can't unlock Old Ben or Boba Fett for the life of me.

@EA_Jesse when can we expect the patch to drop so I'm not checking my phone every hour?
  • I think it will be on Thursday
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Baldo wrote: »

I'm p2p and have been really lucky with RNG. I've unlocked all but 7 characters and I can't unlock Old Ben or Boba Fett for the life of me.

@EA_Jesse when can we expect the patch to drop so I'm not checking my phone every hour?

Amazing!! I have benn im also extremely eager to know when this patch is please!!
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Have Boba 6* why not farm bobba in cantina got him up quick
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    darkside wrote: »
    I think it will be on Thursday

LAMEEEEEEEE
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    @darkside what makes you think this?