Older leaderboards have become stale...

Prev134
BoxandthefuzzReturns
273 posts Member
edited March 2017
I'm a December 2015 player and have noticed our leaderboard(shard/server) for Arena has become stale with inactivity. I also really loved the challenge tournaments brought by being able to compete against the best teams in the game.

I'd like to see them start merging the older leaderboards together so that they become more competitive. As well while we're at it, let change refreshes from crystals to AP currency so we can really make that late push without the consequences of affecting our net crystal gains from our placement. This will enable a 24/7 meat grinding extravaganza that will always be interesting and entertaining. Let's see who's king of the hill.

Replies

• RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Maybe a shard swap every few months?
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Maybe a shard swap every few months?

Yes please put me on a brand new shard. I need more crystals. B)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    o dear, can of worms is opened =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if i like this BUT if they tried it out and were able to revert back to normal if this didn't work out then yea why not try it.
  • Options
    I'd like it but I felt that's what tourneys were ment to do for us but just poorly designed IMO would like to see them return with more structure and organization
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Are you insane!!!! No no no no noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    I like that I have my leaderboard figured out and don't have to work hard at finishing the top ranks. I don't want to have to figure out a new one to work on.

AP refreshes ummmmmmmmm noooooooooooooooooo.
    Make it harder for others to climb to the top not easier.
  • Options
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I like that I have my leaderboard figured out and don't have to work hard at finishing the top ranks. I don't want to have to figure out a new one to work on.

It's the best way to keep ftp out of the top ten. They don't deserve to be there anyway.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

It's the best way to keep ftp out of the top ten. They don't deserve to be there anyway.

Ok. want to keep FTP out. reduce free battles to 3 and double refresh costs.
  • darkdeath
    40 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sound like someone (scuba) is scared to be on a more competitive shard.

Oh it's hard work, too much...wahhhhhhhh :'(

Change is the spice of life!

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    darkdeath wrote: »
    Sound like someone (scuba) is scared to be on a more competitive shard.

Oh it's hard work, too much...wahhhhhhhh :'(
    Yes

Change is the spice of life!
    No

See my answers in bold!!!
  • Options
    giphy.gif
    Agree 100%, why the hell it should be competitive ?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I'd love that. Having some whales who are in for $10k competing for a rank within the top20. I'll gladly step aside ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I'm going to agree with @scuba here. I've worked for a long time and endured a lot of people that join the game, make a crack at my shard's top 10, only to flame out a few months later. I enjoy having the same names and knowing those that are up there have endured along with me for a long time.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Options
    Prudkoan wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    Agree 100%, why the hell it should be competitive ?

You don't like the challenge? Whatever happened to survival of the richest? Either get better or pay.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    I can't believe you actually posted this!!!!!! What STALE are you talking about???? There's never a dull moment!
    I genuinely wish your server gets merged with another server that's composed of 100% players from your very timezone and have them all be super mega whales that start a shard chat without you and everyday you place 101st and wont be able to move up because the 100 players above you are locking each other 4 hours leading to payout time.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    LOCK THIS THREAD PLEASE before it's taken seriously :(
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »

I'd love that. Having some whales who are in for $10k competing for a rank within the top20. I'll gladly step aside ;)

Yeahhhh no thanks, I'm all for switching up servers...but grouping "whales" in one isn't the answer.

IMO they should keep the date started stirring process, but randomly shuffle players within that time period monthly.

ie, pool ALL December players into a group, then randomly place them into servers for a duration.....rince and repeat
  • Options
    WildGrunt wrote: »
    I can't believe you actually posted this!!!!!! What STALE are you talking about???? There's never a dull moment!
    I genuinely wish your server gets merged with another server that's composed of 100% players from your very timezone and have them all be super mega whales that start a shard chat without you and everyday you place 101st and wont be able to move up because the 100 players above you are locking each other 4 hours leading to payout time.

Sounds to me like you can't compete without collusion.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    I'd like to see them start merging the older leaderboards together so that they become more competitive. As well while we're at it, let change refreshes from crystals to AP currency so we can really make that late push without the consequences of affecting our net crystal gains from our placement. This will enable a 24/7 meat grinding extravaganza that will always be interesting and entertaining. Let's see who's king of the hill has the most time on their hands.

Fixed that last bit for ya. Sounds an awful lot like one of the reasons people hated tournaments...

I'm not a fan of this idea. If your Dec 15 leaderboard is stale, that's just you. My Dec 15 leaderboard is still alive and kicking and I don't think this is necessary. Also, turning the refresh into AP instead of crystals reduces reasons to get crystals which is probably not something CG wants.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Noooooooooooooooooioooooooooooooøooooooooooooooooo
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

lol!!!

@danrussoa
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options

Sounds to me like you can't collude
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options

May your blade chip and shatter sir. You are the worst.

(to be clear here, I'm all for a challenge... but to say ftp don't "deserve" to be in the top 10 is maybe the dumbest thing I've read on these forums. For a ftp to make the top 10, that means they've worked their **** off in game. They've earned that spot through blood sweat and hard work. They earned that spot. You paid for it. Bye Felicia)
  • Options

Sounds to me like you can't collude

Don't need to. Still manage 1st daily.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    My Dec 15 shard is quite active. Our chat group is too.
  • Options
    Muaddib wrote: »

(to be clear here, I'm all for a challenge... but to say ftp don't "deserve" to be in the top 10 is maybe the dumbest thing I've read on these forums. For a ftp to make the top 10, that means they've worked their **** off in game. They've earned that spot through blood sweat and hard work. They earned that spot. You paid for it. Bye Felicia)

I highly doubt you earned your way into your top ten. Clearly the meta shifted and you lucked out with having the toons required. Your fate will be dealt with in the next meta as you're cast back to the lower ranks of which you came from.
  • Options

I highly doubt you earned your way into your top ten. Clearly the meta shifted and you lucked out with having the toons required. Your fate will be dealt with in the next meta as you're cast back to the lower ranks of which you came from.

Sounds like fighting words to me...
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options

.... This is just hurtful :(
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    darkdeath wrote: »

Sounds like fighting words to me...

Bet they wont hit about it tho.
This discussion has been closed.