Older leaderboards have become stale...

Replies

• Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    It's the best way to keep ftp out of the top ten. They don't deserve to be there anyway.

May your blade chip and shatter sir. You are the worst.

(to be clear here, I'm all for a challenge... but to say ftp don't "deserve" to be in the top 10 is maybe the dumbest thing I've read on these forums. For a ftp to make the top 10, that means they've worked their **** off in game. They've earned that spot through blood sweat and hard work. They earned that spot. You paid for it. Bye Felicia)

I highly doubt you earned your way into your top ten. Clearly the meta shifted and you lucked out with having the toons required. Your fate will be dealt with in the next meta as you're cast back to the lower ranks of which you came from.

I don't play the current meta. I play for fun. :)
    Because it's a game see?
    My "fate" when the meta shifts will likely be that I continue to enjoy the game until I stop enjoying it and I move on.

But! If you derive your personal worth in the world from how you perform in a game environment (that you pay for), well good for you. I guess you're getting what you paid for. ;)

This is not just game. It's an addiction. It's life. I gave up my house, my wife, and my dog. I will dominate the new arena from my box in the ally!

Finally someone that makes sense in this thread
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    So you want all the best players on one leaderboard?
    result: the entire leaderboard can beat eachother on offence. Goodluck trying to figure out who is truly the best. You don't even need to be a genius to know the OP is not a genius. lol

Only talk to me after you have taken 1st at payout with a full team of Night Sisters....

This right here :lol:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    result: the entire leaderboard can beat eachother on offence. Goodluck trying to figure out who is truly the best. You don't even need to be a genius to know the OP is not a genius. lol

Only talk to me after you have taken 1st at payout with a full team of Night Sisters....

seems like an odd criteria since you don't have a full nighsister team.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    It's the best way to keep ftp out of the top ten. They don't deserve to be there anyway.

(to be clear here, I'm all for a challenge... but to say ftp don't "deserve" to be in the top 10 is maybe the dumbest thing I've read on these forums. For a ftp to make the top 10, that means they've worked their **** off in game. They've earned that spot through blood sweat and hard work. They earned that spot. You paid for it. Bye Felicia)

I highly doubt you earned your way into your top ten. Clearly the meta shifted and you lucked out with having the toons required. Your fate will be dealt with in the next meta as you're cast back to the lower ranks of which you came from.

I don't play the current meta. I play for fun. :)
    Because it's a game see?
    My "fate" when the meta shifts will likely be that I continue to enjoy the game until I stop enjoying it and I move on.

But! If you derive your personal worth in the world from how you perform in a game environment (that you pay for), well good for you. I guess you're getting what you paid for. ;)

This is not just game. It's an addiction. It's life. I gave up my house, my wife, and my dog. I will dominate the new arena from my box in the ally!

Your DOG man? That's cold.

Really. The wife, kids and house I am cool with that.. But the dog?!?

We all have to make sacrifices to reach the top :frowning:
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    Options
    bitmoji wrote: »
    I am with box on this 100%. I would request that we migrate slowly but constantly. Your shard should change by a few percent of players every day. That way you would have a lot of variety, and get to fight different people, and collusion for top 10 would be effectively ended. Player engagement, increased, very little development cost.

I say they add in a rancor style devour function, where at random times throughout the day a player will just drop 20-40 spots in rank.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Jaxom wrote: »
    I am with box on this 100%. I would request that we migrate slowly but constantly. Your shard should change by a few percent of players every day. That way you would have a lot of variety, and get to fight different people, and collusion for top 10 would be effectively ended. Player engagement, increased, very little development cost.

I say they add in a rancor style devour function, where at random times throughout the day a player will just drop 20-40 spots in rank.

Dude go apply for a position with the game development. They need someone like yourself.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Dude go apply for a position with the game development. They need someone like yourself.

because they're gonna make bank from the refreshes bought? O_o
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options

We already have that in my shard, it's called the guy who hits outside his payout every hour of the day. Hate that guy.
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    Options
    uhh @Sunnie1978 I'm in your server, I'm that guy!
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Thanks Man, appreciate the compliment!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    WildGrunt wrote: »
    LOCK THIS THREAD PLEASE before it's taken seriously :(

This.

Please.

As for the original thought of combining competitive shards...

100953-Michael-Scott-NO-gif-Imgur-C7Xd.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    No.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Paging @cosmicturtle333 ... turtle? turtle? :(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Just ignore the elitist snob and let him carry on thinking he's above everyone just because he has daddy's credit card on tap and can buy his way to the top. THOSE are the kind of people that don't DESERVE anything, I despise arrogance like theirs
  • Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »

Just ignore the elitist snob and let him carry on thinking he's above everyone just because he has daddy's credit card on tap and can buy his way to the top. THOSE are the kind of people that don't DESERVE anything, I despise arrogance like theirs

Didn't you hear? Daddy's credit card ran out and I'm sitting here s#itposting from my mildly soiled cardboard box. Things are looking up though. I've replaced my dog with a cute little rat that let's me snuggle him.
  • Options
    There is no "best of the best", why? Because there are multiple people in this game who have every single toon fully levelled and fully feared with ridiculous godly mods on anyone that's worth the time to put them on, so that already makes multiple people (potentially) the "best". There isn't a single player in the game that has an arena team that cannot possibly be beaten so there simply is no "best", you might claim that holding #1 for multiple days makes you the best but refreshing like a **** and sitting in a battle towards your payout so no one can challenge you, or colluding with your shard so that you all let each other sit in first for their payouts, doesn't make you any better than other players that can do the same thing if it were them up there
  • Options
    Im on a september 2015 leaderboard and its far from stale. Sadly.
  • Options
    i like this idea of changing it up. i used to like the arena until i got a PM a few mos back about people from the shard having a group chat so took at a look at their chat. lamest thing ever - people colluding 24/7 with payout times etc. completely defeats the purpose of the arena.

now i just blow crystals on purpose all day to drop people around payouts and i enjoy the arena again
  • Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »

Didn't you hear? Daddy's credit card ran out and I'm sitting here s#itposting from my mildly soiled cardboard box. Things are looking up though. I've replaced my dog with a cute little rat that let's me snuggle him.

Lol'd so hard xD
    This is a signature.
  • Options
    @Boxandthefuzz like the idea -ish.

What I think would be fun is making a secondary ladder or ladders, take everyone that ranks 1 80% of the time over a 4 week period. Place those players on the secondary ladder for one week to fight out for amazing cash and prizes.
    Players would not be taken away from the current arena, just a secondary OP arena would be added every 4 weeks.

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    My February 2002 shard is very stale. We never see count dooku's or Palpatines...they all died of old age.

My usual match everyday is my jka in a walker vs this dudes wheelchair bound rex.

Nihilus doesn't even annihilate anymore, now all he does is walk over and pulls someone life support plug.

Rarely see droids, and the ones we do have are rusted and have to be hooked up to wall sockets.

B2 doesn't even gain 100% tm anymore....barely 5%. And he shoots dust.

My Yoda has 2 prosthetic legs, so he never does his flips anymore. Just a slow walk. Hey the animation is at least faster now.

• The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    And how would that work? Who would be in the top 10 after that merge? Will we keep our original spots after the merge and then start from there? It might be more complicated than what you think...

Also, about the collusion, it would still happen... New merged shards players would find their new shard mates and start groups from there, all over again....
  • Options
    I personally have formed friendships with a couple of the people on my shard, and legitimate rivalries with others (people who I am constantly fighting throughout the day). I do not want the enjoyment I get from my shard ruined because you have it easy on your shard. You want a competitive shard go start a new account, but keep in mind that many others have rivalries and friendships and we don't want any part of this.
  • Options
    Grown men are talking in here.

This thread needs more whales and less f2v's.

Thanks in advance.

• Options
    WildGrunt wrote: »
    I can't believe you actually posted this!!!!!! What STALE are you talking about???? There's never a dull moment!
    I genuinely wish your server gets merged with another server that's composed of 100% players from your very timezone and have them all be super mega whales that start a shard chat without you and everyday you place 101st and wont be able to move up because the 100 players above you are locking each other 4 hours leading to payout time.

Sounds to me like you can't compete without collusion.

Boom!
  • Options
    top 10 from every shard over 5 months old onto on arena shard. Let the tears fly on that one
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Or get moved to another server and get thrown into the shark tank, fighting against established groups. Merging servers is a terrible idea. We need GvG

Goblins vs gnomes? Hmmmm I don't know man, I think that was the worst expansion that was released since it introduced so much Rng into the game.
  • Options
    let change refreshes from crystals to AP currency so we can really make that late push without the consequences of affecting our net crystal gains from our placement. This will enable a 24/7 meat grinding extravaganza that will always be interesting and entertaining. Let's see who's king of the hill.

you might have no life but some of us do i would uninstall the game ASAP if they did that crap. maybe you should go play star wars commander they have the no life tourneys you are looking for.
This discussion has been closed.