GK shards gap among guilds who can and cannot do heroic tank raids

Prev13
Im from a guild with members from a Southeast Asian nation. We have 30++ active members with 10 or so powerful/veteran players. Most of us are F2Ps. We make sure that the weaker members get to receive rewards as much as possible. For instance in our heroic rancor, we have a 24 hours 0 damage policy so everyone can register first then after 24 hours we overlap as much as possible to lengthen the raid.

For the tank raid, we cannot finish a heroic raid. The last time we tried a month or so ago, we wasted 90k and got stuck in P2 going P3. Currently, we can finish the normal tank raid with one reset with mostly the top players contributing to the damage. Maybe the top 3-5 of the players getting 5-10 million damages each.

Truly, our top players may be able to carry themselves in a heroic raid (Im really not sure), but if we leave, our members will suffer. Im sure this is a collective experience among the players especially for guilds who are welcoming of new and F2P/casuals.

With this, would it be reasonable to have GK shards reward for the normal tank raid as well? The cost to start a normal vs a heroic raid is pretty close at 80k vs 90k but the difficulty level is steep. Would there be an amount that can help the weaker guilds and new players slowly acquire GK? Maybe 30-50% of the shard reward in heroic? Im sure most of the uber P2P guilds already have 7* GKs and it's probably reasonable to allow average players to have a shot at having a GK for collection or improving our competitive standing. Thank you for your inputs!

Replies

• Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options
    I feel you are only missing coordination in your heroic tank raid. Otherwise, just have one of you zeta kylo and you'll do it easily.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Focus on Crit chance and Crit damage mods with at least 70 speed speed points on each toons.

3 players can clear the HAAT, don't tell me 30 can't.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    raids mess up guilds, that's for sure. However i do not feel it's reasonable to add GK to normal AAT raid rewards. Keep at it, you'll clear it eventually.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    @Tamonizer u just need a member who is kind enough to zeta kylo so your guild can do p1 easily and save the damage for other phases
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Focus on Crit chance and Crit damage mods with at least 70 speed speed points on each toons.

How exactly? Maybe we're missing something!!

(Again, we are mostly F2P even our strongest players.)
  • Options
    Azza wrote: »
    I feel you are only missing coordination in your heroic tank raid. Otherwise, just have one of you zeta kylo and you'll do it easily.

I consulted the forum a few weeks ago because I thought it was just "coordination" issues. But I got replies saying that the difficulty spike is really huge and that we need 50 members with 4 teams of G10-11 characters, which we clearly do not have. Maybe 5-10 members of our guild have 3-4 teams of G10-G11 characters? But definitely not more than 10. We're really taking care of a lot of new players and giving them advice on focusing, crystal management etc.
  • Options
    I get the frustration but I don't think it's appropriate to extend gk shards to normal now.

Many guilds were torn apart when the AAT raid first came out as stronger players left for HAAT capable guilds. It would be a slap in the face to them to change the rules now.
  • DaFunk
    72 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Surely there are some people in your guild with the understanding to work things out. When we were going for our first heroic run. We had a spreadsheet with advice to people what teams to run and which were best in each phase. Someone of the officers had gone through the whole roster and worked out how much we each should be able to do and once we started it was try and get 2% each phase.
    After each go this officer would put the total values into the spread sheet to work out how much that person did in each phase and whether they underperformed or not and helped said person perform better each time.
    You just need someone with the time and willingness to understand the raid before you go again and make sure that the 50 people are all communicating via the chat or a 3rd party app like line or discord.
    Coordination = win
    Lack of = fail
    Good luck
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Tamonizer wrote: »

How exactly? Maybe we're missing something!!

(Again, we are mostly F2P even our strongest players.)

Asked everyone to stop leveling toons if they have the teams. No Cantina shard farming anymore, no credit leveling of toons.

Farm 285 Cantina energy per day on Crit damage and Crit chance mods, and with the credit you save, buy any mod in the shipment with speed secondary. Once you hit 8.5M credits, spam the refesh button if shipments until you get at least one of those mods (bonus is irrelevant).

The 2% per guild mate strategy is pure ****.
    You need the 15% superteam strategy (outside P3 where 4% is admissible).

Everyone should soloely focus on maxing the toons they already have.

A good droid team does 2M in P2, Resistance 2.5M, FO as well, Zader And Zody are of the chart. TFP is your MVP for P4 where Teebo and OB are great leaders.

If your guild can't clear HAAT, it is not the fault of the weak players, but the strong ones who are not strong enough. We have a guild of FTP as well and we can clear it in 85 minutes because we had a clear policy of focusing on mods more than gear and toons. The advantage of this is your arena rank will improve dramatically as well.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Options
    While it's true the Heroic is more brutal than the normal one, I'm sure you're very close to the bar, and once you're over it even by a very small margin, it's a piece of cake.

Moreover, the teams that are good for the raid are also what typically is found in Arena (past and present). For instance:
    1. P1 = Jedi (Anakin, Ahsoka, QGJ + 2) should do 100-200k damage,
    2. P2 = Droids or VaderZ for 600k - 1M+ damage
    3. P3 = Tie Pilot or Emperor with Teebo, Chirpa, Dathcha or Old Ben lead and any tanks for 600k-1M damage
    4. P4 = Wedge + 3 rebels (Han Solo, Leia, Lando,...) for 600k+ damage

Depending on their strength / mods, you'll need between 10 and 20 such teams per phase. P3 is usually considered the long and tedious one, and minor / secondary teams are usually not doing much, if any, damage because they first have to sustain a barrage of 6-7 droids shots.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    Merge and ditch the weak players, or you'll never do hAAT.
  • Options
    I don't get it.

Kenobi shards are the reward for being able to do the highest tier of the raid. It's something you're supposed to aspire to. It's supposed to be a goal that you're striving for.

But rather than make the changes that you need to make to make YOUR guild better, you want them to just hand out Kenobi shards to every schlub that walks into a normal raid.

I will never understand this sense of "even though I can't complete it at its hardest, I still feel I deserve the rewards of everyone that can."

This thread is an insult to all of us who worked on our rosters, our coordination, and made the changes in our guilds to be able to do H-AAT, and the Rancor before that.

In short, no. You don't deserve Kenobi shards if you can only complete normal.
  • Options
    I don't get it.

Kenobi shards are the reward for being able to do the highest tier of the raid. It's something you're supposed to aspire to. It's supposed to be a goal that you're striving for.

But rather than make the changes that you need to make to make YOUR guild better, you want them to just hand out Kenobi shards to every schlub that walks into a normal raid.

I will never understand this sense of "even though I can't complete it at its hardest, I still feel I deserve the rewards of everyone that can."

This thread is an insult to all of us who worked on our rosters, our coordination, and made the changes in our guilds to be able to do H-AAT, and the Rancor before that.

In short, no. You don't deserve Kenobi shards if you can only complete normal.

+1
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    raids mess up guilds, that's for sure. However i do not feel it's reasonable to add GK to normal AAT raid rewards. Keep at it, you'll clear it eventually.

@leef is right OP.

The HAAT ruined so many guilds because top players left their guilds to join stronger guilds. What happened is that guilds that were semi-strong became weaker. This happened to me as well. I was in the same guild from day one. We lost at least 20 strong well rostered players and the guild I was in could only do the normal AAT raid. I decided to stay loyal and wait as other players caught up. Once we did the HAAT raid it was obvious my guild still needed another 3 months of farming to get better before we could attempt to even try HAAT again.

So I had to make a choice...wait another 3 months for my guild to get better then 3 months of farming HAAT to get GK that would basically take 6 months or leave the guild I was in from day one and join a new, stronger guild that was already beating HAAT with ease.

I decided to leave. Now I will have GK unlocked and ready to gear by the end of April thanks to this great guild I'm in.

I understand your your aggravation with Kenobi shards but I do not agree his shards should be added to the normal AAT raid. It's the same with raid Han Solo. Heroic raids reward shards for characters because they are harder for a reason.

OP you will have to make those same choices..stay loyal to your guild and wait for everyone to get better or find a stronger guild and start farming Kenobi shards now.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I'm about as elitist as it gets when it comes to playing video games, but I don't see shard drops on normal as a huge issue. Obviously it would be only 1 shard per kill, and if your guild cannot manage Heroic, chances are you'll be doing at least 3-4 days per raid. Or about 600 days to unlock him. That sounds quite fair to me.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Im from a guild with members from a Southeast Asian nation. We have 30++ active members with 10 or so powerful/veteran players. Most of us are F2Ps.

[...]

Would there be an amount that can help the weaker guilds and new players slowly acquire GK? Maybe 30-50% of the shard reward in heroic? Im sure most of the uber P2P guilds already have 7* GKs and it's probably reasonable to allow average players to have a shot at having a GK for collection or improving our competitive standing. Thank you for your inputs!

Another solution could be to start recruiting to fill up your guild. The raid is designed for 50 players with above average rosters — not just 30 players of mixed strength. Make sure that your new recruits have a certain level of rosters and activity and you're golden. At the same time help your weaker members to better understand which teams to farm and what tactics to use during the raid. And donate gear to them — also the rare purple gear.

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've been playing since the beginning and I am f2p. There are a few members in my guild (I am guild leader) that are almost on par with where I am at.

But I hear you OP.

We are just starting to tackle heroic pit - never mind heroic AAT.

If the top members in my guild left for another guild they could get the rewards, but they are loyal. Also what would it mean if I, as guild leader, left my own guild? - is there even a way around that issue yet?

Yet at the same time, I am facing highly competitive teams in arena and GW - with no hope in sight of unlocking GK - maybe in 5 years if my guild is lucky.

Why not make GK available in normal AAT? Like the OP says the cost difference for each raid isn't that far apart.

Why not have GK shards in regular AAT raid, but have fewer available - it would still be considered much quicker to complete heroic AAT to acquire GK, but also makes it possible for lower level guilds to stay somewhat competitive.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    . Maybe 5-10 members of our guild have 3-4 teams of G10-G11 characters? But definitely not more than 10. We're really taking care of a lot of new players and giving them advice on focusing, crystal management etc.

It looks like you have a great community in your guild. Keep up the good work and you will get there eventually.

• Options
    I am one of those loyal dummies in the same guild from day one and still not doing HAAT. This game is fun and I like my guild. I originally had three accounts and have been in 5 guilds total. 3 were crap. 2 were good. The last account I closed was with a good guild that is probably doing HAAT now. It was a tough choice, but I like helping the newer players. I have donated 1300+ gear pieces. I am stronger that some in HAAT, but not where I can carry my guild yet.

I am fine with not getting GK shards and slower game progression. I am having fun, and its my choice. I think it goes against the raid design to give GK shards to normal tank. This game is rightfully about $$, and I don't think I am going out on a limb to say most of the money is fine with the current raid rewards setup. Of course, I would gladly accept a smaller amount of GK shards for normal. I just don't expect it to happen.

I absolutely have no problem with those that left their guilds for bigger and better things. I do think its funny that the traitors bristle at the thought that the guild they left would start getting GK shards.
  • Options
    We will continue to be punished for staying with our "weak" guilds.
    Reward the ones who jumped ship to join whale guilds. It's just business really. Make sure all the ones with cash are taken care of. The rest are just, the rest.
  • Stalbot
    131 posts Member
    Options
    The guild I am in was in the same position about two months ago. What we did was be hyper focused on getting ready. We recruited only people that were ready for are almost ready for the Haat raid . We also used some guides .
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/79590/the-underpowered-guilds-guide-to-clearing-heroic-aat-the-super-team-strategy/p1
    We had 2 people get zylo
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

@leef is right OP.

The HAAT ruined so many guilds because top players left their guilds to join stronger guilds. What happened is that guilds that were semi-strong became weaker. This happened to me as well. I was in the same guild from day one. We lost at least 20 strong well rostered players and the guild I was in could only do the normal AAT raid. I decided to stay loyal and wait as other players caught up. Once we did the HAAT raid it was obvious my guild still needed another 3 months of farming to get better before we could attempt to even try HAAT again.

So I had to make a choice...wait another 3 months for my guild to get better then 3 months of farming HAAT to get GK that would basically take 6 months or leave the guild I was in from day one and join a new, stronger guild that was already beating HAAT with ease.

I decided to leave. Now I will have GK unlocked and ready to gear by the end of April thanks to this great guild I'm in.

I understand your your aggravation with Kenobi shards but I do not agree his shards should be added to the normal AAT raid. It's the same with raid Han Solo. Heroic raids reward shards for characters because they are harder for a reason.

OP you will have to make those same choices..stay loyal to your guild and wait for everyone to get better or find a stronger guild and start farming Kenobi shards now.

• Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »

@leef is right OP.

edit
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    Azza wrote: »

THIS. Zeta Kylo is the way. If your guild has a couple of those and as long as they have Chirpatine or Palpy/TFP teams for phase 3, then the HAAT should be doable by a lot of guilds.
  • Options
    There is no way they are ever gonna give gk shards for non heroic. They don't give han shards for non heroic rancor do they? But let's say for arguments sake they do start giving them. How many should they give? Let's say they give you 2 shards. You're looking at over a YEAR just to unlock him. Far easier just to gear up your teams and do heroic.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    I will say this: guilds should definitely be doing what they need to do to beat the HAAT because at 6 Kenobi shards a raid, you are talking 55 raids to 7 star Kenobi! That's 4 and a half months!

By that time, the new raid will surely be out. I think all it takes is good planning and coordination by the guild, in terms of what teams each guild member should focus on to make sure the guild can clear all 4 phases.

With zKylo now basically being able to clear phase 1 by himself, you are now looking at 49 guild members putting teams together to clear 3 phases. Definitely should be doable in a pretty quick time, if resources are spent wisely.
  • Hut
    39 posts Member
    Options
    My guild is in the same boat. Whenever I get frustrated about not getting GK shards, I simply look at my Han Solo which I 7* almost a year after Pit raid was launch. He is now well out of meta and mostly useless. I figure by the time I unlock and 7* GK, he'll probably suffer the same fate.

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Hut wrote: »
    My guild is in the same boat. Whenever I get frustrated about not getting GK shards, I simply look at my Han Solo which I 7* almost a year after Pit raid was launch. He is now well out of meta and mostly useless. I figure by the time I unlock and 7* GK, he'll probably suffer the same fate.

Yup - but what does that say for other toons like Coruscant Police and Ugnaught - they will eventually need to get huge buffs - otherwise what is the point in even having them waste space in this game?

More and more toons released are becoming more and more OP - leaving the original toons gathering dust and wasting space.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    We will continue to be punished for staying with our "weak" guilds.
    Reward the ones who jumped ship to join whale guilds. It's just business really. Make sure all the ones with cash are taken care of. The rest are just, the rest.

Here a cookie.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Hut wrote: »

Yup - but what does that say for other toons like Coruscant Police and Ugnaught - they will eventually need to get huge buffs - otherwise what is the point in even having them waste space in this game?

More and more toons released are becoming more and more OP - leaving the original toons gathering dust and wasting space.

The point is for them to be weak. Nice things are only nice if there are crappy things around to compare them to.