GK shards gap among guilds who can and cannot do heroic tank raids

Replies

• KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    Hut wrote: »
    My guild is in the same boat. Whenever I get frustrated about not getting GK shards, I simply look at my Han Solo which I 7* almost a year after Pit raid was launch. He is now well out of meta and mostly useless. I figure by the time I unlock and 7* GK, he'll probably suffer the same fate.

That could be the case. And the real bummer of it all is that, right now, General Kenobi is a great toon. It'd be a shame if you finally got him at a point when he is still a good toon, but is passed up by a lot of others. With the power creep of this game, that could certainly happen. Look at toons like Rey and Lando.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    My guild is in the same boat. Whenever I get frustrated about not getting GK shards, I simply look at my Han Solo which I 7* almost a year after Pit raid was launch. He is now well out of meta and mostly useless. I figure by the time I unlock and 7* GK, he'll probably suffer the same fate.

Yup - but what does that say for other toons like Coruscant Police and Ugnaught - they will eventually need to get huge buffs - otherwise what is the point in even having them waste space in this game?

More and more toons released are becoming more and more OP - leaving the original toons gathering dust and wasting space.

The point is for them to be weak. Nice things are only nice if there are **** things around to compare them to.

True - but even a noob to the game will be focussed on farming toons like Rebels, droids and even sith - its not hard to farm those sorts of toons/teams now compared to when the game first launched.

So who the hec is going to be farming toons like coruscant police or Lobot - no one. So why would they continue to be in the game??? Absolutely no point at all.

The dev team can't simply remove them from the game, as some people have farmed and geared them.

Now they just collect dust in the rosters of whales and noob players alike - they are a waste of space, nothing more.

Sith Teams are better than the old droid team, that's a comparison, but droids are still usable.
  • Options
    We have been doing the tank raid since day 1 and have yet to come remotely close in Heroic. The best I think we have done is about halfway thru phase 2. We generally clear Heroic Rancor in 2 hours or less and Normal Tank in about 16 hours with phase 1 being 12+ of those 16 hours.

The biggest issues we have with Heroic Tank is full guild participation and not having enough members that can field 4 full teams, 1 per phase. Much less having enough people that can field 4 teams geared at G10/G11 or the best teams per phase.
  • Options
    There are parts of this game that reward nothing which make it very frustrating at times. e.g. Normal AAT should give GK shards, even if it is 1 shard compared to the 6 you get from HAAT. Then at least you are getting somewhere.

Similarly for zeta challenges, you should be able to get a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 4 instead of being able to get 0 zetas for an entire month from challenges.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    We have been doing the tank raid since day 1 and have yet to come remotely close in Heroic. The best I think we have done is about halfway thru phase 2. We generally clear Heroic Rancor in 2 hours or less and Normal Tank in about 16 hours with phase 1 being 12+ of those 16 hours.

The biggest issues we have with Heroic Tank is full guild participation and not having enough members that can field 4 full teams, 1 per phase. Much less having enough people that can field 4 teams geared at G10/G11 or the best teams per phase.

My advice is to find a guild with similar participation issues and merge and put the stronger players in one guild and the less participating ones in another guild. That way, the stronger players can progress to the HAAT quicker while the other players can advance at their own pace.

My guild did that and half of us were able to unlock Kenobi and then we went back to the rest of our old guild, who worked on their HAAT teams in the interim, and we were able to beat the HAAT with our old group our first try and now we have the HAAT on farm.
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »

My advice is to find a guild with similar participation issues and merge and put the stronger players in one guild and the less participating ones in another guild. That way, the stronger players can progress to the HAAT quicker while the other players can advance at their own pace.

My guild did that and half of us were able to unlock Kenobi and then we went back to the rest of our old guild, who worked on their HAAT teams in the interim, and we were able to beat the HAAT with our old group our first try and now we have the HAAT on farm.

It has been discussed but the GL seems to be against merging. We actually lost some of our best players to other guilds due to lack of Heroic Tank progress. We used to have 4 people that could do 10-12m in the Normal Tank raid, now we only have 1 left....me :neutral:
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    There r ways for a few stronger players to carry a guild thru H AAT. zVader/droids can easily pull 10% on p2. 10 teams clear it. Princess Zody can pull 50% on p4. 2 teams to clear it. Zylo can solo p1. 1 team to clear it.

So, if u r in a guild w/ a few strong players and have no issue carrying weaker ones, it's entirely possible.
  • Options
    There are parts of this game that reward nothing which make it very frustrating at times. e.g. Normal AAT should give GK shards, even if it is 1 shard compared to the 6 you get from HAAT. Then at least you are getting somewhere.

Similarly for zeta challenges, you should be able to get a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 4 instead of being able to get 0 zetas for an entire month from challenges.

No. Normal AAT should NOT give out any Kenobi shards. At All. Ever. We had to build our rosters to be able to complete heroic Rancor, this is the same thing.

Just because you can't have it NOW doesn't mean it should be given to you on a silver platter. Even if it's "one shard".

I do agree with you on the Zeta front though.
  • Options
    I don't necessarily feel that Normal Tank should give GK shards, but what I do feel is unfair is when they up the level cap to 90 they will increase the difficulty of the tank raid as well on Normal & Heroic. This means those of us that stayed in weaker guilds because we liked the people there will still not be able clear Heroic Tank at level 90. How do I know this? Because with every level cap increase they have increased the difficulty of Heroic Rancor to keep up with the new level caps.

I haven't played many mobile games with raids, but I was a long time MMORPG player of multiple games and when level caps increased old raids were never buffed to match the new level cap. I think when the level cap is increased to 90 and a new raid has been released with newest best gear and the new flavor of month exclusive character shards that should be the opportunity for guilds that couldn't clear Herioc Tank at 85 to be able easily clear it at 90 and finally begin farmin GK shards instead of buffing Heroic Tank to match the new level cap.
  • Options
    pre-Zylo, we would use 20 Jedi teams to clear p1. Those same Jedi teams, depending on mods, can do 200-500k in p2 or p3. We now share p1 between 6 zylos but you only need 1 zylo g10/11 to solo p1. That frees up a lot of resources for later phases.

Loyalty means a lot, so kudos for keeping the guild together. Rather than losing good players, which you may, seek out a merger and conquer together. We were in the same boat but then we merged and unmerged and then spawned another, and so are now a group of 3 heroic only guilds.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91311/guild-unmerge-and-heroic-tank-mid-february#latest

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/94110/zeta-kylo-ren-phase-1-haat-solo-run-explained#latest
    Guild: OuterRimJob
    Ally code: 339-952-973
  • Options

Yup - but what does that say for other toons like Coruscant Police and Ugnaught - they will eventually need to get huge buffs - otherwise what is the point in even having them waste space in this game?

More and more toons released are becoming more and more OP - leaving the original toons gathering dust and wasting space.

The point is for them to be weak. Nice things are only nice if there are **** things around to compare them to.

True - but even a noob to the game will be focussed on farming toons like Rebels, droids and even sith - its not hard to farm those sorts of toons/teams now compared to when the game first launched.

So who the hec is going to be farming toons like coruscant police or Lobot - no one. So why would they continue to be in the game??? Absolutely no point at all.

The dev team can't simply remove them from the game, as some people have farmed and geared them.

Now they just collect dust in the rosters of whales and noob players alike - they are a waste of space, nothing more.

Sith Teams are better than the old droid team, that's a comparison, but droids are still usable.

I don't think Lobot belongs in the same group as CUP, Mob Enforcer, and Jed Guardian. He and Ugnaught have their uses, however limited.

The other 3 I mentioned don't have any unique utility for any faction. They're just crap.

Side Note: I think Lobot will be what revives the droids in arena... when they zeta his leader ability.

• Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    Tamonizer wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Focus on Crit chance and Crit damage mods with at least 70 speed speed points on each toons.

3 players can clear the HAAT, don't tell me 30 can't.
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Focus on Crit chance and Crit damage mods with at least 70 speed speed points on each toons.

3 players can clear the HAAT, don't tell me 30 can't.

How exactly? Maybe we're missing something!!

(Again, we are mostly F2P even our strongest players.)

Some people have said similar but just to repeat..

Things you can do:

1. Have at least one person Max and Zeta kylo ren. He can solo P1 but it does take an 1-2 hours. There are videos on it but basically you retreat before enrage.
    2.Evaluate your readiness and then create a plan. Here is a decent place to start: https://swgohindepth.com/heroic-aat-prep-guide/

The advice of all guild members get 4 g10 teams is ok advice, that is pretty much the bare minimum for everyone. You can gain a lot of efficiency with maxed out teams, rather then bare minimum g10 teams. While a g10 team can get get 2%, the same team maxed can get 8+%. You can probably max 1 team before you can g10 4.

Knowing that... instead of getting everyone to build 4 teams... have everyone build 1 awesome team for 1 phase. You then assign people with the right max team to a phase... let them go at it. When they are done, have everyone else throw any other team they can at it until the phase is done, then repeat for the next phase.

• Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    Options
    Tamonizer wrote: »
    Im from a guild with members from a Southeast Asian nation. We have 30++ active members with 10 or so powerful/veteran players. Most of us are F2Ps. We make sure that the weaker members get to receive rewards as much as possible. For instance in our heroic rancor, we have a 24 hours 0 damage policy so everyone can register first then after 24 hours we overlap as much as possible to lengthen the raid.

For the tank raid, we cannot finish a heroic raid. The last time we tried a month or so ago, we wasted 90k and got stuck in P2 going P3. Currently, we can finish the normal tank raid with one reset with mostly the top players contributing to the damage. Maybe the top 3-5 of the players getting 5-10 million damages each.

Truly, our top players may be able to carry themselves in a heroic raid (Im really not sure), but if we leave, our members will suffer. Im sure this is a collective experience among the players especially for guilds who are welcoming of new and F2P/casuals.

With this, would it be reasonable to have GK shards reward for the normal tank raid as well? The cost to start a normal vs a heroic raid is pretty close at 80k vs 90k but the difficulty level is steep. Would there be an amount that can help the weaker guilds and new players slowly acquire GK? Maybe 30-50% of the shard reward in heroic? Im sure most of the uber P2P guilds already have 7* GKs and it's probably reasonable to allow average players to have a shot at having a GK for collection or improving our competitive standing. Thank you for your inputs!

We're in a similar situation. We have more members but fewer heavy hitters. Some of us could easily move to a "better" guild and do the heroic ATT but we don't want to dismantle our guild because it's fun, lively and laidback. Sadly that means that from time to time we lose a player that lets his ambition he the better of him. We lost one when we couldn't do the heroic rancor and another one a few weeks ago (the first one came back a while ago).

That said, I don't think they should award shards for the normal AAT. It's hard on us but it'll push us foward. And as good as GK is he's not indispensable to reach the top of the arena. It seems that your close to finishing the heroic aat anyway, try getting someone to zeta kylo and you're done.
  • Options
    I don't necessarily feel that Normal Tank should give GK shards, but what I do feel is unfair is when they up the level cap to 90 they will increase the difficulty of the tank raid as well on Normal & Heroic. This means those of us that stayed in weaker guilds because we liked the people there will still not be able clear Heroic Tank at level 90. How do I know this? Because with every level cap increase they have increased the difficulty of Heroic Rancor to keep up with the new level caps.

They haven't.
  • Options

I don't think Lobot belongs in the same group as CUP, Mob Enforcer, and Jed Guardian. He and Ugnaught have their uses, however limited.

The other 3 I mentioned don't have any unique utility for any faction. They're just ****.

Side Note: I think Lobot will be what revives the droids in arena... when they zeta his leader ability.

JKG has a unique utility for Jedis -- AOE ability block.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

No. Normal AAT should NOT give out any Kenobi shards. At All. Ever. We had to build our rosters to be able to complete heroic Rancor, this is the same thing.

Just because you can't have it NOW doesn't mean it should be given to you on a silver platter. Even if it's "one shard".

But when the rest of the game is created in such a way that GK or other toons are required to progress - the whole game becomes stale.

When some guilds are finally able to get GK he will be obsolete compared to what will be available - where does that then leave loyal players who have been shafted because gear and GK shards needed from AAT raids are too difficult to obtain?

Some of those players are f2p, but have been invested in this game from the beginning and are probably restricted due to guild dynamics as well.

Loyal players to this game will get the shaft and be left so far behind in the dust - what is the point in continuing?

Not to mention - new players to the game, they'll take one look at this nightmare and say F***K this and leave.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

But when the rest of the game is created in such a way that GK or other toons are required to progress - the whole game becomes stale.

When some guilds are finally able to get GK he will be obsolete compared to what will be available - where does that then leave loyal players who have been shafted because gear and GK shards needed from AAT raids are too difficult to obtain?

Some of those players are f2p, but have been invested in this game from the beginning and are probably restricted due to guild dynamics as well.

Loyal players to this game will get the shaft and be left so far behind in the dust - what is the point in continuing?

Not to mention - new players to the game, they'll take one look at this nightmare and say F***K this and leave.

whut?
    You seem to think you're getting shafted, but i fail to understand why and/or how.
    there is enough content for beginners and f2p players out there to enjoy. It's not like the game sucks if you don't have general kenobi. I sure as heck wasn't discouraged from playing the game when i saw i would probably never get general grievous.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

whut?
    You seem to think you're getting shafted, but i fail to understand why and/or how.
    there is enough content for beginners and f2p players out there to enjoy. It's not like the game sucks if you don't have general kenobi. I sure as heck wasn't discouraged from playing the game when i saw i would probably never get general grievous.

Neither was I - but GG turned out to be poo didn't he?

What I am saying is I have been a loyal player since this game started and was able to enjoy all aspects of this game - now I cannot because this game has become stagnant w/o GK who certainly helps in regard to LS battles to continue necessary farming.

I say shafted because I feel this is a poor way for CG to treat players like me who started playing this game and stuck with it from the beginning helping it grow in popularity only to get the "shaft" as the game is focussed on satisfying and appeasing p2p.

Do you see what I am saying now?
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options

Thinking that any one character is required to progress in this game is ridiculous.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Right, so release a new toon or other toons like Chaze more accessible to f2p.

I am stuck in LS battles I and Cantina I am not at a point where I can farm Baze properly yet - except save and use crystals from the store.
  • Options

What I am saying is I have been a loyal player since this game started and was able to enjoy all aspects of this game - now I cannot because this game has become stagnant w/o GK who certainly helps in regard to LS battles to continue necessary farming.

I say shafted because I feel this is a poor way for CG to treat players like me who started playing this game and stuck with it from the beginning helping it grow in popularity only to get the "shaft" as the game is focussed on satisfying and appeasing p2p.

I haven't spent a dime on this game. I haven't even being playing since launch -- I started about 1 year ago. I don't have Kenobi (yet -- unlocking him next week). On LS, I'm missing 7 stars, and only because I haven't bothered to go back and 3* those nodes. 9-b and 9-c I've 3*d. Did both without having, or borrowing, GK.

There is absolutely no portion of this game that you can't play, and can't excel at, without Kenobi. And if you're in a guild that cannot complete HAAT, and you can't enjoy this game without Kenobi, then your solution is to join a guild that can complete HAAT. Personally, I preferred sticking with my guild and helping us get over the HAAT hump, but my enjoyment from playing this game isn't tied to a single character.
  • Options

The other 3 I mentioned don't have any unique utility for any faction. They're just ****.

Funny, I thought Old Ben had that too, which would make it NOT unique...

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    maybe i just don't want to understand because i disagree, haha.
    I don't have kenobi yet and i've 3starred all the available nodes (also didn't use a GK as ally). Content has to be aimed at "p2p", they're the ones buying it. I'm glad most of the new content is aimed at "p2p" and veteran players, those are the players with nothing left to do and able to just auto everything without any challenge (except for arena). Imagine a new raid that has the same difficulty as the rancor, that would suck big time for alot of guilds/players.

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Im not just moaning about not getting GK (of course that would be nice) but the well needed gear, speed mods, zeta as well as new meta/OP toons like Chaze or GK puts a huge gap between p2p and f2p and also allows p2p to complete HAAT more easily acquiring well needed gear and GK shards, which put them to the top more quickly where they become bored.

Then CG has to raise the bar to keep them happy - while f2p are getting left further and further behind - the gap is starting to get huge.

Its completely logical to see what I am saying - either people in this thread do not understand or are simply p2p whales who don't see the problem.

Like I have said, I am f2p but have been loyal to this game from the beginning. Of course p2p players are always going to have the upper hand and they always have from the beginning in this game - but now, its just a tad crazy. I feel like CG is steam rolling over the f2p community (who helped build this game, get the word out and this game got popular) in order to cater to the p2p whales and their pocket books.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options

I am stuck in LS battles I and Cantina I am not at a point where I can farm Baze properly yet - except save and use crystals from the store.

Thinking that any one character is required to progress in this game is ridiculous.
  • Options

My bad. He's behind a permanent memory block because he was so annoying in arena and I've never actually unlocked him!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

I haven't spent a dime on this game. I haven't even being playing since launch -- I started about 1 year ago. I don't have Kenobi (yet -- unlocking him next week). On LS, I'm missing 7 stars, and only because I haven't bothered to go back and 3* those nodes. 9-b and 9-c I've 3*d. Did both without having, or borrowing, GK.

There is absolutely no portion of this game that you can't play, and can't excel at, without Kenobi. And if you're in a guild that cannot complete HAAT, and you can't enjoy this game without Kenobi, then your solution is to join a guild that can complete HAAT. Personally, I preferred sticking with my guild and helping us get over the HAAT hump, but my enjoyment from playing this game isn't tied to a single character.

Only been playing a year and haven't spent a dime and can cake walk HAAT and current LS/DS battles - sorry but I find that extremely difficult to swallow.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Only been playing a year and haven't spent a dime and can cake walk HAAT and current LS/DS battles - sorry but I find that extremely difficult to swallow.

why?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

I miss-spoke I am talking GK because he is the topic of this thread - it would also be nice to get access to Chaze etc too. Catch 22 situation if he is farmable on nodes you cant beat yet, lol

I occasionally use saved crystals to get Baze shards from store - but Chirrut - forget it, right now.
  • Options

My bad. He's behind a permanent memory block because he was so annoying in arena and I've never actually unlocked him!

Right on. For a second I thought you were trolling me. lol