Event Idea: Juhani

2Next

Replies

• Options
    It's just that this is an historic character (one I didn't know about).

If you did know about her, the mere thought of adding her to another Star Wars IP would make you sick. She is quite possibly the most annoying character in the entire Star Wars extended universe. Jar Jar is comical, lighthearted, fun, action-packed, and a wonderful supporting character that really fills out the Star Wars universe by comparison.

On a side note: I never realized there was a romance quest between female Revan and Juhani available. I tried to avoid talking to her if I included her in my crew. It was fun pushing her to embrace the dark side to kill the slaver in her side quest. On the star forge planet, if you embraced your dark side, you could be rid of her then by killing her and Jolee. My favorite way to deal with Juhani was to strike her down the first time you meet her and properly cleanse the "taint" from the grove - she never joins your crew and no more dialogue with cat woman. The best part of cleansing her taint from the grove by death was the side quest where her friend turns to the dark side and you kill her too on Korriban - knowing Juhani's sexual orientation puts this "friendship" in a new light though. Now I get the strong emotions her friend felt for Juhani. Very un-Jedi if you ask me.

• JynErso42
    197 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I'm for what's natural and only what's natural. No prejudices here.

Well, last I checked the science does seem to be leaning in the general direction that homosexuality is 100% natural, certainly more than automobiles.
  • Options

If you did know about her, the mere thought of adding her to another Star Wars IP would make you sick. She is quite possibly the most annoying character in the entire Star Wars extended universe. Jar Jar is comical, lighthearted, fun, action-packed, and a wonderful supporting character that really fills out the Star Wars universe by comparison.

I'm going to have to disagree. I thought so too when I was a kid, but after playing the game again I started to find she was a fairly deep and complex character. She's also extremely valuable in combat, especially towards the game's end.
  • Options
    Jyn, i regret being outrageously hostile to you. Ive reached an inner calm that comes from finally realizing that you cannot convince people to change what they think or believe.
    debate is not the answer
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    We have many more important and canon characters to add first. And even if we do add legends we can add major players like Revan, Kryat, Bane, etc
  • Options
    @T4ct1c4l_J0k3r
    However, when certain unnatural things come out into open view that is where the line gets drawn.

Exactly. You can have a car in your garage all you want, but don't you dare drive that human-contrived artificial transport device out in public where I can see it.

I'm for what's natural and only what's natural. No prejudices here.

You don't want to go there with me. That becomes a really dark place that you definitely do not want to enter. In nature abominations, abnormalities, the diseased, and the weak are destroyed by the parents, the siblings, and the pack. This is before any other natural predation is involved in the conflict of life. Mankind has fought this extensively and for his insolence, will suffer greatly. Your comment shows you have no clue nor interest in nature nor the natural way of being. You really should get a real education before you try to make a pointless comment or try to entertain such things given your disposition, and I'm not talking about the one you get a liberal arts degree for. The law of the jungle prevails always, regardless of society, ethics, and/or the rule of law. There is a price to be paid, the debt owed is well overdue, and settlement is soon coming.
    The automobile comment shows your detachment with reality and/or the ignorance you possess concerning such matters. The automobile is nothing less than another tool that serves a function, no different than a rock thrown to hunt with, a stick used as a plow, or even a computer. The difference being is the complexity of such.

@ nicwester It's quite entertaining reading your comment about living in a cave and eating raw meat, and you may be more right than you think as that may soon be more of a reality in the near future than you may care or wish to acknowledge. By all out war or complete and total societal collapse (we teeter on the verge of both), the resulting solution remains the same. 60+ feet of sea level rise is not completely out of the question with the current global warming epidemic the world now faces. Cannibalism on the other hand, though stigmatized today, was once a pandemic phenomena and is likely right around the corner from where we are now, giving proper consideration to the mass of external environmental factors that govern such of course. History always repeats itself, and the old ways will be once more. Chew on that a bit if you dare.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Sure thing, Hobbes. Now go read Locke or Rousseau.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    A major theme in Star Wars, like most fantasy, is the value in diversity: Different peoples come together--bringing their own and different skills, talents and perspectives--to accomplish good in the face of evil.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Options
    @Push2Stops:

So true, and a good and timely observation. Just look at SWGoH itself: The best teams aren't all supports or all tanks or all attackers. The game is designed to give you the most success when you have a diversity of characters.

This is similar to diversity-valuing games like Dungeons & Dragons or Pathfinder but in direct contrast to real life: In real life, you don't find 4 or 5 people with entirely different skill sets questing together to fight the hard fight. You have entire platoons of troops that are trained similarly with minimal variation in armaments. In the US Army you might have one or two squad gunners, but the rest of the platoon is armed almost exclusively with M-16s or AR-14s. It's not a magic staff for one, a light saber for another, a blaster for a third, a stone hatchet for a fourth, etc. Renaissance warfare was dominated by Calvary, pikers, archers, and musketeers. But you didn't send them out in squads of 5 with one of each + one officer to tell them what to do and call in a Red Squadron Strike when things got dangerous. Pikers fought in great, huge rectangular units of absolute conformity: every person pointing a pike in exactly the same direction, spaced the same way from neighbor to neighbor.

No, the entire point of heroic games is to do things differently from how they would be done in the real world. The entire point is to allow every person to imagine herself a hero. The entire point is the strength of diversity.

Though that doesn't guarantee people with limited comprehension won't miss the point.
  • Options
    @NicWester:

Perfect response. Love it.
  • Options
    @Push2Stops:

In the US Army you might have one or two squad gunners, but the rest of the platoon is armed almost exclusively with M-16s or AR-14s. It's not a magic staff for one, a light saber for another, a blaster for a third, a stone hatchet for a fourth, etc. Renaissance warfare was dominated by Calvary, pikers, archers, and musketeers. But you didn't send them out in squads of 5 with one of each + one officer to tell them what to do and call in a Red Squadron Strike when things got dangerous. Pikers fought in great, huge rectangular units of absolute conformity: every person pointing a pike in exactly the same direction, spaced the same way from neighbor to neighbor.

True, but to be fair, even if a real-life military unit tends to feature people with the same skills; especially now that many of the discriminatory restrictions which once influenced military recruiting have since been lifted in favor of selecting people on their actual capabilities. So even if an average unit has more or less the same gear there may still be diversity in race, gender, sexual orientation (especially now with the end of Don't Ask, Don't Tell), and personal background- not to mention that having the same skills doesn't mean identical personalities.
    Push2Stops wrote: »
    A major theme in Star Wars, like most fantasy, is the value in diversity: Different peoples come together--bringing their own and different skills, talents and perspectives--to accomplish good in the face of evil.

I didn't even think of that, but it makes sense. That general theme has been there from the beginning, although the franchise has admittedly been much better at showing it since George Lucas left.

In the original trilogy, the Empire is depicted as being composed more or less exclusively of white men, likely because they were heavily inspired by **** Germany. This is contrasted with the mixed-race and mixed-gender cast that makes up our Rebel heroes, as well as the appearances of aliens taking up combat roles in the alliance.

Now this model hasn't been universally adopted. Both the old and new expanded universe timelines introduced women and even aliens, such as Grand Admiral Thrawn, who serve in the Empire. Yet a lot of the time these still tend to be the minority. Thrawn and Seventh Sister are so far the only non-human characters shown serving in the Empire. It also still seems to be predominantly male, although perhaps not as overtly discriminatory as the old timeline.

This pattern also re-emerges in Rogue One, where a mixed-race, mixed-gender, mixed-species team is working against the Empire- which once again is shown to be made up primarily of white men.

In the case of Rebels, we see slightly more diversity in the Empire, in so far as they do seem to be more open to recruiting women and aliens with useful skills than in the old timeline. Even so, the Imperial cast tends to be largely white, male, and human; characters like Pryce and Thrawn being exceptions. That same show also shows the Empire being happy to discriminate against other races and enslave them if it suits their purposes. This is of course contrasted with the Rebels, which are made up of different races, species, and genders.

One could argue that this dynamic is slightly complicated by the First Order in The Force Awakens, which doesn't appear to discriminate by race and gender. But it does still appear to be pro-human and presents a society based on suppressing the individual through a conformist environment- which is contrasted by the resistance.

The logical next step would be to look at adding diversity through characters of different sexual orientations.

In short, now that you mention it, an LGBT event in a Star Wars game would actually be very fitting to the spirit of Star Wars itself, given that nearly every major conflict that has occurred has the heroes standing for diversity against an oppressive and discriminatory threat.
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    This is very similar to the child who has never been told "no" in fact its a classic behaviour experiment. The undiciplined youth does not ever become satisfied but just keeps pushing/seeking the limits of accepted behaviour, i have already seen calls for acceptance or normalization of pedôbear like behaviour now that this hurdle is out of the way.
    Have you ever paused to consider the "oppressive and discriminatory threat" might just be setting up the conditions where it can finally take over and install a dictatoship? Indeed, the people may even demand it, giving up freedom in exchange for law and order and some semblance of normalcy
    Post edited by Osirisreborn on
  • Options
    And I'm just going to ignore @Osirisreborn's obvious efforts to get me angry by pretending there isn't an issue at hand and making up conspiracies.

What I can say is thank @Push2Stops for a new hashtag: #JuhaniNextJune
  • Options
    Diversity has nothing to do with pushing sexual content in some video game, its just a magic code phrase people use to get their way these days, lets people feel edgy and part of la revolucion
    Pretty sure your already angry, at least subconsiously, revenge and punishment are at the heart of all these social crusades. Its not an accident every sjw sees herself as jyn erso leading the brown tide to fight the nâzis, your supposed to see that, its not reality, literally snowballs chance in héll (ha pun!)
    Its tragic really, the only society that would be "tolerent" is the one everyone seems hellbent on bringing down.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Sure thing, kiddo. Ah, man, I remember my first beer... You go to bed now, things'll be better in the morning, Osiris.
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I like those posts tactical joker, do i detect a bit of man camp quotation? Just remember anger and emotion is the true enemy of the free peoples, approach all problems in a detatched way, your not fighting, but merely traversing space and time. If you already embrace this approach bravo, but never forget it and show others the way
  • Options
    I like those posts tactical joker, do i detect a bit of man camp quotation? Just remember anger and emotion is the true enemy of the free peoples, approach all problems in a detatched way, your not fighting, but merely traversing space and time. If you already embrace this approach bravo, but never forget it and show others the way

The only anger and emotion i keep seeing these days is from people who have it in their heads that they are oppressed within a free society, and who consequently also have no clue of what true oppression is. (North Korea, Bhutan, etc) Look at some of the graduation protests at several colleges across the country. It will not be long if this type of behavior of dissention persists, that you will start seeing police in riot gear acting as chaperones, armed with tear gas and non-lethal ammunition to quell these nonsensical protests. Something you do not see in "normal" settings. It is this type of behavior that brought about uniforms for inner city children back in the 80's and 90's in an effort to gain conformity amongst the youth. It is also possible that if this new generation keeps pushing the envelope, you may even see a reemergence of mandatory conscription for all able bodied persons in an effort to do the same to the society at large, and personally i see nothing wrong with it. It is not a "man camp" mentality, though i do kind of get where you are comng from, nor is it anger or emotion that is used as a guiding force (both being foolish things to bring to any discourse) as they blur focus, and i do try to remove myself personally so that i may approach and ascertain a situation in the most unbiased and objective manner possible. Unfortunately, in order to show some others the way is often to rip off their blinders, and destroy their means of being brainwashed, and the act of doing so can be a most forceful and/or tasteless task to undertake, not to mention the increased resistance to such, requiring tactics of a more forceful and tasteless nature. As you mentioned above, it really is quite a tragic affair.
  • Options
    Well we cant have that! Lets train kids to recognize the bad guys, we can give stormtroopers riot shields and batons
  • Options
    Well we cant have that! Lets train kids to recognize the bad guys, we can give stormtroopers riot shields and batons

I thought they already had those
  • Options
    @JynErso42:

Well, yes, of course there's racial diversity and other forms of diversity that are politically and socially important these days to us humans, my point was that while Star Wars has the intention that the best squad is a mix of at least 3 of the 4 character types (Healer, Attacker, Tank, Support: HATS), you never get a military unit with one doctor, one scout, one heavily armored person with low firepower who stands up and screams, "Hey, shoot ME!" and one person that's easy to kill but does a lot of damage. Effective military units are ones with a certain amount of uniformity - yes, one or two people may be given extra training in rendering first aid and might be expected to be the first one to offer. Yes, in some units there are squad gunners with a heavier weapon than the rest of the troops use, but there's a general consistency of armaments and abilities.

In short, units that are effective in the real world just don't make good subjects for heroic epics. Hero'ing is about being unique. Soldiering is about fitting in. Thus being different was always more accepted - and more acceptable - in fantasy than in reality.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

The only anger and emotion i keep seeing these days is from people who have it in their heads that they are oppressed within a free society, and who consequently also have no clue of what true oppression is. (North Korea, Bhutan, etc) Look at some of the graduation protests at several colleges across the country. It will not be long if this type of behavior of dissention persists, that you will start seeing police in riot gear acting as chaperones, armed with tear gas and non-lethal ammunition to quell these nonsensical protests. Something you do not see in "normal" settings. It is this type of behavior that brought about uniforms for inner city children back in the 80's and 90's in an effort to gain conformity amongst the youth. It is also possible that if this new generation keeps pushing the envelope, you may even see a reemergence of mandatory conscription for all able bodied persons in an effort to do the same to the society at large, and personally i see nothing wrong with it. It is not a "man camp" mentality, though i do kind of get where you are comng from, nor is it anger or emotion that is used as a guiding force (both being foolish things to bring to any discourse) as they blur focus, and i do try to remove myself personally so that i may approach and ascertain a situation in the most unbiased and objective manner possible. Unfortunately, in order to show some others the way is often to rip off their blinders, and destroy their means of being brainwashed, and the act of doing so can be a most forceful and/or tasteless task to undertake, not to mention the increased resistance to such, requiring tactics of a more forceful and tasteless nature. As you mentioned above, it really is quite a tragic affair.

Is part if the MRA movement a rejection of paragraphs?
  • Options
    He's one of those Men Grammaring Their Own Way. Don't tell him about e e cummings, things can only get worse.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    He's one of those Men Grammaring Their Own Way. Don't tell him about e e cummings, things can only get worse.
    It's really too bad, I bet l(a would really connect with their empty souls.
  • Options
    LoL
This discussion has been closed.