Time for some new end-game materials or new content to game!

Prev13
First the game itself is great! There could be improvements, but that's every game(consoles included). The major issue I'm having with the game is this. Alot of players are max level now. There really hasn't been a major add to the game since ships. I've been gaming MMO's since alot of players were in diapers. Everquest was the first, so yeah I'm old (39). The one thing that kills alot of games is boredom. Adding new toons is nice, but that is a band-aid in game terms. New content especially geared towards max leveled people is only way to keep game interesting for a long time frame. WOW is a great example even though I wasn't a huge fan of game.
I've read alot of posts about great ideas, etc to add to game. Please listen to your fans of your game. It is time for a new raid. Heard some say Deathstar ship raid would be nice, but really any new raid would after this long a period of time. I personally like the idea of a mini game area in cantina. Alot of mini games within a games can be as fun as the game itself at times. Witcher for example. Sure some of these Star Wars fans can think of something. I'm sure it would be a way to make more money off us also lol.
I've spent thousands of dollars on the game, but really unless something new(besides toons) comes out why spend more?
Thanks Drizzztt

Replies

• Revan202
    107 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    This is a turn based game, not an mmo. I do agree that we can use more content. But what do you want? More events? They just made a bunch of events that gave away free charceters. They finally have ep and yoda on monthly rotation.
    If they release a new raid that would be lame because many guilds still can't complete aat raid; new one releases and those people get let down and most likely quit.
    Ship raid will be in the future but we have to wait. We don't have to many ships right now so we need to wait for them to release probably 10 more ships before they announce anything.
    Guild vs guild will be in the future and I bet that will be like tournaments where we face a bunch of people from a certain guild. Oh yeah tournaments were a sweet thing but the community ruined it with all the cheating and complaining

We got this group asking for characters and this other group boycotting new charceters.
    We ask and when they deliver, we complain.
  • Options
    They really need more creative and diverse events. All of the resources seriously can't be going on just new characters. More frequent replayable events like MM but with better rewards, and new events wit different structures and a bit of creativity.
  • Options
    The timescale for massive new content additions has to take into account the f2p player base too, yea all the mega whales are gonna be maxed out but they usually are within like a month of anything new coming out, that is their nature and prerogative as to the amount of money they spend in this game. The completely f2p however will be VERY far from that stage where everything in this game has become "auto" so they still need to allow a bit of time for them to enjoy the current content and not just attend the whales. Also, April is Star Wars celebration time so we can probs look forward to a bunch of stuff this month, including double drops maybe? *wink wink*
  • Options
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_game. It is turn-based, but it is an MMO also. Just because it's not a PC game or console doesn't mean it's not. It's not really a complaint. I love the game, but most of the p2p players are 85 now. Game has been out awhile now. These small events and new toons are nice. I'm not complaining about them. It's just time for more. People are going to quit, complain, rage quit, etc, etc no matter what. I'm just posting the fact that if they want more of my money then they need to add more. I've spent well over 5 grand on the game, so if the people who p2p stop buying maybe they will listen.
  • IvoB1987
    495 posts Member
    Options
    I somewhat disagree. with new content or events there also need to be new rewards I guess. I can understand that whales have a lot if not all characters maxed but f2p is nowhere near that. Our guild isn't even able to do HAAT yet while at least half of them plays since the start. We don't need more rewards because it's hard to keep up already
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Last I checked we can not run around and play with others. This game is not a massively multiplayer online game because when was the last time you were fighting in a battle and a random dude comes up and starts helping you or fighting you??? This is an rpg. You are role playing as a random person in a cantina, playing a holotoable game against other people.
    Just because many people play it and we have arena doesn't make it an mmo. We fight against ai. Nowhere can we fight against other online players
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    A massively multiplayer online game (MMOG or MMO) is an online game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players, typically from hundreds to thousands, simultaneously in the same instance (or world)

This was literally the first sentence in the link you provided for an mmo. As you can see, this is not an mmo

So don't compare the content of this game to the content of an mmo. They have a whole world they can work with. We have a Catina and 5 game modes
  • Options
    I've seen people suggest a daily bounty board. I can't remember the details they laid out but having a different goal each day that rewarded some credits, ship building materials, or something along those lines would be cool, as long as it was not part of the daily activities.

They could require killing a specific enemy last or that you kill the whole team in a specific order. They could do timed ones where you have to down one or multiple teams in x minutes. Facing larger squads of 6+ or just 1-2 characters that are overleveled could be another. I'm sure there are plenty of other ideas out there too.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Ok so it not an MMO lol. You win! Don't have a panic attack. I'm not in a mega guild or anything either. We are just starting raids also. I don't have solo or kenobi unlocked yet. This is just a post asking for more endgame materials for ppl 85 with almost every toon 7*. Love the bounty board idea btw.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    So it sounds like you haven't even completed the latest content they have released. Haven't even gotten Solo that was released nearly a year ago?
    Sounds like your not in the position to be asking this. Just because your level 85 doesn't mean you beat the game. Star and gear up more teams/factions you want to use. Than you can have some fun in gw and use different squads every node.
  • Ailouran
    113 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the responses, us free to play players still have more than enough to do. The nature of the whale is to buy their way through whatever content is release in a short time frame so of course they're going to run out of content. They need to give everyone else a chance to almost catch up before releasing new end game content.

Ps. I believe we're on the same shard, kudos from Ball
  • Options
    My swgoh.gg rating is 83.05. Think I know how to play the game ok and have decent gear. I have 98 7* toons, so really just looking for new content to buy. I never said anything about beating the game. This is about players who are p2p who want new content to buy, beside the toon packs. If the game doesn't make money then most companies start cutting resources and employment. Without new content the game will slowly lose members by the thousands. I've seen it happen in alot of games and don't want that for SWGOH. I want the game to get bigger and bigger. That does cost money and atm there really is nothing worth buying except a few crystals packs here and there.
  • TheDude420
    439 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I support Mr. Do'Urden's request to add Gwent to the game!!!! :smile:

But in all seriousness yeah - it's time for some new content. The good news is I'm pretty sure the devs know that and agree. Ships are long overdue for content; I cannot imagine they did all that work on them to leave them at this state, with no true PVE, like LS/DS nodes or a raid.
  • Blanco23
    44 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    If they release a new raid that would be lame because many guilds still can't complete aat raid; new one releases and those people get let down and most likely quit.

Exactly! My guild is still struggling on HAAT. We give it a try every month and slowly making progress. If they release a ship raid now I would have no other option than quit cause I won't be able to catch up. The game became quite boring (farm, farm, farm, every day same actions..) because the progress is soooooo slow for f2p. All this new toons we cannot play/level/gear. I know a lot of new stuff has being added but f2p cannot enjoy most of it. Building squads for HAAT are taking too long and at the same time you drop in everything else.
  • Options
    Good to see a Forgotten Realms fan.
  • Options
    I'm a free to play and I'm bored
  • Options
    Blanko23 I understand your frustration. I'm in a guild with almost all f2p players. It's crazy hard for them to gear up, etc. That said this is a game that wants to make money.
  • Options
    I would like them to add something new that you can do daily. A new raid or more ship stuff for example even the ability to do a Rancor raid each day would be something.

I am assuming that the QoL update and the x4 speed in particular was intended to free people's time up to be able to have the time to enjoy new content.

My time is now more free and I am waiting for new content. I am not a whale but spend a lot of time playing and have started to fill my spare time with other games. If at some point I like another game more than GOH I may start to make that my main game.
  • Options
    If you start losing the p2p players the game will die. Not by finding members to play, but EA will cut resources fast. This is a free game, but it is also a game that needs to make money.
  • Options
    Like the increase in raid idea. Lower ticket cost will increase raids and make game more fresh and exciting. Right now posting because I'm done with everything I can do. Unless I spend 900 crystals on battles. I'm crazy but not that crazy.
  • Options
    Blanko23 I understand your frustration. I'm in a guild with almost all f2p players. It's crazy hard for them to gear up, etc. That said this is a game that wants to make money.

I even invested like 250$ to speed up with gear but it really made no difference the progress is just too slow to enjoy it long term. It's more like job now, some sort of addiction with (really) small portion of fun. You live by the clock of shop refreshes, arena payouts, etc. The game lacks of enjoyable content. And we didn't even mentioned the mods that I really hate (pure gambling that I don't like).
  • Aglardae
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    This is a turn based game, not an mmo.

Excuse me but back in 1996 Dark Sun Online was one of the first MMOs and it was turn based. Just saying.

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    So your basically asking for a solo campaign that you want to pay $1000 for??
    Maybe more figuring you have 98 7*?
  • Options
    I donate 25 items or more a day. Really not sure if helping f2p players increase alot faster or not. One reason I'll only be an officer is the reason you stated. I like the game and don't want it to become a job like you crazy leaders.
  • Options
    +1
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sure would love tournaments ... or at least maybe a way for people to compete against other arena players on other shards, even if it's just once or twice a week.

I mean, everyone worked hard and/or spent a lot of cash for their toons, it'd be great to use it more than just the usual arena, GW and the couple of events here and there.
  • Options
    Actually I want all toons 7* lol. If they would add a new solo content, then I would most likely spend a grand or more. Again I never said anything about solo campaign anywhere, so be nice of ya to stop posting things I never asked for. Are you p2p or f2p Jetlife? How much money have you spent on the game? If I want to voice my opinions on the game, then I would like too without someone else acting like a kid and postings words I never said. I really could care less if it's called a MMO or turned based game. That wasn't the topic. The topic was new content. I agree maybe it's not a MMO. You win. That is no reason to give childish posts about the topic.
  • Dolas
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind some additional content that's not another raid. Like many, I'm still working on the tank raid and my teams to unlock Kenobi. That being said, more activities besides super easy events to unlock characters I'd very much welcome. Would get people logged into the game more and maybe give some rewards that helps with the gear / credit crunch. I feel if there's more that a player can participate their toons into, they may be more likely to invest into those toons.

Anyways that's my two cents.
This discussion has been closed.