Time for some new end-game materials or new content to game!

13Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Actually this is the reason I joined the forums finally. I like that the game is f2p. I have someone that's same age as my oldest son in guild (16). I know he can't buy crystals and level as fast as p2p players. I'm glad he is in my guild though. Great kid and listens to Guild leader/officers. Which is more than I can say for alot of adults. Our guild is full now of active members, but maybe 5 to 10 buy crystals, etc. I believe I would be the only one considered a whale. I've only been playing since October and have spent(sure EA knows) more than likely over the 10 grand mark. Don't worry me and my wife work great jobs, house is paided for, etc. Worked at the same hospital for almost 20 years. This is my downtime fun.
    This isn't going to be a game like EA's sports game that come out with a new version every year. This is the game we have and EA doesn't support games that isn't make money. Most game companies don't and why would they. If the whales don't start asking for new content to buy then this game will not get improved or add new content to the game in the near future. It will become old (like me) and support/updates/content will decrease by the month. It happens and that's why I really want to see new content now! The old raids will still be there to do. It really is about getting everything we can atm for the future players of the game and the die hards that won't leave this game until they stop running it.

I understand what you are saying about the game getting stale and paying players leaving will bring the game to an end.

I'm just confused about what you are asking, because you keep saying content, but you want it to be purchasable. Many players whales included are a little less interested in just buying stuff than they are in using stuff. There is a difference between playable content and something you can pay for.

$$ gets you toons, mods, ships, gear. If all you want to do is spend those are basically open wells to throw your money in.

Yes without that income they won't developed playable content but if this game goes any further down the raid of just being a cash grab people will leave too.

Playable content is the key, people will buy other stuff if it has some use.

They have recently released a huge amount of buyable content and with the release cadence there are a good handful of toons that will go to cash players first (and soon). The bigger problem is there isn't always a place to use them, but I see you keep referring to content to buy and not play.... just confusing.
  • Options
    Sorry kylo. I'm guess what I'm asking more for is major content like when they introduced ships. That was content that both new and old players wanted and could play. It also made alot of new products for people to purchase and added new playable content.
  • Options
    Well, the best way to keep the whale's spending is to put them against each other. Which would involve some kind of guild vs guild event which requires using your entire roster. Or a tournament which is better moderated and designed.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Someone said there's guilds that can't beat AAT raid. How so? As long as they have a good number of people with at least a full 6* team, they're beating it. For a ship raid, there's no reason they can't give us tier 1-7 like they did with rancor. Most people have maybe 8 maxed ships by now, and maybe that's not enough to do a tier 6 or 7, but surely enough to beat tiers 1-3 and possibly 4-5 too. They should really have had tiers 1-5 for the AAT so that newer guilds can get in on the action.
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    kodias wrote: »
    I agree this game is getting boring. I am f2p and started in Jan 2016 with an almost 6* GK and I don't find much challenge in this game anymore. Arena isn't that fun anymore now that the dodge meta has returned, I still manage to finish first daily. Haat isn't even hard for my guild. The only thing I find enjoyable in this game is wrecking p4 with my clones but that is only because I just finished gearing them up and I am sure that enjoyment will eventually fade away. I can only imagine how the whales feel, they have likely been at this point for a couple months now and have had no new challenging content.

I wish they would release an event that let players use their whole rosters. I still think a solo raid would be really enjoyable and would be something you could complete on your own schedule and base the difficulty on what your roster is like. Players with large rosters should be rewarded for them or else what is the point of acquiring them? The only event that rewarded players for their roster were tournaments. Since tournaments are gone most players only use 20-25 of their characters. Give players something that will let them empty their rosters.

I see no reason why EA should prioritize the happiness of F2P players. We do not make them any money. So who cares if the majority of players still do not have GK unlocked they should be doing whatever they can to keep the whales happy and that means releasing new end game content. F2P players should know by now that the only reason this game is still alive is because of how much the 1% of users spend. Just sit back and enjoy playing the game for free knowing that this experience is being bankrolled by players with way to much disposable income. If you think that is unfair than start spending some money.

If someone tells you your product smells bad foes it really matter if they have bought anything in your store? Or would you only listen to a paying customer?

F2p can write reviews just as well as p2p. Everyone should be prioritized. Getting players in the door is the name of the game. Some will pay some will not doesn't matter it's a numbers game.

This was only in reference to not releasing new content because some f2p have not yet started Haat. The game can't and shouldn't wait for the casual f2p players to complete the end game content. Aat has been out for roughly half a year and it is time for some new content. I don't really remember how long after the rancor they released AAT but I feel like 6 months is a good time frame.

I am aware that it is a numbers game but you can't expect EA to cater to f2p players when it comes to people wanting more time to unlock GK. When most whales have had a 7* GK for a couple of months, there is nothing left for them to do and that means its time to release new endgame content, gotta keep the whales fed, its that simple.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I agree this game is getting boring. I am f2p and started in Jan 2016 with an almost 6* GK and I don't find much challenge in this game anymore. Arena isn't that fun anymore now that the dodge meta has returned, I still manage to finish first daily. Haat isn't even hard for my guild. The only thing I find enjoyable in this game is wrecking p4 with my clones but that is only because I just finished gearing them up and I am sure that enjoyment will eventually fade away. I can only imagine how the whales feel, they have likely been at this point for a couple months now and have had no new challenging content.

I wish they would release an event that let players use their whole rosters. I still think a solo raid would be really enjoyable and would be something you could complete on your own schedule and base the difficulty on what your roster is like. Players with large rosters should be rewarded for them or else what is the point of acquiring them? The only event that rewarded players for their roster were tournaments. Since tournaments are gone most players only use 20-25 of their characters. Give players something that will let them empty their rosters.

I see no reason why EA should prioritize the happiness of F2P players. We do not make them any money. So who cares if the majority of players still do not have GK unlocked they should be doing whatever they can to keep the whales happy and that means releasing new end game content. F2P players should know by now that the only reason this game is still alive is because of how much the 1% of users spend. Just sit back and enjoy playing the game for free knowing that this experience is being bankrolled by players with way to much disposable income. If you think that is unfair than start spending some money.

If someone tells you your product smells bad foes it really matter if they have bought anything in your store? Or would you only listen to a paying customer?

F2p can write reviews just as well as p2p. Everyone should be prioritized. Getting players in the door is the name of the game. Some will pay some will not doesn't matter it's a numbers game.

This was only in reference to not releasing new content because some f2p have not yet started Haat. The game can't and shouldn't wait for the casual f2p players to complete the end game content. Aat has been out for roughly half a year and it is time for some new content. I don't really remember how long after the rancor they released AAT but I feel like 6 months is a good time frame.

I am aware that it is a numbers game but you can't expect EA to cater to f2p players when it comes to people wanting more time to unlock GK. When most whales have had a 7* GK for a couple of months, there is nothing left for them to do and that means its time to release new endgame content, gotta keep the whales fed, its that simple.

If only in reference to haat then I will agree, but they pace players from the beginning with all the bottle necks so they should consider all players when doing anything.

Old vine grapes produce less wine. If it's just a numbers game at some point you have to be looking at the next new field of crops to supplement the old fields. It's either this or decrease the pacing so new players can grow faster.
  • Options
    Just add Dejrik! (And test your live player vs player Modul)

For everybody who is not familiar with the name:
    image_bc196054.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1920%2C1080&width=768

http://www.starwars.com/news/let-the-wookiee-win-dejarik
This discussion has been closed.