Ima-Gun Di [Leader] Talk Thread

2Next

Replies

• Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    @SamIAmx77 I don't know, I push rank just fine. There's what, 25k+ people in each server (I'm guessing)? I rank between 20 and 15 each day, never being pushed out of top 50 (I started playing Dec 1st). I'm satisfied with that. I've been slowly pushing higher and higher. I'd say that's good. Not everyone can be rank 1, and I don't care to run s.t.u.pid little bugs and no named tie pilots. I love my all Jedi counter team, there's nothing better (an all Rebel team comes close though. Leia is only 5* though). Working on gearing and starring my Aayla to replace Lumi on my arena team (I've spent a lot and she's only just over 5* :neutral: ).

Obviously to each their own. Some people like running the meta, others don't. Ima Gun can provide great success and a lot of fun as well. At level 80, his leader can be upgraded to add +25% counter damage, which is even more deadly. Most people will shy away if they have aoe heavy teams. I rarely get attacked. Maybe 2 times a day on average, sometimes 3 (or maybe I win a lot, who knows. Would be nice to have stats).

He is a hard farm, but well worth it.

I'm farming Anakyn the best I can right now, only 25 shards to go, IMD is a long ways off unless I get lucky in a pack.
  • Eris_Discordant
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Depending on how you rate such things, Ima-Gun Di is one of the top (or THE top) characters for balanced damage and HP.*

I personally rank them from highest to lowest (74 is the best, 1 is the worst) then use the square root of the ranking.
    The reason being that 1 + 73 =74 is not really the the same as 37 + 37 = 74.
    [Using square root that becomes 1 + 8.5 = 9.5 and 6 + 6 =12. This depends on how you feel about pure glass cannons and whatever their reverse tank version is called.]

* I am aware that Abilities and synergy are generally far more important than the raw stats. Just sayin'...

Also unfortunately Defense Up is literally THE WORST buff/effect/stat in the game. (Well, okay, Defense penetration is worse...but only because Armor or Resistance is useless already).

But at least when he applies Defense Up, he does amazing damage (only 25% to crit).
  • Options
    Another thing is that you can run an Ima-Gun Di Counter team for your last Arena mission of the day.

So even if he's not your cup of tea on offense, you can still use him on Defense and pray for RNG.
  • Options
    Sorry to spam this thread, but a couple notes:

1) After the level cap increase, Ima-Gun Di will begin adding 25% Counter damage. Which is good because the worst-hitting characters in the game are Jedi.

2) Aayla's Counter is rising to 80%. (Technically Ima-Gun Di wouldn't be buffing her 35%. Just FYI.)

http://www.swgohcantina.com/ima-gun-di/
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/aayla-secura/
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    We don't discuss his passive ability a lot. But it's good too. He gains +2,1K HP for three turns after he's been critted. Passive heals can add up really well with other heals.
  • Options
    Counter doesn't stack if I recall. Need to reconfirm.

IMGD is my favorite ally leader for light side missions since I use a lot of jedis

Speed is still too important. As a whole it increases your output n deduces damage taken.

Taking more turns faster means more damage output

Meta needs to slow before IMGD becomes relevant for arena. U usually get 2 shot early by specials.

Its super good against aoe nothing beats seeing all your jedis proc counter.
  • Options
    Anyone notice a drop in counter frequency since the update?
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Once I get to lvl 80 I plan on getting him. At the very least he will wreck certain GW teams, I already have a lot of jedi levelled up between 60- 70 and geared.
  • Push2Stops
    489 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Akster wrote: »
    Once I get to lvl 80 I plan on getting him. At the very least he will wreck certain GW teams, I already have a lot of jedi levelled up between 60- 70 and geared.

FYI, he takes a lot to gear, 353,300 creds and 775 violet gear. Good luck!
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease