Bistans U-Wing

Bistans U-Wing ability scouting mission is still being dodged. This was already confirmed as a bug a month or two ago, what's the status? Is it being worked on? Because it's clearly not fixed
Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see

Replies

  • Link to original post:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/90064/fleet-battles-bistans-target-lock#latest

    Screenshots of confirmation:
    3JtpR1X.jpg
    Screenshot 1



    BQAcSiF.jpg
    Screenshot 2
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Mageduckey
    690 posts Member
    edited April 20
    scuba wrote: »
    Theophany wrote: »
    dodge should only apply to any ability applying damage whether physical or special. Any ability that doesn't do damage should only be able to be resisted.

    For any ability that does not do damage they need to only apply the potency vs tenacity roll for that. It's as if it's registering it as an attack and if the attack does not hit (dodge) then the debuff is not applied, but this is not the case it should skip that completely and only do the potency vs tenacity.

    If that makes any sense

    That is what I thought, and always expected, at first till I saw things like Asajj strike fear get dodged and old Ben mid tricks get dodged. Then dev made a comment.

    Hiya!
    This doesn't appear to be a bug! Count Dooku’s leader ability states that all allies gain increased evasion and Offense Up for 2 turns whenever they successfully evade. Asajj Ventress Strike Fear attack is dodge-able, so any enemy that successfully evades this attack will gain Offense Up. Hope this helps!


    Strike fear does no damage.

    It appears Bistan's U-wing's ability "Scouting Mission" can be dodged as it is an attack with no damage (same as Scuba quoted previously). Other status effect applications sans damage can be dodged (as listed above), so the U-wing isn't bugged.
  • scuba
    10466 posts Member
    Mageduckey wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Theophany wrote: »
    dodge should only apply to any ability applying damage whether physical or special. Any ability that doesn't do damage should only be able to be resisted.

    For any ability that does not do damage they need to only apply the potency vs tenacity roll for that. It's as if it's registering it as an attack and if the attack does not hit (dodge) then the debuff is not applied, but this is not the case it should skip that completely and only do the potency vs tenacity.

    If that makes any sense

    That is what I thought, and always expected, at first till I saw things like Asajj strike fear get dodged and old Ben mid tricks get dodged. Then dev made a comment.

    Hiya!
    This doesn't appear to be a bug! Count Dooku’s leader ability states that all allies gain increased evasion and Offense Up for 2 turns whenever they successfully evade. Asajj Ventress Strike Fear attack is dodge-able, so any enemy that successfully evades this attack will gain Offense Up. Hope this helps!


    Strike fear does no damage.

    It appears Bistan's U-wing's ability "Scouting Mission" can be dodged as it is an attack with no damage (same as Scuba quoted previously). Other status effect applications sans damage can be dodged (as listed above), so the U-wing isn't bugged.

    If you read a couple posts up according to @CG_Kozispoon it should not be able to be dodged. So there is some inconsistency with the statements.
  • *Peers*
    Well the designer heading Ships may be a good final say on this particular issue. I'll see about dragging @CG_CMandellorian in here to give this a looksee.
  • Mageduckey
    690 posts Member
    edited April 21
    That was the initial statement, but then the follow up stated it was WAI. I figured the most recent post on the matter was the more accurate one. If it's bugged it affects far more than just Bistan's U-wing.

    *Edit* Ooh, the ship master :)
  • scuba
    10466 posts Member
    Mageduckey wrote: »
    That was the initial statement, but then the follow up stated it was WAI. I figured the most recent post on the matter was the more accurate one. If it's bugged it affects far more than just Bistan's U-wing.

    *Edit* Ooh, the ship master :)

    The intial statement was they couldn't reproduce the dodge because it shouldn't be able to be dodged.
    The second statement was while doing another test they were able to see the dodge and it was flagged for review.

    And absolutely if a non-attack should not be dodged /deflected then there are many others bugs similar to this.
  • My bad, I forgot about the first post. I still think the latest post is the most relevant/accurate, but we shall see.
  • scuba
    10466 posts Member
    edited April 21
    Mageduckey wrote: »
    My bad, I forgot about the first post. I still think the latest post is the most relevant/accurate, but we shall see.

    Maybe I am missing something the last post we see is confirmation that bistan target lock was dodged and that it was flagged for review.

    Hopefully CG_CMandellorian can give some further info but this is not just a ships question but game wide mechanics.

    Edit: I do believe non damaging abilities are designed/intedend to be able to be evaded.
    If not why make Bodhi evasion down from spotter ability labeled as can't be evaded.
  • Theophany
    796 posts Member
    edited April 21
    Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • His basic attack can be dodged while he was stealthed, though still dealing damage, and TIE Fighter will grant its capital ship Turn Meter from its "control thruster" ability.
    His attack while stealthed seems not to penetrate all of the target's armor too.
  • oOEchoeSOo wrote: »
    His basic attack can be dodged while he was stealthed, though still dealing damage, and TIE Fighter will grant its capital ship Turn Meter from its "control thruster" ability.
    His attack while stealthed seems not to penetrate all of the target's armor too.

    I will pay closer attention for these issues as well
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Hello! and apologies for not getting back to you guys sooner!

    So I may be opening the flood gates here, but in general, a non-damaging ability should not be avoidable. So this is in fact a bug and I'll get it fixed asap!

    And as @Mageduckey mentioned earlier it may affect more than Bistan's U-wing, so feel free to send me any other Ships that are affected by this.

    Thanks all!
  • scuba
    10466 posts Member
    edited April 21
    Hello! and apologies for not getting back to you guys sooner!

    So I may be opening the flood gates here, but in general, a non-damaging ability should not be avoidable. So this is in fact a bug and I'll get it fixed asap!

    And as @Mageduckey mentioned earlier it may affect more than Bistan's U-wing, so feel free to send me any other Ships that are affected by this.

    Thanks all!
    Thanks for the info.
    So what about characters that have similar things? Asajj strike fear, dooku/daka secondary stun, old Ben mind tricks. Who do those go too?
  • Hello! and apologies for not getting back to you guys sooner!

    So I may be opening the flood gates here, but in general, a non-damaging ability should not be avoidable. So this is in fact a bug and I'll get it fixed asap!

    And as @Mageduckey mentioned earlier it may affect more than Bistan's U-wing, so feel free to send me any other Ships that are affected by this.

    Thanks all!

    +1 thank you for getting back to us really appreciate it
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Bakhtosh
    27 posts Member
    edited April 22
    Was coming in here to report Bistan's u-wing primary attack, while stealthed, is being dodged. I'm pretty sure I saw the CPU hit the U-wing while stealthed the other day. It was in auto combat, and I wasn't focused on it, so I'll keep trying to repeat it.

    This would make sense if there was a bug in the check to see if it is stealthed.
  • scuba
    10466 posts Member
    edited May 20
    @CG_feltz916 @CG_CMandellorian
    Ignoring dooku applying shock thru FS, that is a different bug, Glad to see some consistency coming. Dooku secondary stun, non damaging attack, applying thru FS
    lixUUjt.gif
  • Theophany
    796 posts Member
    Good catch @scuba
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Levl
    14 posts Member
    So a non damaging ability can't be avoided, therefore can't be evaded, am I right in thinking that?
  • scuba
    10466 posts Member
    edited May 26
    Levl wrote: »
    So a non damaging ability can't be avoided, therefore can't be evaded, am I right in thinking that?

    That is how they are supposed to be working now. I have been wanting to test with asajj dispel. With the change/fix she should be able to dispel FS.
  • Levl
    14 posts Member
    Ok so when Poe taunts, the TM and expose it can't be evaded but it can be resisted...therefore if a sith under mail doesn't lose TM or get an expose they shouldn't gain TM from mauls leadership then?
  • scuba
    10466 posts Member
    Levl wrote: »
    Ok so when Poe taunts, the TM and expose it can't be evaded but it can be resisted...therefore if a sith under mail doesn't lose TM or get an expose they shouldn't gain TM from mauls leadership then?

    That is who I am to understand it works
  • Levl
    14 posts Member
    Thanks! Let's see if that is the case then
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!