It's time to balance Baze/Chirrut

Prev13456
DarthTadeusV
159 posts Member
edited May 2017
It's time isn't? That pair are too way complete to be in that game for so long, they fit in every team, and his healing, cleaning, taunting, etc is exaggerated... that's my opinion

Replies

• danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ok to be the first one :)
    They have counters !
    But yeah, I agree with you OP .
  • AndrewIss
    171 posts Member
    Options
    If there is such intention, please let me now, before I spend tons of resources on the op combo.
    Let's not create another Vader where my toon gets nerfed 2 days after I finally gear/zeta him
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed, they need some TM up in their kit
  • DarthTadeusV
    159 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ok to be the first one :)
    They have counters !
    But yeah, I agree with you OP .

I know my friend, I beat them every day, that's because I'm posting this, they are exaggerated.
  • DarthTadeusV
    159 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    AndrewIss wrote: »
    If there is such intention, please let me now, before I spend tons of resources on the op combo.
    Let's not create another Vader where my toon gets nerfed 2 days after I finally gear/zeta him

I'm not sure about that, but i think that if the devs balance this two, they'll be perfect viable for the game
  • Hurkan
    77 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    +1
    I see a new thread almost everyday about this subject but didn't see a dev comment yet.
    Have you ever seen a dev comment about it? I think no and we don't see. Why?
    Because just f2p players complain about it and p2p players have them and they don't want to nerf chaze. So think logical, customers (p2p players) > spongers (f2p players)
    Post edited by Hurkan on
  • Options
    I'm p2p and I want a chaze nerf. I run empire with Shore and all the rebel teams trying to take the top spots get annoying.
  • SkyeLeonne
    252 posts Member
    Options
    What's more scary is...they don't have Zeta yet :o
    For a non-leader character, having 5 skills is really OP and complete...even having one of them in a team can drastically improve the team's performance.
  • Options
    This thread is nerf request thread, it conflict to board rule.

Why mod let this thread still active?
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    They need to be buffed! Are you kidding me? They should both get Zeta's. They're way too easy to counter now! Developers, please give them some zeta love!
  • StupidRiggedTrash
    77 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    One guy I played with in another game said he quit because he couldn't keep up with the wallet warriors.

I'm leaning that way too. Don't understand how Baze randomly taunted after Chirrut casted 50,000 heals. Execute took him down to a fraction of health.

EA can keep all the spenders - the ones who don't want to spend might as well get used to the top 200, or take a walk and spend the money where it's needed.
  • Options
    This thread is nerf request thread, it conflict to board rule.

Why mod let this thread still active?

This reply is whine about nerf request thread, it too whiney much yes.
    Why poster let this thread ruffle feather?
  • Options
    Is chaze very good? Yes. Are they unbeatable? Like anything in this game, far from it. They have many effective, F2P counters. To name a few: boba, nihilus, death trooper and anyone with a stun. I feel the people who make these threads believe chaze aren't F2P, which of course, they are. You can farm baze in shipments alongside his hard node and you'll unlock him pretty quickly depending on your crystal income.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

@AndrewIss, Vader was NEVER nerfed. Just stop.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    One guy I played with in another game said he quit because he couldn't keep up with the wallet warriors.

I'm leaning that way too. Don't understand how Baze randomly taunted after Chirrut casted 50,000 heals. Execute took him down to a fraction of health.

EA can keep all the spenders - the ones who don't want to spend might as well get used to the top 200, or take a walk and spend the money where it's needed.

There's plenty of F2P who are top 10 and even 1st on a daily basis.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • DarthTadeusV
    159 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

There's plenty of F2P who are top 10 and even 1st on a daily basis.

Yes, they're a bunch, like 1% of all the people playing this game
  • AndrewIss
    171 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Omeah @SnakesOnAPlane
    Use the word "fix" instead of "nerf" if you prefer I don't care ****.
    If they are going to "fix" chaze I want to know now, not after spending tons of resources on them, exactly the same as I wanted to know when and how they would fix vader before spending tons of resources on him.
    The point being: if I have to face op toons which are op just because they are "bugged" it doesn't make any difference, since I'm going to need to level them up nonetheless to compete with everyone who are using the bugged toons and since CG/EA doesn't give any infos about even aknowledging the bug 99% of the times.

Btw, concerning Vader: we are now at 3 "fixes" on vader if I'm counting right (last one being his basic not removing foresight anymore from jedis, which by the way qualifies for a full nerf since the description said "effects" of the attack can't be dodged, whereas the attack itself could). And... we are waiting for the raid fix. What should someone who doesn't have Vader do now? Hope it gets fixed soon while he's sucking behind in the raid or zeta him and hope they don't fix him any soon?
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • Options
    Hurkan wrote: »
    +1
    I see a new thread almost everyday about this subject but didn't see a dev comment yet.
    Have you ever seen a dev comment about it? I think no and we don't see. Why?
    Because just f2p players complain about it and p2p players have them and they don't want to nerf chaze. So think logical, customers (p2p players) > spongers (f2p players)

+1
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    Test
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • AndrewIss
    171 posts Member
    Options
    just like this response:" they have counters".
    It is a magical one, the answer to all possible complains about any toon, no matter how OP. Try it, it's fun!
    For example: They are over used in the arena.
    Yeah but they have counters!
    or
    They have half of the abilities on the game in just 2 toons. Yeah but they have counters!

It works for anything!, 3 little words have just made everything you posted invalid :)

So true
  • Options
    @AndrewIss, they aren't going to "nerf" Chaze. Nothing about them is bugged. If they changed anything then it would be a nerf.

As for Zader, his basic now does what it was designed to do, and always clearly said it would do. Not a nerf. If his abilities were changed from original intended design then it would be a nerf. Guess what on the Foresight, Cassian's Shock Grenade doesn't remove foresight, but the debuffs do get through foresight. NOT a bug, but intended design. See here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1028154#Comment_1028154

Regardless, you act as if he will just be the pits (no pun intended) in the Pit when they correct the TM bug. Yes, that's a bug, so not a nerf. Nothing has changed in his descriptions or intended state. You may need Teebo or Jyn with Zader to solo it once the bug is fixed. So what.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • AndrewIss
    171 posts Member
    Options
    @AndrewIss, they aren't going to "nerf" Chaze. Nothing about them is bugged. If they changed anything then it would be a nerf.

As for Zader, his basic now does what it was designed to do, and always clearly said it would do. Not a nerf. If his abilities were changed from original intended design then it would be a nerf. Guess what on the Foresight, Cassian's Shock Grenade doesn't remove foresight, but the debuffs do get through foresight. NOT a bug, but intended design. See here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1028154#Comment_1028154

Regardless, you act as if he will just be the pits (no pun intended) in the Pit when they correct the TM bug. Yes, that's a bug, so not a nerf. Nothing has changed in his descriptions or intended state. You may need Teebo or Jyn with Zader to solo it once the bug is fixed. So what.

The fact chirrut's unique doesn't die with him is a bug, I'm sure you won't agree, so I'm waiting for the post where you ask for Daka's unique to be fixed (and quite a few other uniques among the game).

Chaze is still bugged anyway, at the design level.

Let's look at Talia, she's an healer, right? Now let's look at the attacker Chirrut... no need to say anything more I think
  • Options

The fact chirrut's unique doesn't die with him is a bug, I'm sure you won't agree, so I'm waiting for the post where you ask for Daka's unique to be fixed (and quite a few other uniques among the game).

Let's look at Talia, she's an healer, right? Now let's look at the attacker Chirrut... no need to say anything more I think

Are you referring to Indomitable Will or Resolute Endurance? Resolute Endurance does indeed go away as soon as he dies.

LU isn't a healer by tag, just sayin'.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • AndrewIss
    171 posts Member
    Options

Are you referring to Indomitable Will or Resolute Endurance? Resolute Endurance does indeed go away as soon as he dies.

Luminara isn't a healer, but her name isn't Talia either...

I was talking about indomitable will obv, aka the "baze can win 1 vs 5 unless there are counters".
  • Options
    Even though Chaze has counters, you can plug them into any team. So just stick them with 3 toons that counter their counters. That's what makes them op, they have the abilities of an entire team in and of themselves, plus get three other characters. Meanwhile, everyone else needs to come in a set of 4-5 to be effective. That's what makes them op.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Just voting my opinion: While I do not have that much trouble with this duo in arena (it's Maul for me), I do think their kit is a bit overtuned...I agree in nerving them, but think it will never happen.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Luminara isn't a healer, but her name isn't Talia either...

I was talking about indomitable will obv, aka the "baze can win 1 vs 5 unless there are counters".

As for IW, it persisting for Baze after Chirrut dies has been argued to death many a times. However, it clearly states in the description that it applies to Baze as long as he is present. It's not Chirrut granting it, per se. They both share the ability, but it requires both to be on the team together. It's another ability of Baze, but he doesn't get it unless he and Chirrut are both available at the start of the match. No different than Baze's Dauntless Courage. Nothing bugged here.

As for Talia and Daka, do you actually use them? I have no idea what you're referring to in regards to them, honestly.

SnakesOnAPlane