Why has no one suggested Padme is coming next?

Replies

• flux_rono
    2122 posts Member
    Options
    Noataq wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Allow Sabe to absorb any damage done to Padme.
    i like that part but that should just be a unique where you can't target Padme if Sabe is alive unless you have an AoE ability. in a way it can be as if she gives a unique buff to Padme that makes her untargetable while she is alive and it can be dispelled

So, stealth.

yes basically but it wouldn't be stealth as that wouldn't disappear the second Sabe dies also then she would get bonuses from stealth leaders then like Nute, which wouldn't be good i think
  • flux_rono
    2122 posts Member
    Options
    VadersFury wrote: »
    Addition of Padme and we could have a nice family reunion squad, even if it doesn't quite agree with the Star Wars timeline: JKA, Padme, Luke, Leia, and maybe R2 or Han as the fifth. One big happy family :D

i think they family would be complete with Kylo as the 5th.
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Exletion wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Because this forum is mostly 30-something dudes.

I'm only 25 ;)

And some of us are old enough to be some of the other posters' father. :'(:s

"No...no. That's not true. That's impossible!"
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    C3P0

Hard to believe R2 wouldn't have direct synergy with 3PO. When 3PO is released a rework of R2 abilities would likely occur. Not saying it's beyond belief that one part of a duo doesn't hold synergy, but the past few have had synergy reference on both.

That and 3PO doesn't fight...in any version of him I've ever seen.

Except when he fused with a b1 battle droid lol.
  • Options
    Padme aka Natalie Portman is nice to look at. That's it. Other than giving birth to Luke and Leia what so special about her? She listened to Palpatene and ordered a vote of no confidence which helped set the Galatic Empires plan in motion. She wasn't a pilot, not a good fighter, nothing about her is really that special to the point she should even be in this game..other than the fact she is simply...A star Wars character. That's it.

That's why everyone isn't talking about her. She isn't worth the space or coding in this game to even be made a big deal of to be honest.

Now please talk to me about Nute Gunray, Jawa, Ewok Elder, Mob Enforcer, Ughnaught, etc.

There are many characters already in the game that fit your description. She was resourceful and a "good fighter" - she retook her throne from Nute in Episode II with Tanaka. She also held her own in the arena on Geonisis - and definitely did more "fighting" than many of the characters listed above.

Bottom line...none of the toons u listed...including Padma is gonna bring in money for EA. Only people that will spend money to collect her in his game for the sake of having everything unlocked will want her. Even when she is released..the forums won't be boasting with happiness and brown nosing the devs with "Thank you" posts because of Padma release.

This is the real reason she hasn't been released yet. Also I can even comprehend a single ability she would even have to make her a "must get now" toon. I'd be willing to bet even if she is released she won't even be good enough to be used as a "meta" toon much less arena viable.

Do we really need another useless toon added to this game? I think not.
  • Options
    Padme aka Natalie Portman is nice to look at. That's it. Other than giving birth to Luke and Leia what so special about her? She listened to Palpatene and ordered a vote of no confidence which helped set the Galatic Empires plan in motion. She wasn't a pilot, not a good fighter, nothing about her is really that special to the point she should even be in this game..other than the fact she is simply...A star Wars character. That's it.

That's why everyone isn't talking about her. She isn't worth the space or coding in this game to even be made a big deal of to be honest.

Now please talk to me about Nute Gunray, Jawa, Ewok Elder, Mob Enforcer, Ughnaught, etc.

There are many characters already in the game that fit your description. She was resourceful and a "good fighter" - she retook her throne from Nute in Episode II with Tanaka. She also held her own in the arena on Geonisis - and definitely did more "fighting" than many of the characters listed above.

Yes but did any of those characters listed above get released in their own huge highly anticipated thread speculating worthy event labeled as "fan favorite" and "iconic"?

I think I could find a few people on this very forum that would say, in this game at least, CUP is a fan favorite. Utterly useless and with almost no role on any movie, much less TCW show... but has become a kind of rallying point for people putting forth characters they'd like to see.

And, that's just it, A LOT of toons in this game are from TCW show, and you WILL see a lot more. I mean, if you haven't seen it it, then it's Ahsoka what? Who's Savage? Cad huh? The truth is @HeresTheTruth TCW is a big part of this game. Padme was a big part of TCW. Truth.

Padme was in the movies and the show. Did more on screen, had more lines, and progressed the plot forward more then 75% of the toons we currently have.

Fan Favorite? IDK, more then MANY others. But it's argument none of us really can't win when we got Pao for a toon of the month. Which is the point @Nikoms565 is making. In this case you're trying to argue away the inevitable - Padme, like Luke, and everyone else who ever got screen time (if only for 0.5 seconds) will get released - it's only a question of when.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

Yes but did any of those characters listed above get released in their own huge highly anticipated thread speculating worthy event labeled as "fan favorite" and "iconic"?

I think I could find a few people on this very forum that would say, in this game at least, CUP is a fan favorite. Utterly useless and with almost no role on any movie, much less TCW show... but has become a kind of rallying point for people putting forth characters they'd like to see.

And, that's just it, A LOT of toons in this game are from TCW show, and you WILL see a lot more. I mean, if you haven't seen it it, then it's Ahsoka what? Who's Savage? Cad huh? The truth is @HeresTheTruth TCW is a big part of this game. Padme was a big part of TCW. Truth.

Padme was in the movies and the show. Did more on screen, had more lines, and progressed the plot forward more then 75% of the toons we currently have.

Fan Favorite? IDK, more then MANY others. But it's argument none of us really can't win when we got Pao for a toon of the month. Which is the point @Nikoms565 is making. In this case you're trying to argue away the inevitable - Padme, like Luke, and everyone else who ever got screen time (if only for 0.5 seconds) will get released - it's only a question of when.

Yeah we will see her at some point and time. Just like we will see jarjarstinks. Do I think Padma will be worth it? Nope. She will be useless just like over 50% of the current toons we now have. Will people spend money to unlock her? Only the people that consider her a fan favorite and the few whales that unlock everything for the sake of unlocking everything. She isn't a pilot, she isn't a good fighter, she gave Palpatene the keys to the Galatic empire by voting no confidence on the chanceler. Other than given birth to luck and Leia really what good things can she even offer in this game? She will never be meta much less arena viable. With that said I don't see droves of people opening their wallets to get her either. That right there is reason enough as to why the majority of people playing this game don't care about her.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

My point exactly. No fan of star wars is walking around saying Padme is their favorite star wars character, and even if there is, they are in the huge minority.

Wild guess--white cis dude?

Tell me your thoughts on Jyn.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

My point exactly. No fan of star wars is walking around saying Padme is their favorite star wars character, and even if there is, they are in the huge minority.

I thought nothing of Jyn. My opinion was that Rogue One was the worst Movie out of all of the Star Wars episodes. I seen it once and never felt the need to see it again. Add the fact that Tarkin had the worst cgi out of the entire franchise. Every other episode I seen many times. In my opinion K2 was the best thing about Rogue one...that and Vader at the ending was the only thing I liked.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options

Oh give me a break with that trash; that has nothing to do with it. Jyn could be much more of a fan favorite then Padme. At least she attempted to carry an entire film. Leia as well would be iconic. Padme, no. But again, people are welcome to disagree with that, as they have.
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Options

Oh give me a break with that trash; that has nothing to do with it. Jyn could be much more of a fan favorite then Padme. At least she attempted to carry an entire film. Leia as well would be iconic. Padme, no. But again, people are welcome to disagree with that, as they have.
    Well, to some, Padme may have been their first strong female role model, much like Leia was for a lot of us.
    She's one of a few prominent female characters in the PT.

That doesn't change the fact that the prequels are terrible and borderline unwatchable. It is highly unlikely that she is the character they are announcing at the end of the month.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    My point is that female fans love Padme and here we've got this guy talking out his **** about how Padme's no one's favorite character because HE doesn't like her. Then he just casually dismisses anyone who does as being a small minority.

I'm calling bullcorn on that. That's some ignorant stuff and treating it like it's a valid opinion toxifies the fan culture.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My point is that female fans love Padme and here we've got this guy talking out his **** about how Padme's no one's favorite character because HE doesn't like her. Then he just casually dismisses anyone who does as being a small minority.

I'm calling bullcorn on that. That's some ignorant stuff and treating it like it's a valid opinion toxifies the fan culture.

I don't see how it's a gender issue, and I do like Padme; she is a good character that movies the story along. I just don't see how she can be considered an iconic universally considered fan favorite.
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Options

I don't see how it's a gender issue, and I do like Padme; she is a good character that movies the story along. I just don't see how she can be considered an iconic fan favorite.

It's a gender issue because there are plenty of important male characters and a handful of important female characters in Star Wars. A fan watching the films, if he's a male, can see himself in any number of them. Someone who is less represented has fewer options to identify with. Someone who is used to seeing "themselves" on the screen isn't going to know what it's like to have to pick and choose who you identify with from a limited pool of options. That's why it is a gender issue.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options
    Carbonari wrote: »

I don't see how it's a gender issue, and I do like Padme; she is a good character that movies the story along. I just don't see how she can be considered an iconic fan favorite.

It's a gender issue because there are plenty of important male characters and a handful of important female characters in Star Wars. A fan watching the films, if he's a male, can see himself in any number of them. Someone who is less represented has fewer options to identify with. Someone who is used to seeing "themselves" on the screen isn't going to know what it's like to have to pick and choose who you identify with from a limited pool of options. That's why it is a gender issue.

I see how that is a gender issue, but I don't see how that relates to Padme fitting the description of the release of the new character approaching. What you mention I agree with; there should be a good amount of strong female characters in Star Wars, but it's completely disjointed from my point.
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Options

I see how that is a gender issue, but I don't see how that relates to Padme fitting the description of the release of the new character approaching. What you mention I agree with; there should be a good amount of strong female characters in Star Wars, but it's completely disjointed from my point.

Like I said, I don't think she will be the character that we get. That doesn't mean she's not someone's favorite.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not coming at you, Exletion. You asked an innocent question--why folks aren't thinking Amidala could be the next character--but your question is the tip of a bigbig ice berg and the dude I quoted is the reason folks aren't talking about her.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options

Like I said, I don't think she will be the character that we get. That doesn't mean she's not someone's favorite.

Agreed
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    im glad that star wars has seen a large influx of quality female characters in the last ten years because its tragic that people feel obligated to like terrible characters like padme simply because of her gender.
  • Options
    Again, again.... she is better developed, has more content, more plot, more lines, and more screen time in TCW show (and, you know, the three movies... as well...) then Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Leia, combined, in four movies.

#TheTruth
    #StarwarsIsMoreThenTheMovies
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

To add onto this excellent point, it's just insulting that when you DO find a character that represents you to hear "Real fans don't like them." Eff that noise...
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Again, again.... she is better developed, has more content, more plot, more lines, and more screen time in TCW show (and, you know, the three movies... as well...) then Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Leia, combined, in four movies.

#TheTruth
    Quantity =/= quality
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options

#TheTruth

Even with that, I don't think her popularity is high enough to be considered a favorite of the fans like say a female character like Leia. Although, I could be totally wrong on this. Maybe Padme has a stronger fan following than I previously thought from the Clone Wars which I've only watched a few episodes. I guess we'll all find out in a few weeks.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

#TheTruth
    Quantity =/= quality

Compared to the high quality of Pao, Mob Enforcer, Bistan, and Ugnaught. ::bows deeply in obsequiousness:: clearly.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

#TheTruth
    Quantity =/= quality

Compared to the high quality of Pao, Mob Enforcer, Bistan, and Ugnaught. ::bows deeply in obsequiousness:: clearly.

Leave Bistan out of this! He's useful.
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Options

To add onto this excellent point, it's just insulting that when you DO find a character that represents you to hear "Real fans don't like them." Eff that noise...
    That was long the problem in the comic book industry too. Obviously comic shops have changed considerably since the 80s, but it was once a huge problem where people were judged for their tastes, particularly those who didn't uh...match the demographic.

I still (being in my 30s) struggle with accepting that some people don't like what I like and vice versa. It's such a part of nerd culture/pop culture. Like having a favorite sports team and hating anyone who is from the rival city.

I'll defend Star Wars: Rebels until my final days, but I really can't stand the PT, and as we've seen in this thread, some people really do love the PT. So, there you have it. We all have biases, but not all of us are [redacted] about it.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    I have a shih-tzu named Padme.
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I don't see how it's a gender issue, and I do like Padme; she is a good character that movies the story along. I just don't see how she can be considered an iconic universally considered fan favorite.

See that last bit when you invocated the word "universally"? That leads to your conclusion. Throw that out and more than just a handful of possibilities exist.

There is no evidence that this next character will be on the pedestal you've prepared. The terms "iconic" and "fan favorite" are opinion driven. Opinions =/= evidence. They could have made a short list of characters and polled random people about the "iconic" or "fan favorite" status. The results of that poll could have led to their decisions. If Luke wasn't on the list, then he's not in the results. Do they need to ask if we want Luke or if he is iconic? Same with any number of others. We can't pretend we know how that all occurred. We have to look at evidence we have. Clues in the game or forums, not in our hopes:

3po: R2 has no built in synergy with his counterpart.

Jedi Luke: The true icon but stated his entrance will be well timed and grandiose.

X-Wing pilot Luke: They are looking to attract more to ships. He and his X-Wing might work. Or since ships has low interest they may NOT want to try him yet. Especially if he is just ho-hum for arena and mainly made to pilot. Still a possibility, 3rd likely for me.

Chewie: Would be a revamp or we'd all be ticked to have to gear another wookie. He's an awful gear grind.

Jango: One of the recent forum "fan favorites" but Mandalorian tag stated to have no short term plan and he is probably 2nd most known Mandalorian so why not have tag and synergy? (Rhetoric, I know he was a loner and mainly bounty hunter.)

Thrawn: Other recent forum "fan favorite." So many new Empire to try already. Sets up competition with other offerings currently going on. Could be him, though, my 2nd likely character.

Padme: Least favorite, least iconic of these others (for the sake of argument.) BUT given the discussion on why they aren't adding a Mandalorian tag, one could extrapolate that recent tags DO have planned synergy. Newest tag added without arena synergies: Galactic Republic. Do you really think they added it just for R2? Think of an "iconic" Galactic Republic figure not in the game. General Leia Organa and Padme Amidala is the short list. Sensitivities surround Leia... :'(

There is no question that only a few could be on that pedestal you described, but there are more places for characters in this game than your pedestal.
    Post edited by StormTro0p3R_H on
  • Options
    Always a **** that uses race, gender etc to try and make a dumb argument. Ain't no one here acting saying they don't won't Padma cause she is female. Nobody like Padma because she flat out suks.

Rey's was the star of force awakens and guess what? She is awesome in the film and in this game.
    Jyn wa the star of Rogue One. She was meh in the movie and a little ok on this game.

Quit trying to use some gender social justice warrior **** to try and justify a argument and dismiss anyone that doesn't like Padma as a sexisttt pig. People don't like her cause she isn't great in the movies or if she would be in this game. That right there has nothing to do with gender hating.

People always gotta derail a thread by posting some political ****.PC nonsense.

If you like Padma good for you, if you don't...that's fine also..who cares.

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Always a **** that uses race, gender etc to try and make a dumb argument. Ain't no one here acting saying they don't won't Padma cause she is female. Nobody like Padma because she flat out suks.

Rey's was the star of force awakens and guess what? She is awesome in the film and in this game.
    Jyn wa the star of Rogue One. She was meh in the movie and a little ok on this game.

Quit trying to use some gender social justice warrior ****. to try and justify a argument and dismiss anyone that doesn't like Padma as a sexisttt pig. People don't like her cause she isn't great in the movies or if she would be in this game. That right there has nothing to do with gender hating.

People always gotta derail a thread by posting some political ****PC nonsense.

If you like Padma good for you, if you don't...that's fine also..who cares.

Ill throw a "+1" on this bad boy
This discussion has been closed.