Why has no one suggested Padme is coming next?

Replies

• Options
    @BentWookiee seems to have taken a few days off (last log in May 10th.)

Looks like we are steering back in the right direction though. I'd like to officially recant my 2nd pick, Thrawn. Seems he would be a fleet commander for sure yet they are reworking Tarkin for sure. The conflicting interests are too great at that point.

So X-Wing pilot Luke is my second choice. Not a leader, no need to be super OP, just have undodgeable attacks. Get his X-Wing as well.

Padme is still my top choice though. Again, not from pure fandom (though I was in love with Natalie Portman in my adolescence) but for all reasons I stated previously.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    In B4 close. Too much internet courage in this post. Lol
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Options
    @Carbonari

I read the thread. You brought up the whole gender issue. And im the offended one? Lol ok.

To quote Samuel L. Jackson in the edited for TV version of Pulp Fiction, English my friend, do you speak it?
    You are the offended one because you are so scared of losing your authority. Argue otherwise.
  • Options
    @Vampire_X can you close this, please. My optimism that we were coming back around in here may have been misplaced.

Padme is coming. Get your Galactic Republic squads ready. :open_mouth:
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just waiting for one of these /r/the_donald dudes to say the n word or the f word and really prove what kind of Star Wars fans they are. Grow. t.f. up.
  • Options
    Cause no one wants her
  • Options
    Cause no one wants her

You were here when Padme threads were around. I doubt she's many people's first choice but people want her. :)
  • Options
    Carbonari wrote: »
    @Carbonari

I read the thread. You brought up the whole gender issue. And im the offended one? Lol ok.

To quote Samuel L. Jackson in the edited for TV version of Pulp Fiction, English my friend, do you speak it?
    You are the offended one because you are so scared of losing your authority. Argue otherwise.

What im supposed to be offended by? Not liking Padme lol? Do i care if they add her or not? Nope. Will i get mad if they do? Nope. Will i get mad if they dont? Nope. Im supposed to cry now cause someone says use a dictionary lol? Not even haha. Like i said i dont care about padme.

Also what do you mean authority? Noone even mentioned that..just like noone mentioned gender issues til you came along.

I can tell i ruffled your feathers cause now you're saying things that dont make sense to what i first orginally said. Because now you're just trying hard to throw insults because i dont agree with you.

Ever hear the term " agree to disagree "???

Weird...how did me saying "i dont like padme" turn into a gender and authority issue is beyond me.

• Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Options
    @Carbonari

What im supposed to be offended by? Not liking Padme lol? Do i care if they add her or not? Nope. Will i get mad if they do? Nope. Will i get mad if they dont? Nope. Im supposed to cry now cause someone says use a dictionary lol? Not even haha. Like i said i dont care about padme.

Also what do you mean authority? Noone even mentioned that..just like noone mentioned gender issues til you came along.

I can tell i ruffled your feathers cause now you're saying things that dont make sense to what i first orginally said. Because now you're just trying hard to throw insults because i dont agree with you.

Weird...how did me saying "i dont like padme" turn into a gender and authority issue is beyond me.

@Carbonari

Oh sweetie, you didn't ruffle my feathers. I don't like Padme either. Like I said, read the thread. You're attacking people and ideas, not addressing whether Padme should be added or not. I'm not advocating for the character, I'm saying women should be treated with dignity and respect. If you disagree with me, that says more about you than me.
  • Options
    @Carbonari

@Carbonari

Oh sweetie, you didn't ruffle my feathers. I don't like Padme either. Like I said, read the thread. You're attacking people and ideas, not addressing whether Padme should be added or not. I'm not advocating for the character, I'm saying women should be treated with dignity and respect. If you disagree with me, that says more about you than me.

Lol how am i attacking peoples ideas? All i said was i dont like padme. I agree women should and need to be treated with respect and i dont disagree with you about that.

I simply dont like padme..is that wrong of me?
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    Options
    ...and this is why we can never have Padme discussions...so sad.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    Aaaaaand he just keeps going and going and going.

Talk about not making sense dude. You want to fight on the forum but you don't even know what YOU originally said.
    Padme aka Natalie Portman is nice to look at. That's it. Other than giving birth to Luke and Leia what so special about her? She listened to Palpatene and ordered a vote of no confidence which helped set the Galatic Empires plan in motion. She wasn't a pilot, not a good fighter, nothing about her is really that special to the point she should even be in this game..other than the fact she is simply...A star Wars character. That's it.

That's why everyone isn't talking about her. She isn't worth the space or coding in this game to even be made a big deal of to be honest.

You never just said you didn't like her, you said the above. All of which just aren't true.
  • Options
    Ouchie wrote: »

Talk about not making sense dude. You want to fight on the forum but you don't even know what YOU originally said.
    Padme aka Natalie Portman is nice to look at. That's it. Other than giving birth to Luke and Leia what so special about her? She listened to Palpatene and ordered a vote of no confidence which helped set the Galatic Empires plan in motion. She wasn't a pilot, not a good fighter, nothing about her is really that special to the point she should even be in this game..other than the fact she is simply...A star Wars character. That's it.

That's why everyone isn't talking about her. She isn't worth the space or coding in this game to even be made a big deal of to be honest.

You never just said you didn't like her, you said the above. All of which just aren't true.

Whats wrong with saying she looks good? Natalie portman was hot then. Is that so bad? So im a bad person cause i said she was nice to look at?

Really though what else about padme is so worthy that everyone "HAS" to like her? Really i wanna know. She is nice to look at. She gave birth to Luke and Leia. Palpatene fooled her and he became chanceler. She isnt a pilot, she isnt a great fighter so what else is there?

Am i fighting against not having her in the game? Not at all.

Alls im saying is that really what is sooooo good about her that she needs this much attention. In my eyes..nothing. She has nothing special to offer. So yeah, i really dont like her.

Really do tell i wanna know what is so wrong with me having an opinion..please respond because im really at a loss as to if anything i said that you quoted is so wrong.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    ^ And another essay.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    ^ And another essay.

Go make another thread seeking attention lol.
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Options
    ^ And another essay.

There's some people you just don't mess with, and Mullato is one of them. I'd bring @NicWester into this, but garbage alt right propaganda is below their pay grade. Go back to Breitbart and leave Star Wars to people who believe in a better tomorrow.
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Options
    You guys must be so much fun at parties. I'm sure people are really impressed with your opinions.
  • Options
    Exletion wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    My point is that female fans love Padme and here we've got this guy talking out his **** about how Padme's no one's favorite character because HE doesn't like her. Then he just casually dismisses anyone who does as being a small minority.

I'm calling bullcorn on that. That's some ignorant stuff and treating it like it's a valid opinion toxifies the fan culture.

I don't see how it's a gender issue, and I do like Padme; she is a good character that movies the story along. I just don't see how she can be considered an iconic fan favorite.

It's a gender issue because there are plenty of important male characters and a handful of important female characters in Star Wars. A fan watching the films, if he's a male, can see himself in any number of them. Someone who is less represented has fewer options to identify with. Someone who is used to seeing "themselves" on the screen isn't going to know what it's like to have to pick and choose who you identify with from a limited pool of options. That's why it is a gender issue.

It's only a gender issue when feminist turn it into a bigger deal than what it really is.

The originals had Leia. The most iconic female in Star Wars.

Force awakens had Rey. Who owned the screen and will be playing a huge part in episode 8. I mean come on...finally a female Jedi how awesome is that.

Rogue one had Jyn, not my favorite of the franchise..but any Star Wars movie that generates interest is good for the entire franchise. Jyn was the star of the movie..she didn't shine like Leia or Rey..but those 2 shoes would be big to fill.

Episode 1,2 and 3 had Padme. She gave birth to Leia and Luke..cool. So we seen how it all began.
    She allowed Palpatene to manipulate her. Not her fault I guess..palp is just that awesome.

Of all the Star Wars movies I'd put the females in this order. Leia>Rey>Jyn>Padme

This has nothing to do with gender. It has more to do with whom I find I liked better and who I find kicked more butt. And that's my own personal take on it. I flat out don't think much of Padme. And if she is ever added to this game she won't be as good as Leia, Rey or Jyn. That's not because of her gender..it's because that's the truth.

Just because there were more men in the movies doesn't mean it's a gender issue. Just like because a movie only has 1 black person in the movies doesn't mean the director is a racist.

People need to get over the whole gender, race feminism card because it's people like that...turning a trivial issue that isn't even an issue into a bigger issue than what it really is. It's all complete B . S .!

sadly in the games now it's Jyn>Rey>Leia.
  • Options
    ^ And another essay.

There's some people you just don't mess with, and Mullato is one of them.

I don't have a horse in this race but the absurdity of this made me lol.

You better not offend anyone on this forum otherwise they'll post a TL/DR! That you don't even have to read! The horror!
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    Options
    @StormTro0p3R_H

My vote is for a Luke variation of some sort. He's a fan favorite, he's iconic, and R2 was just released. If they dropped Luke on us, they could also release his ship which would most likely require Luke and R2 as pilots (not as hardware).

Just my 2 cents at least
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    @StormTro0p3R_H

My vote is for a Luke variation of some sort. He's a fan favorite, he's iconic, and R2 was just released. If they dropped Luke on us, they could also release his ship which would most likely require Luke and R2 as pilots (not as hardware).

Just my 2 cents at least

I honestly don't think hardware will be characters in any shape or form. If you notice, TIE Fighter has an engine where hardware slot is, I don't think we'll be getting an engine as a character, lol.
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Options
    SlabRankle wrote: »
    ^ And another essay.

There's some people you just don't mess with, and Mullato is one of them.

I don't have a horse in this race but the absurdity of this made me lol.

You better not offend anyone on this forum otherwise they'll post a TL/DR! That you don't even have to read! The horror!

The French love me? Don't really know where you're going with that. I'd love an explanation.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Just because you and some other people like her doesnt mean shes a fan favorite

Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she's not a fan favorite.

Nub
  • Options
    ^ And another essay.

There's some people you just don't mess with, and Mullato is one of them. I'd bring @NicWester into this, but garbage alt right propaganda is below their pay grade. Go back to Breitbart and leave Star Wars to people who believe in a better tomorrow.

Round 2 ding ding ding.

Me and mulatto go way. As a matter a fact we were having quite a laugh about a certain thread he made that got closed...ah yes good time.

But anyways..look a you and your comments there..well gaaaleeee you slinging insults all of the sudden. You sure you not mad?

Okokokok this gone be fun. You first mentioned the word "gender" now you saying alt right propaganda, Breitbart. You sound like a leftist luney. I bet you hate trump. Loved Obama, and think Hillory is a freaking Saint. You difinitly acting like them ridiculous social justice warriors that wear them masks to hide their face because they are nothing but cowards in real life going around destroying buildings cause they don't event know what they are mad about.

Yeah that's who you remind me of.

Wanna have a conversation as to why you think what I said about Padme is sooo wrong?

Or do you wanna trade insults and get you guild and friends to come help you out?

Either way is fine buy me...and I've got all day baby girl.

• Options
    giphy_11.gif
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I don't think the Galactic Republic tag is a good indicator to say the next fan favorite will be a galactic republic leader.

I think it is the precursor for a Jedi rework that is certainly up and coming, they just added it in early to make R2D2's abilities all work upon release. I think some of those reworked will have the leader ability. Having it added to clones as well makes sense considering how closely together the clones and Jedi worked.

If it was a Galactic Republic leader, it could very well be Jar Jar Binks, as he had some sway in the Galactic Republic Senate, which would make him a leader. He also had quite some buzz floating around in these forums over the last few months.

Considering that there could be any number of Galactic Republic leaders when they rework the Jedi (and/or the Clones), the next Fan Favorite/Iconic Character could be anyone from the Galactic Republic, which would include Jango Fett, who has also had quite a bit of buzz on the forums as of late.

We could also see the release of General Leia. It's not like they can code characters over night, it would take a few months to design, code and test a character before they could implement it. The time frame isn't too far off for them to release her specifically because of Carrie Fisher's death.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Davius wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Exletion wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Because this forum is mostly 30-something dudes.

I'm only 25 ;)

And some of us are old enough to be some of the other posters' father. :'(:s

"No...no. That's not true. That's impossible!"

I missed this. Well played sir.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Whats wrong with saying she looks good? Natalie portman was hot then. Is that so bad? So im a bad person cause i said she was nice to look at?
    Lol. Doubling down on sexist comments and trying to justify them at the same time - awesome.

Apparently the mods all have the morning off or slept in.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options

Lol. Doubling down on sexist comments and trying to justify them at the same time - awesome.

So if i said Natalie Portman was ugly, you think it would have triggered the same response?

People say its not 1930 its 2017. Yes what a wonderful time to be alive. Cant say someone is pretty, Hot, or easy on the eyes anymore it seems like. No, no,no you cant say that. You cant say anything because the feelyfeely my feelings get so easliy hurt so please walk on egg shells around me and dont step on my toes people of today get sooooo offended by any...little...thing someone says.

Well i say go find an island somewhere far away in the Pacific and take Amy Schumer with you all too. Let that usless bag of bones be your leader for all i care. Heck ill even provide someone a ticket free of charge.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

So if i said Natalie Portman was ugly, you think it would have triggered the same response?

People say its not 1930 its 2017. Yes what a wonderful time to be alive. Cant say someone is pretty, Hot, or easy on the eyes anymore it seems like. No, no,no you cant say that. You cant say anything because the feelyfeely my feelings get so easliy hurt so please walk on egg shells around me and dont step on my toes people of today get sooooo offended by any...little...thing someone says.

Well i say go find an island somewhere far away in the Pacific and take Amy Schumer with you all too. Let that usless bag of bones be your leader for all i care. Heck ill even provide someone a ticket free of charge.

Lol. Keep digging bro. You basically implied that her good looks was all she brought. That all she did was give birth and listened to Palp. Which is completely false. So you insult half the human race, then act offended when people suggest you're wrong.

You are right about one thing. You are entitled to your own opinion - no matter how ridiculous and discriminatory it might be. Just please stop playing the victim card and acting like you speak for more than just yourself.

This discussion has been closed.