Poe threads combined

Prev13456714
Hey everyone,

I'm combining all of the Poe threads into one. There are numerous posts about the same things over and over with regards to Poe. If you want to keep posting about the things that have already been mentioned numerous times then please do it on this thread. New threads will likely be deleted...

Thanks.
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz

Replies

• Options
    Post a video of your team beating a team that includes both of them at 7*, without having either on your team. Every time somebody asks for a nerf on one of these two, they get criticized for not having strategy or being a bad player, yet nobody ever offers any specifics on how to counter them. Nobody has actually proven that there is a strategy to beat Poe and 7* FOTP other than using the same characters. I will happily join your side and advocate that they don't need nerfs if someone actually proves that a strategy to beat them exists.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin Mace or # if you see poe attack him stun him and stop his ability and use poe yourself
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Smithie wrote: »
    Anakin Mace or # if you see poe attack him stun him and stop his ability and use poe yourself

I believe this person is mentally unstable
  • Options

Youre proving my point. The only way to beat a Poe team is to use a Poe team, making him OP.
  • Options
    Why is Poe considered OP? I'm seriously just asking, I don't get it. Lay it out for me.
  • Options
    Pangogo wrote: »

That's the best I've encountered so far, but that still isn't reliable at all. If Poe acts first, Rey and Jin can be killed before either gets a turn. This strategy is basically just hoping that Poe moves second.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/

check this out its based on speed highest speed generally go first
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have one of the best teams out there and I get beat all the time. Quit crying and get to 70. By then there will be other chars to cry about.

My team all maxed L63 with L7/8 gear: 23201 power
    Phasma
    Poe (6star)
    FOTP
    Luminara
    QGJ

I have only made it to #1 on My server 4times and I usually hover at #4.
    Post edited by Mizo on
  • Options

Actually, any character with speed of 143 or higher can go first. Read Team Instinct's guide on speed for an explanation. It's a very good read for any fan of the game.
  • Options
    Mizo wrote: »
    I have one of the best teams out there and I get beat all the time. Quit crying and get to 70. By then there will be other chars to cry about.

My team all maxed with L8 gear: 23201 power
    Phasma
    Poe (6star)
    FOTP
    Luminara
    QGJ

I have only made it to #1 on My server 4 times and I usually hover at #4.

You must not be very good at this game.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Higher the speed they go first.. Hence Dooku and Sid go first
  • Options
    Pangogo wrote: »

This did work before the recent patch - but even before this team was built people were saying Poe was OP at level 60 - but it took a while to build this team, which is the point we should still take now. Takes time to acquire toons, build them, gear them, etc.

There are others working on completely different approaches to countering this Poe build as well. I've seen some early test results that were promising enough to give hope that it can be countered, but with a completely different team approach. When the majority have hit 70 and we've had time to build different toons - this build is a monster make no mistake - then we should throw our hands up in the air at that point if nothing is working.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I'll post this here too for those who don't realize one of the big issues.

Here's what FOTP's health does as you go up each star level:
    2*: +900
    3*: +900
    4*: +900
    5*: +900
    6*: +800
    7*: +4,200
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options

Actually, any character with speed of 143 or higher can go first. Read Team Instinct's guide on speed for an explanation. It's a very good read for any fan of the game.

True - so you can overload turn 1 vs. Poe and FOTP and have a 5/6 advantage vs. Poe and kill him. Sid, Rey, Dooku, and Leia are all turn one - I could then just bring in another turn 1 toon not listed above for the 5th option. A modified version of that team linked above will for sure beat a Poe / FOTP build without using either Poe or FOTP. Now, I don't think it will be a high percentage, it will be in the neighborhood of 35-40%, but it will for sure beat that team head to head without using either. Once you kill Poe before he moves that teams is very vulnerable. Jinn is easy to kill and FOTP is slow as molassis and only hits once when he doesn't have meter help.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Yes that's bugged and needs fixed.
  • Options

That's not true. Read the guide. Actually, I'll summarize it for you. Turn meter is out of 1000 points. When a character reaches 1000, he moves. If two character reach 1000 at the same time, RNG decides who goes first. When the match starts, every character is at 0. The game adds points equal to the characters speed stat. So, Poe would be given 143 points, while Dooku would be given 161. Since nobody has 1000 yet, the game awards every character another set of points, giving Poe 286 and Dooku 322. This continues until a character reaches 1000. The fastest character tier reaches 1000 points after 7 allotments. After 7 allotments of points, Dooku is at 1127 points, while Poe is at 1001. The game uses RNG to decide who goes first. So, even though Dooku is faster than Poe they have an equal chance of moving first in a match. If Poe had 142 speed, Dooku would be guaranteed to move before Poe, because Poe would require an eighth set of points to reach 1000, but since both require seven sets of points they have an equal chance of moving.
  • Pangogo
    61 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Personally I don't think Poe should be nerfed. If you're a FTP guy (which I am) then he's your best friend....assuming he's not on the other side with higher gear and star.

The problem isn't Poe, it's the fact that it's so hard to get all these other characters to find a counter to him. I'm sure you can have plenty of different combos to beat Poe+FOTP team but it's almost impossible to farm for them.
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-KpBYMBGEY
    Anyway I think FOTP's health at 7* needs tweaking
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Options
    Dark wrote: »

Nice video good counter to Poe
  • Options

True - so you can overload turn 1 vs. Poe and FOTP and have a 5/6 advantage vs. Poe and kill him. Sid, Rey, Dooku, and Leia are all turn one - I could then just bring in another turn 1 toon not listed above for the 5th option. A modified version of that team linked above will for sure beat a Poe / FOTP build without using either Poe or FOTP. Now, I don't think it will be a high percentage, it will be in the neighborhood of 35-40%, but it will for sure beat that team head to head without using either. Once you kill Poe before he moves that teams is very vulnerable. Jinn is easy to kill and FOTP is slow as molassis and only hits once when he doesn't have meter help.

I think that is the best strategy currently available. However, what if your opponent has Rey or Dooku or Leia? In order to kill Poe before he moves, three or four of your characters have to move before him. That's improbable, but achievable. However, if your opponent has Rey, Leia, and it Dooku it's practically impossible. Leia and Rey could kill one of your characters, or Dooku could stun one or two. In order to beat the Poe team, you would need at least three characters to move before Poe AND before Rey AND before Leia AND before Dooku. If any two of these characters moves before any of your characters, you won't be left with enough firepower to kill Poe.
  • Options
    So. Let's be clear: POE CAN BE BEATEN WITH THE RIGHT COUNTER.

We just saw proof. Aka, he doesn't need a nerf.

This is clearly a bug that needs to be addressed ASAP. That said, this bug seems to be more of the anchor issue on why many Poe teams are so successful (all the successful ones are using a beefcake FOTP).

At 58, I beat a 7* Poe team at 63, no problem. It was a high damage team but did not have FOTP.

Perhaps it's not Poe at all? Just an insanely bugged FOTP?
  • Options

That's not true. Read the guide. Actually, I'll summarize it for you. Turn meter is out of 1000 points. When a character reaches 1000, he moves. If two character reach 1000 at the same time, RNG decides who goes first. When the match starts, every character is at 0. The game adds points equal to the characters speed stat. So, Poe would be given 143 points, while Dooku would be given 161. Since nobody has 1000 yet, the game awards every character another set of points, giving Poe 286 and Dooku 322. This continues until a character reaches 1000. The fastest character tier reaches 1000 points after 7 allotments. After 7 allotments of points, Dooku is at 1127 points, while Poe is at 1001. The game uses RNG to decide who goes first. So, even though Dooku is faster than Poe they have an equal chance of moving first in a match. If Poe had 142 speed, Dooku would be guaranteed to move before Poe, because Poe would require an eighth set of points to reach 1000, but since both require seven sets of points they have an equal chance of moving.

Now I see that. Maybe they shold lower slightly (1 or 2 points) Poe's speed, just to ensure fast chars (Dooku, Sid, Rey) to go first.

I don't see that making Poe useless and it would balance a bit the game.
  • Options

I think that is the best strategy currently available. However, what if your opponent has Rey or Dooku or Leia? In order to kill Poe before he moves, three or four of your characters have to move before him. That's improbable, but achievable. However, if your opponent has Rey, Leia, and it Dooku it's practically impossible. Leia and Rey could kill one of your characters, or Dooku could stun one or two. In order to beat the Poe team, you would need at least three characters to move before Poe AND before Rey AND before Leia AND before Dooku. If any two of these characters moves before any of your characters, you won't be left with enough firepower to kill Poe.

3 moving before Poe isn't improbable - should happen about 50% of the time. 3 is the min I'd need to kill him depending on other RNG factors (crits, hit order, etc.). But yes, if other faster toons are also there, that could present a problem if the defense was good at focus fire. Remember, Leia will not attacking in round 1 - she will Stealth. So she won't shoot me. Dooku in round 1 might stun me, but he won't likely kill me - I'm not running Jedi so his stun chance is low. Rey is a problem and could mess things up, but unless she got a crit and was already offense up I should be able to take her hit on a fresh toon. So really we're just talking about withstanding 2 hits there and the only poewerful one being Reys.

As I noted, this wouldn't be a high win % over 50%, but it would beat the Poe team originally in question without using Poe or FOTP.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Post a video of your team beating a team that includes both of them at 7*, without having either on your team. Every time somebody asks for a nerf on one of these two, they get criticized for not having strategy or being a bad player, yet nobody ever offers any specifics on how to counter them. Nobody has actually proven that there is a strategy to beat Poe and 7* FOTP other than using the same characters. I will happily join your side and advocate that they don't need nerfs if someone actually proves that a strategy to beat them exists.
    There's no need nerf anything games still early need wait til most playing has full 7star squads to get best intelligence on any anything this game is a time killer people all we have is time right now we're getting killed by the impatient whales who buy there way to victory and you know what that's ok we have no game without these people. The way I see things now to beat Poe teams you need Phasma lead hope for double attacks with a 7* Sid 7*geonosian soldier 7*dookoo all 3 of these will go before a 7* Poe according to charts this is for end game people were no where near that. I'm sure there's other counters as well in ending what I'm saying there's a counter for everything yes we may have to build for it and yes that takes time but that's all this game is is a great time killer
  • Options
    Let's nerf the OP instead
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    SwordsLFD wrote: »
    Why is Poe considered OP? I'm seriously just asking, I don't get it. Lay it out for me.

He is fastest toon at 70, tied with others. But he can steal turn meter. Which mean if you load up your squad with heavy hitting, fast characters, and your poe go first, you can steal turn meter to the enemy, and your whole team act first. The game is balanced sroubd the idea that each player take an action, by turns. If a side takes 5 actiobs while the other take 0, balance is broken
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So. Let's be clear: POE CAN BE BEATEN WITH THE RIGHT COUNTER.

We just saw proof. Aka, he doesn't need a nerf.

This is clearly a bug that needs to be addressed ASAP. That said, this bug seems to be more of the anchor issue on why many Poe teams are so successful (all the successful ones are using a beefcake FOTP).

At 58, I beat a 7* Poe team at 63, no problem. It was a high damage team but did not have FOTP.

Perhaps it's not Poe at all? Just an insanely bugged FOTP?

Faced a Poe, FOTP, Phasma, Kylo and Lumi team today. Got my Lumi in the 1st wave, then the opposite FOTP got healed just as he was in the red, beep! I was ready to throw in the towel, but somehow I got through with 5s and Phasma standing. I was running Phasma, Kylo, Sid, Lumi and 5s. 7 stars, lvl 63, Kylo 6, 5s 5. Almost all geared up to the max.

RNG is sometimes every thing. Luckily, it went my way today.

Edit: Enemy was 7 stars, lvl 63. At least the leader and FOTP(that extra long health bar).
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Jabba wrote: »
    7* Sid 7*geonosian soldier 7*dookoo all 3 of these will go before a 7* Poe according to charts this is for end game people were no where near that.
    All characters between speed 143 and 166 act at the same time in the first round. All of them are "turn 7" characters. Poe is as fast as anyone at lvl 70
  • Options
    Dark wrote: »

That's a Poe supported by a jc lumi Sid and phasma...

You did not read? poe is a problem because he hides huge dps and gives them first turn advantage...not he hides some healers with a phasma..

Pretty sure the op asked for video with both Poe and a high damage dealer...