Replies

• Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    Wispsi wrote: »
    Ptolemy wrote: »
    All these videos show are extremely imbalanced damage dealers like Leia and FOTP being protected by a taunt while they absolutely destroy any combination of opposing team. It could've just as easily been Royal Guard or Han protecting with that taunt. Just so happens Poe is the fastest taunter in the game so that's what they use

Leia and FOTP need to be examined

Poe is a game changer because of the TURN METER REDUCTION in combination with his speed. T

That wouldn't be an issue if there weren't characters who could single handedly dismantle an entire team with their ridiculous damage before the first turn is over. All the videos in this topic have either Leia, FOTP, or both in them. Let's see unbeatable Poe teams without those two

well it has already been pointed out leia is sub optimal, the whole point is first turn domination and she spends the first turn hiding...

but poe can hide lots of scary things, what about a sid lead with old ben/lando/ig88(or something big aoe)poe. Even if you make it past the poe with your ability blocked offense downed team you then have to somehow get lando too as i hear that guy hurts quite a bit...but that should be some serious aoe damage unloaded on the enemy before they even get to move, followed by ability block and 2 healing debuffers...

i cant test this, i am f2p so have no old ben or lando and they seem kind of key but im pretty sure it would that most teams would end up in quite a bad position after just the first turn, whilst leaving that team like 40% turn meter behind to boot.

but really its not some small isolated instance in which one or two characters do loads of damage and everybody else does none...people die really fast to loads of characters and combinations...so much that you wonder if it is a design goal to make combat that way.

Lando takes two turns to get going. FOTP, QGJ, Geonosian Soldier, and Rey only really need one to destroy most characters.

yes I know that is why ben is kind of important, hard to kill a tank with 50% less damage and ability block, much less a tank and then somebody else with some possibly very hurt characters. and with the turn meter debuff you might be letting sid get in an extra hit ahead of people too.

im just saying, having an entire team go first being quite strong isnt limited to only 2 specific individual characters. I am fairly sure this would still be quite lethal (but cannot be sure, I only have numbers in my head and they are not all from personal experience :D)

• Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, am I the only one finding it funny that he is bringing a cookie cutter team to face a synergized droid team and complaining about it on the forums?.

Show me the team that beats this without using poe
  • Options
    Tak wrote: »
    Ok, am I the only one finding it funny that he is bringing a cookie cutter team to face a synergized droid team and complaining about it on the forums?.

+1 I want to learn this too. Btw I was ranking 4, not sniping from a 20# spot. The team I used lacked turn meter manipulation, yes. That's the point. Note i didn't even hit Poe..it's just the debuff, turn mangling and expo that allows this.
    This is like playing chess and being allowed 5 moves at start, but also allowing their queen to jump his pawns, and you pawn.

Checkmate in 2!!! Yes, you could beat Any grandmaster. Sit them on tables, and as tou go around wisper Checkmate, Checkmate, Checkmate to the tune of the imperial march.
  • Will_Cocishuge
    545 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Beat this Poe / glass cannon team. Had to sacrifice heal and just take out his Poe before his Lum heal. Save my AOEs till his heal was out.
  • Options
    Didnyou have Poe too? So you reached turn 2 after all his glass canons unloaded including 2 assists or extra turns?

I have beaten Poe too with 1 or 2 glass cannons. There just not the platinum builds some of the most experienced players here discuss.
  • Options
    Tried to post picture.
  • Options
    Does this mean Poe will get nerfed soon, courtesy to the widespread hate directed towards him? If so, should I farm someone else, like fives, from cantina? (I don't have Poe yet, and have not faced a six/seven star Poe yet).
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Options
    Tried to post picture.

I use postimg.org

• Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Omnirhyze wrote: »
    Does this mean Poe will get nerfed soon, courtesy to the widespread hate directed towards him? If so, should I farm someone else, like fives, from cantina? (I don't have Poe yet, and have not faced a six/seven star Poe yet).

I wouldn't say nerf him. But I think they need to revise the game mechanics. They haven't made the math right:

Offense may give 25% up, but get's deployed spread across 5 different turns and in relation to each char damage.

The same apples to most buffs.

But eith turn meter advantages like 25% reduction being cast extremely early on, is that it allow ALL to apply for any practical purpose simultaneously for all chars, as what the opposing team faces is equivalent to an AoE stun that ALWAYS LANDS and freezes the entire enemy rightful turns.
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Try a reviving team. Seems to work annoyingly well, and I consider it to be a "troll squad".

Keystones(2): Daka and Ewok Elder (both always in squad).
    Leader(1): Your choice, I usually go with Sideous or Finn.
    DPS, Buffers/Debuffers, supplementary heals(2): any you'd like, but my preferences/suggestion are: QGJ, Rey, Obi-Wan, Luminara, Fives, Phasma.

Choice is yours, really.

For GW I usually run with Barriss (lead), QGJ (Or Obi-Wan), Ewok Elder, Daka, and Han. Yet to fail at finding a way to overcome all the Poe/FOTP/Geo Sol/Lumi squads (which happen to be about 80% of the opposing compositions nowadays).

• Options
    SinnerWill wrote: »
    Try a reviving team. Seems to work annoyingly well, and I consider it to be a "troll squad".

DPS, Buffers/Debuffers, supplementary heals(2): any you'd like, but my preferences/suggestion are: QGJ, Rey, Obi-Wan, Luminara, Fives, Phasma.

Choice is yours, really.

For GW I usually run with Barriss (lead), QGJ (Or Obi-Wan), Ewok Elder, Daka, and Han. Yet to fail at finding a way to overcome all the Poe/FOTP/Geo Sol/Lumi squads (which happen to be about 80% of the opposing compositions nowadays).

GW doesn't make sense when you are summoned into the Arena Gods guilds. Last time I played Inface 8 fight straight to Arena teams. If topnarena teams can only barrely be beaten with your best ever most advanced squad...and most of the time both teams end up decimated....the GW just proposes beating 8 in a row........lol

• SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Choice is yours, really.

GW doesn't make sense when you are summoned into the Arena Gods guilds. Last time I played Inface 8 fight straight to Arena teams. If topnarena teams can only barrely be beaten with your best ever most advanced squad...and most of the time both teams end up decimated....the GW just proposes beating 8 in a row........lol

First batch of suggestions is my arena teams. Multiple heroes for the situation. 2 are permanent.
    7-starring elder was my greatest earn so-far. He's worth it.

2nd batch is my GW.
  • Options
    @Preemo_Magin So it IS safe to farm him via cantina shipments? I don't want to spend hundreds of cantina credits just for a severely weakened toon lol.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Options
    Omnirhyze wrote: »
    @Preemo_Magin So it IS safe to farm him via cantina shipments? I don't want to spend hundreds of cantina credits just for a severely weakened toon lol.

No it's not safe :-)

• Will_Cocishuge
    545 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hope this pic loads. But my cookie cutter beating Poe in 15-20 rank

Ugh.. Maybe it's my iPhone I can't post pic.

http://s27.postimg.org/j02pa758j/image.png
  • Options
    All these videos show are extremely imbalanced damage dealers like Leia and FOTP being protected by a taunt while they absolutely destroy any combination of opposing team. It could've just as easily been Royal Guard or Han protecting with that taunt. Just so happens Poe is the fastest taunter in the game so that's what they use

Poe is a game changer because of the TURN METER REDUCTION in combination with his speed. T

That wouldn't be an issue if there weren't characters who could single handedly dismantle an entire team with their ridiculous damage before the first turn is over. All the videos in this topic have either Leia, FOTP, or both in them. Let's see unbeatable Poe teams without those two

I think the screens just above your post illustrate this is not the case
    Poe + Poggle + Droids is equally savage
    Poe + Poggle + Sid + IGG + _____ (AOE team) is also vicious
    Geo is frankly superior to Leia anyway, and Rey probably too, at least on defence
    I totally agree that damage is totally out of balance in the game as a whole. But at least if Poe loses meter reduction, you can counter them when attacking with stuns, kills(they are glass cannons after all, bar bugged FOTP)
    Currently, there is NO reliable or even semi reliable counter to a Poe + Poggle + Droids team, or Poe + Geo,Leia,QGJ, Rey, FOTP etc team other than Poe himself, leading to the coinflip meta. At least if his meter reduction is replaced with something like a defence up or even speed up to his team, there are counters. That is much easier than trying to balance the overall damage/health ratio, which will take much longer

• Will_Cocishuge
    545 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Anyways sorry for multi post. But I beat Poe teams w/out Poe on my squad. Sometimes I lose which is OK, would be no challenge if I won every time. Yes Poe will get taunt off and I can never heal block him. To win I have to take out Poe before his Lumi or Bariss heal which typically means I sacrifice my Lumi and Poggie by using upped (Poggie) Force Blast from Lumi instead of heal. By then I get off a Vader AOE and dots stack up. I use my Sid AOE for his 2nd hit and use 3rd power single special from Kylo which usually will wipe out their Lumi. I am usually left with a dying Vader, near full Sid from all the death heals and a very dangerous Kylo who counters all vs my opponent's remaining 3. Goes down to wire for win. This is 15-20 range is my landing area currently. I get top 7is but lose spots by end. I sometimes use one 50c refill to regain position.

Is Poe OP? Maybe.. He is in 80% top teams but Sid/Lumi are in more. His expose has connected & caused me to lose Kylo/Poggie before I have a chance to move them; which if that happened all the time I would be Furious however that is small %. He dodges which is annoying as F. My heal block from Sid/Kylo never lands (ever). I would say he is a powerful hero to use and a reduction in (expose) or ( tenacity) would be a minor correction that would make world of difference. If you do not take out Poe 1st round you finally get a turn you lost majority of time. If he gets healed and round 2 comes your team is crippled. Poe sucks past first 2 rounds if he survives. For me fighting Poe team it's like I have to sacrifice my Queen for his Horse in chess so I can use my positioning to win battle.
    I get one Poggie buff & one Lumi blast and they are done. No Lumi heal. But I have a pumped up Vader/Sid/Kylo with AOEs to burn.
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Geo is frankly superior to Leia anyway, and Rey probably too, at least on defence
    I totally agree that damage is totally out of balance in the game as a whole. But at least if Poe loses meter reduction, you can counter them when attacking with stuns, kills(they are glass cannons after all, bar bugged FOTP)
    Currently, there is NO reliable or even semi reliable counter to a Poe + Poggle + Droids team, or Poe + Geo,Leia,QGJ, Rey, FOTP etc team other than Poe himself, leading to the coinflip meta. At least if his meter reduction is replaced with something like a defence up or even speed up to his team, there are counters. That is much easier than trying to balance the overall damage/health ratio, which will take much longer

Dispel his taunt, burst him down (he's not that sturdy if you're not using attacks with debuffs for him to resist), or have an AoE offense down debuffer (IG-100, Obi-Wan). Or... Dooku Lightning his bum if you're so afraid of his taunt.
  • Options

What's the current damage/health ratio?
  • Ptolemy
    105 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Dispel his taunt, burst him down (he's not that sturdy if you're not using attacks with debuffs for him to resist), or have an AoE offense down debuffer (IG-100, Obi-Wan). Or... Dooku Lightning his bum if you're so afraid of his taunt.

Dooku ties Poe. So 50% do go first. On top of that Stun is 40%, and while Dookus potency is good so is Poes tenacity. So that works out at about a 20% chance to work. Nice strat

All the other proposals are simply irrelevant and missing the point. The taunt itself is fine, the immediate turn meter reduction is the issue. If you had read a few previous posts this would have been clear.

@pay2win Well i dont think there is a solid ratio, i just mean the general balance between the health and damage of toons
  • Options
    @Ptolemy

I personally don't believe there is an imbalance in HP and damage across the board. However, there a few that deal way to much. QGJ calls an ally for 75%+ damage. Geonosian Soldier is fast with an ally assist on a low cool down ability. FOTP hits 3 times frequently and has high HP. Leia hits multiple times. Rey hits multiple times. There really isn't any other attackers in the same class as these guys.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @pay2win I-88 will deal 5k per person if not more. Buffed it's close to 8k. IG-86 can deal 8k and call an assist. You don't want him buffed - you can kiss any char good bye. Do I want them nerfed? Resistance apilot or Biggs can also eliminate any char that has crit by Sid's AoE.

What is the purpose of a 5 cooldown on Barris heal or Lumi's 4 if fight end right after or even before turn 1?

I am not complaining - Well, a bit maybe. But damage is growing faster that HP as the synergy amplifies, and it will be getting even worst.
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    @Ptolemy

I personally don't believe there is an imbalance in HP and damage across the board. However, there a few that deal way to much. QGJ calls an ally for 75%+ damage. Geonosian Soldier is fast with an ally assist on a low cool down ability. FOTP hits 3 times frequently and has high HP. Leia hits multiple times. Rey hits multiple times. There really isn't any other attackers in the same class as these guys.

Your right that those guys are the top tier, but even the ones below them are capable of huge hits. IG86/88,Resistance pilot, Biggs, Greedo,maul, luke are all easily capable of taking half most chars hp in one move(so 2hitko). We just dont see them used at max gear much because they are not as good as the top tier, but there will always be stronger chars, while an overall theme of high single damage chars being able to drop opponent chars in a couple of hits is an issue imo
  • Options
    I have 7* IG-88 and 86.. normally i play Nightsister + Lumi Squad but i get angry because of this bunch of Phasma - FOTP Squads.. so i started to build up Droid Team + Poggle nearly to 6* + HK 5* and Poe 4* :(

Will take some time until this team is rdy.. but the frustration with my nightsister team Asaij 7*, Initiate 7*, Talia 7*, Daka7* is very high..
  • Options
    @speZialiZt I am so sorry about that. Yes, in Arena you can't use slow chars. You have tonuse exactly what CG decided is the only 2 or 3 thinks that dominates. By the time you finish your team you target setup will have been nerfed. Hopefully you nightsister will become OP at one point. Maybe next week or in 2018.
  • Ilza
    67 posts Member
    Options

The droid team is slow enough that if you stack enough turn-7 characters you should often get ~2 attacks before Poe taunts to take out at least one of the squishy droids if not both. Even excluding chromium only you can run Sid, Dooku, Geo, Rey and Hoth rebel Scout.

The issue is that even this team has a ~17% of straight up losing because Poe went first and another ~17% where they only get one attack before Poe and dont manage to take out anyone.
  • Options
    @Ptolemy, Dooku doesn't tie Poe for first turn, does he? I've never seen a Poe with full turn-meter by the time a 161 Speed Dooku gets first turn.
  • Options
    @Ptolemy, Dooku doesn't tie Poe for first turn, does he? I've never seen a Poe with full turn-meter by the time a 161 Speed Dooku gets first turn.

He does when fully geared, hits 143 speed which is juuuuust enough to get there in 7 turns, while dooku gets there easily but still needs 7. Almost funny really, 1 less speed and Poe would be much more counterable.
  • Options
    Ilza wrote: »

The droid team is slow enough that if you stack enough turn-7 characters you should often get ~2 attacks before Poe taunts to take out at least one of the squishy droids if not both. Even excluding chromium only you can run Sid, Dooku, Geo, Rey and Hoth rebel Scout.

The issue is that even this team has a ~17% of straight up losing because Poe went first and another ~17% where they only get one attack before Poe and dont manage to take out anyone.

Yes, it's a race to the fastest of the fastest. I could lead with QGJ and bring only fast Jedi's too and take iut the worst offender QGJ. Zero defense later.

• Options
    Here is my fight against a squad with: Poe, FOTP, Phasma, Ben, FO Officer. It got harder than expected once I could't remove Poe's taunt in the 1st round. I usually do it with Qui-Gon's Humbling Blow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdIQeUSBz1A
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me