Poe threads combined

Replies

• Options
    Drop the DPS on FOTP, Geo Sol, QGJ, Leia, IG-86 to be appropriate to their speed and survivability (namely HP), and you won't see any issue with Poe. Poe is not the problem, honestly. It's the fact that all the huge-hitting culprits happen to also have high-spectrum speed and solid survivability as well. Poe is simply the mechanism behind which these characters are getting to mass assault first.

If Phasma (or any other unit with a turn-order manipulation, be it positive for their team or negative for the enemy team) had Poe's speed, everyone calling for Poe to be nerfed would likely just be calling for Phasma to be nerfed. Any way, my point is that even without Poe, the same culprits responsible for the meta PvP crisis right now (the actual OHKO on full-health maxed out tanks like Fives and Obi-Wan) are still the real issue, and will continue to be until they're balanced.

You want an example of what's intended to be a "glass-cannon"? Look at Cad Bane's and IG-88's stats. Those are what the game intends to be considered a glass cannon.
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    Alecation wrote: »
    I want to see someone beat a team with poe, fotp, leia, sidious, phasma

fotp just has dmg,is strong but at 70 is not that strong, kylo does almost same dmg
    poe just brings too much to the table with fast speed and turn meter reduction + taunt + expose

Kylo doesn't do the same damage as FOTP. Outrage requires Kylo to be under 50% health to put out a good amount of damage.

Yeah, Kylo doesn't live up to the hype. Now I'm just hoping that Poe will get nerfed before the next character update, so that we can actually have real battles that aren't decided by a coin flip before the next OP character is introduced to sell packs

You're probably playing Kylo wrong? With Phasma and FO Officer?
    Maybe some characters are best if when in a group. Like 88 and Vader.

It's really not fair to say bad if you don't have the right group.

• Options

fotp just has dmg,is strong but at 70 is not that strong, kylo does almost same dmg
    poe just brings too much to the table with fast speed and turn meter reduction + taunt + expose

Kylo doesn't do the same damage as FOTP. Outrage requires Kylo to be under 50% health to put out a good amount of damage.

Yeah, Kylo doesn't live up to the hype. Now I'm just hoping that Poe will get nerfed before the next character update, so that we can actually have real battles that aren't decided by a coin flip before the next OP character is introduced to sell packs

You're probably playing Kylo wrong? With Phasma and FO Officer?
    Maybe some characters are best if when in a group. Like 88 and Vader.

It's really not fair to say bad if you don't have the right group.

I was expecting Kylo to be in the meta in any team, like Sidious, because he was $100 and looked great on paper. So if you had lower expectations, he may "live up to the hype"
  • Options
    Today i had a battle against so with 2k less power and I lost 6* daka and councelor + 7* lumi before even having a single action. Why? Poe ofc... This guy is too fast and turnmeter removement is just op. Poe = instalose, that's boring.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My level 65 QGJ with 10khp and 1400dmg just got offense up on his humbling blow same as Poggle's for all allies. People will be crying nerf of that soon. So I'll be dispelling Poe's taunt and all his buffs with a 6k strike and giving offense up to my team for two turns.. Lights out opponent.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mizo wrote: »
    My level 65 QGJ with 10khp and 1400dmg just got offense up on his humbling blow same as Poggle's for all allies. People will be crying nerf of that soon. So I'll be dispelling Poe's taunt and all his buffs with a 6k strike and giving offense up to my team for two turns.. Lights out opponent.

I've thought QGJ should be nerfed for weeks. His abilities are WAY out of line compared to any other similar character. (What other character with an assist has it on that short a cooldown with a guaranteed +75% boost to the assisting attack? Ludicrous.) Not to mention how easily he can offense up a team.
    The only thing that keeps him barely manageable is that he's a Jedi.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

I've thought QGJ should be nerfed for weeks. His abilities are WAY out of line compared to any other similar character. (What other character with an assist has it on that short a cooldown with a guaranteed +75% boost to the assisting attack? Ludicrous.) Not to mention how easily he can offense up a team.
    The only thing that keeps him barely manageable is that he's a Jedi.

If QGJ gets slowed down a bit he will be fine. That'll give Dooku, Bane, or Maul a chance to stun or kill him, but if he gets a turn he will still be great. Also, cool downs don't currently matter because the DPS/health ratio causes battles to be over before anything cools down.
  • Options

If QGJ gets slowed down a bit he will be fine. That'll give Dooku, Bane, or Maul a chance to stun or kill him, but if he gets a turn he will still be great. Also, cool downs don't currently matter because the DPS/health ratio causes battles to be over before anything cools down.

Probably true. They mostly matter for GW and PvE but that's not the areas where people are concerned about characters being overpowered. Although some characters have a cooldown as short as 1 missed turn which can sometimes be useful in arena
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    lol just make all chars with same stats and abilities. All these crying people make me lol. Hopefully Devs pay no attention.
  • Options
    Plasmaj wrote: »

Probably true. They mostly matter for GW and PvE but that's not the areas where people are concerned about characters being overpowered. Although some characters have a cooldown as short as 1 missed turn which can sometimes be useful in arena

What character has a 1 turn cooldown? I need to add him to my GW!
  • Options
    Better lucky than good.

IMG_5501.png

IMG_5502.png

• Options
    lol just make all chars with same stats and abilities. All these crying people make me lol. Hopefully Devs pay no attention.

Straw man.
  • Options
    Better lucky than good.

IMG_5501.png

IMG_5502.png

Look at that!! The "unbeatable" OP team getting beaten.

This post is a total joke. Stop the nonsense nerf complains already.

You know what's all this about? Is about people with maxed out toons and teams, and people who doesn't.
    This is about people who complain about other people because they spent more money and can't beat their teams.
    Tell you what, this is how the game works. You'll get there eventually since you don't want to spend so much money or you didn't have the same luck opening packs.

Stop asking for nerfs just because you haven't got that toon, or because yours is not as maxed as others'.
    It's pretty childish and unfair for others.
    Plus, it's obvious that those "unbeatable" teams are pretty beatable.
  • Options
    Better lucky than good, Part 2.
    One character knocked out before having a chance to move, but it still worked out.
    IMG_5503.png
    IMG_5504.png
    Note that I said lucky not good. FOTP and Leia just need their bugs fixed (FOTP stats switch and triple-shot, and Leia's bug if any), and then they will not be OP.
  • Options
    I have come to the realization that the FOTP is working correctly. My FOTP is at 3*, very far from being useful. After thinking about the only efficient way to get FOTP to 7*s is to spend money. These characters you pay to get maxed out are usually quite impressive, especially when you have to buy many chromium packs. I wonder how many packs it takes. This is why at 6* to 7* FOTP stats appear to be messed up, but they are not. I have not seen any EA people mention anything about FOTP being bugged or OP. One hit kills are here to stay. I am guessing there will be more in the future. Teams of one hit kill characters: FOTP, Rey, Leia and Yoda on the horizon. Toss in Phasma or Darth Disious as leader... Arena matches will last 1 or 2 rounds against these teams.
    Bye Forums.
  • Wildcats1203
    781 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have come to the realization that the FOTP is working correctly. My FOTP is at 3*, very far from being useful. After thinking about the only efficient way to get FOTP to 7*s is to spend money. These characters you pay to get maxed out are usually quite impressive, especially when you have to buy many chromium packs. I wonder how many packs it takes. This is why at 6* to 7* FOTP stats appear to be messed up, but they are not. I have not seen any EA people mention anything about FOTP being bugged or OP. One hit kills are here to stay. I am guessing there will be more in the future. Teams of one hit kill characters: FOTP, Rey, Leia and Yoda on the horizon. Toss in Phasma or Darth Disious as leader... Arena matches will last 1 or 2 rounds against these teams.

The 7* health is definitely a glitch because it causes the agility to go down
  • stupidfatfool
    715 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Pictures speak 1000 words, so I'm creating a thread to commemorate those memorable moments when you fought the all-powerful Poe, FOTP, Leia, etc. etc.
    Only rules are that you post a screencap of when the match starts, so we know you're not vastly under- or over- leveled/geared/starred, and another screencap of when you it is clear you are losing or winning the battle.

To kick it off, I present to you the "Poe-Han-two-taunter-seems-like-a-great-idea-but-isn't-scenario":

IMG_5506.png
    IMG_5507.png
  • Options
    Thank you mod for moving a thread about Poe/FOTP both winning and losing into a thread calling for nerf for Poe and FOTP.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Poe still needs at adjustment, it will happen only a matter of time
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

• Options
    All I'm seeing is a very particular well synergized 'wallet warrior' team that 99.99% of people playing can't evne build.

The problem isn't Poe.

It's everyone expecting to beat a $2k+++ team w/o making the same investment.

Get over it. Poe is fine. FOTP is bugged and will be fixed.

There are tons of characters still incoming. I suspect Yoda and/or Palpatine will have something to say about the current meta.

Most importantly, there will ALWAYS be a meta. Deal with it. With or without Poe, the meta will still ALWAYS be a coin flip. Sorry, meta vs meta = coin flip... Doesn't matter.

Good luck.

So you want to play a game where there is no skill or strategy involved? Every match is a coin flip for which Poe goes first. Is that seriously fun to people?

So you want to play a game where there is no skill or strategy involved? Every match is a coin flip for which Poe goes first. Is that seriously fun to people?[/quote]

So the game before Poe was a strategy and skill game :D:D. The AI is incredibly stupid, instead of 100% free wins, now there is some rng involved. Deal with it. There are photos on here where non-poe teams beat higher-tier poe teams with dps.
  • Options
    Tak wrote: »
    Poe still needs at adjustment, it will happen only a matter of time

thank you mr. obvious. whoever states that for the millionth time gets a wine colored award.

• Options
    AKK889 wrote: »
    Better lucky than good.

IMG_5501.png

IMG_5502.png

Look at that!! The "unbeatable" OP team getting beaten.

This post is a total joke. Stop the nonsense nerf complains already.

You know what's all this about? Is about people with maxed out toons and teams, and people who doesn't.
    This is about people who complain about other people because they spent more money and can't beat their teams.
    Tell you what, this is how the game works. You'll get there eventually since you don't want to spend so much money or you didn't have the same luck opening packs.

Stop asking for nerfs just because you haven't got that toon, or because yours is not as maxed as others'.
    It's pretty childish and unfair for others.
    Plus, it's obvious that those "unbeatable" teams are pretty beatable.

Totally agreed.

Thank you
  • Options

So the game before Poe was a strategy and skill game :D:D. The AI is incredibly stupid, instead of 100% free wins, now there is some rng involved. Deal with it. There are photos on here where non-poe teams beat higher-tier poe teams with dps.

DPS + Speed. u can get it with Geonosian soldier, poggle, hoth rebel scout, dooku, and a few others. holy macoroni, they are all farmable!!!!!! stop the singing! blame it on the rain!

Ai is bad. but good because many not smart people play. i think 90% of complainers still use Auto to fight Arena. Kinda like aUtO, then come back from pizza break, and wow, lost! then go to 24/7 open on forum computer and complain. So is life as a gamer want to be.

• Options

DPS + Speed. u can get it with Geonosian soldier, poggle, hoth rebel scout, dooku, and a few others. holy macoroni, they are all farmable!!!!!! stop the singing! blame it on the rain!

Ai is bad. but good because many not smart people play. i think 90% of complainers still use Auto to fight Arena. Kinda like aUtO, then come back from pizza break, and wow, lost! then go to 24/7 open on forum computer and complain. So is life as a gamer want to be.

How you doing today good dwg sir.
  • Options
    So the game never used to be skillful enough for your liking so suddenly coinflips are fine? Absurd stats are fine? Stale metas with very few viable characters are fine?

What is with this childish attitude some people have where they try and characterise any and all criticism as crying or whining. It's this bizarre attempt at shaming seemingly done so to shield the game from any chance at improvement.
  • Options
    Findec wrote: »
    So the game never used to be skillful enough for your liking so suddenly coinflips are fine? Absurd stats are fine? Stale metas with very few viable characters are fine?

What is with this childish attitude some people have where they try and characterise any and all criticism as crying or whining. It's this bizarre attempt at shaming seemingly done so to shield the game from any chance at improvement.

Never skillful for my liking? I never complained, and I have no problem dealing with p2p poe teams as a 100% f2p team. Of course I lose some, but the majority of times I dont. This game is rng based, most games like this are. Let me guess, you made the wrong character choices and you're getting completely owned right?

It's funny how before Poe came out people were whining about how the ai was so easy, and it was extremely rare to lose on offense, and now that it got harder to win on offense the crying has been non-stop. You miss those 100% win rates don't you? I guess you prefer a game where it's practically impossible to get a win on defense.
  • Options

Never skillful for my liking? I never complained, and I have no problem dealing with p2p poe teams as a 100% f2p team. Of course I lose some, but the majority of times I dont. This game is rng based, most games like this are. Let me guess, you made the wrong character choices and you're getting completely owned right?

It's funny how before Poe came out people were whining about how the ai was so easy, and it was extremely rare to lose on offense, and now that it got harder to win on offense the crying has been non-stop. You miss those 100% win rates don't you? I guess you prefer a game where it's practically impossible to get a win on defense.
  • Options

Meta versus meta is always a coinflip. Imagine a team of Sid/QGJ/Rey/Geo/Leia (no Poe mind you) vs Sid/Dooku/Geo/Leia/FOTP

Whoever's Sid/Rey/Geo/Leia/Dooku moves first that matchup will most likely win. They need to completely overhaul the speed system rather than nerf individual characters.

If Dooku with the highest speed attribute actually moved before every character all the time, it would be completely resolved.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    That comparison isn't terribly valid. Dooku going first can, at best, stun two of your characters. The odds of this are 1 in 3 if the primary target is a Jedi and 1 in 6 otherwise. Usually he just damages one guy and that's it.
    Poe going first will cause all of your characters to essentially lose their first turns, on top of exposing usually at least half of them AND preventing you from targeting enemy glass cannons. He's substantially more powerful, it's not even close.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.