Need Advice- and only specific advise

2Milly_htowm
215 posts Member
edited February 2016
I need good advice here from only people who know how to help- i dont want any comments that are off topic

I have 6k cantina creds. Thats enough to get a 4*.
I am currently farming luke in scb. Hes almost 5*. Biggs is almost 4* and i want him at 5. Ive almost unlucked ackbar and i have enough to get him to 5*.

Since u can tell im making a rebel team, obviously for the future, i want to know about HOTH REBEL SCOUT
I hear he has great speed, good damage, but lower health. Thing is thats every rebel. In the long run i may get Han but thats another story and WAY into the future.

Pretty much this is my vision for the kinda near future:
Option 1:
Ackbar (L)
Luke
Biggs
Hoth Rebel Scout
Lumi/sid

Option 2:
Ackbar
Luke
Biggs
Sid
Lumi

I know lumi doesnt have synergy with them, but shes too good and i dont have a 5th rebel until han.

So here is the question or issue i need help with

Should i get Hoth Rebel Scout and make him the 4th rebel? He would have enough speed to make him faster than most Sids with ackbar at lead

If not, should i go for poe or han? i know poe is kinda OP at the moment, but with that speed boost han could be an offensive player too.

If not poe or HRS, then who? i have 5* CT fives, 2* asohka, 4* poe, and i dont have daka

Note: i dont want QGJ because he wouldnt be leader and if hes not leader he'll get beat up

Replies

• Options
    Poe is pretty much required in a glass canon line up, otherwise, he's not too big of a threat. QGJ is amazing in all line ups, so he's pretty future proof. If you don't go for Poe you need him.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    Poe is pretty much required in a glass canon line up, otherwise, he's not too big of a threat. QGJ is amazing in all line ups, so he's pretty future proof. If you don't go for Poe you need him.

Only problem is i only have JC and Lumi as jedi, so he wouldnt be doing much
  • Options

Only problem is i only have JC and Lumi as jedi, so he wouldnt be doing much

QJ is much more than his leader ability. He can call assist, strip buffs, give buffs etc. QJ is a great all around toon with a lot of utility in any group.

• Options
    I have a 6* gear 8 Hoth Rebel Scout. I love this dude, he is first turn speed material, only being outsped by g8 Dooku/Leia, his basic crits for about 4.2k and his special for a little under 6k, he has massive turn meter manipulation with his basic, and his special also gives him another turn if it crits, with a 40% chance to stun. I love him and the only reason he's not 7* is cause I get distracted and farmed like 5 different Cantina shipment characters lol.

With that being said. I also have a 6* gear 8 Ackbar, and a 6* gear 7 Biggs.

DO NOT GET BIGGS! He's a waste of time as of now. His special crits for barely 3k, and his basic hits for barely 2k crits.

Ackbar is good, hits harder than Biggs, but there are a few problems with Ackbar

1) His leader bonus does not apply until after a character takes their first turn, meaning that Hoth Scout will be faster than others AFTER his first turn.

2) His "It's A Trap" ability is bugged and does not currently remove healing immunity

3) The poor AI in this game will not use Ackbar well. They will always use the "It's A Trap" ability to heal the team even if there is no debuffs on your team. They will also use it to remove the healing immunity which it can not do.

tl;dr - Don't get Biggs, Hoth Scout is good in or out of a rebels team, and Ackbar is bugged
  • Options
    I have a 6* gear 8 Hoth Rebel Scout. I love this dude, he is first turn speed material, only being outsped by g8 Dooku/Leia, his basic crits for about 4.2k and his special for a little under 6k, he has massive turn meter manipulation with his basic, and his special also gives him another turn if it crits, with a 40% chance to stun. I love him and the only reason he's not 7* is cause I get distracted and farmed like 5 different Cantina shipment characters lol.

With that being said. I also have a 6* gear 8 Ackbar, and a 6* gear 7 Biggs.

DO NOT GET BIGGS! He's a waste of time as of now. His special crits for barely 3k, and his basic hits for barely 2k crits.

Ackbar is good, hits harder than Biggs, but there are a few problems with Ackbar

1) His leader bonus does not apply until after a character takes their first turn, meaning that Hoth Scout will be faster than others AFTER his first turn.

2) His "It's A Trap" ability is bugged and does not currently remove healing immunity

3) The poor AI in this game will not use Ackbar well. They will always use the "It's A Trap" ability to heal the team even if there is no debuffs on your team. They will also use it to remove the healing immunity which it can not do.

tl;dr - Don't get Biggs, Hoth Scout is good in or out of a rebels team, and Ackbar is bugged

Thanks for the help! I had no idea biggs sucks. He needs like 1 more shipment till 4 stars and then i guess ill go for lumi. And im sure theyll fix ackbar but its good to know Hoth Rebel Scouts a good toon. Ill make sure i invest in him. Hopefully luke is still good and they buff biggs soon
  • Options
    Well a rebel team isn't the worst thing in the world, but you'll be somewhat behind everyone who goes with the powerhouse builds.

Biggs is pretty bad. The rest are capable, but not amazing, even with strong synergy. I've heard Hoth Scout is good, but you're missing out on two of the premium heroes in Poe and QGJ. I really hate to burst your bubble... If you want the theme team, you'll be behind. And by that, I mean that Luke and Biggs will get blasted off the table before they get a turn once you face top 20 - 30 teams
  • Options
    I like your idea with Ackbar and Stormtrooper Han. If they ever fix the turn 1 speed glitch, that could be a very viable team.

I have a guy in my arena that runs Poe and Stormtrooper Han together, both 7*. It's really frustrating to fight against because you are giving the other team so much meter when attacking Han. It would go better if you could get Old Ben obviously.
  • Options
    Don't know if you know but Ackbar is like QGJ in Arena = his leader skill doesn't work. So your rebels won't benefit from that. If you are going for GW, that is different thing.
    But tbh i think that this team is pretty slow, and now with all that Poes, there is a chance that you won't get a turn before you are whiped out. Don't get me wrong - I am admirer of the rebel team, but I think that right now it is not their time. In the future - who knows.
    And one more thing - Han is not good enough. He is slow and has very low HP.
  • Options
    @Vader_Be_Hatin This is up your alley
    Creator of Dutch Bier Alliance [DBA] - Come and join if you're Dutch. More casual/low level? Come join Dutch Bier Alliance Academy [DBAA]