Replies

• ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    That is Thrawn
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind both Kallus and Thrawn. That said, I'd rather see Kallus, being he was more of a fighter, and Thrawn was more of a strategist.

Just makes more sense in the short term to me.
  • Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    @c3pe0n agree about Rex, but he was sitting on the bench for a while, until people found out again he is good against maul meta. On other hand he's farmable, not chaze that is not (considering hard node / ship shipments is ridiculous).

And yes, please nerf Rey!!! :p

Oh please STOP. You can get Baze for free. Just save crystals and refresh the node once per day.
  • Options
    Klocko wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind both Kallus and Thrawn. That said, I'd rather see Kallus, being he was more of a fighter, and Thrawn was more of a strategist.

Just makes more sense in the short term to me.

Well Kallus would be a good attacker.

While Thrawn would be an impressive support.
  • Options
    I love how ppl consider themselves Star wars fans because they've seen all the movies, then they're all like "Who's Thrawn" lol... it's great you like the movies, but that doesn't automatically make you a fan...

So I'm not a fan because I haven't seen Rebels?? How high and mighty of you...

I haven't seen rebels myself so was not referring to the cartoon. It's great you like the movies, I'm sure you like hundreds of movies, doesn't mean you should call yourself a fan of each. Imo, to be a fan of anything, you go beyond what was originally offered. Whatever that medium may be.
  • Options
    I love how ppl consider themselves Star wars fans because they've seen all the movies, then they're all like "Who's Thrawn" lol... it's great you like the movies, but that doesn't automatically make you a fan...

I haven't seen rebels myself so was not referring to the cartoon. It's great you like the movies, I'm sure you like hundreds of movies, doesn't mean you should call yourself a fan of each. Imo, to be a fan of anything, you go beyond what was originally offered. Whatever that medium may be.

Hear hear. You're not a fan because you just like a movie. You're a fan when you start reading graphic novels, watch cartoons, buy novels, etc. as you enjoy the series as a whole.
  • Options
    EA_jesse:
    "Transmission Incoming"
    https://twitter.com/Darokaz

Note the Fulcrum symbol turning red. This is the same as:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqnMQ963vzg
    at the 20s mark, the scrambling of the Fulcrum machine frequency matches it almost identically.

Don't cash in your chips yet. It could still be adult Ahsoka.

@Barhebraeus supposedly CG is limited to season 3 of Rebels. I finally ended up watching it btw. The episodes with Sabine training with the Darksaber and returning home were by far my favorite. (The end of the one with Kenobi was good too.)

Hey GC!! I agree those were great episodes!! It would be great, indeed, if they introduced Thrawn. I'm only holding out a small hope for Ahsoka since she's not just a Rebels character, and hence--like R2--may have looser parameters for in-game release than the strictly Rebels characters ... and also because one of my shardmates insists that it's going to be an OP adult Ahsoka owing to a source of his who "is close to the devs" ... he also advises to save up 150 Stun Cuffs ... we'll see. I'm just looking forward to new content and the new game mode, whatever that may be. How's the GK grind going on your end? 10 more HAATs and I'll finally have him unlocked!! :-)
  • Options
    Just throwing this in the debate ring. Ep VI Luke force chokes 2 gamorean guards at Jabbas palace...
  • Options
    EA_jesse:
    "Transmission Incoming"
    https://twitter.com/Darokaz

Note the Fulcrum symbol turning red. This is the same as:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqnMQ963vzg
    at the 20s mark, the scrambling of the Fulcrum machine frequency matches it almost identically.

Don't cash in your chips yet. It could still be adult Ahsoka.

@Barhebraeus supposedly CG is limited to season 3 of Rebels. I finally ended up watching it btw. The episodes with Sabine training with the Darksaber and returning home were by far my favorite. (The end of the one with Kenobi was good too.)

Hey GC!! I agree those were great episodes!! It would be great, indeed, if they introduced Thrawn. I'm only holding out a small hope for Ahsoka since she's not just a Rebels character, and hence--like R2--may have looser parameters for in-game release than the strictly Rebels characters ... and also because one of my shardmates insists that it's going to be an OP adult Ahsoka owing to a source of his who "is close to the devs" ... he also advises to save up 150 Stun Cuffs ... we'll see. I'm just looking forward to new content and the new game mode, whatever that may be. How's the GK grind going on your end? 10 more HAATs and I'll finally have him unlocked!! :-)

Your shardmate will be surprized when its really the Grand Admiral
  • Options
    My post is not a direct attack or response to yours, but it's in the spirit of.

Some people are just "movie fans", while some are fans of the whole in-universe, and a sub-set of them are fans of just selective portions of the whole in-universe.

I have watched all 12 movies, Clones Wars (1.0 and 2.0), and Rebels. The only thing lacking in my fan-cred IMO, is that I haven't watched the 80s Droids and Ewok cartoon series in their entirety. I'm sure I watched a few eps as a kid, but I don't remember them. I have some modern comics, read approx. 13 of the EU novels from the 90s, and have several video games ranging from the old NES and PC, 2 FX Lightsabers, and of course a few hundred figures.

I'm sure there's going to be a few on this message board alone, who feels I'm just a casual fan; whereas a few will feel I'm a super-nerd.

It's truly hard to define fans of a franchise this big. I'm also as big a fan of Star Trek and Transformers. Then there's several "smaller" franchises that I love as well.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    While I love Thrawn, I really hate to see him fighting with fists. He is admiral and brilliant mind, not a fighter. this looks not very smart.
    I also reeeeaaly doubt they'd add this Kallus:
    1. First, he is definitely not 'fan favourite'.
    2. The symbol indeed turned red, so the transmission was not from Kallus.
    3. And the last, do we really need another rebel? C'mon!
  • Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    Just throwing this in the debate ring. Ep VI Luke force chokes 2 gamorean guards at Jabbas palace...

And some ppl are surprised when I say Force Choke is NOT a Dark Side Force power :)

Of course its not a dark side power.... any force user can do it.

But if your force choking someone you are on a path towards the dark side.
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    While I love Thrawn, I really hate to see him fighting with fists. He is admiral and brilliant mind, not a fighter. this looks not very smart.

You should probably read the new Thrawn book..... by Thrawns creator.

He definately knows hand to hand combat.... likely from being in the Chiss Military
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    @c3pe0n agree about Rex, but he was sitting on the bench for a while, until people found out again he is good against maul meta. On other hand he's farmable, not chaze that is not (considering hard node / ship shipments is ridiculous).

And yes, please nerf Rey!!! :p

Oh please STOP. You can get Baze for free. Just save crystals and refresh the node once per day.
    Yes u are right, crystals are cheap!!! So u can sim 6 times and get zero shards!! It all depends about rng.

Just put him at a decent shipments where u can be sure how many shards u are buying and not gamble like in a cassino.

• Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Spyda wrote: »
    Anakin was not the chosen one, nor did he bring any semblance of balance to the force. Rebels Season 3 reveals that Luke Skywalker is the one the Prophecy was referring to. And based upon the teaser for Episode 8, I'd say he's probably going to try and bring back the Grey Order by reuniting the light and the dark sides

That grey force stuff sounds kind of like what happened on Mortis in The Clone Wars series, trying to balance the light in the dark, but it didn't turn out so well for the force users...
    Anakin is clearly the chosen one, he defeated the Sith and brought balance to the force so it could be used selflessly instead of selfishly, like the Jedi and Luke did, and that is kind of why the movie is called Return of the Jedi. Making a movie called The Last Jedi after that doesn't make any sense

You should go and watch the Season 3 Rebels episode where Obi-Wan and Maul have their final confrontation. You can probably google it. They have some dialog about the chosen one that might change your perspective.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options

I have seen the movies, seen TCW, and read about 10 books. I have no idea who Thrawn is. The Star Wars wiki appearances only lists him in Rebels and the books just released within the last year. I assumed he was a new Rebels characters.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    And yes, it's still ridiculous to say anyone who has only seen the movies isn't a fan of Star Wars.
  • Zanhaep
    358 posts Member
    Options

I've read over 100 EU books. It'd be unreasonable to say that I'm not a Star Wars fan. But I don't like the new stuff. HeII, I haven't even watched Rogue One. So some people are going to accuse me of not being a fan. That's ridiculous. I'm not a fan of *all* of Star Wars, but more of a fan of a certain segment - I'm an EU fan.

I know plenty of people who have only watched the films and haven't read any books/comics/played games etc. Of course, they're not the same type of fan as me - maybe they're more casual fans instead. But they're still fans.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    And yes, it's still ridiculous to say anyone who has only seen the movies isn't a fan of Star Wars.

giphy.gif
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options

SWRS3-Thrawn-fights-droids.gif
  • Options

Droid meta flushed down again!
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options

I am not talking about childish cartoons. I am about Zahn's books.
  • Options
    oh please stop this. Thrawn in Zahn's original EU vs Rebels thrawn is almost the same character, personality and skills. He's still a tactical analyst who uses enemy traits against them.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Zanhaep wrote: »
    I've read over 100 EU books. It'd be unreasonable to say that I'm not a Star Wars fan. But I don't like the new stuff. HeII, I haven't even watched Rogue One.

You have not even watched it but know you don't like it? Okay!
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »
    Zanhaep wrote: »
    I've read over 100 EU books. It'd be unreasonable to say that I'm not a Star Wars fan. But I don't like the new stuff. HeII, I haven't even watched Rogue One.

You have not even watched it but know you don't like it? Okay!

I love those people who hate on something that they don't even know.... :smirk:
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Lithalan
    153 posts Member
    Options

Have you read the new canonical Zahn-authored Thrawn book? He's as good with his fists as he is with his mind, unsurprisingly.

The real issue with all of these threads is: How is EA defining fan favourite? What is a "fan"? A person who's really into just the movies? The EU? All canon? Is there a time period for being a Star Wars fan? Is someone who only loves the animated series a fan? If so, do their favourites count? Gamers? You get my point.

Unless we know EA's exact definition of "fan favourite" (and if they have provided it somewhere, please enlighten me), we have absolutely no way at all of knowing their criteria for selecting a fan favourite. Without those criteria, these arguments over who is and who is not a fan favourite are utter speculation.
  • Paarthysnax
    333 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Spyda wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    This is why Anakin was both a Sith and a Jedi - he was to bring balance to the force and he did. Luke was the product of the Chosen One's actions in life and continued on after ROTJ as a Jedi - still following the corrupt teachings of the Jedi as Yoda told him to rebuild the jedi order.

Anakin was not the chosen one, nor did he bring any semblance of balance to the force. Rebels Season 3 reveals that Luke Skywalker is the one the Prophecy was referring to.

Wrong on so many places. Even Dave Filoni said in Rebels Reckon that it DOESN'T mean that Luke is the chosen one. It means that as Obi watched Anakin turn to the Dark Side, he started to believe that Luke was the real chosen one.

EDIT: typo
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • CL_Chaos
    67 posts Member
    Options
    turns out to be a older maul and the symbol is just to throw u all into a loop.