Ask GUILD FAQs

Prev134
J0K3R
2286 posts Member
edited January 2018
Please post questions you have about guilds. I will review the questions and responses and post the most helpful in another thread soon.
May the force be with you. It shall free you.
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Options
    So, I know that there were two job fairs, one for non-heroic, the other heroic. So, just curious but where art thou heroic?
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    I put it up temporarily... but it's duplicating what we already have. But since u asked, it's up :smile:
  • Options
    Thank you. I like the job fair version due to the one ad rule, therefore less spamming of a guild and leads to a more structured heroics post. :)
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Well, it wont stay up for long, unfortunately.
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Why has SWGoH not taken recommended steps to include the non chat members?

Let me further explain.

My guild went through what I feel was an unnecessary 3 month setback.

Why?

Guild members not able to follow rules because they cannot read in guild chat, description bar, or guild description box.

In order to maintain peace among the ranks eventually a guild elevates to a point that total free for all cannot be allowed.

Mature guilds need to set 24hr/0 damage rules.

In order to ensure compliance I had to remove all members not doing so.

HERE WAS MY SIMPLE SOLUTION I TRIED TO PUSH BEFORE EVEN GETTING TO THAT FORK IN THE ROAD.

Leader control over damage allowed in a raid.

Leader starts a raid.

Sets it at ZERO DAMAGE for however long they wish.

Then leader can open it in full to unlimited or incremental portions inbetween. Perhaps stepping up 100K each.

This would have been so beneficial and still could be very useful in raid regulation.

THIS WOULD HAVE NEGATED THE NEED TO COMMUNICATE. IT WOULD JUST BE A PHASE LOCK OUT UNTIL FREED BY LEADER FOR DAMAGE PHASE

Another thought I had on this is that every member of a guild is automatically added to raids at the start with Zero Damage.

Then no need to waste a day in the first place.
    Post edited by RancorPackGuild on
  • Options
    What is the purpose of the 24hr no damage rule? And how is that accomplished? I'm in a guild with only 20 active players so we usually go all out on raids.
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @LoneHowler

It is to ensure rewards to all members in the guild.

Once you elevate to T6 and get it under 1 day you are pretty much ready for Heroic. Heroic "The Pit" defies logic and is actually pretty easy. So very quickly you will be beating it in no time at all.

The issue is once you beat a raid faster and faster not everyone has a chance to get rewards.

In order to ensure rewards to every member do as follows.

Launch a raid
    No damage is allowed in first 24 hours
    This is done by sending in 1 troop alone to only hit the side pigs until dead (WITH BASIC ATTACKS) (In T6 practice you get this character back at reset. In Heroic this character is essentially out of the rest of the raid.)

Now the guild member is registered in the raid with zero damage and will get rewards. (For all who get a zero damage tie the current tie breaker based on player ID)

After 24 hrs and giving everyone around the world a chance to enter the raid on zero damage then it returns to Free For All.

Side Note: Raid Start Times

As a guild leader myself I launch normal raids at 12am reset to ensure 5 attenpts.to everyone in first 24 hours.

Heroic has no character resets. So Heroic The Pit I launch one time at 2pm in afternoon for my UK players and then the next 8pm for my USA players and back and forth.
  • Options
    Thanks @RancorPackGuild that helps me understand why the big guilds have it as a requirement.
  • Options
    JOK3R- Has the Management Team ever thought about adding a message in-box that Guild Leaders can post in that will automatically send to all Members? Reason being not all Members are active on Line or Discord as well as the in-game Chat. It makes it very hard to reach all the Members at once with important Guild information, etc.
    Thank you!
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Another common Q: what if my leader goes AWOL/missing?
  • Options
    After talking to @AK_1Kingz I determined he means like privite messaging on the game.

This is something I fully support. Would be great if it must be read or dismissed before game play can continue.
  • Options
    @J0K3R

It is my understanding that it can be done if you call EA Help and they verify long time drop in activity from a guild leader. I have never done this myself but have seen posts where this suggestion was made with people verifying this could be done.

My recommendation for those facing this issue is setting up a third party app. Invite everyone over.

Then all decide a new leader. Then all leave the old guild and create a new guild.

Much faster.
  • Options
    Hi jok3r remember me? I think a good idea would be if EA can change the leader / officer listing like leader and co leader that way if the leader needs a break away from the game the co leader has the same powers as the leader that way the guild would not have to be disband ....kinda like guild security that way things stay the sme untill the leader comes back and if not the co leader can remove the old leader and take over
  • Options
    Hi jok3r remember me? I think a good idea would be if EA can change the leader / officer listing like leader and co leader that way if the leader needs a break away from the game the co leader has the same powers as the leader that way the guild would not have to be disband ....kinda like guild security that way things stay the sme untill the leader comes back and if not the co leader can remove the old leader and take over

+1,000,000

As long as leader has complete power and control over that.
  • Options
    Of course ....ive owned my guild from beginning and most of my member been with me since so in my case i have 5 pple that i trust the most highly so in my case my guild would be safe if anything happen to me
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    This is more of a FAQ on how things work currently. I see some good ideas, but they wont get off the ground here. Best thing to do is to post your suggestion in thr proper area. If you have trouble finding it, send me a message privately
  • Options
    I wasnt sure which post to ask this question but i hope you could try and answer it anyway. My guild has been working at a normal tank takedown raid for at least 3-4 months we are into the third battle. Are we just really pitiful or are there things we need to know for this raid. There are 6 lvl 85 players and some lvl 60+ players.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    The AAT raid has been updated, making it easier. I forget the exact date, but if u started yours before the update u may need to restart. Anyone remember the date?
  • Options
    I thought so thanks. I would hate to loose the progress we have already done. We might just stick it out.
  • Options
    Try December 12-15th, 2016.

That is more than a couple months.

If your guild launched it be before then.

Stop it and restart it.
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @DarthExecuter

A good way to know is your DPP

Damage Per Phase

If you are level 85 and your team is barely putting out 1-1.5% damage you are most likely in the older version.

If you are putting out 11-15%

You are in the raid after it was fixed.

If you are in the old version leave it right away.

The rewards are more important than pride.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Try December 12-15th, 2016.

That is more than a couple months.

If your guild launched it be before then.

Stop it and restart it.

Thank you, with that i was able to find this fast:
    Raid rebalance
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/82239/game-update-12-15-2016
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Will address BUMPS and DUPLICATE THREADS in the answer section
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @J0K3R

A growing question in my guild is why does tank, (phase 2 especially) enrage at 2 rounds left???

Often it kills all troops before getting countdown to Zero.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    @J0K3R

A growing question in my guild is why does tank, (phase 2 especially) enrage at 2 rounds left???

Often it kills all troops before getting countdown to Zero.

This may be outside my ability to answer. If u guys looked at all abilities carefully and feel it is a bug, please report it in the Bugs and Issues section so the team cab look at it
  • Bobby117a
    412 posts Member
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »

Where is the answer section of this thread. Has it been started yet. I can't find it.
    Never tell me the odds...
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Bobby117a wrote: »
    J0K3R wrote: »

Where is the answer section of this thread. Has it been started yet. I can't find it.

Not yet... when the general section of this forum calms down a bit i will create one. Thank you for your patience
  • AkyYoda
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Hi JOK3R !
    Can you please explain something regarding the guild chat. I have understood that it's necessary to be 18+ Years old to be allowed to write in the guild chat, is that correct ?
    But, even if they can't write anything in the chat, can they read our messages in the guild chat and/or in the guild's general message ?
    How can I recognize people under 18 years old ? Is it only the people named Mol Eliza ?
    Thank you in advance for your replies !
  • Options
    @AkyYoda

The ones that cannot communicate don't even see a guild chat in game or guild banner.

They have a guild description box that is blank that they can write in like a chalk board lol.

Usually you can tell them because they cannot typically change names.

Mol Eliza, Jade Belle, Sel Cee, and some others

Others can change there names but live on media black out countries.

Others can chat but are in language countries restricted to non English.

The best way to know is post a rule to not attack a future raid for 1 day.

Post it it in tbe guild description box and guild banner.

The ones that can talk will ask wby?

The ones that can't talk or don't care about your rules will damage regardless. Make a list and slowly replace them. That is about all you can do.

There is no way to reach them except if they see you here on forums.
  • AkyYoda
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for the details !
    Your suggestions are already followed in our guild :) after 2 warnings I kick off the member who doesn't respect the rule 24h/0 damage.