Ask GUILD FAQs

Replies

• Options
    How do players become guild officers?
  • Options
    The leader can promote whoever he likes to officer, you have power over non officers but you cant effect peers or superiors
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hello @J0K3R
    I've searched but couldn't find a straight forward list of things someone WANTS from their guild - and not the leader or officers. We all know they want activity and 600 tickets, and people to respect the 24 hour blah blah blah.
    As a guild leader, I want to know what makes a guild more attractive. There are obvious things, like being a HAAT guild vs nAAT. I find that everyone, even lvl 75 with eight g9 toons wants to be in a HAAT and thinks he/she can be in a HAAT because he/she is active and will contribute 600 daily. I can't believe that GK shards are the only thing a player wants from the guild. So what else? I know it comes down to a personal experience, but I'd like to see a running list of pros and cons of guilds. Does one exist somewhere out on the interwebs?
  • Options
    Discord dose the same thing but better
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    DarthShell wrote: »
    Discord dose the same thing but better

You must really be used to it, i messed with it for a few hours, its like the atari 2600 of chat apps
    Use line, common in every mobile game
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • DarthShell
    85 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Line you can't organize chats it's horrible
  • Options
    Does anyone know what the "Rank" tab is in the select/sort potion of the My Guild window? Just curious thanks
  • Options
    I don't know if this is the right place, but the ticket counter under Guild manage isn't showing proper ticket count. I have multiple members that have done their 600 but isn't reflecting in the guild counter. This is important for Guild officers to be able to properly manage their guilds. Is this going to be fixed?
  • Options
    This is well known problem that has gone unresolved for a long time. No idea when or if they plan to fix it
  • Options
    The rank shows leader, officers, and members.

The lifetime ticket count sucks. I have found if you are watching someone for ticket counts it is best to take a screen shot or write them down and check 24 hrs later. This is on lifetime tickets. It usually catches up in a 24 hr period. If you require 600 tickets, I would suggest a few days or a week and then you have a pretty good idea.

They enjoy us working I guess. They have never addressed this problem. Some guilds require a screen shot of the 600 everyday, but that is overboard and makes it not fun in my opinion. As long as our guild does 29k+ we don't worry about it too much.
    Never tell me the odds...
  • Options
    Bobby117a wrote: »
    The rank shows leader, officers, and members.

The lifetime ticket count sucks. I have found if you are watching someone for ticket counts it is best to take a screen shot or write them down and check 24 hrs later. This is on lifetime tickets. It usually catches up in a 24 hr period. If you require 600 tickets, I would suggest a few days or a week and then you have a pretty good idea.

They enjoy us working I guess. They have never addressed this problem. Some guilds require a screen shot of the 600 everyday, but that is overboard and makes it not fun in my opinion. As long as our guild does 29k+ we don't worry about it too much.

Most guilds have a dedicated person that tracks lifetime totals over a weekly or daily basis only way too track slackers is screenshots of lifetime raid points at 5 mins before guild reset and run the numbers over a exel program
  • Options
    Hi !
    I'm wondering why only the guild leader can modify the text of the guild banner ?
    i'm a guild leader and i would love that the officers could change the chat banner.
    i would love to be more relaxed and not be obliged to be present everythime the raids are starting.
    With the new mode TB that will come, it will add additional stress for the guild leader...
    Please allow the officiers to change the guild banner ! :)
  • Options
    AkyYoda wrote: »
    Hi !
    I'm wondering why only the guild leader can modify the text of the guild banner ?
    i'm a guild leader and i would love that the officers could change the chat banner.
    i would love to be more relaxed and not be obliged to be present everythime the raids are starting.
    With the new mode TB that will come, it will add additional stress for the guild leader...
    Please allow the officiers to change the guild banner ! :)

Need to push developers of the game too set that option and yes it would be nice
  • Options
    What are Ally Guilds? Is this something players do or the Guild leader?
  • Options
    JaChuda wrote: »
    What are Ally Guilds? Is this something players do or the Guild leader?

Ya if that's the case I got lots of friends of mine and on top of that the search might invoke guild hopping
  • Options
    Ally Guilds are the people in your Allies list, and the various Guilds they belong to.

Shame, was hoping we were going to be able to ally other guild for help or something. Oh well, maybe down the road...
  • Options
    So I (unfortunately) put in a generic DOB when I first started playing several months ago, and am therefore deemed to be under 18 and have no access to guild chat.

I recently joined a new guild (for me) and am wondering if there is any way whatsoever for me to reach the Leader of my guild either inside or outside of the formal game app.

I have tried general web and forum searches for the guild name ("Arsenal 1886") but have not had success. I am happy to use Discord or whatever, but still need to make that initial connection.

Any ideas or suggestions for those like me that are flying blind?
  • Options
    Submit a ticket to EA and change the DOB would be my first go might take some time
  • Options
    I submitted a ticket and they said they couldn't change DOB. I said "please" and still no luck.

They will change my name, but that is much less useful!
  • Options
    Ouch sorry man unless your guild runs a 3 party chat that you can join not much too do
  • Options
    So I (unfortunately) put in a generic DOB when I first started playing several months ago, and am therefore deemed to be under 18 and have no access to guild chat.

I recently joined a new guild (for me) and am wondering if there is any way whatsoever for me to reach the Leader of my guild either inside or outside of the formal game app.

I have tried general web and forum searches for the guild name ("Arsenal 1886") but have not had success. I am happy to use Discord or whatever, but still need to make that initial connection.

Any ideas or suggestions for those like me that are flying blind?

Create an account and sync it with your game account on https://swgoh.gg/
    With a little luck, other members of your guild are there, and if you're even luckier, there will be info on how to join them on line or discord or something else.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Also, that website has awesome tools for seeing your toons and your mods, and many other things.
  • Options
    I just set up an account on SWGOH.gg. Appreciate the suggestion!

I figure if I accidentally do something wrong and get booted, I can find a guild here looking for an active player and make sure I get their Discord/whatever info!
  • Options
    Do many guilds merge with others? I have a solid core group of people and slowly people are leaving. I need new blood!? Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Why can't I disband my guild? We're in the middle of a merge attempt and as a guild leader I can't disband! This is extremely frustrating and I'm about to lose people all because the game doesn't give me the option.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Do many guilds merge with others? I have a solid core group of people and slowly people are leaving. I need new blood!? Any suggestions?

From what I have seen, a lot of guilds want others to merge into them, but far fewer are willing to give up their name/status/whatever to merge into another.
  • Options
    I just took over a guild as leader and we need to change its name. How do we do that?
  • Options
    We have a problem in guild the leader is offline for 5 months can we have a change in guild leader?my guild is stallions and guild leader name is bad4ss.
  • Options
    We have a problem in guild the leader is offline for 5 months can we have a change in guild leader?my guild is stallions and guild leader name is bad4ss.

Guild leader would have to pass the guild on to another member and no longer be the guild leader

If you are still stuck without a guild leader you may want to think about moving. It's dead weight and it's one less person that can set off raids/organization. Does your guild use a chat app?
  • Options
    StanDacide wrote: »
    I just took over a guild as leader and we need to change its name. How do we do that?

Contact EA. I was able to change my guild's name. Have a couple variations on your new name ready in case yours is already taken. Substitute letters with numbers (ie 0 for O) for your variations.