Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry EA doesn't tailor every event for your personal convenience
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    The event is open for 1 hour and off for 3 then repeats. It takes less than 10 minutes to complete the one attempt so even at work, you should be able to get a small break somewhere within that one hour.

I do understand some jobs make this very difficult but people have to take bathroom breaks sometimes.
  • Terror
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Or any adults convience? I actually work when I'm at work.
  • Terror
    50 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm a welder. I don't want my phone in the shop. Also, it's totally theft to play a video game on the clock.
  • Options
    An easy fix would be that you have 3 day window where you can activate a one hour attempt at your own leisure
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    Terror wrote: »
    I'm a welder. I don't want my phone in the shop. Also, it's totally theft to play a video game on the clock.

Seriously, let your foreman find you playing a phone game on the clock outside of your scheduled break time. You'll find yourself with a lot more time to play, and a lot less money to spend on it.
  • Options
    The event is fine, after first rewards, the drops probably drop off to junk.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    I just took a "bathroom break" at work to do the event lol
  • Options
    It's nice that they are trying different things - I like the 'here are characters to use' for the first 3 tiers, and the bonus round has you bring your own character - but the "one hour every few hours" thing is, quite simply, a bad idea.

There are going to be some people that will not be able to make any of the attempts. Some people work weird hours, have various responsibilities, and might literally only have 30 minutes a day where they can play this game. Just because *you* aren't negatively impacted doesn't mean we should just disregard others who are.

So add my voice to the people who say the way flash events are structured don't work. Kudos for trying something new, but I think it's a bad idea.
  • scuba
    14052 posts Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you for making this happen it was a nice suprise. Hopefully this stays in effect. No more waiting for someone at CG to "throw a switch" to activate it and then wondering when it is going to turn off.

My only additional suggestion is this should have been mentioned in the update notes since in the past it started for everyone at the same UTC time when you turned the switch. Providing this information ahead of time could reduce the many questions of what time it is going to start.
  • Options
    Except some people get a daily refresh before the switch meaning they can do double drops with 2 batches of energy purchases, where some of us can't do that because it switches exactly on our daily reset time.

Thanks for making a level playing field for everyone.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    CK_3030 wrote: »
    Listen devs... you have said that we now have more consistent events so that everyone can receive new characters/ships/etc. instead of saving and using ally points. Fine, perfectly OK with that.

Now, we have flash events which essentially goes against your first concept. How? People have lives. That's how.

By having FE's that only last 1 hour and only come around every few hours, instead of it lasting a day, people AREN'T getting what your first concept intended.

People work. People go out to eat. People have kids. Not everyone has internet on their phone, or time, to log-in whenever an event comes around. Some people rely on their Wi-Fi at home for that. Some people simply just forget about the next flash event until AFTER it's already run.

And because we're only allowed to do one Tier during each FE, if one forgets or can't do it the next time, how is it that players are supposed to receive the rewards which you intended us to have?

Please get rid of FE's.
    It's nice that they are trying different things - I like the 'here are characters to use' for the first 3 tiers, and the bonus round has you bring your own character - but the "one hour every few hours" thing is, quite simply, a bad idea.

There are going to be some people that will not be able to make any of the attempts. Some people work weird hours, have various responsibilities, and might literally only have 30 minutes a day where they can play this game. Just because *you* aren't negatively impacted doesn't mean we should just disregard others who are.

So add my voice to the people who say the way flash events are structured don't work. Kudos for trying something new, but I think it's a bad idea.

They have all sorts of types of events, and not all of them are meant to be rewarding and fruitful for all types of players.

Some people are collectors and have deep rosters. They have events that call upon hardly used characters for those types.

Some people have focused on getting certain toons completely maxed and ignored others until they have a use. They keep coming out with events that require you to level up different characters.

Some people have nothing better to do than to sit around and play this game. These events are geared towards those types of players.

Something for everybody, not everything for everybody, is a good policy. Flash events are an excellent idea to reward those who are highly active. It doesn't force people to be more active to compete in arena or raiding or anything else for that matter. If you don't want to be/can't be that active, then beating every aspect of a flash event isn't meant for you and that's fine. It's not at all a necessary event.
  • Options
    Agree! Loved the notifications all over the place. Nice update
  • scuba
    14052 posts Member
    Options
    Except some people get a daily refresh before the switch meaning they can do double drops with 2 batches of energy purchases, where some of us can't do that because it switches exactly on our daily reset time.

Thanks for making a level playing field for everyone.

My understanding is that it has been activating at your individual reset. I spoke to some future dwellers and they were they had it activated when i didn't because they already had their daily reset.
  • Options
    Peperlu wrote: »
    I'm waiting to see for how long it's gonna be up, but I find this pretty **** too! ALL EVENTS should be 24h minimum so everyone gets a chance to play it, otherwise it's just giving an edge to those who aren't working or who have a somewhat easy job that allows them to play anyway... And if it lasts only a few hours, an event starting at 11am is pretty weird and a big fail...

+1000
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    I'm waiting to see for how long it's gonna be up, but I find this pretty **** too! ALL EVENTS should be 24h minimum so everyone gets a chance to play it, otherwise it's just giving an edge to those who aren't working or who have a somewhat easy job that allows them to play anyway... And if it lasts only a few hours, an event starting at 11am is pretty weird and a big fail...

It takes, what, 5 min at most to play a tier or this event? Just take a break at work. Go use the bathroom.

take a break from work?

I usually take a break from staring at my rooster to go work for about 5 mins.
  • Options
    It's a daylight savings issue, but a number of people are getting the hour offset to double up.
  • Options
    I agree with OP. The event should be playable four times with a 3 hour window between each time you play (same method as the gear challenges).

It's not about the time it takes to complete. For me, the event opened at 6 am (because I moved and my game has a different timezone). Then it opened again at 9 am. I wasn't awake any of the two times, and wouldn't plan on waking up just to complete the event. I like the idea of flash events, but not this fixed schedule.

Brilliant idea, totally agree. I too was asleep at 10am when it started. From reading here the 2nd time must have been 1or 2pm, still asleep & then 6pm & 9pm, at work for both of those. And of course neither one was open during my 8:15-9pm lunch break. I already have to go to the toilet at about 7pm each night to get my bonus energy. I can't sneak off any more than that. As I said on another post it's discrimination against night shift workers.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    It's a daylight savings issue, but a number of people are getting the hour offset to double up.

yea, kinda lame.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    Can't make people happy these days.
  • Options
    The flash part of the event is lame.
  • TheMegaSage
    393 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    They have all sorts of types of events, and not all of them are meant to be rewarding and fruitful for all types of players.

Some people are collectors and have deep rosters. They have events that call upon hardly used characters for those types.

Some people have focused on getting certain toons completely maxed and ignored others until they have a use. They keep coming out with events that require you to level up different characters.

Some people have nothing better to do than to sit around and play this game. These events are geared towards those types of players.

Something for everybody, not everything for everybody, is a good policy. Flash events are an excellent idea to reward those who are highly active. It doesn't force people to be more active to compete in arena or raiding or anything else for that matter. If you don't want to be/can't be that active, then beating every aspect of a flash event isn't meant for you and that's fine. It's not at all a necessary event.

I appreciate your position, and understand the point of view, but I still (respectfully :)) disagree. This is a silly little game the people play on their phones, so why exclude anybody from the latest and greatest unique event? It's one thing to have an event that is tough and requires a deep roster to complete (which this one does nicely by requiring a specific character to complete the bonus tier), but it's another thing completely to purposely lock some people out of participating at all.

The argument could be made that "Too bad so sad, you didn't get to play one event, get over it", but ... why? There are other ways to provide small advantages to people who have nothing better to do than to sit around and play the game. Perhaps allow 5 refreshes in the day, with 3 hours downtime between each, but the person gets to choose when to kick it off. So person 1 with lots of free time can finish 5 events by logging in every 3 hours, and person 2 who plays twice a day for 15 minutes each can do it twice, as opposed to 5 and 0, the way it stands now for a (possibly small) subset of the player base.

It would be disappointing to be a player in a game you like and not be able to participate in an event to which you were looking forward. Now the developers can do whatever they want, but if you had a choice between excluding 5 or 10% of your customer base and not excluding them ... why wouldn't you choose the 'not' option?
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    I'm all for new events but I just don't understand the reasoning behind it only being open for limited times during the day. Why do this instead of making it open all day?

To get people fired because they playing a game during work hours.

That's why you "go to the bathroom"
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Time Laws are Lame...
    s-f078f9adf6c08665e1259271bcbb81569cb6425f.gif
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Bobloblaw wrote: »
    The flash part of the event is lame.

Rather have three runs in a day than one run and wait 24hrs for a reset.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

It takes, what, 5 min at most to play a tier or this event? Just take a break at work. Go use the bathroom.

take a break from work?

I usually take a break from staring at my rooster to go work for about 5 mins.

Lol. Same
  • Options
    I had the countdown going for it to start at 12pm local time. But now it show it starting 3 hours from now. Anyone else having this issue?
  • Options
    Sounds like you missed your slot. You only get a limited time to do it in then the timer starts again.
  • CryGonJinn
    402 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Mine shows 52 minutes, but original countdown timer would have had it starting at noon local. But maybe da kine start Hawaiian time, whenever it like. Shoots brah!
  • Nerfburger73
    153 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It only lasts 1 hour at a time, so did you try to enter after the first round ended? The time between these flash events are 3 hours
This discussion has been closed.