5/23/2017 Update *MEGATHREAD*

Replies

• Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    Where in this description does it say it's 1 battle per event?

NEW! Trouble on Tatooine Flash Event
    May sees the introduction of a new type of event- Flash Events! Unlike other events, Flash Events only last one to four hours in each instance and repeat several times a day, so be sure to catch them when they launch! Flash Events difficulty and rewards are based off your account level. All initial runs of a Flash Event have more generous rewards, so be sure to participate early and often!
    Our first Flash Event Begins MAY 25th and takes you to the harsh desert planet of Tatooine. This lawless world holds many dangers and mysteries, especially for moisture farmers. To participate in this multi-tiered event, task Luke Skywalker with inspecting the perimeter of the farm as you join forces with Jawas to square off against marauding Tusken Raiders.

Why does it say to participate early and often? That makes it seem like we can attack multiple times instead of saying. "All initial runs of a Flash Event have more generous rewards so be sure to attack each tier before attacking the same one twice."

Except we can't attack the same one often because we only get 1 attempt....

It said it in game, on the info page for the event that attempts were shared across all tiers... it pays to read... "The More You Know"

Regardless, when the event relaunches, pick a different tier... you should be going to a diff tier every time.

I started with the hardest tier and got 1 zeta material... can anyone confirm that your only get 1, or is it like a get 1-3 situation and the RNG kicked me in the junk?

• Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »

May sees the introduction of a new type of event- Flash Events! Unlike other events, Flash Events only last one to four hours in each instance and repeat several times a day, so be sure to catch them when they launch! Flash Events difficulty and rewards are based off your account level. All initial runs of a Flash Event have more generous rewards, so be sure to participate early and often!
    Our first Flash Event Begins MAY 25th and takes you to the harsh desert planet of Tatooine. This lawless world holds many dangers and mysteries, especially for moisture farmers. To participate in this multi-tiered event, task Luke Skywalker with inspecting the perimeter of the farm as you join forces with Jawas to square off against marauding Tusken Raiders.

Why does it say to participate early and often? That makes it seem like we can attack multiple times instead of saying. "All initial runs of a Flash Event have more generous rewards so be sure to attack each tier before attacking the same one twice."

It said it in game, on the info page for the event that attempts were shared across all tiers... it pays to read... "The More You Know"

Regardless, when the event relaunches, pick a different tier... you should be going to a diff tier every time.

I started with the hardest tier and got 1 zeta material... can anyone confirm that your only get 1, or is it like a get 1-3 situation and the RNG kicked me in the junk?

i understand that but again why does this description say participate early and often? I'm only complaining about this description. It shouldn't say often if you only get 1 attack.
  • Options

i understand that but again why does this description say participate early and often? I'm only complaining about this description. It shouldn't say often if you only get 1 attack.

Because the event will relaunch in a few hours... I'm guessing it will launch a total of 5 times today... personally, I only really care about the last 2 tiers, so no biggie if I miss one or two.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options

Because the event will relaunch in a few hours... I'm guessing it will launch a total of 5 times today... personally, I only really care about the last 2 tiers, so no biggie if I miss one or two.

lol but that still doesn't mean often. That means attack once everytime its available.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So wished I had visited the forums first. Didn't know you could only do ONE battle....!!!

Exactly - just beat the first tier - it never says in the description it was a one play gig.

Very poor communication from the Dev team on that one!

Also, I am a little confused, I thought that rewards from this event were to be some Luke shards? not jawa?
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    ... and it will be available OFTEN. So start early (so you don't miss any) and attack often because the event will reappear multiple times throughout the day. So if you start early, and log in often, you'll have lots of chances to complete each tier
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

I agree. I think the fact that you can only play one tier should be read from the description itself - not the notification we all got a few days ago. It just makes communication and understanding that much more clear - clear communication never hurts.

But not that big a deal - i'll just pick another tier later today.
  • Options
    Most normal people have jobs, school, families, and other responsibilities to attend to on weekday mornings. Holding a 1 hour flash event on Thursday at 11 AM doesn't seem ideal for the masses who can't pick up their phones at a moment's notice. I appreciate the content, but there was nothing wrong with how previous events were formatted.
  • Options
    Please scrap them. From insufficient heads up time to annoying time gates, these are not the events I'm looking forward to.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Spyda wrote: »
    ... and it will be available OFTEN. So start early (so you don't miss any) and attack often because the event will reappear multiple times throughout the day. So if you start early, and log in often, you'll have lots of chances to complete each tier

If your Luke is up to snuff - mine aint. I think i'll be at an impasse at tier 3 anyays, lol

My fault though. I always new at the back of my mind I should work on Luke, but there was never a reason to for years!
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Why are people complaining? If you beat the first tier, great! Now play the next one the next time it shows up. The bonus tier only offers zeta and omega mats the FIRST time you beat it, so it doesn't matter at which point you beat it, so long as it's sometime before the end of the day. The same applies to the stun cuff and stun gun salvage and the Jawa shards. Those are all first time only rewards. Since this event will likely show up 4-5 times tdoay, those who log on often should get a chance to complete every tier... except me... since I had 0 jawas and only a 4-star Luke... I get hosed. But everyone ELSE should be able to get whatever they can earn. So it really doesn't matter what order you complete the tiers in does it?

Thank you EA for the great content, and for giving us a little boost to Luke to get him moving in the right direction
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »

I agree. I think the fact that you can only play one tier should be read from the description itself - not the notification we all got a few days ago. It just makes communication and understanding that much more clear - clear communication never hurts.

But not that big a deal - i'll just pick another tier later today.

This. It's always been this. I've been playing this game for 17+ months - been on the forums for over 15 months - and since that time up and through the present the single largest complaint has consistently been the lack of consistent clear communication. Sadly, most of us have simply learned to tolerate it as "WAI" - which is, not well.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Not enough time? All but the bonus tiers provide the toons you need. What more could you ask for?
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    So wished I had visited the forums first. Didn't know you could only do ONE battle....!!!

Exactly - just beat the first tier - it never says in the description it was a one play gig.

Very poor communication from the Dev team on that one!

Also, I am a little confused, I thought that rewards from this event were to be some Luke shards? not jawa?

Same. The "plays shared across tiers" is not the same thing as saying one turn. It certainly isn't as clear. If the whole "initial runs of Flash Events hold more generous rewards" stays true, and I end up with a lot less than I could've gotten, I won't be happy. Admittedly, I'm complaining about free stuff. But, don't give me something and then say, "it could've been more if you had done this..."
  • Options
    Agreed.
  • Options
    To remove the annoying 1 try per x hours nonsense.
  • Synric
    62 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Excuse yourself to go to the bathroom. It seriously takes like 2 mins of auto play.
  • Options
    I'll add that requiring 5* jawas, only to replace the players jawas with event unique 7* jawas makes zero sense.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • gatormatt
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Set your alarm on your phone. Take a 5 min break from work. The event lasts for an hour, and takes less than 5 mins to complete.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly I'm kind of surprised that they didn't offer any Luke or Jawa packs in the store. Seems like this would be the ideal time to do so.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Why are people whining about free events, with free gear/shards/mats? If you don't like it don't participate, easy enough.
  • Options
    CG please ignore the troll above. Thank you for these events, more please!
  • Options
    It's obviously a way to drive traffic into the app.... I'd bet my credits that the timing of the events is likely the lowest turn out times for players.... the more you're in, the more you'll spend.

thanks for the event!
  • Options
    Not trying to troll just sharing my feedback about the me event system.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Spyda wrote: »
    Honestly I'm kind of surprised that they didn't offer any Luke or Jawa packs in the store. Seems like this would be the ideal time to do so.

Absolutely (not that I'd buy them any way, lol)
  • Options
    I came on just hit tier 3 because I had 5 mins left and didn't want to risk losing the last tier.... glad to have more events, but maybe another minute or two on the first one to look at it and maybe read something.

Might be on the forums all day :wink: but to be on the phone all day is going to be a quick way to lose my job, which probably isn't going to help CG too much either.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • MykCnoE
    116 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    Why are people whining about free events, with free gear/shards/mats? If you don't like it don't participate, easy enough.

I couldn't participate when it opened up because I was at work. It was a bad idea to have only 1 entry every few hours.

• Options
    Most normal people have jobs, school, families, and other responsibilities to attend to on weekday mornings. Holding a 1 hour flash event on Thursday at 11 AM doesn't seem ideal for the masses who can't pick up their phones at a moment's notice. I appreciate the content, but there was nothing wrong with how previous events were formatted.
    I pretty sure it had nothing with being a "Thursday", but being May 25th, 2017 today.

As for the 11am thing, I'm not sure. But I'm glad it wasn't during my middle of the night.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    MykCnoE wrote: »
    Drax_77 wrote: »

I couldn't participate when it opened up because I was at work. It was a bad idea to have only 1 entry every few hours.

Devs gonna do what they gonna do.

But this style of timing is going to make for poor interaction with event if, like, you work. Maybe a lot of people who play this game don't work, and it sometimes does seem that way. Likely I'm in the minority, IDK.

Edit: fixed... made no sense :neutral:
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    The Flash Event just opened for me and I went straight to the bonus tier. My Luke is only 6*, level 85, gear VII with full mods but it's just him against 3 waves of Tuskens? I thought you can take Jawas with him? How is he even supposed to make it to the third wave when he looses all of his protection and most of his health in the first wave?
This discussion has been closed.