Tarkin is going to balance Rex lead.

Replies

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    This is much more realistic of what the average player would have.
    The average player wouldn't have GK, but you guys always tend to forget that. ;)

The average player have gk. Haat has been there since October, if you don't have unlock gk in 7 months....then you're doing something wrong

Lmao. I think you're living on another planet.
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    Options
    Startomsto wrote: »
    I respect that mate... better stick with the team and best ea's new challenges together than take shortcuts and leave all behind...

I'm in a 9 guilds alliance, the way it's work, each time a new guild come to us, we send some firepower in their guild to help me for heroic, normaly...2-3 weeks after, they can do it by their own. So you can both do heroic and stick with your friends ;)

And we're not the only alliance doing that
  • Options
    I have given up on tarkin, and empire. They are no natch for standard 3xcleanse, or the new 3xcleanse with R2.

Too bad, as the arena is getting very boring.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    I think Tarkin Rework wasn't bad but that Rex lead is so good with rebels that it truly neuters most things CG tries to add.
    May agree with that, it's not a bad rework, but against current meta doesn't look good. They made a great job on anakin and boba that's still very useful all around.

What seems odd is next toon, ahsoka is a rebel, pretty op and she breaks empire with dot immunity. That would be ok if empire is the current meta, but it's far from it.

Oh well....
    Post edited by SpeedRacer on
  • Options
    I have given up on tarkin, and empire. They are no natch for standard 3xcleanse, or the new 3xcleanse with R2.

R2 is starting to actually, for the first time - putting a dent in DN's usage. 4th most used team, and fastest riser, has no DN in and based on my personal battles, I think it's the best setup currently: Wedge lead, GK, Chaze, and R2. Rex lead with cleanse / R2 is right there too. The Rex version might be tougher. Of the non-Rex leads though I think that's the best setup.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    The average player wouldn't have GK, but you guys always tend to forget that. ;)

The average player have gk. Haat has been there since October, if you don't have unlock gk in 7 months....then you're doing something wrong

Lmao. I think you're living on another planet.

+1

Well if people actually stay with thier guild and don't just hop on the easy path...
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    I will say though I'm finding Tarkin to be incredibly effective as an attacking squad with zDV lead, DN, EP, Tarkin, and SA.

He's made a huge difference in win % for me so far vs. Chaze / GK / R2 squads with my base of DV / DN / TP / SA
  • Options

R2 is starting to actually, for the first time - putting a dent in DN's usage. 4th most used team, and fastest riser, has no DN in and based on my personal battles, I think it's the best setup currently: Wedge lead, GK, Chaze, and R2. Rex lead with cleanse / R2 is right there too. The Rex version might be tougher. Of the non-Rex leads though I think that's the best setup.

Tarkin has actually made that team pretty easy for me to face. I run Krennic (L), DT, DN, GK, and Tarkin. Used to lose every time with any other fifth, but Tarkin keeps their damage under control.
  • Options

Tarkin has actually made that team pretty easy for me to face. I run Krennic (L), DT, DN, GK, and Tarkin. Used to lose every time with any other fifth, but Tarkin keeps their damage under control.

Yeah I made a comment in another thread - but I run zDV leader, SA, Tarkin, DN, and EP ... I had maybe a 70-80% win rate vs. Chaze / GK / R2 teams before and it would be some close wins, I'd take a death or two using Shore / Boba / SiTrooper instead of Tarkin...but with Tarkin in there it's just been a slaughter. He's really good from what I see. He's really dominating in the matchup. I'm killing / pinning Baze and GK before they even get their specials off, not losing any heroes and usually all 5 finish with full health + protection. That Tarkin rework was awesome I think - maybe the zetas are unnecessary or weak - but I didn't zeta him.

Think what my team is missing:

No taunter
    No cleanser
    No aoe enemy debuffer

The Tarkin crit chance down also helps block the R2 cleanse from crits by LS characters. The O down has them hitting like noodles and with a 3 turn CD he can spam it pretty good
  • Options

Yeah I made a comment in another thread - but I run zDV leader, SA, Tarkin, DN, and EP ... I had maybe a 70-80% win rate vs. Chaze / GK / R2 teams before and it would be some close wins, I'd take a death or two using Shore / Boba / SiTrooper instead of Tarkin...but with Tarkin in there it's just been a slaughter. He's really good from what I see. He's really dominating in the matchup. I'm killing / pinning Baze and GK before they even get their specials off, not losing any heroes and usually all 5 finish with full health + protection. That Tarkin rework was awesome I think - maybe the zetas are unnecessary or weak - but I didn't zeta him.

Think what my team is missing:

No taunter
    No cleanser
    No aoe enemy debuffer

The Tarkin crit chance down also helps block the R2 cleanse from crits by LS characters. The O down has them hitting like noodles and with a 3 turn CD he can spam it pretty good

Video?
  • Options
    I will say though I'm finding Tarkin to be incredibly effective as an attacking squad with zDV lead, DN, EP, Tarkin, and SA.

He's made a huge difference in win % for me so far vs. Chaze / GK / R2 squads with my base of DV / DN / TP / SA

How do you manage without a tank, aren't EP and DN sitting ducks?
  • Options

I wonder how it holds on D
  • Options

The enemy is O and crit down instantly though. They do so little damage. Tarkin has IT on 3 turn CD so even once Chirrut cleanses it eventually he's right back up with it ready to reapply. I don't have video but I have some pics from some fights this morning. I haven't had Tarkin die in any battle so far over last 2 days using him.
  • Options
    s78urtcibonb.jpg

zi9tbstfwrfy.jpg

1wpqdkaicfmv.jpg

• JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I play on my tablet not a phone and iOS so no videos right now....but those pics from today are actually a "bad" run - often I'll have everyone with full protection - most of the damage is coming from R2's burn anyway. I've fought the following versions probably 10 times total since getting Tarkin G11:

1. GK leader, R2, Chaze, DN (2 guys run this)
    2. DN leader, R2, Chaze, GK (3 guys run this comp)
    3. Wedge leader, Biggs, Chaze, R2
    4. Wedge leader, GK, Chaze, R2 (IMO the tougher of the comps - 2 guys run this)

The rex cleanse guys that used to run classic cleanse (so pre-R2) dropped Rex - R2 / GK seems > Rex per their defend rates since it has no real strong weakness (other than maybe this Tarkin build above - but I'm the lone guy running zDV on my shard in the top 50).

Some of the above teams used Jyn as a lead at one time as well, but they either switched to Wedge / GK / DN as a leader.

We still have a ton of Rex leads on the board, but they are in more of the mixed-meta type squads - generally those without Chaze but with GK / R2 / EP / zKylo / Boba / DT / ..... various mixed meta combs, but with Rex+GK and / or R2 as the core.

EDIT: Also, the time left is not representative - since I was looking for my phone to take a pic and bumbling around there was a lot of dead time - I can usually finish these teams in 2:30 or less. I'm going to count next time the true turns I take vs. the opponent - might be 2 to 1 even.
  • Options
    I play on my tablet not a phone and iOS so no videos right now....but those pics from today are actually a "bad" run - often I'll have everyone with full protection - most of the damage is coming from R2's burn anyway. I've fought the following versions probably 10 times total since getting Tarkin G11:

The rex cleanse guys that used to run classic cleanse (so pre-R2) dropped Rex - R2 / GK seems > Rex per their defend rates since it has no real strong weakness (other than maybe this Tarkin build above - but I'm the lone guy running zDV on my shard in the top 50).

Some of the above teams used Jyn as a lead at one time as well, but they either switched to Wedge / GK / DN as a leader.

We still have a ton of Rex leads on the board, but they are in more of the mixed-meta type squads - generally those without Chaze but with GK / R2 / EP / zKylo / Boba / DT / ..... various mixed meta combs, but with Rex+GK and / or R2 as the core.

EDIT: Also, the time left is not representative - since I was looking for my phone to take a pic and bumbling around there was a lot of dead time - I can usually finish these teams in 2:30 or less. I'm going to count next time the true turns I take vs. the opponent - might be 2 to 1 even.

That looks promising, thx for explaining everything. I would only need to gear up Tarkin to try out that squad! :smiley:

Is it essential for sith assassin to go first, for that squad to work (ZVader(L), Tarkin, sith assassin, EP and Nihilius)? I have a +106 speed sith assassin, but there are some guys who run a 265 speed Chaze. So if I drop the zMaul lead, they outspeed me.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha I put together your squad, and ran it up against one of the best standard 3xCleanse on my shard.

I made Sass fastest at 269 speed, which won't be fast enough against a Yoda, and without a dispel would probably get slaughtered by Jedi (zQgj(L), zoda, Ani, R2z2, GK. Then I made zDV 2nd fastest at 222, and zNihilus and palps @ 204, the breakeven speed under Sass to ensure nihilus follows Vader. In any event here is the video.

https://youtu.be/BWibCD8uz78
  • Options
    I think what some of the guys in here have been missing is EP - put him in the garage too early. He's incredibly dominant in this matchup.

I use hate flow in Rd 1, save AOE stun for round 2. Also, the 2 tanks GK and Baze almost never move because they end up shocked and once shocked, every time EP does his basic they get his with 3 damage procs: the bonus Jedi / rebel, the actual attack, and the shocked enemy damage - so you're looking at 3 TM removal chances there (seems it's on all 3 from zDV leader). Most of the time in these matches Baze never gets off a special and GK will often only get off cleanse. Oddly, I typically kill GK and Baze first without having to use annihilate on them.
  • Options

That looks promising, thx for explaining everything. I would only need to gear up Tarkin to try out that squad! :smiley:

Is it essential for sith assassin to go first, for that squad to work (ZVader(L), Tarkin, sith assassin, EP and Nihilius)? I have a +106 speed sith assassin, but there are some guys who run a 265 speed Chaze. So if I drop the zMaul lead, they outspeed me.

Fast Chaze matters ONLY if if your DN has the unique zeta'd because Chaze going first will get health down and proc cleanse and now everyone will have ten up and you're hosed. Now, I never zeta'd DN unique because of the cleanse teams. Luckily for me my shard top 10 had a lot of Chaze already and cleanse very early on way before it was reflected on GG like 6-8 weeks ahead - the Maul meta was almost over before it even started - he had a few good weeks at most - why I call it the fake meta....so I never would have seen the utility from it in a cleanse / ten up world and I also did not like having a debuff I couldn't control in a cleanse world with ten up - have to plan everything around Chirrut in this game. I also didn't Omega my SiTrooper's basic because I didn't want to counter Chirrut and drop his health and get Baze taunt spam. Chaze manipulates everything you do. Game pivots around those 2 guys.

My concern though is what happens when the DN in those teams is replaced with Ahsoka and I'm unable to put DoTs / O down / Crit down / Stun / shock on her? I can still control her TM - but she's going to be dropping major bombs early on. She probably won't reflect on GG for a while, but I'm 100% going to be fight her OP self very soon in these teams on my leaderboard. Why they are coming out with her right now ... after R2 made these guys stronger I have no idea.

Personally I wouldn't recommend building DS for arena despite these pics - we have Ahsoka and Jedi Luke still yet to come and DS ... who knows. Maybe let's see if June is Thrawn? If nothing changes will we get Luke, you're just going to see more GK / R2 / Chaze teams and assuming Ahsoka is as good in there as I think she will be, your top 5 will be locked. I'm not sure if I'll be able to beat Ahsoka teams - it will for sure present ANOTHER challenge though and need to change vs. Chaze.

Below Video Link Legend:

Jan = me
    Marcia = Chaze
    Mike & Carol = CG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yZHveWFvqM
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha I put together your squad, and ran it up against one of the best standard 3xCleanse on my shard.

I made Sass fastest at 269 speed, which won't be fast enough against a Yoda, and without a dispel would probably get slaughtered by Jedi (zQgj(L), zoda, Ani, R2z2, GK. Then I made zDV 2nd fastest at 222, and zNihilus and palps @ 204, the breakeven speed under Sass to ensure nihilus follows Vader. In any event here is the video.

Dang...even worked vs. Rex! Thanks man...our Rex guys switched - but that was a curb stomp. I can see why they switched out Rex for GK - just have baze as the spam taunt actually makes attacking easier in that respect. You have a great team there. Only thing I do different is use EP hate flow in rd 1 and save aoe stun for rd 2. You get O up in rd 2/3 attacks and you break up the team debuffs over 2 rounds. AOE stun rd 2 - even more control. DN / Tarkin have their O on locked with CD yank and O / crit down so you're safe in rd 1 to keep EP to rd 2.

Awesome video though - I didn't know how it would work vs. Rex. EDIT: How it would work vs. Rex + R2 + Chaze - I have used it vs. the mixed meta Rex teams I noted above very effectively, but the Rex cleanse guys have dropped Rex for GK / DN / Wedge.

I've actually been expecting Rex to come down on GG as a result of the shift I saw from the cleanse guys on our board, but still hasn't happened yet.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I have a Z2R2 / GK / zYoda / zJinn team on my shard that I'll try it against to see (you may be right) - but that Jedi-heavy comp I can use other stuff to beat it. That's really not the team that I need to constantly face and adjust to beat at this moment anyway.

Also, I only have 1 night of defending with this team and I fell to #17 - but I was traveling and didn't fight up higher than 6 or 7 that day so I'm not really sure the defend rate. It's probably not the best, but since I don't run Chaze / Rex I'm not going to have elite D rates anyway. Just a note: I have had a 7* G11 Rex since early 2016 and he was my leader back in May / June '16 - I love Rex generally, but have no interest to run him as a lead.

EDIT: I'll ask guys on my LB how it defends - another issue to actually know now it defends is attacks vs. defend rate. I'd assume I would absolutely be targeted at a high rate with no Chaze / GK / R2 / Rex - no taunt, etc. Could it defend well in terms of a % though? Maybe ok, idk.
  • Options
    I don't want to be inadvertently misleading. I went up against Aramil (the best standard 3xCleanse on shard) and got my rear end handed to me twice.

https://youtu.be/vhyefjivODE
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    Options

At 1:46, you decided to feed opposing Nihilus more turn meter. Your Nihilus was ahead until that point, I think, and could have Annihilated him before he got his off. Might have made the difference.
  • Options
    Kriesha wrote: »

At 1:46, you decided to feed opposing Nihilus more turn meter. Your Nihilus was ahead until that point, I think, and could have Annihilated him before he got his off. Might have made the difference.

At 1.46 Baze had his taunt up. Nothing I could do there.
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Then how could you have targetted Nihilus with DT grenade? :)

Edit: I am talking about your previous video from page 2 or so... slow reader.
  • Options

Then how could you have targetted Nihilus with DT grenade? :)

Sorry, got confused on which video.
  • Options

I see it.

Ya, 1st mistake was putting DM on R2.

Looking back, maybe if I targeted nihilus with basic, they'd might not have gained more tm. (if I targeted Baze, then a double shot, and if both critics, then more tm for them.

So you think I should try that set up again.?
  • Options
    I don't want to be inadvertently misleading. I went up against Aramil (the best standard 3xCleanse on shard) and got my rear end handed to me twice.

https://youtu.be/vhyefjivODE

The first Tarkin move should have been IT - then he get's instant TM and you do the UF move - go to that first move - GK wasn't at TM yet - you could have pinned him and Rex bad, which is critical. You really wasted Tarkin there. Then EP coming rd 2 can stun / pen each of them again and by that time SA / DN will be coming around again. If you did that both times with Tarkin it's going to be much less effective. That transition from round 1-2 is big and if you have those cleansers pinned with O down they are in trouble.

You had the ideal setup and place for Tarkin and let them off the hook...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w

• Options

Fast Chaze matters ONLY if if your DN has the unique zeta'd because Chaze going first will get health down and proc cleanse and now everyone will have ten up and you're hosed. Now, I never zeta'd DN unique because of the cleanse teams. Luckily for me my shard top 10 had a lot of Chaze already and cleanse very early on way before it was reflected on GG like 6-8 weeks ahead - the Maul meta was almost over before it even started - he had a few good weeks at most - why I call it the fake meta....so I never would have seen the utility from it in a cleanse / ten up world and I also did not like having a debuff I couldn't control in a cleanse world with ten up - have to plan everything around Chirrut in this game. I also didn't Omega my SiTrooper's basic because I didn't want to counter Chirrut and drop his health and get Baze taunt spam. Chaze manipulates everything you do. Game pivots around those 2 guys.

My concern though is what happens when the DN in those teams is replaced with Ahsoka and I'm unable to put DoTs / O down / Crit down / Stun / shock on her? I can still control her TM - but she's going to be dropping major bombs early on. She probably won't reflect on GG for a while, but I'm 100% going to be fight her OP self very soon in these teams on my leaderboard. Why they are coming out with her right now ... after R2 made these guys stronger I have no idea.

Personally I wouldn't recommend building DS for arena despite these pics - we have Ahsoka and Jedi Luke still yet to come and DS ... who knows. Maybe let's see if June is Thrawn? If nothing changes will we get Luke, you're just going to see more GK / R2 / Chaze teams and assuming Ahsoka is as good in there as I think she will be, your top 5 will be locked. I'm not sure if I'll be able to beat Ahsoka teams - it will for sure present ANOTHER challenge though and need to change vs. Chaze.

Below Video Link Legend:

Jan = me
    Marcia = Chaze
    Mike & Carol = CG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yZHveWFvqM

So since I have zeta-ed DN (I hesitated between him and Vader BTW, big mistake I have made) once I will Zeta Vader I cannot use this setup? Bummer if that.
  • Options

I will say though - Rex is probably a tougher matchup for this particular squad than maybe the others I was showing. Will probably be more RNG - but...

You should also give some background on Aramil - that's also potentially misleading because he has always had elite elite elite teams and is for sure in the top 0.5% if not better of all players in the game. That's a VERY high standard there. I've know him for years now and even in other games he had an outlier type roster / team. Even among just the pay player segment, he's a standout.