New players Kanan and Ezra are must farms.

Replies

• Options
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »
    Wow...that's actually a good point...I'm not new, but I don't have decent rebel/jedi (not a fan of those factions)...so these 2 are a good investment of my effort.
    btw, what's required to unlock Thrawn?

If its like every other Legendary event

5stars will unlock him.
    6stars will 6star him
    7stars will 7star him
  • Options
    Wow...that's actually a good point...I'm not new, but I don't have decent rebel/jedi (not a fan of those factions)...so these 2 are a good investment of my effort.

5stars will unlock him.
    6stars will 6star him
    7stars will 7star him

Rebels/Jedi required? or any characters?

Sorry xD just Pheonix Squadron
  • Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Don't waste your time in Phoenix squad, they're garbage
    There's more to the game than just Arena.

The mega thread seems to disagree with you

Except they tie the main resource (crystals) to arena, so I think that's mainly why the megathread disagrees.
  • Options

5stars will unlock him.
    6stars will 6star him
    7stars will 7star him

No worries, thanks :)
    Btw, wonder how many ppl will respond to this, as many EU fans may not like Rebels as much. as they're totally different media and age category when they were released.

I think it's a little crazy to require such a low usage group with such short notice
  • Options

5stars will unlock him.
    6stars will 6star him
    7stars will 7star him

No worries, thanks :)
    Btw, wonder how many ppl will respond to this, as many EU fans may not like Rebels as much. as they're totally different media and age category when they were released.

I think it's a little crazy to require such a low usage group with such short notice

It is crazy but if they give us enough time to farm its alright
  • Options

Ezra does nicely.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    MPac wrote: »
    And I want to know the effects of a Zeta'd number crunch with Kannan and Ezra (both rebel and Jedi) or even chopper (Droid and rebel).... Perhaps a pheonix + R2 could be viable in arena. (PS. I agree with the more to game then Arena post)

Number Crunch looks for Galactic Republic tag, not Jedi tag.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Yup. Way better than the eeth koth I farmed for yoda at the very least
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Mans_Yolo wrote: »

The mega thread seems to disagree with you

Except they tie the main resource (crystals) to arena, so I think that's mainly why the megathread disagrees.

Except you can gear up more than 10 characters.

Everyone brags about being #1 on their leaderboard (and if we had as many #1s as we have people claiming to be, we'd have an entire leaderboard of them at that) and how they only need their Arena team to perfect finish every raid and Galactic War every time. So either people are full of carp or you can afford to gear and rank lesser characters.

Or both.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Ezra does nicely.
    Also he's a great counter to Baze with his dispell.
  • Options
    AKHatbloke wrote: »

Ezra does nicely.
    Also he's a great counter to Baze with his dispell.

yep, but then again Baze has a aoe dispel...
  • Options
    This is a GREAT thread for new players or even some that have been around for a few months. It's so much easier to focus on only THREE toons for every event instead of 5.
  • Options
    This is a GREAT thread for new players or even some that have been around for a few months. It's so much easier to focus on only THREE toons for every event instead of 5.

It definately is.

And like i said Palps and Thrawn are both Empire toons so earning them builds an R2 team as well
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Kanan is imo an underrated toon. He's great in a zQGJ team for people who don't have GK unlocked. I have him at 4* gr 9 and he shines in GW. He has a good survivability with his unique, can counter and cleanse. Since Phoenix are now farmable, I'll level him up along with Ezra to integrate my arena team until I unlock GK.
    zQGJ, Yoda, JKA, Kanan, Ezra.
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    I don't know, still feels like the last team I would work on in this game
    Edit: nevermind, Nightsisters are the last team I would work on

That's not fair for Tuskens.
  • Options
    Don't forget that all 6 Phoenix characters are pilots. They're pilots! If you farm them, it's a shortcut to utterly dominating Fleet Arena. Go go go go go go go. Hurry! :)
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Don't forget that all 6 Phoenix characters are pilots. They're pilots! If you farm them, it's a shortcut to utterly dominating Fleet Arena. Go go go go go go go. Hurry! :)

Except you can't farm their ship blueprints yet.
  • Options
    Yep, farmin Ezra right now
  • Options

5stars will unlock him.
    6stars will 6star him
    7stars will 7star him

That is exceptionally lame.
  • ddlooping2
    1047 posts Member
    Options
    Very good point, @Grpeephole303, thanks for sharing it. :)
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenix event drops zeta's so that something to look forward to.
  • Options

Have you seen Sabine under a Wedge lead or ZJyn lead with Cassian? If not, maybe give it a try in raids.
  • Options
    Ezra is a generally useful toon and mayyyybe sabine qualifies also. Nice point, OP.
  • Options
    bolobaby wrote: »

Ha! Love it.

Phoenix is EXTREMELY effective in the GW, for example.

Also, arena is easy, just whale out and come in first everyday like me
  • Options
    I think I'm just turned off by rebels in general. I will farm any character as long as they are free, but as Phoenix Squad goes I won't make an effort to level them up just for the upcoming event.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    Ezra is a generally useful toon and mayyyybe sabine qualifies also. Nice point, OP.

You're right, Ezra is a solid toon, not to mention Zeb and Chopper providing exceptional sustain for GW for new players. This squad isn't great in arena as many people have said, but they are worth the investment for new players, especially if the rumors about the Thrawn event are true.
  • SolidStripes
    580 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    When yoda came out few had a bunch of 7* jedi laying around. It was a grind(. Sure jedi been around since the beginning, when level cap was like 40, gear 6 or something. No bonus energy. Game took longer). Level caps increased and rosters grew. Palp event. Grind for rebels. Time went by then R2 event. Another grind for empire.
    This is just another grind for another event. Nothing new. Ftp can't have it all and must decide what they want. Fair enough. Rich kids can buy whatever they want and usually get what they want, and complain about it Lol.

A level 85 player can gear any toon new or old with no money to gear8 really quickly. Newer players, which this thread is about must decide who to start with. This is something to consider
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    Options

Ezra does nicely.

Agreed, Ezra is really good. He will be showing up all over arena with QGJ and R2.
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    Options
    slamaMC wrote: »

Ezra does nicely.

Agreed, Ezra is really good. He will be showing up all over arena with QGJ and R2.

People should be happy that he is so easily farmable. He is a must have for any Jedi team.
  • Options

Ezra does nicely.

People should be happy that he is so easily farmable. He is a must have for any Jedi team.

And kanan is a taunting tank with counter attack. I'm sure there a place for him on a jedi or rebel team somewhere ;)