New players Kanan and Ezra are must farms.

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Eh, I don't see it. Other toons do everything Kanan does much more effectively. Kanan is like a very very bad version of GK.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Eh, I don't see it. Other toons do everything Kanan does much more effectively. Kanan is like a very very bad version of GK.

Not all people have GK.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

Not all people have GK.
    ^^^^^^^
    This illustrates why I'm so hostile on this forum sometimes. Everyone who kvetches about Phoenix Squad or Imperial Troopers or Chewbacca is coming at it from the perspective of fully modded gear 11 zeta characters. You don't just GET those! You need characters to get to them!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Who everyone can get. Not everyone can get GK like you.
  • Ava_Kdizzle
    844 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

@NicWester @BulYwif @Krayden_Phogg

GK was one tank off the top of my head who probably compares closest to Kanan in what their kits do. There are numerous tanks that are more effective than Kanan, although GK is probably the best. Baze is somewhat similar and far better, although obviously he is a difficult farm too. I would rather have ST han, sun fac, shore, RG, Finn, Poe, Sith Trooper, or Savage instead of kanan as well and they all can replicate what he does to some extent and all of them have abilities that one can easily argue are more valuable than kanan's. GK was an easy example, but Kanan is a relatively weak toon. There is nothing wrong with that either. If every new toon was overpowered, then the game wouldn't be fun since your investments would be rendered useless every few weeks.

Also, to everyone saying they cannot get GK, I assure you that there are many HAAT guilds who have it easily on farm and would take an enthusiastic player willing to grow who gets 600 coins every day. So before whining about not being able to get a toon, have you actually tried to join one of these guilds? There was just a post a couple days ago that one large group was specifically looking for low level players to get 600 who would be carried by 10 strong players to all grow together.
  • 212Attack
    277 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Kitten around got him to six star was wondering if it was worth the credits to actually start his kitten
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options

GK was one tank off the top of my head who probably compares closest to Kanan in what their kits do. There are numerous tanks that are more effective than Kanan, although GK is probably the best. Baze is somewhat similar and far better, although obviously he is a difficult farm too. I would rather have ST han, sun fac, shore, RG, Finn, Poe, Sith Trooper, or Savage instead of kanan as well and they all can replicate what he does to some extent and all of them have abilities that one can easily argue are more valuable than kanan's. GK was an easy example, but Kanan is a relatively weak toon. There is nothing wrong with that either. If every new toon was overpowered, then the game wouldn't be fun since your investments would be rendered useless every few weeks.

Also, to everyone saying they cannot get GK, I assure you that there are many HAAT guilds who have it easily on farm and would take an enthusiastic player willing to grow who gets 600 coins every day. So before whining about not being able to get a toon, have you actually tried to join one of these guilds? There was just a post a couple days ago that one large group was specifically looking for low level players to get 600 who would be carried by 10 strong players to all grow together.

Nice list of better toons, But none can do all 3 extremely rare, scheduled, legendary events.

Shoretrooper? Really. Show me a new player who can farm that?

And if everyone left their guilds to go to haat guild there wouldnt be any room left.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I read these posts as saying "I hate the meta that I follow religiously."
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Nice list of better toons, But none can do all 3 extremely rare, scheduled, legendary events.

And if everyone left their guilds to go to haat guild there wouldnt be any room left.

You're missing my point. I completely agree that Kanan was a good farm for newer players given his use across the legendary events. Indeed, I posted earlier in this thread to that effect. I only posted that Kanan was a weaker toon as some other people said he was a very good character and I did not want newer players to be mislead. He is fine, but there are many better tanks than him, including, in my opinion, the 8 or 9 I listed above. Nowhere did I say that all of the toons are equally accessible to new players. In this game of carefully allocating limited resources, however, it is useful to know early on which toons were worth investing heavily in and which are not.

And sure, if everyone left their guilds to join a haat guild, there wouldn't be room. That's true. It's also beyond silly and another mischaracterization of what I said, which was that any individual person saying they can't get GK is probably incorrect since there are definitely options for lower level players to get him if they want to. It might make sense for many of those players to stay in their current guild for numerous reasons, but if the only objective is getting GK, it's definitely doable for anyone who is enthusiastic and motivated.
  • Options

You're missing my point. I completely agree that Kanan was a good farm for newer players given his use across the legendary events. Indeed, I posted earlier in this thread to that effect. I only posted that Kanan was a weaker toon as some other people said he was a very good character and I did not want newer players to be mislead. He is fine, but there are many better tanks than him, including, in my opinion, the 8 or 9 I listed above. Nowhere did I say that all of the toons are equally accessible to new players. In this game of carefully allocating limited resources, however, it is useful to know early on which toons were worth investing heavily in and which are not.

And sure, if everyone left their guilds to join a haat guild, there wouldn't be room. That's true. It's also beyond silly and another mischaracterization of what I said, which was that any individual person saying they can't get GK is probably incorrect since there are definitely options for lower level players to get him if they want to. It might make sense for many of those players to stay in their current guild for numerous reasons, but if the only objective is getting GK, it's definitely doable for anyone who is enthusiastic and motivated.

You're missing the point of the thread completely. It's to help new players who don't have every toon availble unlocked, to be able to have 2/5 toons for Yoda, EP & Thrawn. That way with their limited resources. Then only need to focus on 3 more toons per event. And even less when you consider Phoenix doubles as Rebels. So really they would only need to focus on 3 more Jedi. Also like OP said doing this enables them to unlock EP & Thrawn, 2 empire characters needed to unlock R2. Your GK only unlocks Yoda. It's a cute suggestion, but a bad one when we're discussing new players.
  • Options

You're missing the point of the thread completely. It's to help new players who don't have every toon availble unlocked, to be able to have 2/5 toons for Yoda, EP & Thrawn. That way with their limited resources. Then only need to focus on 3 more toons per event. And even less when you consider Phoenix doubles as Rebels. So really they would only need to focus on 3 more Jedi. Also like OP said doing this enables them to unlock EP & Thrawn, 2 empire characters needed to unlock R2. Your GK only unlocks Yoda. It's a cute suggestion, but a bad one when we're discussing new players.

Lol. The internet never ceases to amaze. I understand reading comprehension may be asking too much here, so I'll keep it short. As I specifically said multiple times now, Kanan is a fine character for new players to farm, but I caution any new player to think twice before investing heavily in him when it comes to gear. Nowhere did I say you should use GK to unlock Yoda. The only thing I said was in response to someone else saying Kanan was a great character, that he is not nearly as good as many other tanks.

Please stop making up insane arguments otherwise and I hope you have a wonderful Thursday.
  • Options

Lol. The internet never ceases to amaze. I understand reading comprehension may be asking too much here, so I'll keep it short. As I specifically said multiple times now, Kanan is a fine character for new players to farm, but I caution any new player to think twice before investing heavily in him when it comes to gear. Nowhere did I say you should use GK to unlock Yoda. The only thing I said was in response to someone else saying Kanan was a great character, that he is not nearly as good as many other tanks.

Please stop making up insane arguments otherwise and I hope you have a wonderful Thursday.

I find you're lack of comprehension on the thread topic disturbing.
  • Options
    New players probably arent worried about a gear XI grind.

You also dont need characters at Gear XI for these events
  • Options
    slamaMC wrote: »
    Don't waste your time in Phoenix squad, they're garbage

Ezra does nicely.

Agreed, Ezra is really good. He will be showing up all over arena with QGJ and R2.

People should be happy that he is so easily farmable. He is a must have for any Jedi team.

If he is staying there after the event great, otherwise he is not going to be easily farmable unless you spend an insane amount of crystals the next few days to refresh your cantina meter.....
  • Options

Ezra does nicely.

Agreed, Ezra is really good. He will be showing up all over arena with QGJ and R2.

People should be happy that he is so easily farmable. He is a must have for any Jedi team.

If he is staying there after the event great, otherwise he is not going to be easily farmable unless you spend an insane amount of crystals the next few days to refresh your cantina meter.....

Why wouldn't he stay there?
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    There's more to the game than just Arena.

Lies

SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    Options

Best response ever. You just forgot one thing, so I'll get it for you:

*mic drop*
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options

Ezra does nicely.

Because they might just be putting them there for the event, and once the event is over they will remove them from the cantina.

FWIW I just used a couple hundred crystals to farm Ezra in the cantina, and believe it or not, the first time I got 0 Ezra shards, the second time I got just 4........
  • Options

Ezra does nicely.

Because they might just be putting them there for the event, and once the event is over they will remove them from the cantina.

FWIW I just used a couple hundred crystals to farm Ezra in the cantina, and believe it or not, the first time I got 0 Ezra shards, the second time I got just 4........

Its RNG my friend ive gotten 10 on one
  • Options

Ezra does nicely.

That sucks for your drops.

I could be wrong but I don't think they've eve made a toon farmable & then remove them? I think once they are released to farm it's for good.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    MPac wrote: »
    And I want to know the effects of a Zeta'd number crunch with Kannan and Ezra (both rebel and Jedi) or even chopper (Droid and rebel).... Perhaps a pheonix + R2 could be viable in arena. (PS. I agree with the more to game then Arena post)

Galactic Republic gets bonus, not jedi...no double dipping.
  • Options
    bolobaby wrote: »

Ezra is a beast. You need to feel the power of the specific assist. Moreover, Watch and Learn doesn't count as an attack, so it works with Ackbar's leader ability.

Ackbar, Tactical Genius
    Ezra, Watch and Learn on Leia
    Leia, Three attacks
    Ezra, Two attacks
    One other rebel, (maybe Biggs!) Attack
    Ezra, immediate reset
    Ezra, either two more attacks OR Flourish to bring TM to 50% to get you closer to doing it all over again

I'm so happy it works this way. I thought Bhodi's ability would work the same, and was really disappointed when it didn't.

Now I have a replacement. :)
  • holyjoe35
    249 posts Member
    Options

couldn't have said it better myself.

palpatine is worth farming 5 rebels. but yoda was a waste and i could care less about thrawn.
  • Options
    holyjoe35 wrote: »

palpatine is worth farming 5 rebels. but yoda was a waste and i could care less about thrawn.

Even if his kit is OP?
  • Options
    holyjoe35 wrote: »

How can you care less about a toon you havent seen the kit of?
  • Options
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »
    Wow...that's actually a good point...I'm not new, but I don't have decent rebel/jedi (not a fan of those factions)...so these 2 are a good investment of my effort.
    btw, what's required to unlock Thrawn?

If its like every other Legendary event

5stars will unlock him.
    6stars will 6star him
    7stars will 7star him

Rebels/Jedi required? or any characters?

Sorry xD just Pheonix Squadron

No worries, thanks :)
    Btw, wonder how many ppl will respond to this, as many EU fans may not like Rebels as much. as they're totally different media and age category when they were released.

I think it's a little crazy to require such a low usage group with such short notice

I guess it'll be a hard hit for Thrawn fans...
    They just took Phoenixes out of schedule, shine them up real nice, turn it sideways, and stick it straight up your candy..... (well you know the rest)

I smell what you're cookin.
  • Options
    They are the only 2 characters able to Unlock Palpatine, Yoda and Thrawn at once.

So if your on a new account those two will take up 2 of 5 needed spaces of each event.

Jolly good show!