Anyone getting even worse shard drop rates after this update?

Prev13
I just went 0/6 in 3 different toons, that has NEVER happened before. Is it me?

Replies

• Options
    tell me about it... I got 1/10 shard for Barriss in cantina and 1/10 shard for Dooku in another refill after the client update. Haiz.... hope tomorrow will turn out better.
  • Options
    Yes, definitely. This is the type of thing that makes me think I am wasting my time (more than I intend to) on this game.
  • Options
    yep.. this seems to be quite nerfed.. only got 1 shard out of 10 tries today..
  • Options
    Me too, even with green mats (farming for my jedi team). Seems pretty nerfed.

BUT we will have to wait and see, the samples are too small at the moment to draw any conclusions.
  • Options
    Definitely nerfed. Went 1/9 on two characters never happened before
  • Options
    Looks same to me. We need to farm several days to see a trend though.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    Seems so to me.
  • Options
    6 Mace shards from 48 tries in Cantina today........
  • Options
    I just did a full energy bar and one refill of GS in Cantina, got 3 shards for 250 Cantina energy, I usually get more like 10 or more shards.

I didn't see anything in the update notes about the change but something definitely is wrong since this topic is going on in multiple posts right now from many players. Sadly, I can't rely on the release notes because they have a reputation of leaving out glaring huge changes and fixes, like the Leader turn 1 speed buff.
  • Options
    They don't want us in the Jedi event.
  • Options
    I'm definitely experiencing this as well, 0/6 for a few hard modes where I usually always have 2 to 4. It'll be interesting to see ongoing results, recording future ones
  • Options
    rs2mark wrote: »
    6 Mace shards from 48 tries in Cantina today........

Got exactly the same
  • Options
    Its RNG , the update just dropped. Its impossible to tell as yet somedays I go 0-10 somedays I go 8-10 its random. Complain about it if its happening consistently not when it happens once you just had bad luck.
  • Options
    I've had about the same as usual
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I had better drop rate this morning. Earned a shard on almost every attempt in Cantina and got just enough to upgrade Barriss to 5 star.

Now, I just have to get Ahsoka to 5 star and I will be able to unlock Yoda at 5*.
  • Options
    I, for one, tire of the RNG talk. It isn't random, it is based on probability, which the developers are fully able and willing to manipulate, behind our backs or otherwise. It would seem coincidental that I (and others) experience a very notable drop in shards after a major update while every other day, it has been stable (more or less). I think this stems from thinking this game is random when it really isn't.

If it picks up in subsequent days, I will apologize. If the developers changed drop rates without telling us, and I spent money on farming assuming they would be honest about any changes they made, I would be quite justified in my disapproval.
  • Options
    This was not the case for me, at least in Cantina, was able to get 5/10 Mace shards yesterday evening after refresh , that got me to 79/80 and got the last one this morning on first try so 6 for 11 is not a bad drop rate.
  • Options
    Same here! Instant difference since update. Roll this garbage back!
  • Options
    something is for sure odd with mine. I normally get 5/10 shards (give or take) in cantina...this morning I went a full 12 without getting one.
  • Options
    same here, got 0/6 on bariss, 3/14 on mace, 4/20 on a purple gear
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    My shard drop for Bariss is horrible. I only need 3 shards and its kinda driving me crazy
  • Options
    Shard rates are better for me today than most of you so far. Although I wasted a whole energy refill trying to farm one crappy piece of gear. A full refill....needed 5 of the gear, I got 1. Worst gear farming day yet.
  • Options
    I think it's the same as before.. I received 13 out of 36 tries for Mace, 5 out of 9 for JC and 1 out of 6 for Rey..so I'd say it's just bad RNG
  • Options
    This could very well be a case of the people who are getting bad luck are the only ones with the motivation to post.

Or maybe not. I haven't noticed a change yet, but I haven't really been paying attention to my drops, either. I'll start monitoring them to see.
  • Options
    I've shifted my mindset from "alright let's get some shards" to "alright let's get some cantina credits!" in attempts to make the shard drop rates not seem not so bad. It doesn't work very well.
  • Options
    I've also had the thought of ninja nerfed drop rates since the update. It was very bad yesterday.
  • Options
    Same here, I spent 8 energy refills and 3 cantina energy refills, and rates have dropped across the board - for Mace and for gear parts.
  • Options
    It def feels The rates have dropped for me too. Had thought it was only me and RNG. Maybe it still is, hard to say. Past 2 days have def been bad.
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    After counting, I did 3 for 33 on Rey hard nodes yesterday. Can't remember exactly number of cantina shards but it was 6 or 7 shards going all the way up to 400 refresh.
  • Options
    Cyclonus wrote: »
    I, for one, tire of the RNG talk. It isn't random, it is based on probability, which the developers are fully able and willing to manipulate, behind our backs or otherwise. It would seem coincidental that I (and others) experience a very notable drop in shards after a major update while every other day, it has been stable (more or less). I think this stems from thinking this game is random when it really isn't.

If it picks up in subsequent days, I will apologize. If the developers changed drop rates without telling us, and I spent money on farming assuming they would be honest about any changes they made, I would be quite justified in my disapproval.

Exactly. I've noticed a decrease from before the update. Can't get my dang GS shards.