Anyone getting even worse shard drop rates after this update?

Replies

• Options
    Maybe due to almost everyone is farming jedis in cantina, (barriss, mace) RNG is having issue of running out of jedi shards to give. :wink:
  • Options
    I had very bad luck overall. I used more than 1000 energy and only got 3 pieces of gear I needed and maybe 8 shards. 1000 energy is definitely a good sample rate. I got 0-6 on Rey and 0-6 on FOTP for example. And 4 Mace out of 340 energy in Cantina.

I think playing with the odds is fraudulent, so I would never expect a reputable company like CG to do this. Yet, I am adding every drop to my statistical spreadsheet and I will calculate the odds of RNg being fair as a scientific project. By using analysis, you can pretty scientifically tell if things are random or "a guided walk"...
  • Options
    I'm never one to start saying drop rates nerfed or anything like that but either I have the worst luck of anyone playing or they were nerfed.

I need 3 purple Vail to equipt a piece a gear on my GS. Did the full energy 0, refreshed 0, refreshed again 1. This is when I wanted to test this. Refreshed 0, refreshed 1, refreshed 1 with 38 energy to spare, and did not get another 1. It took 400 crystals to get 3 pieces of gear.

If it stays like this I'll either just wait for it to show up in the shipments or say heck with it. I'm not spending crystals on refreshes again if drops continue to be this low.
  • Options
    I didn't think twice about it at the time because bad luck happens, but with my 50 energy this morning and a refresh, I might have gotten 2 shards. At the time I was focused on the Credits for the store so that's why I wasn't as irate as I normally would have been. LOL
    Like someone posted above, it is annoying that they can toy with these rates at any time without our knowledge. In my belief, the % chance should be listed next to every drop. There's is really no reason to hide it... UNLESS you want to change it at a whim.
  • Options
    6/6 rey, 1/6 fotp, 3-4/9 jc, 2/6 resistance trooper, etc
  • Options
    I had very bad luck overall. I used more than 1000 energy and only got 3 pieces of gear I needed and maybe 8 shards. 1000 energy is definitely a good sample rate. I got 0-6 on Rey and 0-6 on FOTP for example. And 4 Mace out of 340 energy in Cantina.

I think playing with the odds is fraudulent, so I would never expect a reputable company like CG to do this. Yet, I am adding every drop to my statistical spreadsheet and I will calculate the odds of RNg being fair as a scientific project. By using analysis, you can pretty scientifically tell if things are random or "a guided walk"...

I put myself in their shoes, would I want: a) to rely on a semi-random system that may or may not get me what I want (money) or b) a system in which I control almost exactly what happens to ensure I get what I want (money). I don't fault them for choosing b, but they should make it plain what they change and when they change it...assuming they want more of my money.
  • Options
    Yes shard farming was dismal this morning. Now take cover because here come the rng/confirmation bias blasts.
  • Options
    I've noticed that you DO NOT want to do the find function for character shards or gear...drop rates seem terrible this way and it takes longer to sim. I had better luck just going to the required battle in my own and simming that way. It does seem drop rates are worse...but could just be the psychology of it.

Btw, @EA_Jesse , can we some exchange for all the extra sim tickets we have? I know many of us that refill energy with our crystals are in the thousands. It is a paid for item technically as well...it doesn't seem fair these go to waste. I'm thinking an exchange of sim tickets for energy would be great. Like 25 tix for 50 energy. Thanks.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    I had a great day...5/6 on FOTP
  • Options
    I'm actually getting much improved drop rates . Barris started the day on 68 now on 79!
  • Options
    I'm actually getting much improved drop rates . Barris started the day on 68 now on 79!

Thank you, EA representative :). Just kidding!
  • Options
    You can say what you want, I went 0/6 on every jedi shard I went for today. Literally not even 1 shard. Kyle Ren was just fine. Gee... the coincidence.
  • Options
    2 cantina refreshes here, 250 energy used for 2 shards ... Odds have def changed.

Didn't get any Barris today on normal attacks out of 6, no dooku and 1 fives.

2/25
    0/6
    0/6
    1/6

Love EA sometimes.
  • Options
    Farming Geonosian, I have found that his shards are more common (like 7/10 battles give shards on 1A Cantina today and yesterday since i updated) and the 50 pieces he needs to complete gear 8 (the gear lvl everyone character has but he can complete) is taking significantly slower than the agility and strength 50 piece gears I have gotten for sid, kylo, etc.

I assumed it was because they were more rare, but,,,maybe its changed. I wouldnt know but thats my experience
  • Options
    just went 0/12 on Talia cantina node
  • Options
    I have farmed Mace Windu the exact same way the last 3 days -- 3x cantina refills (48 tries total), and 3 hard modes. Monday, 14 shards. Tuesday, 15 shards. Wednesday (today), 14 shards, with 6 attempts left to go.

I also farmed a whole bunch of gear for Old Ben since the client update went live. And boy did it feel like I wasn't getting very much. But I chalk that up to RNG and the fact that I felt the bad RNG rolls more than usual, since I wanted to stay ahead of the curve with my arena comp. I'm sure what I got was consistent with past stretches, and to the extent it was lower than average, it will even out over time. 25 attempts, 50 attempts, even 100 attempts is not enough to say that drop rates have changed.
  • Options
    My drop rates seem better than ever.
  • Options
    I am keeping detailed stat on drop rates since jan 13th and my last 3 days have been bad but within statiscal limit for normal curve (25%, 27%, 29%). Usually i get higher than this with historical average of 33.7% drop rates. I will be able to tell in 3 days has the results should not stay below average if nothing has changed,
  • Options
    Stodie wrote: »
    just went 0/12 on Talia cantina node

Maybe you should stop farming Talia
  • Options
    Dudomon wrote: »
    I just went 0/6 in 3 different toons, that has NEVER happened before. Is it me?

I got 0/12 from cantina on JC and GS nodes. It is not normal.
  • Options
    I got 3 GS shards on 32 tries and was 0/6 on Dooku and 1/6 on Rey. Usually I average 1 for 3 on cantina and close to that in ls/ds. Not happy with the drop rates today. I also used 2 full energy resets for gear and got 3 total pieces. 400 energy for 3 pieces of gear. I should have just bought the shards in the shipments and at least would have felt more satisfied with my crystal expenditures.
  • Options
    1 for 39 today! I'm suspicious it's been altered but waiting to see what I get tomorrow before decided whether it's worth it for me to buy crystals any more. I'm not a big spender. £20 or so, so far. But it's Not a fun game when you're trying to improve your toons when you're getting nothing in return.

Let's hope my luck changes tomorrow
  • Options
    The Brris drop is pretty bad today. I am working on Barris since 7 days but it has never been so bad
  • Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    I'm never one to start saying drop rates nerfed or anything like that but either I have the worst luck of anyone playing or they were nerfed.

I need 3 purple Vail to equipt a piece a gear on my GS. Did the full energy 0, refreshed 0, refreshed again 1. This is when I wanted to test this. Refreshed 0, refreshed 1, refreshed 1 with 38 energy to spare, and did not get another 1. It took 400 crystals to get 3 pieces of gear.

If it stays like this I'll either just wait for it to show up in the shipments or say heck with it. I'm not spending crystals on refreshes again if drops continue to be this low.

Matches my experience today! i had said 3 gear with 1000 energy and 60% of that was for that gear. I got 2 I believe. I gave up not without feeling this update turned grinding into a scam of epic level 10 magnitude.
  • Options
    Dunno why everyone is so unlucky... after the update, I've got 6/6 Dooku shards and 6/9 consular shards. This is better luck than BEFORE the update. Weird.
  • Options
    oh I guess I wasn't just imagining it. NINJA NERF beaches, grind for your shard currency the even harder way...... :)
  • Options
    I just got 9/9 JC from LS/DS and 12/14 GS from Cantina. Pretty good day.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    seriously though, the shard drops have been redonculously low all of a sudden. intentional? another coincidental bug? any conspiracy theories?
  • Options
    OK, so during my lunch hour I did a bit of farming, here's my results:
    7 for 24 on purple gear drops
    6 for 15 on Mace shards
    So, no I don't notice anything out of the ordinary so far. Those results seem pretty average, maybe even slightly better than the norm for me.
  • Options
    Odd, I didn't even know the update was available. The game never prompted me.

But I do see it in the App Store.