Best 5 Phoenixes for GW

The Phoenix squad seems to have some awesome potential to complete GWs with a fair amount of health and/or protection still intact. But which 5 of the 6 give the best combination of survivability and attack power? Thoughts and rationales greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    Everyone but Chopper. You already have one Tank, and others aren't exactly replaceable.
  • Options
    Everyone but Chopper. You already have one Tank, and others aren't exactly replaceable.

Chopper has zero use other than his basic, so yeah I agree, drop the daily login character.
  • Options
    Ah! Thanks, guys.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Doesn't really fit the topic, but the one and only solution you need for GW is Resistance... so if you are looking into investing for GW, consider zFinn.
  • Options
    I auto it with trooper, i auto it also with sith, most of the time with princess zody, auto it with zader....
  • Jefferx
    362 posts Member
    Options
    Me too i use phoenix team in gw all but chopper since 2-3 month. It is very useful. Can do 1 to 8 with them even if 3 stars. I use often another team for node 6 that is very hard.
    They are at the end, full health and protection and save my pvp or other strong team for very hard node 9, 11 and 12.
  • Options
    @Darth_Graz

OP - don't listen to folks who have never actually USED Phoenix in the GW. I do.

CHOPPER IS A MUST HAVE FOR GW FOR THE TOUGHER NODES.

You want his health regeneration.

The five toons I run GW with are: Hera, Chopper, Kanan, Zeb, and Ezra. If you are going to sub in Sabine, take out Ezra.
  • Options
    bolobaby wrote: »
    @Darth_Graz

OP - don't listen to folks who have never actually USED Phoenix in the GW. I do.

The five toons I run GW with are: Hera, Chopper, Kanan, Zeb, and Ezra. If you are going to sub in Sabine, take out Ezra.

Sorry off topic but I'm thinking about trying a squad that includes chopper would like some insight figuring you have him here is my squad idea. Luminara (zeta lead) chopper R2D2 gk plus 1. Is chopper without ps good he seems on paper he would be.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    @Darth_Graz

Sorry off topic but I'm thinking about trying a squad that includes chopper would like some insight figuring you have him here is my squad idea. Luminara (zeta lead) chopper R2D2 gk plus 1. Is chopper without ps good he seems on paper he would be.

Not from what I have heard, basically Sabine and Ezra are the only 2 that can be useful outside of a Pheonix team. But I have not tried it, so I could just be spreading rumors.

Side note: is R2 a solution to make a more solid pheonix team? His cleanse on crit could be helpful and the stat boost
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    Options
    I say everyone but Sabine, she has great power but she's a huge liability when playing the tougher matches against Rex/Zaul leads and against Biggs because she raises everyone's crit level drastically.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Darth_Graz

Not from what I have heard, basically Sabine and Ezra are the only 2 that can be useful outside of a Pheonix team. But I have not tried it, so I could just be spreading rumors.

Side note: is R2 a solution to make a more solid pheonix team? His cleanse on crit could be helpful and the stat boost

I think chopper would be good with luminara because his basic gives a buff to a ps member as the only one he would get it in addition it has a 60% chance to reduce cooldowns by 1. Which would allow him to taunt more. The added evasion plus the bonus heal over time for every buff would make him very tanky. That dosent include the bonuses from R2D2.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Darth_Graz

Kanan works great with Wiggs and K-ssian in Galactic War. If a unit has protection up at the end of the match it transfers over to the next as standard protection. This combines well with Wedge's lead which provides heal. Plus two counter attacking taunters dishing out offense down isn't bad either.

On the thread topic, Chopper always seemed as crucial as Kanan and Hera with Ezra being the obvious attacker choice and Sabine and Zeb subbing in and out depending on playstyle/challenge.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease