Is the new keycard system fair?

Prev134
Schnolhamot
106 posts Member
edited February 2016
Note: Players now gain 8.4K credits with the random chance of gaining 16 or 24K credits in exchange for 24 energy and 24/7 access to the mission.

It was originally 50 energy for 110K credits; but you could only unlock the mission for 1 hour once a day.

As for the training bots; gains were heavily lowered from 15K exp worth of training droids for 50 energy to 1.5K worth for 24 energy.

Essentially it was lowered by about 80%

Do you think this is fair?

Is the new keycard system fair? 409 votes

No, not at all
94%
dauz6063HyperalloyInhumanesnow6Darthplagueis30noogaboogaDarthPurgatoryYoYoYoda369JJHMarcel_McClaneSenpaiBishopLeftyTwoGunsventselcosmicturtle333CreativeAttackerRAMificationsJabberwockyBlamioniancat21Preemo_MaginImperialRebel 386 votes
Yes
5%
EunoeRutankShentuDragonbleeaauuhMerilonCynMasterTamiasDashboardRoTaNiMoDCasual_PlayerBarabajagalnysisomegame8861AtwellerayemeklierpapnworsAegisSaigeStarjumperDarthRayZakhary 23 votes

Replies

• Options
    No, not at all
    They need to do "maths" more better.
  • Options
    No, not at all
    Greedy EA. I refuse to buy any crystals
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    No, not at all
    I was hoping they were just going to divide the energy and reward in half. Same percentage of a reward but God no. They decided no ones buying these credit packs in the store now.
  • Options
    No, not at all
    Sad to hear this. They made it even worse, LOL.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • chimiXchanga
    26 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No, not at all
    It's not fair at all, but when there's a new action incoming, there's also a reaction. Think about it. Why did they gave you the free energy? You either force spend that on credits, to get to the original income of event, or keep on griding gear and shards.
  • Options
    No, not at all
    Just when I thought the cash grab was relaxing a little....

It's sad to see new features that were added shelved by the user's so quickly...
  • Options
    Sucks, between this and the shard drops and gear drops not paying out, it truly looks like they could give a **** about us and only our money. This whole update ****!!!!!
  • Options
    No, not at all
    Typical EA failure. I quit playing Madden Mobile because they pulled the same greedy thing in that game. GW may become another EA game I quit. When are franchises like Star Wars & the NFL going to find a "Good" company to represent their product and stop using EA?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I hate the way the OP used the word fair, but it's kind of mind boggling-the event
  • Options
    No, not at all
    We need to find that spy that voted yes and make him pay for his crimes.... ;)
  • Options
    No, not at all
    The old event system was borken but this one is even more broken
  • Awar
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No, not at all
    It's trash now, but I'm going to not be using the 200 crystals a day I used to spend on the event and pretty much have no use for them now because it's not worth it along with a lot of other stuff
  • Dashboard
    229 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes
    This is for the most part fair.
    Remember? - We can get an additional 135 energy for FREE, per day. If you want to spend it on the new Events, then by all means do so.

*Hate storm imminent*

Honestly though, I can see it from both perspectives. I just like to bring forth arguments on the other side of the spectrum.
  • SneakyMcPete
    33 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No, not at all
    Dashboard wrote: »
    Remember? - We can get an additional 135 energy for FREE, per day. If you want to spend it on the new Events, then by all means do so.

*Hate storm imminent*

Honestly though, I can see it from both perspectives. I just like to bring forth arguments on the other side of the spectrum.

Well I at least expected the exchange rate that was already bad to stay about the same. They made it worse with a chance at making it not as terrible, yet still worse than the original. It was a step backward imo. When I see a patch I think forward progress not backwards.
  • Options
    No, not at all
    The amount of credits earned is a complete joke. I WAS p2p now going f2p. These money grabs are weak.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wonderful, won't try it again

2BVWTlq.png

• Options
    No, not at all
    Dashboard wrote: »

*Hate storm imminent*

135 free energy? I get 45 free energy every 12 hours not every 8. And even IF that is true; That barely breaks even.

Oh, and who wants to repeat the same battle 40 times to get what they got in 5?

o.o
  • Options
    No, not at all
    J7000 wrote: »
    I hate the way the OP used the word fair, but it's kind of mind boggling-the event

Fair trade is the backbone of every business. A happy customer is a paying customer. The game WAS fair, now it is less so.

It is honestly an awesome game; and I'm merely disappointed with these constant tactics used by companies that ruin the "fair" in the hopes of an increase in income.

It is flawed, dishonorable and schemish. In the end; A person reviewed and signed off on these changes. He should be fired.

What is the difference between doing this and cheating? Maybe we shouldn't bash cheaters and report exploits when these people do the same thing to us!
  • Options
    No, not at all
    I refuse to buy credits because of this and why would I buy chromium packs for characters I can no longer level. Hopefully this is fixed but for now I'm going FTP
  • Options
    No, not at all
    0 energy for 110K credits is 2.2k credits per energy

24 energy for 8,300 credits is 346 credits per energy

So 15% of the previous award or an 85% decrease

This constant reduction in playable benefits is getting really old.

I would love to see the minutes of the meetings where this garbage is hashed out. . .

I used to spend crystals (paid for with $$$) to raise energy and farm keycard credits. . . That will never happen again now.

Unacceptable.
  • Options
    No, not at all
    I'm generally pretty easy going about these kinds of things, but this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. 24 energy to play tier II. Reward is 8,400 guaranteed, with 3X multiplier chance (25,200 max). I'm not sure if that chance is random or based on how well you do in the battle. But unless you're at least level 65 don't plan on making it out at least one death - AI has some serious buffs. One-shot 3 of my toons right out the gate for over 9,000 damage. Pretty disappointed in this.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Meese_Rancher
    125 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No, not at all
    This "refactored" keycard table is absolutely horrible and made an account just to say this. They already nerfed credit gains so hard the last update or so from the challenges, which net you around 200k per, now this in addition to the far worse xp training droids. At higher level play, I find myself scrounging around for what little credits I can hope to get, I feel like a space hobo with how much stuff costs to promote. So sad, this game started out quite possibly the best free to play mobile game I have ever played. My how they have fallen, just another money grab tactic. Good job guys, I would have gladly spent some more money on this, but then underhanded schemes like this always find their way into free to play games. Now you have the audacity to charge $85 (in Canada) for this Jedi bundle, how convenient that it should fall in line with the new Yoda event, you aren't fooling anyone.
  • Options
    No, not at all
    The changes to this and to Galaxy War have made me withhold spending another dime until I see if it is fixed in any way. If I can't win GW and these changes... you just made it a free game for me. Because, I won't spend money on it again.
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No, not at all
    I guess I had to try it before I could give my 2 cents properly. And I could use the 2 crystals for the first attempt as well, so what gives. I just got the free 45 energy, let's go for it. Doing the 24 energy one.

I got 8400 credits. The battle is still a piece of cake (at least, if they made them hard that'd be hilarious, to lose all that energy and not even reward? lol just imagine the outroar).

I really don't care if I can access this 24/7 now, the trade-off is nonsense. If I practically wasn't eager to do this missions before because the ROI was bad, imagine now that it's worse, no matter how unlimited this may be, if no one wants to do it what's the point?

Edit: I did the 20 energy one for the 2 crystals too. I got 6k credits. On both instances I got the lesser reward possible. And even if I had gotten the best reward possible, it is still a bad deal compared with the previous keycard battles.

Oh well.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    I want to apologize ahead of time for the long winded and unfocused response that follow -

NO!!!!!! (Dying Vader voice)

Jedi pack that I just bought will be last money I spend on game til they fix problems with not having enough credits to promote heroes
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • mndynasty
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No, not at all
    Simply not fair
    Post edited by mndynasty on
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    No, not at all
    I'm at that point in the game were if I need a small amount of creds, I would use 50 enegy on 110K, however the new challenge I'm only going to touch if I need 2 crystals for some thing, and that can only be done once for each tier
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No, not at all
    It's even worse then I had initially thought.

At first I assumed they had simply halved the value and were giving ~24k credits for ~24 energy. Then I realized that was with the 3x bonus. :/

That means it's ~1/6th the previous value, which is ridiculous. I thought they said they were going to fix these events in order to make them more appealing?