Devs... Stealth Nerfs & Withholding Information is BAD for the game...

Replies

• Options
    @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera

Any answer to this? You say he would be monitored than nerf the speed. I was farming non mainstream characters not worrying about it because of your notes and comments. I spent a couple thousand crystals and 800 cantina tokens a day on non QGJ toons because of the information you give. I would like some sort of explanation. This is completely unacceptable. I have complimented and patted you guys on the back. I have spent into 4 digits on this game and this move here has me feeling absolutely ripped off to the point I think I might contact apple for a full refund. You cannot tell us one thing and then go against it like that. Terrible for business. I was about to buy another vault of crystals and the pack, but why bother building anyone up if they will just get nerfed to death without notice? Absolute ****.
    Elyndria wrote: »
    I'll be getting a refund if this is real, that's all.

I am also. I spent too much on this game to be treated like this.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

I can assure you we are not trying to "stealth nerf" anything
    If this was an oversight sure, but if this was an intended change you clearly did go behind our backs and make a character worthless without documenting it in your patch notes. Futhermore, you clearly said in your post about Poe that you'd take it slow and see how the aforementioned changes panned out. This change puts him in a completely different speed bracket.

• Options
    Give us the option to convert our useless characters (Poe Dameron) into cantina currency so we can get a month of farming back, please.

I'd be ok with that.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I agree it probably was not an intentional stealth nerf, the problem is he is currently the most used character so things with him should be overlooked. If ugnaught speed got changed by 1 no one would notice or care
  • Options
    Ok everyone, take a deep breath and relax a second, there is a LOT going on today as you can see.

I am checking with our designers on this, but I can assure you we are not trying to "stealth nerf" anything. We've been very open with everything, posting exhaustive update notes and responding to all of your questions. There is a chance that something was overlooked when we were adjusting Poe's gear when working on his his tenacity.

This relationship works both ways. We are trying to be more open with all of you on these forums, and we would like all players here provide constructive feedback to us. Threats of quitting and accusing us of hiding things is not going to get our attention quicker.

Thank you for communicating. This is very upsetting given the previous communication. Couple that with QGJ being ultra buffed and the new way arena works I'll have to spend crystals to get back to my spot.

If this was all a miscue, can we please put Arena back as it was for a couple days? It is unfair that QGJ users got to take advantage of the bug in him for 2 days and Poe users atop that handicap lost his speed.
  • Options
    Saw your post. Thanks for communicating that it was not intentional @EA_Jesse
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding, Jesse. Glad to know this wasn't intentional. Cooling me down, at least. But you have to admit that for probably the most-used non-intro character it's fairly sloppy for this not to get caught in testing. Sorry.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Michajam
    133 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Do not like this post @EA_JESSE specifically said they would continue to look at Poe to see if there still needs a fix. Let me tell you Poe was still broken in the fact no other teams were viable making the game not as fun. Now the game has changed for the better so pleas stop.

This said I feel they are trying to communicate to us and are trying to please everyone. Building up Poe was a risk because they have nerfed characters before and Poe was an easy spot to nerf. Poe is still viable, just not a complete game changer. Poe can't be better than Yoda, right?
  • Options
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    He said it was possible that it wasn't intentional. Don't drop your pitchforks yet.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    Thanks for responding, Jesse. Glad to know this wasn't intentional. Cooling me down, at least. But you have to admit that for probably the most-used non-intro character it's fairly sloppy for this not to get caught in testing. Sorry.

You're implying that testing takes place at all. In case you haven't noticed, we are the testers.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    He said it was possible that it wasn't intentional. Don't drop your pitchforks yet.

Seriously shut up. The game was being strangled by Poe I don't care what anyone says. Now we can get some balance going
  • Options
    Give us the option to convert our useless characters (Poe Dameron) into cantina currency so we can get a month of farming back, please.

Lol, I'll be fine if they refund the cantina energy I spent on Poe after their announcement on his coming changes. I spent all my crystals and dropped QGJ to get him up to par, not just shards but gearing and training him up. I figured jump on the Poe bandwagon before I drop too much in Arena due to being targeted at a higher rate not having him.

I was for nerfing him but the general consensus even among the most stringent nerf him brigade was about the TM reduction. I was, like, I'd still be able to use the fastest tank even when that nerf bat fell! Oh well, to be honest, I'm still going to play the game but it does suck major.

@EA_Jesse, time to win our trust back?
  • Options
    Ok everyone, take a deep breath and relax a second, there is a LOT going on today as you can see.

I am checking with our designers on this, but I can assure you we are not trying to "stealth nerf" anything. We've been very open with everything, posting exhaustive update notes and responding to all of your questions. There is a chance that something was overlooked when we were adjusting Poe's gear when working on his tenacity.

This relationship works both ways. We are trying to be more open with all of you on these forums, and we would like all players here provide constructive feedback to us. Threats of quitting and accusing us of hiding things is not going to get our attention quicker.

I have been nothing but supportive and constructive about the changes until this.

@EA_Jesse I am not sure I can believe this was an oversight. Rather maybe your seeing all those quiet voices come out today when things went too far.
  • Options
    Michajam wrote: »
    Do not like this post @EA_JESSE specifically said they would continue to look at Poe to see if there still needs a fix. Let me tell you Poe was still broken in the fact no other teams were viable making the game not as fun. Now the game has changed for the better so pleas stop.

I think most of us will be OK if in the patch notes it was given that poe speed will be reduced to 80, or 0, The point is they did not communicate this fact. So for a week players were misled. That is the main concern.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    As some comic relief while this settles down, isn't it amusing that we still use pitchforks in this kind of imagery? What is this, the Middle Ages? Frankenstein? :)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    I'll hold off on the refunds but I have little faith left in EA.

I'm waiting for a response on whether I wasted a month and 300 crystals a day for nothing.
  • Options
    All these tears are so delicious. All I hear is *waaah poe isn't allowing me to nuke the entire team before anyone got a chance to act. Now he goes after 1 or two toons on the enemy team, allowing for a fair fight. Waaaaah*
  • Options
    puppyCasey wrote: »
    So, in what way is thedevelopment crewat CG set up? I am extremely disappointed in CG. I hope that CG or EA is bought out and some new folks take over. I liked this game ffs, but alas ... it is currently an absolute joke. I hate to misplace blame, so I dont like hearing about devs did this devs did that, but whomever is making decisions ie shard shop, 1 hr of things to do per day , ... , and all the other stupidly profit motivated schemes.

Lets wait 5 years and compare SWGOH profits to Supercell profits on **** or Boom Beach ... And then compare the two games. SWGOH is a joke45mina dayend game content purely profit based game development, lack of respect for its customers, the parents of certain customers, themselves, Star Wars , and so forth. And what is the result? Less profits than they would have otherwise made by producing a game which maximized peo0les value for their IAP.

I have thought that SWGOH has been behind development wise because of the Movie The Force Awakens rushing things. So i gave them some slack, end game content takes a long time to maoe and they are trying to do their best but ultimately quality is better than quantity so i am all for it.

Then there is the shard shop, the stealth nerf and so forth. Obviously these jokers dont care one iota for the objective quality gake they are producing. They dont care what the value is on the IAPs. I supoosethey figurex out screwing customers over in myltiple ways was the best way to maximize totalprofit because ultimately when 10,000 pay maoe iap, the 10 spending 5,000 is half the 1,000 paying 100.

I have no experience with CG or EA before this, but i mean why would i ever install one of their games in the future? Why would anyone

I hope to see CG bankrupt due to Play Store / iTunes refunds and SWGOH taken overby an honest, competent, and intelligent group of people. Or maybe a group of hackers starts some private SWGOH servers.

I am still having fun ( in extremely limited amounts... ). Maybe its simply proof that a stock market is going to screw over most people. EA has an obligation to the stock holders. I onoy thought that there would not exist a conflict of interestand what was good for the stock holders was good for the customers.

I hope a new premium or iap tactical(ish) turn based rpg is released in the next few so i have somethingbetter to do than to chat on this forum.

Relax
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    All these tears are so delicious. All I hear is *waaah poe isn't allowing me to nuke the entire team before anyone got a chance to act. Now he goes after 1 or two toons on the enemy team, allowing for a fair fight. Waaaaah*

Exactly how I'm seeing these posts too lol
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options

I am checking with our designers on this, but I can assure you we are not trying to "stealth nerf" anything. We've been very open with everything, posting exhaustive update notes and responding to all of your questions. There is a chance that something was overlooked when we were adjusting Poe's gear when working on his tenacity.

Deep breath. Agreed it can be oversight as part of nerfing a gear to nerf Poe's tenacity. But where and when was the tenacity nerf on Poe communicated, since clearly that part was intentional ?
  • MenaceTEC
    670 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Wait for your precious QGJ to be nerfed once he is seven stars.

Your tears will be so much more sweet just due to your imputence.
  • Vos
    46 posts Member
    Options
    All I've seen for weeks is nerf poe and now he gets "stealth nerfed" everyone is mad..if I was dev I wouldn't know what to do...I doubt he has "stealth nerfed" @EA_Jesse has been open and reachable on the forums and all we do is attack him...just relax and I'm sure the issue will be resolved
  • Options
    While the result of this doesn't bother me in the least; is anyone else getting tired of the "oops!" exscuse?

This is supposed to be a professional company, one that we have given a great deal of money for in essence nothing.

The way this game is being run, the lack of communication as well as the communication (calling us toxic, being argumentative, even @EA_Jesse response to this post), the way updates are accomplished,the timing of updates, the fact that bugs are completely ignored in favor of ui updates;this all just points at the company being incredibly unprofessional.

If I ever spoke to a customer in the way they speak to us I would be fired. If my company did anything that cg does to us repeatedly we would go out of business. But I'm sure I will get yelled at for being mean to cg by the same fanbois who took up the toxic cry and constantly post thank yous to cg.
  • Options
    d3gauss wrote: »
    While the result of this doesn't bother me in the least; is anyone else getting tired of the "oops!" exscuse?

This is supposed to be a professional company, one that we have given a great deal of money for in essence nothing.

The way this game is being run, the lack of communication as well as the communication (calling us toxic, being argumentative, even @EA_Jesse response to this post), the way updates are accomplished,the timing of updates, the fact that bugs are completely ignored in favor of ui updates;this all just points at the company being incredibly unprofessional.

If I ever spoke to a customer in the way they speak to us I would be fired. If my company did anything that cg does to us repeatedly we would go out of business. But I'm sure I will get yelled at for being mean to cg by the same fanbois who took up the toxic cry and constantly post thank yous to cg.

Not many board members probably know what it's like to run a business.

I work in this industry my fans are my #1. The people who give my studio money make my work and my artists work possible.

Guess what EA I would apologize not chastise.
  • Options
    They gave me Poe for free when I started this game 41 days ago and ive spent hundreds of dollars and put every single cantina shipment towards him. Hit 7 stars today, so I'm going to celebrate by never spending another dime on this app.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Regardless of intentional or not they reserve the right to make changes. Terms of service.

Moot post.
  • Options
    They took away his tenacity from gear and his passive, and nerfed his expose % chance. We were optimistic to see how arena panned out. They they make speed arena skills possible in arena, which is a hefty nerf to Poe as is.
    And now if this is intended, they made him a turtle... after explaining that they would watch Poe with the nerfs that went through today and see how things go. Explain how this is fine? And explain why we shouldn't be upset?
  • Options

I'm waiting for a response on whether I wasted a month and 300 crystals a day for nothing.

Hes still a very viable character, and he was given out to a lot of people so i dont know which refund you want to be honest. Characters get changed all the time, i dont see why dont understand and expect refunds when things are adjusted for the games sake.
  • SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I personally find it disturbing they do not have patch notes for all changes.

Developer changes a whole bunch of stuff. Here's some patch notes for you to release.

Huh? Giving a full list of changes is apparently difficult for CG?

Its like the bundle packs/chronium. They could have just gave all shards so as not to penalize people who already unlocked the characters.

I know all companies are about making money.

But for the price of the IAP there seems to be little value outside of nostalgia sake atm

Take the anakin bundle 4 star anakin 2 star qgj ashoka tokens for that price? Couldn't put in a 5 star to help unlock yoda??

I am not sure if % damage reduction is hard to code. It would open up the meta for all types of team composition if damage was toned down.

Arena meta is so limited. Everything is speed n high damage. You just need to win RNG to go first. Pick the right target to dps down.

Value is sorely lacking.

Even if u p2p to unlock everything. U will barely even use 20% of your roster
  • Options

Hes still a very viable character, and he was given out to a lot of people so i dont know which refund you want to be honest. Characters get changed all the time, i dont see why dont understand and expect refunds when things are adjusted for the games sake.

Uh he isn't at all. Not with speed leader skills reigning king. You haven't seen the new QGJ teams apparently.
This discussion has been closed.