Devs... Stealth Nerfs & Withholding Information is BAD for the game...

Replies

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Dang, as a Poe user I actually enjoyed his nerf today. So many teams crumbled today and I seen really amazing new possiblities with POE still being a good tank but not the 143 beast he was. :/
  • TerraArran
    341 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I agree that Poe did not need a nerf on his speed, tenacity, or expose chance, but he did need a nerf to his turn meter manipulation, maybe next time they might look into it more and maybe the mistake of changing his gear requirements would have never happened.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    All these tears are so delicious. All I hear is *waaah poe isn't allowing me to nuke the entire team before anyone got a chance to act. Now he goes after 1 or two toons on the enemy team, allowing for a fair fight. Waaaaah*
    But that's not what you're hearing. What you're hearing is "they told us they weren't doing this, and told us our teams would be revealed so we invested in protecting ourselves. Then they did this."
    And that's not ok. If they just had said in the patch notes preview this was coming it would've changed everything. Now we know this was likely a mistake.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Ok everyone, take a deep breath and relax a second, there is a LOT going on today as you can see.

I am checking with our designers on this, but I can assure you we are not trying to "stealth nerf" anything. We've been very open with everything, posting exhaustive update notes and responding to all of your questions. There is a chance that something was overlooked when we were adjusting Poe's gear when working on his tenacity.

This relationship works both ways. We are trying to be more open with all of you on these forums, and we would like all players here provide constructive feedback to us. Threats of quitting and accusing us of hiding things is not going to get our attention quicker.

Agreed and I understand. You can't blame us for being upset at dumping all of our resources and some extra cash into creating a Poe-led resistance team to find that the leader got nerfed into the ground. Without Poe, said resistance team is weak. I have done this, putting extra into farming extra shards for Rey and Trooper beyond the few chances I get each day. That is a lot of wasted resources. You have done everything to make it easy to counter this. With no changes, there were already quite a few ways to beat him. I would have rather you drop his speed a bit instead of his expose or tenacity. All three, though!?
    Post edited by Ello_Asty on
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    HAHA TIME FOR LOBOT B)
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Elyndria wrote: »
    I'll hold off on the refunds but I have little faith left in EA.

I'm waiting for a response on whether I wasted a month and 300 crystals a day for nothing.

Hes still a very viable character, and he was given out to a lot of people so i dont know which refund you want to be honest. Characters get changed all the time, i dont see why dont understand and expect refunds when things are adjusted for the games sake.

When people have poured time and money into a character and then he gets nerfed its hard to see the greater good. For F2P or moderate spenders this means devoting majority of their resources into one character for more than a month. Its hard not to be bitter if it all goes down the drain.

• Options
    d3gauss wrote: »
    While the result of this doesn't bother me in the least; is anyone else getting tired of the "oops!" exscuse?

This is supposed to be a professional company, one that we have given a great deal of money for in essence nothing.

The way this game is being run, the lack of communication as well as the communication (calling us toxic, being argumentative, even @EA_Jesse response to this post), the way updates are accomplished,the timing of updates, the fact that bugs are completely ignored in favor of ui updates;this all just points at the company being incredibly unprofessional.

If I ever spoke to a customer in the way they speak to us I would be fired. If my company did anything that cg does to us repeatedly we would go out of business. But I'm sure I will get yelled at for being mean to cg by the same fanbois who took up the toxic cry and constantly post thank yous to cg.

Its EA, stealth nerfs, criticizing the customer, and overcharging for content is what they do. If you want to play Star Wars anything then that is something you should expect.

Anyway I have never had an issue with poe in pvp and it was already stated (more or less) that its going to be changed back. But it sounds like everyone wants to quit because you can't steamroll the other team anymore? Because like I said, stealth nerfs are nothing new.
  • Options
    Ok everyone, take a deep breath and relax a second, there is a LOT going on today as you can see.

I am checking with our designers on this, but I can assure you we are not trying to "stealth nerf" anything. We've been very open with everything, posting exhaustive update notes and responding to all of your questions. There is a chance that something was overlooked when we were adjusting Poe's gear when working on his tenacity.

This relationship works both ways. We are trying to be more open with all of you on these forums, and we would like all players here provide constructive feedback to us. Threats of quitting and accusing us of hiding things is not going to get our attention quicker.

You tell everyone to calm down because this MAY not have been intentional? In other words, YOU don't know. If you are trying? Well you are failing miserably, punk.

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

Leave his speed lower, thats the only thing you did to poe that has any effect on his performance (tenacity means nothing to him) speed is everything to him.
    He is still a boss in arena (i been battling only poe teams to see what everyone was cryin about and poe still performs top notch)
    Simply put, poe does not need to get the speed back that you took away to be an elite/top noth toon. His performance is still MILES better then the onther tanks. Leave him as is and evaluate his performance properly BEFORE u give him back his speed and make him change the battle before ppl can even act like before. Give it time an see how his lower soeed works out.
  • Options
    I'm also going to just point out the Q&A thread closed over 2 weeks ago and they still have not answered the questions.

Really? It takes over 2 weeks to answer simple questions about a product you know EVERYTHING about? I give answers back on much more complex questions on much more complex products in hours if not minutes.
  • Options
    Give us our cantina shipments back if you keep the stealth nerfs in, like hearthstone does when they nerf characters.

I'll never use Poe again in arena, and he's useless everywhere else. I don't enjoy being deceived.
  • Options
    I don't think speed tiers anymore. 142, 143 - no big difference .
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    All these tears are so delicious. All I hear is *waaah poe isn't allowing me to nuke the entire team before anyone got a chance to act. Now he goes after 1 or two toons on the enemy team, allowing for a fair fight. Waaaaah*
    But that's not what you're hearing. What you're hearing is "they told us they weren't doing this, and told us our teams would be revealed so we invested in protecting ourselves. Then they did this."
    And that's not ok. If they just had said in the patch notes preview this was coming it would've changed everything. Now we know this was likely a mistake.

If they had announced it they would have to deal with this explosion head on.

Now they can say "whups".

Why would @EA_Jesse know these things? Plausible deniability... No one has to lie if he didn't know. Someone knew and wanted to test the waters with the option to save there own **** if **** hit the fan... Which it has.
  • Options
    I guess you guys didn't mean to nerf the purple mats in cantina huh? Well you did.
    https://youtube.com/user/MurdaDeadpool/videos Subscribe and follow me here teaminstinct.net/ Home to Team Instinct
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »

Leave his speed lower, thats the only thing you did to poe that has any effect on his performance (tenacity means nothing to him) speed is everything to him.
    He is still a boss in arena (i been battling only poe teams to see what everyone was cryin about and poe still performs top notch)
    Simply put, poe does not need to get the speed back that you took away to be an elite/top noth toon. His performance is still MILES better then the onther tanks. Leave him as is and evaluate his performance properly BEFORE u give him back his speed and make him change the battle before ppl can even act like before. Give it time an see how his lower soeed works out.

This is how Poe was before the level 70 bump, which also made him turn 1. He was the best tank and part of many teams but by no means exceptional. In arena, with 142 speed he will be like JC, useful if you don't have anything else. In GW he will always be very useful.

• Options
    I think it's cute people start to imagine the current Arena is anything more than RNG who shoots first and suceeds to focus fire down your opponent first.

Poe strangling the game?

Its the damage scaling that is the problem.

Since 2 attacks or 2 assists from the right toon. Your opponent loses a toon

There is little skill. Just grinding the fastest damage dealers
  • Options
    Before I make a definite decision I want to read a definite answer particular to This issue. Completely changing chars, modifying them without notes after it was promised this wouldn't happen again, and returning to Barris-like practices at this point where many have invested $500 and over in the game is very delicate. I was also very scared to see promises not being kept. While I have no relation whatsoever to those that use a programing bug that allowed some to attain an accomplishment several times, I found excessive force in banning these people, an unncesary punishment, with no prior precedence, and contrary to the promise made to them.

Also, from one oatch to anither to drastically affect the entire game and who's competitive and whonis not is in violation of congruence and persistance of rules. If huge bugs where present, thatbwoukd be fixed, we had to have very advance notes. We invest money into characters that take 6 months and require hundreds of dollars with the promise our investments are not to be rendered futile and worthless. One thing is investing in the wrong synergy. Anither entire is if CG affects the game to completely alter this through a patch.

I am looking forward to an explanation of why Poe speed dropped exactly 1 in speed. And hiw this could have possibly been an error. I demand transparency and if it was a hidden nerf to not call it otherwise.

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera @CG_AaronNemoyten

Lastly, I am nobody. CG can silence me. Ban me. Ignore me. Delete my posts. I am just another powerless person in thousands and thousands playing here. I don't have the absolute truth, and I could say things maybe in a better way. I am also fallible. I write this knowing messages like this are usually not getting me much rapport.. But I prefer to voice all this, as I'd be even more sad if this where to happen a year from now. It's a game - but I have invested at least 200 hours and if I keep playing about two hours a day, for a year or more, that's about 25% of my time (excluding Sleep and Work). So for me, it is important to know which rules CG will follow to ensure meta isn't shifted in a tectonic way through a patch rather than gradual introduction of new heros and new levels, if they are going to keep not keeping promises, and what are the player rights.

So far we have a right to post, and accept whatever CG decides unilateraly. And we don't even have a right to expect promises to be kept.

I am sorry to not be very satisfied, and acklowledge CG does it best, and there is never anything ill intended. I am talking about facts and things as are, making me very unpleased and worried, just as these may please and be applauded by someone else.

Looking to understand how Poe deops 1 speed, and prefer a straigh answer to things that will not be credible (one piece if gear was affected by mistake would be kind of a nail in the coffin for this, even if that piece is reverted back). I prefer a logical explanation or whatever the thruth than a damage control answer which causes credibility loss.

Regards,
  • Options
    Wait for your precious QGJ to be nerfed once he is seven stars.

Your tears will be so much more sweet just due to your imputence.[/quote]

if gqj with his speed leader turns out to be another poe, then I'm ok with a slight nerf. He'll still be very viable with slight reduction in speed or leadership ability. Just like Poe. Still fast, just not fastest. Still resists everything, still exposes toons, still reduces turn meter, still has massive health, etc...
  • Options
    I'm also going to just point out the Q&A thread closed over 2 weeks ago and they still have not answered the questions.

Really? It takes over 2 weeks to answer simple questions about a product you know EVERYTHING about? I give answers back on much more complex questions on much more complex products in hours if not minutes.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/9619/will-the-q-a-results-be-posted-soon#latest

That Q&A thread was announced at the start of January.

I've lost all hope in the developers.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Wow another over reaction tantrum thread on the forums. CG communicate with this community more than most companies and you continue to complain. Your toon gets adjusted in a way you don't like and you threaten to quit and demand refunds. Start acting like adults
  • Options
    puru_EA wrote: »

This is how Poe was before the level 70 bump, which also made him turn 1. He was the best tank and part of many teams but by no means exceptional. In arena, with 142 speed he will be like JC, useful if you don't have anything else. In GW he will always be very useful.

I have always used him in GW. Today he died before I could heal him every time. Eventually I swapped him out for high damage. At least the AI is too stupid to kill off a character before I heal.

Don't appreciate tenacity. Borrow someone's high star/lvl Luke and see how many status effects hit on your team.

He's already useless.
  • Options

I'm waiting for a response on whether I wasted a month and 300 crystals a day for nothing.

Hes still a very viable character, and he was given out to a lot of people so i dont know which refund you want to be honest. Characters get changed all the time, i dont see why dont understand and expect refunds when things are adjusted for the games sake.

Uh he isn't at all. Not with speed leader skills reigning king. You haven't seen the new QGJ teams apparently.

I ran Phasma Lumi, Poe, Sid, GS and a QGJ team attacked me 13 times before it was my turn to make my 1st move,lol.
  • Options
    dkredsox wrote: »

I am checking with our designers on this, but I can assure you we are not trying to "stealth nerf" anything. We've been very open with everything, posting exhaustive update notes and responding to all of your questions. There is a chance that something was overlooked when we were adjusting Poe's gear when working on his his tenacity.

Phew, seems as it was unintentional after all.

I don't get "unintentional" from this at all. I get, "I have no clue what happened, but knock off the complaining." I get, "we're not trying to 'stealth nerf,'" not "we're not trying to nerf." They still very possibly could have intentionally nerfed him without trying to be "stealth" about it. Just as guys are quick to judge them as guilty, don't be quick to White Knight.
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/9619/will-the-q-a-results-be-posted-soon#latest

I honestly don't blame them. I am a dev and when it comes to choosing between making existing customers slightly more happy or getting new customers (or $$$), $$$ always wins. They have been busy releasing new content and patching a lot of existing bugs. They UI is waaaay better now. I would cut them some slack on the Q & A thing.
  • Options
    Tak wrote: »

Exactly how I'm seeing these posts too lol

Yep, pretty much.
  • Options
    vangoh wrote: »
    Wow another over reaction tantrum thread on the forums. CG communicate with this community more than most companies and you continue to complain. Your toon gets adjusted in a way you don't like and you threaten to quit and demand refunds. Start acting like adults

I think it's cute you say they communicate more than most companies but for a game with pretty pricey IAP

They can't even give us a full list of patch notes...
  • Options

Uh he isn't at all. Not with speed leader skills reigning king. You haven't seen the new QGJ teams apparently.

I ran Phasma Lumi, Poe, Sid, GS and a QGJ team attacked me 13 times before it was my turn to make my 1st move,lol.

Ouch..
  • Options
    puru_EA wrote: »

I honestly don't blame them. I am a dev and when it comes to choosing between making existing customers slightly more happy or getting new customers (or $$$), $$$ always wins. They have been busy releasing new content and patching a lot of existing bugs. They UI is waaaay better now. I would cut them some slack on the Q & A thing.

It has taken them five weeks to answer some questions that we all want answered and you expect me to cut them some slack?

Five weeks!

That is absolutely ridiculous. Most people probably forgot the Q&A was even happening.

That isn't the only reason I've lost all hope in the devs btw, it is one of many reasons (if you thought that was all).
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options

With changes to speed leadership being applied on turn 1, not only is poe going after turn 7 toons, he also has to do a coinflip with toons like obi-wan kenobi(with qgj leadership) since both are turn 8 characters.

Isn't a tank supposed to be a meatshield? If poe cannot taunt in time, he is absolutely useless as a tank, since you would be down 1-2 critical toons before poe gets his turn.

• Options
    1st post in forum, started this game 3 weeks ago max, decided to go all in for QGJ instead doing same as everyone and build POE, i knew after reading and understanding why poe was that "threat" he would get nerfed.

Anyway , its not my 1st kind of this freemium and you ll learn they mostly care about money so all you have to do is if your willing to spend money to accept most of things to happen relativs to changes. Im quite happy to have made decision not going like a sheep even if it was a Must have heroe and glad it get nerfed for the good of this game diversity :)

now i understand the frustartion but you have to deal with it since you could predict as i do, or simply not spend money or play the game at all. Enjoy the game as it is or leave, anyway we all gonna leave someday playing this. just remember those games are made "freemium" because it makes more money, f2p make the base players and usually even put a little money, they play with your frustration to spend money, they always win.

i saw There was a Kind admin there around which answered you all in a kind way, this not happen in evry kind of game like this, at least they are around and trying pleasure evrybody.

sry for this english im french, regards to all
This discussion has been closed.