Devs... Stealth Nerfs & Withholding Information is BAD for the game...

1235Next

Replies

• obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Elyndria wrote: »
    I'll hold off on the refunds but I have little faith left in EA.

I'm waiting for a response on whether I wasted a month and 300 crystals a day for nothing.

Hes still a very viable character, and he was given out to a lot of people so i dont know which refund you want to be honest. Characters get changed all the time, i dont see why dont understand and expect refunds when things are adjusted for the games sake.

Uh he isn't at all. Not with speed leader skills reigning king. You haven't seen the new QGJ teams apparently.

1. Even with his speed dropping from 143 to 142, he is still the quickest tank (Han becomes Turn 8 only with Ackbar as the leader)
    2. He still is the only hero with an expose AOE
    3. He still has the highest tenacity
    4. He still delivers 25% turn meter reduction
    5. He has more health than Han who is liable to an one shot kill

That looks pretty viable and competitve to me.

Besides, I thought people who were opposed to Poe being balanced were telling the "nerf bunnies" that you need a better strategy, deal with it, etc. Why not apply that same argument to yourself rather than "whining" and resorting to refund threats? Seriously, be consistent.
  • Options
    Tak wrote: »
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    Saw your post. Thanks for communicating that it was not intentional @EA_Jesse
    He said it was possible that it wasn't intentional. Don't drop your pitchforks yet.

Seriously shut up. The game was being strangled by Poe I don't care what anyone says. Now we can get some balance going
    All these tears are so delicious. All I hear is *waaah poe isn't allowing me to nuke the entire team before anyone got a chance to act. Now he goes after 1 or two toons on the enemy team, allowing for a fair fight. Waaaaah*

If they change the business model and charge a subscription, they can do whatever they want. If I don't have fun anymore I quit. This game allows you to invest from $ to literraly $5000 or more per semester. And since they chose this midel, they better get their their feet in the ground. What they are doing is very risky and completely different from balancing in other (literally) thousands if games I have played.
  • Options
    1st post in forum, started this game 3 weeks ago max, decided to go all in for QGJ instead doing same as everyone and build POE, i knew after reading and understanding why poe was that "threat" he would get nerfed.

Anyway , its not my 1st kind of this freemium and you ll learn they mostly care about money so all you have to do is if your willing to spend money to accept most of things to happen relativs to changes. Im quite happy to have made decision not going like a sheep even if it was a Must have heroe and glad it get nerfed for the good of this game diversity :)

now i understand the frustartion but you have to deal with it since you could predict as i do, or simply not spend money or play the game at all. Enjoy the game as it is or leave, anyway we all gonna leave someday playing this. just remember those games are made "freemium" because it makes more money, f2p make the base players and usually even put a little money, they play with your frustration to spend money, they always win.

i saw There was a Kind admin there around which answered you all in a kind way, this not happen in evry kind of game like this, at least they are around and trying pleasure evrybody.

sry for this english im french, regards to all

QGJ is the flavor of the month... I repeat he will be nerfed too. Lol
  • Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    He isn't.
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Ok everyone, take a deep breath and relax a second, there is a LOT going on today as you can see.

I am checking with our designers on this, but I can assure you we are not trying to "stealth nerf" anything. We've been very open with everything, posting exhaustive update notes and responding to all of your questions. There is a chance that something was overlooked when we were adjusting Poe's gear when working on his tenacity.

This relationship works both ways. We are trying to be more open with all of you on these forums, and we would like all players here provide constructive feedback to us. Threats of quitting and accusing us of hiding things is not going to get our attention quicker.

It wasn't a threat. I simply stated I would stop supporting the game if communication didn't improve. A change, whether intentional or not, without informing the player base of it is a "sneaky" or stealth change. This boils down to not documenting all the changes that go into an update rather than just the ones you see fit. For example, in the current update, re-prioritizing when the leader bonuses are applied is a very important change that was not documented inside of the patch notes. It's things like this that whether you intend to or not, vastly change the landscape of the game and you're requiring your player base to discover these things for you.

But I would love to offer some constructive feedback, here you go:
    • The mechanics of this game should be openly accessible information (not needing to be data-mined) and well documented. Things like the ability damage modifiers, how armor and armor penetration interact with each other (damage formula), crit/dodge/resistance/deflection/penetration ratings and how they interact with each other, potency/tenacity, etc. as well as the base values for these things.
    • All changes made to the game should be well documented internally and then any of those changes which directly affect the players of your game should be informed of those changes.
    • EXAMPLE: The developers were aware that they re-prioritized the order that leadership abilities were applied, making +speed leaders apply their speed bonus prior to the turn meters filling up in turn 1. This is vitally important to the player base, as it opens up the opportunity for dozens of characters to act first in the game and with the current Speed / Damage meta, going before your opponent can make all the difference.
    • FOLLOW UP EXAMPLE: There are certain bits of information which you can't post in the patch notes because you aren't aware of it, like the bug that increased the amount of speed QGJ's leader ability was giving to his allies. In those scenarios, it is up to the QA/play testers to find that information or have the community find and inform you of it which is what happened. This is fine... however I would argue that the change with Poe was not one of these scenarios. Regardless of the speed decrease being a secondary and unintentional effect of changing his gear, the gear changes should have been documented in the patch notes. IE: Mk II BLAHBLAH gear has been replaced with Mk I BLAH gear. This will affect Poe by reducing his tenacity X amount and his speed Y amount.
    • When CG/EA makes a mistake, we would appreciate an apology and some type of gesture of good faith as compensation for that mistake. EXAMPLE: You recently had a droid bundle in the store that you stated was a 30% off the cost of training droids in the shipments container when in actuality the bundle was only a 1.5% discount. You responded stating that the discount was taking into consideration the cost of refreshing the shipments container multiple times, however if you do the math including the cost of crystal refreshes the discount far exceeds 30% so that is not a valid explanation either. The truth therefore is either that A. The discount was stated as 30% in order to appear like a better deal than it actual is, or B. The discount was input incorrectly and was not a true 30% discount. You can read about this issue here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/9031/pack-45-t5-training-droid-30-discount/#latest
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    They didn't want to release notes on the leader speed change because they didn't want the uproar they are seeing now.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    He isn't.

1. Tell me why he isn't
    2. Using the same arguments that were thrown against the Poe "nerf bunnies," hey, learn to deal with it... you need a better strategy... stop whining... whatever else that was mentioned in the past

I have Poe as well, but am glad we are over with the "whose Poe goes first" dice roll. He is now a really good tank rather than being a mandatory in an Arena squad.
  • Options
    Love how the refund thread was deleted.
  • Options
    I definitely agree with everything you have said here, oTradeMark. I have a different concern, though. I am only about 2 for 12 against you on offense in arena with my all f2p team with only 2 7* heroes, so the less mechanics info you get, the better off I am. ^^
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    He isn't.

1. Tell me why he isn't
    2. Using the same arguments thrown against the Poe "nerf bunnies," hey, learn to deal with it... you need a better strategy... stop whining... whatever else that was mentioned in the past

I have Poe, but am glad we are over with the "whose Poe goes first" dice roll.

I don't feel like getting in-depth and repeating every argument.

Just because he's a turn 2 tank doesn't make him viable. Damage is too high. He was only viable because he was a turn 1 character. Now Leia/QGJ/Rey, GS, other tier 1 attackers go before him 100% of the time and kill everyone else on the team. Please refrain from making posts regarding balance if you don't understand the metagame.
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »

well, i guess this is the official/EA owned forum, but still....
    Probably best to ask about that stuff in the Reddit forum
  • Options
    All these tears are so delicious. All I hear is *waaah poe isn't allowing me to nuke the entire team before anyone got a chance to act. Now he goes after 1 or two toons on the enemy team, allowing for a fair fight. Waaaaah*

this :D
  • Options
    And please go easy on the forum admins

I don't think they have any real power to demand anything from CG

They work based on information from above and what those above give them when asked.
  • Options
    Is this thread saged? lol. it doesn't seem to be bumping.

• Options

Yep. This thread has been stealth nerfed. It's how forum mods quietly shut down a discussion without closing or deleting threads.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    He isn't.

1. Tell me why he isn't
    2. Using the same arguments thrown against the Poe "nerf bunnies," hey, learn to deal with it... you need a better strategy... stop whining... whatever else that was mentioned in the past

Just because he's a turn 2 tank doesn't make him viable. Damage is too high. He was only viable because he was a turn 1 character. Now Leia/QGJ/Rey, GS, other tier 1 attackers go before him 100% of the time and kill everyone else on the team. Please refrain from making posts regarding balance if you don't understand the metagame.

How is that any different for Han. He is slower than Poe and squisher than Poe. Chewie is tankier, but even more slower.

...and yes, too much damage and too much speed are the real issue - which you have been a beneficiary till now, thanks to Poe allowing your team to go first and snipe the opponent.

I guess you relished too much on Poe to survive in the Arena. Please refrain from making personal attacks if you can't deal with changes.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Yeah, it has.

More underhanded tactics from the devs.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options

this :D

This +1, just wanted to check forums, but then my attention was brought here, good laugh I did have
  • Options
    This is not the thread we are looking for.

Not being bumped up when we comment

Hehe
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse Nice. Keep the community quiet for bringing up real issues? Disgusting.
    He isn't.

1. Tell me why he isn't

How is that any different for Han. He is slower than Poe and squisher than Poe. Chewie is tankier, but even more slower.

I guess you relished too much on Poe to survive in the Arena. Please refrain from making personal attacks if you can't deal with changes.
    Don't compare Poe to other tanks, because he has never been comparable. The metagame will never use tanks anymore unless a tier one tank is released or poe is reverted. He's just not viable anymore in arena, and it's obvious.
  • Options
    Plasmaj wrote: »
    MenaceTEC wrote: »

well, i guess this is the official/EA owned forum, but still....
    Probably best to ask about that stuff in the Reddit forum

Lol yeah i have started to notice some of my posts are being deleted. Don't talk crap about EA :)
  • Options
    I closed another "unintentional nerf" thread...Jesse already has a post saying he's looking in to the matter. Any discussion about the Poe nerf is speculative till there's an official response. It's very possible this was a mistake and the thread point about stealth nerfs / withholding information may be invalid. Now that Jesse has noted that it's being reviewed, let's pause any discussion on the topic till we get further official information.
This discussion has been closed.