Resistance Squad + R2D2 Severely Overpowered + General Feedback

Prev134
Welterweight
134 posts Member
edited June 2017
Along with the current frustrations to this game...R2 D2 and Resistance is just over-powered.
Even teams with 60-70 speed set mods have a chance at defending vs 80-90+ base speed mods on other team squads with "synergy".
Once exposes are landed (and rarely/never avoided) the Resistance team's attacks become an "infinite loop" and your team just sits there.
I'm quite fed up with this mechanic and along with everything else the way the game has been going (Phoenix to unlock Thrawn, etc), taking 1+ month to deal with obvious hackers on arena shard, this isn't looking good for you guys @CG_Kozispoon @EA_Jesse , etc.
Make note of this. I speak in a volume of at least 20 or more here where we congregate and discuss these elements of the game.
I don't really see myself or the others lasting on this game. So I am not sure what your next strategy will be.
I'd appreciate if someone can communicate with me here or privately and actually be the face of accountability to the mass unhappiness in multitudes here.
I am sure that most reading this will agree also.
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Lol
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    I'm very glad to have Resistance teams with R2 at the top of my arena. It's nice having teams I can beat on auto.
  • Options
    That evil, evil synergy. People ought to be able to just throw anything onto their teams and easily win regardless of how well the toons they choose work together. /end sarcasm
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    I run Resistance... They're fun to run. But they're certainly not unbeatable, as I do still have to fight a few battles each day to re-take first place. B)
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    I run Resistance... They're fun to run. But they're certainly not unbeatable, as I do still have to fight a few battles each day to re-take first place. B)

:flushed:
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with OP, just one fast Poe is enough for Res. team to crush the opponent. That insane TM manipulation needs to be addressed. Res. Trooper is really annoying with huge dmg and multiple exposes, using special attacks every turn (Finn zeta decreasing cooldowns) does not go well with game mechanics.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »

Hiya Bobby. :D
  • Options
    Ever hear of tenacity?
  • Options
    ...Sounds like I need to get my Resistance ready!
  • Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »

Hiya Bobby. :D

:lol:
  • Options
    If your lossing to resistance teams I suggest you work on your team, AI uses resistance horribly you shouldn't have a problem beating them if your team has decent synergy and has equal gear/mods
  • Options
    Along with the current frustrations to this game...R2 D2 and Resistance is just over-powered.
    Even teams with 60-70 speed set mods have a chance at defending vs 80-90+ base speed mods on other team squads with "synergy".
    Once exposes are landed (and rarely/never avoided) the Resistance team's attacks become an "infinite loop" and your team just sits there.
    I'm quite fed up with this POS mechanic and along with everything else the way the game has been going (Phoenix to unlock Thrawn, etc), taking 1+ month to deal with obvious hackers on arena shard, this isn't looking good for you guys @CG_Kozispoon @EA_Jesse , etc.
    Make note of this. I speak in a volume of at least 20 or more here where we congregate and discuss these elements of the game.
    I don't really see myself or the others lasting on this game. So I am not sure what your next strategy will be.
    I'd appreciate if someone can communicate with me here or privately and actually be the face of accountability to the mass unhappiness in multitudes here.

I was trying to think of something witty but all I got is IT IS ONLY A GAME DUH. Shut up, grow up, and play the game man. Come on!

Keep it up devs! I'm out...gonna go have some fun with my new phoenix squad :)
  • Options
    I'm quite fed up with this POS mechanic and along with everything else the way the game has been going (Phoenix to unlock Thrawn, etc), taking 1+ month to deal with obvious hackers on arena shard, this isn't looking good for you guys @CG_Kozispoon @EA_Jesse , etc.

Is this a letter to the board?
    Although your concerns will likely be noted, you and a thousand or so friends leaving the game tomorrow will not affect anything. Every disgruntled player believes that they are the final piece of the puzzle for the game's ultimate success, but they are not, whether or not your concerns are valid. I am not agreeing or disagreeing with your grim outlook, simply stating the facts. Often these types of concerns are irrelevant if the majority of people do not express the same or speak differently with their wallets.

Now as far as Resistance, just kill Poe first. If you notice around the forums, resistance team is not a hot topic.
  • Options
    resistance is very powerful on attack yes. But on defence the AI makes terrible decisions
  • Options
    Yeah I usually go after Poe, but he is tanky and the exposes begin and then they just keep attacking...
  • Options
    Yep they're super OP! Love them. Once I get a super fast Thrawn and Poe. GAME OVER!! B)
  • Options
    I will say that team is the only team that has beat me on more than 1 occasion without taking a turn. Very frustrating
  • Options
    They're not OP if you run droids :tongue:
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Veritasum wrote: »

Is this a letter to the board?
    Although your concerns will likely be noted, you and a thousand or so friends leaving the game tomorrow will not affect anything. Every disgruntled player believes that they are the final piece of the puzzle for the game's ultimate success, but they are not, whether or not your concerns are valid. I am not agreeing or disagreeing with your grim outlook, simply stating the facts. Often these types of concerns are irrelevant if the majority of people do not express the same or speak differently with their wallets.

Now as far as Resistance, just kill Poe first. If you notice around the forums, resistance team is not a hot topic.

I'll take care of that. I disagree with the OP. His concern is not valid.

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/100/

Here is the meta report for arena squads in the top 100. As a percentage Resistance teams are in the single digits. They are fun for GW, and the tank raid, but severely underperform in arena defensively. Try asking how to beat them instead of assuming it can't be done, and making grand, sweeping assertions about a mass exodus.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    I don't agree

20 or more isn't very many

You seem to be quitting anyway

Resistance is horrendous in defense in arena
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    tenacity up vs resistance equals free wins, rex or yoda can handle them easily...
  • Welterweight
    134 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Ok, our 273 speed SA Zaul user has trouble with it on offense...so maybe your squad has 300+ speed each toon then? Please, teach me your ways.

@Osik yeah it seems like tenacity is the only way...unfortunately Zavage doesn't cut it with his soft-cleanse.
  • Options
    Someones **** what else is new, go cry me a river... Seriously grow up and gain some self respect
  • Options
    **** hurt
  • Options
    CrownV87 wrote: »
    Someones **** what else is new, go cry me a river... Seriously grow up and gain some self respect

I do respect myself, how is this lack of self-respect? People aren't entitled to giving feedback/opinions to improve game functions and have stimulating game discussion?

Please keep it on topic :)
  • Options
    Zaul and Rex are very good counter teams. You can't get Poe to go first against Zaul. Against Rex, he gains turn meter every time you crit him. On defense the AI doesn't target exposed toons, so I would disagree with you.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Options
    Ummm.. I felt like this thread was heading in the wrong direction and needed a nudge towards it's intended purpose.

Nerf Chaze.
  • Options
    Zaul and Rex are very good counter teams. You can't get Poe to go first against Zaul. Against Rex, he gains turn meter every time you crit him. On defense the AI doesn't target exposed toons, so I would disagree with you.

Zaul is 191 speed so he'd go before Poe. I even force drain the entire squad. The thing is, once taunt+expose happens, it resets cooldows and a fast R2D2 (250+ speed) keeps casting over and over and the rest of the squad keeps attacking.
  • Options
    When i eat too many frijoles negros, my gas is overpowered
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Options
    If you're looking for balance, this is not the game you're looking for. Balance was thrown out the window a year ago.