Resistance Squad + R2D2 Severely Overpowered + General Feedback

Replies

• Options
    Also you kind of made my point, why is anyone going to buy new toons ahead of the rotation if it won't gain them any feasible advantage.

Right now you have a choice, invest in rex/chaze + 2 fillers or if you're new farm resistance.

Sith still does okay but I doubt those that don't already have it will break the bank to obtain
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    Resistance won't be nerfed, neither will chaze (even though chaze is insanely OP) because they rarely do nerfs
  • Options
    @Trollsbane I think you kinda made my point.. lol

Swgoh.gg is a nice tool for getting a general sense of the meta but it's Hardly the rule. Of the small sample pool (compared to the overall population) how many do you think take the time to accurately update their profile settings.

I for one don't ;)
  • Options
    #ResistanceIsFutile #WhatEvenIsAMeta
    #TheRealDonaldTrump
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed. We should only have night sisters, ewoks and CUP teams, that should even the playing field for more parity. Although ewoks might be OP in that environment...
  • Options
    Everyone should run clones..all day everyday.. it would be cannon too :open_mouth:
  • Options
    I hear you @AidendeLeon . Also, Pretty sure I'm on your LB, so I know the team your speaking of.

I remember being able to beat him before he slapped on couple a Zetas (Finn?). Not sure...I avoid him now. While my team certainly isn't the fastest (still moving mods around & farming), that resistance team is something else.

Nothing personal against the guy, btw. Seems like a cool dude.

Anyway...talk to you later.
  • Trollsbane
    109 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @Trollsbane I think you kinda made my point.. lol

Swgoh.gg is a nice tool for getting a general sense of the meta but it's Hardly the rule. Of the small sample pool (compared to the overall population) how many do you think take the time to accurately update their profile settings.

I for one don't ;)

But you could in like 30 seconds! I would bet most longtime top arena players check their swgoh.gg profile frequently.

For your previous post about the current meta you are forgetting some very good squads. zQGJ teams are very strong right now. Zaul is still making a strong showing. First Order makes an occasional appearance but admittedly are horrible on defense. Resistance you mentioned and Rex squads you mentioned.

I think what you are missing is most of those teams have many different versions... some good some not so good. The trick is finding the perfect squad to face the teams in your shard.

I just realized I'm trying to encourage you. You seem set on a downward spiral. Looking for anything to complain about, I'll leave you to it! :smile:

Also, this is a RESISTANCE IS OP thread. Lets get back to that! lol
  • Options
    See that's the beautiful thing about context, I'm just messing around. You are under the impression that I am complaining.

Nothing you or I say is going to change the direction of this game. For better or worse it is what it is.

I'm just enjoying the ride, will I grab Jedi Luke ? Possibly? Will I buy some generic toon like Saxon or sith assasin? Nah

I'm focused more on fan service, I agree with you there is no one team. There are core synergies and the toons that can be built around them.

Resistance just stands out because it truly has made this game F2P domain. I'm afraid of what will happen when the whales settle for f2p
  • Options
    @Das_Blainiac we are on discord at https://discord.gg/gtxCd2 CyborgFranky and the others are there too :)
  • CrownV87
    143 posts Member
    Options
    I am keeping it to topic being a crybaby cause u and 20 of merry .... Bandits are unhappy
  • Options
    Cool. Thanks man. I'll have to connect.

At least I can vouch for you. You're usually #1 on our shard. Always have been. Don't see you as complaining or counting on the latest toons. I've fought your team and Fulcrum is not the main threat ( nor do you seem to be relying on her).

Zeta'd Resistance is no joke. I expect to see more of them soon.
  • Options
    See that's the beautiful thing about context, I'm just messing around. You are under the impression that I am complaining.

Nothing you or I say is going to change the direction of this game. For better or worse it is what it is.

I'm just enjoying the ride, will I grab Jedi Luke ? Possibly? Will I buy some generic toon like Saxon or sith assasin? Nah

I'm focused more on fan service, I agree with you there is no one team. There are core synergies and the toons that can be built around them.

Resistance just stands out because it truly has made this game F2P domain. I'm afraid of what will happen when the whales settle for f2p

Ahh... took a closer look. You're on a young shard. Makes sense now. Also, nice sarcasm! We thought you had something to say. Guess not.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    Resistance is beatable, but you have to have the speed to beat Poe. I see people with 265 speed on Poe, which is basically insane. My Poe is 233 I think. And that's not fast enough to take too 20 anymore. Use to be able to take top 20, but now others have got the resistance going since they changed the expose mechanic on them. Basically there's a line between your average player with average mods, and the whales or extremely lucky players who have the bad **** speed secondaries. If you're in the top 100, you're doing pretty good. If you're in the top 50, be grateful. If you make top 20, either your server hasn't many whales, or you indeed have gotten really lucky with speed secondaries.

Everything boils down to speed in this game. Nothing else matters, well except for some synergy. Speed speed speed.
  • Options
    Me and another dude on my server run resistance we are the only ones in top 100 and I'm only able to be top 5 because I have Poe at 263 and even then I have to avoid teams because I can't beat them and on defense the AI makes resistance look slow and r3t4rded because they never attack exposed targets so don't tell me they are overpowered....sit down
  • Options
    I r convinced trolling is the new meta ;)
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    They're not OP if you run droids :tongue:
    You beat me to it! I havent lost to resistance playing:

Hk, 88, JE, 88, B2
    Rex, Nil, GK, R2, Death trooper
    Rex, GK, R2, Biggs, Wedge

They're like First Order, if you let them get rolling they're unstoppable but you only need to break one link in the chain to stop them completely. Kill Poe, Kill Kylo. Team is done.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    Options
    I'm on a Dec 2015 shard. Have a full resistance team and won't run them in Arena. They are horrible on D. AI doesn't know how to use expose.
  • cdhek
    61 posts Member
    Options
    My resistance team is pretty maxed out and I can't Crack top 40 .. no resistance teams there either that I can see. Hardly OP
  • Options
    Mitigating returns ?

• Options
    Does your resistance squad run a 250+ speed R2D2?

On paper you think Zaul can beat this...I've got news for you, it can't. The guy who most of us cannot beat does not have swgoh gg either...so all I can say is that the team is zFinn, Poe, zR2D2, and resistance trooper and pilot. The rest having 70+ speed CD mods...G11. Expose/Buff immunity seems to always land and connect also. No chance on missing.

If anything, I'd say Zaul is not at the top at all when it comes to meta.

the solution - run a 270 speed TFP. problem solved.

seeing a resistance-z2d2 team in arena has been and will always be a free win for my zader team. Why give them turn meter? take it all away from them.
    Does your resistance squad run a 250+ speed R2D2?

On paper you think Zaul can beat this...I've got news for you, it can't. The guy who most of us cannot beat does not have swgoh gg either...so all I can say is that the team is zFinn, Poe, zR2D2, and resistance trooper and pilot. The rest having 70+ speed CD mods...G11. Expose/Buff immunity seems to always land and connect also. No chance on missing.

If anything, I'd say Zaul is not at the top at all when it comes to meta.

You must not have Sith Assassin - she should absolutely beat R2 with the Maul boost - Maul isn't at the top at all you're correct, but you should be beating Resistance pretty easy with a Maul team that has SA and DN in it.

Line up:

Zaul (191 speed), SA(236 speed), Zooku (245 speed), DN (209 speed), Sith Trooper (irrelevant speed).

His:

R2 (256), Poe (226), the rest have 65-75 speed bonus mods on them with CD...

Yet, I lose and maybe win 1/3 times. Explain this then?

Focusing Poe - Stun/AB and still can't.

Your problem is obviously in Zaul - he's a snail.
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ATTENTION ATTENTION. If I go, EA can close its business.

You are not the center of the world, nor are you the opinion of this community.

Please revisit your position and/or importance.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    @Welterweight how bout we nerf your arena team?

Cause I don't like it...
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    I still don't understand how people can post these kinds of threads... Resistance is FINALLY viable, that's good news, let's mix it up. For a Zaul user to be complaining about another team being OP is hilarious.

In the last month there was been claims that the following are OP:

Baze
    Chirrut
    Nihilus
    Rex
    General Kenobi
    Zylo
    Resistance
    FOTP
    Dooku
    Boba Fett
    Wiggs (still?)
    R2
    Fulcrum
    Thrawn
    Zarriss
    Zavage
    My Mom
    The bathroom sink

Point being, every good team will appear OP to someone who is using a team that isn't equipped to handle it. I personally run First Order, which makes Zaul teams and teams with Zarriss really tough.

That is the price for using a team I like. I didn't expect to be able to easily beat every other team. Why would you want a game like that?

This obsession with finding a team that won't drop in the arena, that you can solo raids with and use to beat GW on auto... If you don't like those parts of the game, you don't like the game! If you just want to look at Star Wars characters, collect some action figures. Of course, most people complaining on the forums would probably leave them in the packaging.

This game has flaws, sure, but obviously there is something that draws people to play it. Anyone expecting to use one team and always win is probably not going to find the game they are looking for....

Lego Star Wars perhaps?
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Ever hear of tenacity?

Yes, but what does it do? Hot quiz to you, if my Poe had 80% potency how much tenacity would you need to gain any benefit for having tenacity at all?
  • Options
    Rey is the most dangerous on the resistance team, and I don't have R2 but I hear he's also OP. Not an undefeatable team.
  • Options
    Along with the current frustrations to this game...R2 D2 and Resistance is just over-powered.
    Even teams with 60-70 speed set mods have a chance at defending vs 80-90+ base speed mods on other team squads with "synergy".
    Once exposes are landed (and rarely/never avoided) the Resistance team's attacks become an "infinite loop" and your team just sits there.
    I'm quite fed up with this mechanic and along with everything else the way the game has been going (Phoenix to unlock Thrawn, etc), taking 1+ month to deal with obvious hackers on arena shard, this isn't looking good for you guys @CG_Kozispoon @EA_Jesse , etc.
    Make note of this. I speak in a volume of at least 20 or more here where we congregate and discuss these elements of the game.
    I don't really see myself or the others lasting on this game. So I am not sure what your next strategy will be.
    I'd appreciate if someone can communicate with me here or privately and actually be the face of accountability to the mass unhappiness in multitudes here.
    I am sure that most reading this will agree also.

As someone who has run resistance in arena I disagree, the AI plays it terribly and out of the teams I run it definitely holds the worst on defense.

• mnogokuh22
    65 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have to admit ressitance is amazing now where they can cleanse zMaul daze. But there is a solution for that. Actually more than one! First is ofcourse GK and than ShoreThrooper (crit imminuty - no dispell because of lag of crits). But it is a bit of RNG. For sure if the ressitance start rolling it is over. Caunting on tenacity is notion, and a bad one for that matter. Tenacity up buff is a different story. So if rex takes a turn it is also doable. But if one doesnt has GK, Shore or Rex... well than i gues you have to move around this teams :)
  • Options
    R1 does the same thing and stacks exposes to infinity...nerf that too /s