• Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    They're not OP if you run droids :tongue:
    You beat me to it! I havent lost to resistance playing:

Hk, 88, JE, 88, B2
    Rex, Nil, GK, R2, Death trooper
    Rex, GK, R2, Biggs, Wedge

They're like First Order, if you let them get rolling they're unstoppable but you only need to break one link in the chain to stop them completely. Kill Poe, Kill Kylo. Team is done.

This. IMO Poe isn't the problem, it's when you have zzR2 in resistance that a issue arises. Ten Up is the BEST counter against Resistance, and Buff Immunity/Crit Immunity for FO.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry to intrude here, but **** are you talking about? I am running resistance and literally everyone on the top 20 of my shard can beat me without any issues.

These days there are multiple squad combinations that can beat everything on offense. Resistance is fine!
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Does your resistance squad run a 250+ speed R2D2?

On paper you think Zaul can beat this...I've got news for you, it can't. The guy who most of us cannot beat does not have swgoh gg either...so all I can say is that the team is zFinn, Poe, zR2D2, and resistance trooper and pilot. The rest having 70+ speed CD mods...G11. Expose/Buff immunity seems to always land and connect also. No chance on missing.

If anything, I'd say Zaul is not at the top at all when it comes to meta.

R2 is 281 speed, but R2's speed isn't the one that matters. Poe's is. Also 70+ is literally nothing for high end arena, if your mods aren't that high on your arena toons, thats no one's fault but yours. Go farm some mods. My Zeta Maul is modded with +112 Speed, without a speed set. His effective starting speed is 265 goes and Dazes all of them. You put that kind of Speed on SAss and your whole team of Sith will have a starting speed of around 330. Also, RP is not the 5th Resistance member you want in a resistance team, Rey does far more damage and is used to mop up everyone.

Zaul was meta 2 months ago is what he was saying, however, Zaul can still destroy Resistance teams on offense. How fast are your toons modded to be? Who are you running? Any decent Zaul team should be able to run right through a resistance team.

Lol my best set is +96 on Chirut and that's considered slow. +70 gets you in top 50 at most in my shard...
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Antares wrote: »
    Resistance is fine!

+1

Resistance is beatable. All you need is an fast Boba, Thrawn, Rex, Yoda, zMaul or TFP to lock the Engine that makes this squad so strong.

Frakture/abbility block Poe, daze the enemy or tenacy up your squad and all is fine

Not Resistance is the problem. Its an modproblem. The key is, to go first. Thats all.

Remember ... it is an Galaxy of Speed. ;)

• Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Ummm.. I felt like this thread was heading in the wrong direction and needed a nudge towards it's intended purpose.

Nerf Chaze.

Well done! Legit lol.

+rep
  • Options
    Im one of those who run a 250 speed zzR2 and Poe and resistance is missing a lot of key mechanics to be considered "what's wrong with the game"

-none of them heal
    -none of them provide tenacity up
    -none of them increase other teams cooldowns
    -no aoe dispel
    -no debuffs outside expose and the stun and burning from R2
    -they have some good attackers, but none of them are top tier attackers. They're too squishy and don't provide any utility outside expose

Sure, when the train gets rolling you can sometimes beat teams with them not even taking a turn. However, that's very RNG dependent on Poe going first and getting a lot of exposes, and it can easily be shut down by stealth, taunt, foresight, and tenacity up
  • Options
    Welterweight, you have absolutely got to be making this stuff up! Your SA is 236, which under Maul lead is effectively 298 speed on the opening turn. When she goes first, the rest of the Sith go next. Which means your sith are going first before R2 or Poe. This team should be an auto win for you!

I run resistance in arena myself, with a 253 speed Poe. I can take #1 at my payout, but I'm in discord with server buddies, and I can tell you, Jedi teams can auto win vs resistance, Maul teams can auto win vs resistance, and Rex Chaze teams can auto win vs resistance. Are there any other teams out there on the ladder right now? Lol. As someone pointed out above, Zader teams wreck resistance too.
    Barris irl imo idk
  • Options
    pabrimmer wrote: »
    Welterweight, you have absolutely got to be making this stuff up! Your SA is 236, which under Maul lead is effectively 298 speed on the opening turn. When she goes first, the rest of the Sith go next. Which means your sith are going first before R2 or Poe. This team should be an auto win for you!

I run resistance in arena myself, with a 253 speed Poe. I can take #1 at my payout, but I'm in discord with server buddies, and I can tell you, Jedi teams can auto win vs resistance, Maul teams can auto win vs resistance, and Rex Chaze teams can auto win vs resistance. Are there any other teams out there on the ladder right now? Lol. As someone pointed out above, Zader teams wreck resistance too.

Have you tried using Kenobi instead of Rey? I find that with Kenobi I rarely drop out of the top 10. His auto-taunt and cleanse help tremendously against Zaul squads. Rey adds damage but against most opponents I find its better to have a third tank to survive the first round or two. Once you are able to cleanse debuffs or wait for the opponents tenacity buffs/foresights to start dropping off then your exposes take over.

I definitely don't think they are OP as the original poster suggested but my Resistance squad is not an easy auto-win. I regularly have server buddies ask me to remove speed mods lol. Sure, it can be beat by other squads but I can just as easily beat any opponent I come across. Jedi teams are probably the most difficult but swapping B2 for Kenobi is an easy fix against Jedi.

https://swgoh.gg/u/trollsbane/
  • Options
    I still don't understand how people can post these kinds of threads... Resistance is FINALLY viable, that's good news, let's mix it up. For a Zaul user to be complaining about another team being OP is hilarious.

In the last month there was been claims that the following are OP:

Baze
    Chirrut
    Nihilus
    Rex
    General Kenobi
    Zylo
    Resistance
    FOTP
    Dooku
    Boba Fett
    Wiggs (still?)
    R2
    Fulcrum
    Thrawn
    Zarriss
    Zavage
    My Mom
    The bathroom sink

Point being, every good team will appear OP to someone who is using a team that isn't equipped to handle it. I personally run First Order, which makes Zaul teams and teams with Zarriss really tough.

That is the price for using a team I like. I didn't expect to be able to easily beat every other team. Why would you want a game like that?

This obsession with finding a team that won't drop in the arena, that you can solo raids with and use to beat GW on auto... If you don't like those parts of the game, you don't like the game! If you just want to look at Star Wars characters, collect some action figures. Of course, most people complaining on the forums would probably leave them in the packaging.

This game has flaws, sure, but obviously there is something that draws people to play it. Anyone expecting to use one team and always win is probably not going to find the game they are looking for....

Lego Star Wars perhaps?

+1

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Ummm.. I felt like this thread was heading in the wrong direction and needed a nudge towards it's intended purpose.

Nerf Chaze.

Haha LMAO
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    Options
    If you don't like those parts of the game, you don't like the game! If you just want to look at Star Wars characters, collect some action figures. Of course, most people complaining on the forums would probably leave them in the packaging.
    Not me they are in full display, no use keeping them in their plastic chambers :neutral:
  • Options
    Trollsbane wrote: »
    Have you tried using Kenobi instead of Rey?

Hmm, that's an interesting suggestion, @Trollsbane . When I first geared up GK I swapped him in, but at the time I put him in Pilot's place. This was before Artoo came along. I'll give it a try today giving him Rey's spot and see what everyone says.

Barris irl imo idk
  • Options
    Frijoles Gas is still op, third day running. My first battle of the day blew my bedsheets clear into the hallway
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Options
    +1 since it wasn't about Chaze being Op.
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You dont even want to know what happens if i eat chaze peppers
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."