Speed Changes and Poe Dameron

Replies

• Options
    Yay! Now we'll start seeing some variety in PvP!
  • Options
    biggest bunch of crybabies ive ever seen in my life, get over it.
  • Options
    Viperish wrote: »
    What people are not reading is that by him having that +1 speed it makes no difference anymore at all.

"Speed, prior to this update, was not incredibly precise (hence the grouping of units of close Speed characters into a Tier).
    Speed is now very precise and 1 point of Speed over another character guarantees the initial turn order."

He will not be "turn 7" or "turn 8". He will be 142 speed in line behind ALL others faster than him.

So then why nerf his expose, his tenacity and his health bar, then? 4 distinct nerfs on one character.
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Chico wrote: »
    +1 what's the point in releasing patch notes early if you're not going to follow it. I guess "official" posts aren't so official after all.
    They made a mistake. What do you want, ritual suicide? :) It's a big software product, the team is probably pretty new, things get messed up.
    Given how big and fundamental changes are still being made to the game, the game should probably still be in beta. Instead we have millions of players who have no idea what game they are actually playing and what are its rules.

• Options
    That's because people whined and whined about him. Now that they nerfed poe, people will find another toon to complain about and the cycle starts again.
  • Options
    What people are not reading is that by him having that +1 speed it makes no difference anymore at all.

"Speed, prior to this update, was not incredibly precise (hence the grouping of units of close Speed characters into a Tier).
    Speed is now very precise and 1 point of Speed over another character guarantees the initial turn order."

He will not be "turn 7" or "turn 8". He will be 142 speed in line behind ALL others faster than him.

^This
  • Options

d3gauss wrote: »
    Since they nerfed his gear doesn't that mean any other character that uses those same pieces got the nerf too? Does anyone know who shares the same affected pieces of gear?

They didn't nerf the gear, they changed it to other similar gear, because...I don't know, that's not a good way of doing balance...yolo I guess

Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification. I don't know how you managed to figure that out with all this conflicting info going around...

• Options
    Lol everybody that complained about Poe last week... Is complaining about Poe again... This time... For doing what they wanted the devs to do in the first place. . Hahahaha. Gotta love the Internet
  • Options
    The stat changes barely affect Poe and everything else was outlined very well in patch notes. Stop crying over precious Poe. He it's still op even after the nerf yet everyone acts like he's unplayable. Come on people
  • Options
    OmarFPG wrote: »
    Thanks for the details on this matters, including the precise details on the Poe stats changes.

But further more thanks for this details:
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Speed and how this version has affected it across the board:
    • Speed, prior to this update, was not incredibly precise (hence the grouping of units of close Speed characters into a Tier).
    • Speed is now very precise and 1 point of Speed over another character guarantees the initial turn order.
    • Only in the case of an exact tie is it a coin toss.

And if you changed how the speed works, I guess 1 point of difference in Poe's won't make much difference now anyways, is this right?

+1
    Honestly with the new speed mechanic Poe would have been fine with no additional changes.

On the positive I will never lose to a droid team again
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Speed and how this version has affected it across the board:
    • Speed, prior to this update, was not incredibly precise (hence the grouping of units of close Speed characters into a Tier).
    • Speed is now very precise and 1 point of Speed over another character guarantees the initial turn order.

Honestly, who even cares about the change to Poe. The 1 speed is now nothing. How does a drastic change to speed and how that effects the game not make the patch notes? This is by far the most important change in the game. I know you guys are trying, but I'm just confused about this.

As had been said, the meta now changes and people will adjust. I think the change is much better than random decisions, just wish I could have complimented you a week ago on the decision.
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options
    That's because people whined and whined about him. Now that they nerfed poe, people will find another toon to complain about and the cycle starts again.

They did not nerf Poe, instead they changed how the each toon's turn is decided. It is better in a way that much less RNG is involved, but then it should have been that way from day 1.
  • Options
    Everyone saying "Poe is still usable" are completely missing the point. People aren't angry over that - they are angry over being misled.

Patch notes signal how players can plan their game over time. Doing a last minute switch like this spits in the face of that
  • Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »
    BillyBeans wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »

Any thoughts on allowing in game refunds (in game appropriate currency like cantina credits) for characters changed in a significant way?

Love this idea since so many spent so many resources on Poe (who is now useless) BUT...

How in the world could they do that? Refund cantina currency to everyone that has Poe?!?! I would love it, but it would then all go to everyone having a max QGJ immediately.

Well, ideally when a character was changed, you would have a window (say a week?) to disassemble the character, ie you no longer have the character, but you are given the appropriate amount of relevant currency and and gear.

That would be awesome. Chance of it happening is slim to none.

It exists. Apple has implemented it a few years ago, and have credit cards. Consumers have right when there are abuses. In this case, I don't even like the tone of this announcement, the attitude of the community manager, the silencing of thread and the general lack of customer service and respect. While respect definition varies player to player, for me it means keeping promises, using a humble tone, alowing discussion, making fair choices and respecting the fact that this game sells characters. They don't sell air time, they don't sell expansion packs, they don't sell anything that isn't something that gets fully and irrevocably commited to a char. And when a char is destroyed after having said something completely different a week ago or so, and when Vader poor souls who had been promised not to be banned are banned, this just signals time to rethink how tou are portraying the Impecable EA brand, the Lucasfilm franchise and Disney's reputation in front of hundreds of thousands of fans.

I am so sorry about everything that just happened. Hope you all enjoy all the upcoming future adjustments and that you are happy with how you are using your money long term. I call it quits for me and farewell to all great people playing this game.

Best wishes to CG and especially @CG_JohnSalera which was probably the person that kept me playing and trusting this game.

Ps: for those that will laugh at the "tears cryed", lol. Have fun. Enjoy. I will miss you too. May the Force be with you as well
  • Aluxendr
    358 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @EAJesse

Self-edited, because honestly, flaming the devs over game balance really is pointless.
    Post edited by Aluxendr on
  • Options
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    Everyone saying "Poe is still usable" are completely missing the point. People aren't angry over that - they are angry over being misled.

Patch notes signal how players can plan their game over time. Doing a last minute switch like this spits in the face of that

+1
  • Options
    GoaT1221 wrote: »
    biggest bunch of crybabies ive ever seen in my life, get over it.

And how
    Roger roger
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If I'm CG, one of the takeways for me from this thread is:
    Never ever release advance patch notes again. People wondered why they didn't used to do it? Now you know why. Because there will be mistakes, and people go insane.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Good... Gooood!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Get a refund, don't get a refund no one cares quit adding to negativity. Like the most of you are saying actions speak louder then words.

Irrate SWGOH player : "Hello cc company can I have my money back please? They nerfed Poe :'( "
    CC company employee: "Unfortunately Jedis are better, may the force be with you"

The meta will change , the charecters will change but most importantly this is still a GAME. Why stress and act all out of shape, be happy and most importantly have FUN.

They made a mistake by not announcing it earlier and they get it , do you?
  • Options
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    The Poe nerf was not in the patch notes?????????

The WHOLE point of releasing patch notes is that this game requires an immense amount of time and planning!

So when you release the patch notes you are signaling to people HOW they can plan!

I dumped ALL my Cantina Resources into Poe based off of information YOU gave us! This is unbelievable - I spent MONEY on this and now it gets pulled out from under us without notice! Worse yet- it was pulled out from under us with a FALSE PRETENSE

I am done with this game if I don't get my cantina shipments back that I spent over the last 7 days on this character. This is unbelievable

Did you not read the post? Everything said in the initial patch notes did go as planned. The -1 speed was accidental, and was not planned to be done. They are leaving him be as is for the moment because there's some people in the community who actually approver of this accidental nerf. But if it doesn't work well with the character, they can obviously change it back, and are willing to.
  • Options
    So much overreaction. Poe had it coming, he was very OP and in the right hands gave opponents virtually no chance to counter before being decimated. This nerf should have been included in the patch notes, but it was the right move.
  • Options
    BatuKhan wrote: »

So then why nerf his expose, his tenacity and his health bar, then? 4 distinct nerfs on one character.

I couldn't tell u why they would still change it at this point, but with this bigger change to how speed works there is no way for him to go first because there is no tiered system anymore. Any changes to him IMO were unwarranted. Anyone with speed higher than Poe would go b4 him.

THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO COMPLAINING IF WE KNEW THIS CHANGE WAS COMING.
  • Options
    puru wrote: »

They did not nerf Poe, instead they changed how the each toon's turn is decided. It is better in a way that much less RNG is involved, but then it should have been that way from day 1.

They did nerf Poe. They nerfed his expose. They nerfed his tenacity. They nerfed his health. And all of that is in addition to him never going before the other popular formerly "first turn" characters.

• Options
    No patch notes is far better than what we got this time.
  • Options
    Judging by the comments made a while back by the dev on Reddit, it seems that maybe there was a fundamental flaw in the way that speed worked from the very beginning. He stated that there were no speed tiers and that the toon with the higher speed would always go first. This was obviously not the case and the community thought they had it figured out with the great speed guide from Team Instinct.

It is obvious from that post that there was a big difference in how the community viewed how speed worked, how the devs viewed how speed worked, and the way speed actually worked. My question is when did the developers become aware of this flaw? Was it recent? After the speed guide came out? Before the speed guide came out?

If they knew about this flaw from the beginning, it was kind of wrong to leave it and allow the whole meta to be built around it for so long before making a change. If they didn't know about it until recently, it calls into question their testing methods and makes them look incompetent. Surely they would have known about the flaw after the speed guide was posted and became the go to explanation for speed.

This change to speed goes far beyond the Poe issue, it completely changes the meta. This could have a much larger effect on many more toons that we have invested time, resources, and even real money into.

I really feel that CG would be better served to go for complete transparency on this issue and provide the community with an explanation.

It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    You all clearly can't comprehend English.. as they exist today.. and the other hint would be closely monitor the situation
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    moongod wrote: »
    Poe is still a completely viable character. He just isn't an lol coin toss iWin button anymore.

Purty much.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    If I'm CG, one of the takeways for me from this thread is:
    Never ever release advance patch notes again. People wondered why they didn't used to do it? Now you know why. Because there will be mistakes, and people go insane.

These changes weren't even in the patch notes from today. Anyways, I could care less about what happened to poe; My issue is all of the changes they made that they didn't even feel the need to document, the fact that they keep using oops as an exscuse and the complete lack of respect they show to their customers.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    You all clearly can't comprehend English.. as they exist today.. and the other hint would be closely monitor the situation

Here's the thing: Once they monitor the "situation", they will find Poe to still be very useful and strong.. Then nothing. Lol
This discussion has been closed.