15678911Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Probably two weeks before we see any changes to an Ewok besides Chirpa. His kit might get released early.

Ewok pass, changes chirpa leader ability..... haha.

Not sure they will change them too much, maybe just some zetas and new toons.

And change Teebo's kit away from TMR hehehe
    The ultimate ewok pass

:wink: I like it.
  • Options
    Haha they will disguise a nerf as an update mwahahaha >:)
  • 3mper0r
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    3mper0r wrote: »
    Dreislao wrote: »
    I'd say if you are losing every battle then it's time to adapt and adjust your squads. It never ceases to amaze me how many folks expect to just steamroll through battles. Where's the challenge and accomplishment if you just ease your way through.

i don't necessarily expect to steamroll through battles but there is a difference between a challenge and impossible.

challenging makes me try harder and want to better my game.

impossible makes me give up or lower my standard.

some things in this are impossible. others are challenging.

Nothing in this game is impossible. Growth in this game can take time, the grind is life.

well the kind of growth you are talking about is opening up a whole different can of worms for me. it's not my discussion so i'll stay quiet.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Who else is tier of loosing every single battle in both of this tables?

tenor.gif
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Being forced now to use my arena team in GW is just straight up honest too goodness not a fun way to spend my time at all.

6, 9, and 11 and just meta arena teams now. Already been real bored for last month in arena (not a whale and couldn't get even a 6* thrawn due to bad rng in stores of ps and not having resources saved up since I was farming dn in shard shop. And even my fav SW character ahsoka is useless at 3* and will be forever since most likely a silly hard node farm). Using rex lead, chaze, gk and dn.

Been playing since Dec 2015 and I use an incredibly small amount of my roster for anything. GW is fun when I can use toons that can't perform vs an old arena shard top meta teams, since I can actually use them instead of just looking at them wishing I could.

These teams are super hard, and I can beat them, but now I face the same teams in arena and GW daily and quite frankly it's just boring to do now.
  • Options
    Don't worry your arena rank will drop and you will be able to win again. As for gw you need to upgrade your roster and it will get even harder ;)
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Options
    I heard there are a lot of homeless people playing swgoh, yeah they are smart
  • Jacman11
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Ok
  • Options
    Late to the party but ... awesome for all the ewok fans! Hopefully they get a 5th ewok and leads all factions to have at least 5 toons. Also with an ewok faction pass I would assume that other factions-esp those from the beginning of the game- will have faction passes as well. That's great news for the separatists and Jedi fans out there, maybe even NS. Also the other parts of this update are coming out sometime after Tuesday.
    For the people craving tie reaper (me) and kylo shuttle ds ships are key for zeta challenge. I think that's coming to an end soon. Ships has the most room to grow- so I don't think they have been forgotten- if anything it's the opposite.
  • Options
    Does anyone have an accurate and detailed explaination of how the new Power ratings are calculated?
    My Palpatine went from 10700 to 17000 after the update haha.
  • Options
    From my understanding, nothing about him changed in terms of game dynamics, only the way the stats are calculated. Seems like a setup for future changes but I could be wrong about what it did.
  • Options
    Before upgrading an ability didnt affect power rating, now abilities are added to the rating, zetas worth more then omegas etc. Other factors are accounted for implied by the update notes. No detailed explaination was given.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They gave as much detail as they ever do and it's "pretty clear".

Previously it was base stats only, so alot of high power toons were just high health/protection.

Now, base stats are still calculated the same way. They added to the calculation :
    • dots on the mod
    • lvl
    • abilities lvl, with a higher rating to a lvl 8 with a zeta vs just an omega

They also stated that the full upgrade for each one is the same so lvl 85 adds the same amount of power for each toon, but that lower lvl's add less than higher.

Hope that helps, not sure what details you are looking for or expect.

Once it is fully implemented I'm sure we will see this come out from data mine or swgoh
  • Options
    What is deathmark?

What is the difference between physical and special damage?
    I Like Wicket. A Lot.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/c/chocolateytmc
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    The things I know of Deathmark is that it causes a taunt on the character(so if someone counters it will hit the Death marked toon) and it deals more damage to the toon
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    DeathMark is a debuff that drastically increases the damage the afflicted toon takes and prevents them from being revived if killed while it is active. It also forces everyone to attack the toon that has it and is dispelled by stealth as well as the regular cleanses.

Physical and Special damage r just the 2 damage types. Most basic attacks deal physical damage as well as many specials. The only real difference is armor mitigates physical damage while resistance mitigates special damage.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    The things I know of Deathmark is that it causes a taunt on the character(so if someone counters it will hit the Death marked toon) and it deals more damage to the toon

To add onto this the damage is like expose, but it is 50% of their max health
  • Jay_cube1
    379 posts Member
    Options
    In addition, physical damage is red and special damage is blue. Critical damage is yellow. :)
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Evading physical damage shows up as Dodged.
    Evading special damage shows up as Deflected.
  • Options
    Only a small number of characters use special damage on their basic including Thrawn, Palpatine and Krennic.

More characters use special damage on their specials including Yoda, QGJ, Eeth Koth, Palpatine, Thrawn, and so on.
    Empire Relic
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    Physical and special damage are just to make things more of a pain, especially for characters that deal one type on basic and another type with special. Really no point in having different damage types other than making it harder to have high crit chance for both if the character uses both types.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Physical and special damage are just to make things more of a pain, especially for characters that deal one type on basic and another type with special. Really no point in having different damage types other than making it harder to have high crit chance for both if the character uses both types.

Exactly. The game has way to many confusing and pointless moving parts. I REALLY miss the game before mods.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Exactly. The game has way to many confusing and pointless moving parts. I REALLY miss the game before mods.
    I bet its a copy & paste + rename from physical damage (swordsmen, bowmen, etc) and magical damage (magicans/wizards/etc) ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    Options
    Not a very mobile friendly game really. Way too much minutae that overcomplicates things.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    slugbahr wrote: »
    Not a very mobile friendly game really. Way too much minutae that overcomplicates things.

+1 They think SWGOH is an mmo. MMO players consider mobile games something to do in airports.