• Osh
    126 posts Member
    Options
    "Negotiation? We've lost all Communication. And where are the Ambassadors?"
  • Uklem
    46 posts Member
    Options
    +1

The only reason I was able to profit fully from the double drop is because I fell asleep while watching a boring movie. Every other day I would have used my energie before the beginning and I would be very ****.
  • Options
    Same for me. But lesson learned. I will wait from now on. Just seems counter productive to release stuff like this, just to **** some people off. I have an hour delay and spent 6 refreshes. I didn't do my GW yet so at least I got that in for double drop. Thank you for putting stuff like this in EA/CG. Hopefully this feedback will help make this game better in the future.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Communication was requested, and they gave us .gifs

KITTEN you players.

Warning to Vampire,
    Don't have a filter if using it still earns warnings.
    Post edited by Gank_Killer on
  • CoReTeX
    202 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon there seems to be a lot of European players (pretty much my entire guild) that missed out as the double drops kicked in at around 12:30/13:00 GMT, will they run for a full 48 hours for us (ie into the same time 1st July)?

seeing as she mentioned the holidays, which is why they held off the rest of the update, i doubt any changes are going to be made. Not only did europeans miss the double drops when they did their things early, but the entire thing only lasts for 36h instead of 48h as announced. awesome as usual.
  • Options
    They aren't going yo give you the heads up when money can be made. If you've saved all your energy in anticipation then you're less likely to splurge on a crystal pack. It's pretty simple.
  • Options
    I don't get how people are claiming they "missed out" on double drops, they are on for more than 24 hours so you will still get another refresh before they go away, yea it can be annoying when you do your stuff for that day and then it activates but you'll still have tomorrow. Also, this is DEFINITELY not the first time that stuff like this has happened, if you still choose to do your stuff the minute it resets then that is your own problem.

Ultimately I do agree with the fact that a bit of notification in advance that double drops is going to be on wouldn't hurt anybody (and before people say that it hurts the devs because people will save instead of buying) people will still be inclined to buy crystals because they might well just use their free energy to get their 600 in guild and then stack all their refreshes for the double drops which is still spending their crystals, it's the same thing.
  • zeekdog
    75 posts Member
    Options
    +1

This game rushes events like they did with thrawn. I missed the Phoenix squadron release, so to try and farm (unsuccessfully) while I'm still working on other toons, and not being able to participate in daily flash events, let alone a legendary event, is upsetting. (Another issue, but I felt its somewhat related)
    With better information, and communication, more players will have time to prepare and enjoy this game and the events it brings, which I think deep down, is the point. To enjoy playing this game and participating when able.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    Hbk146 wrote: »
    wanted to make this post. glad to see i am not alone.

100% agree

also came on to have the same rant.

why is it so difficult? the whole concept ends up doing more harm than good because rather than getting the double drops you just feel more frustrated that you missed out on an entire day of it.

CG need to **** well sort this out.

• Options
    +1
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    BzmR94 wrote: »
    another issue from the lack of communication is that people who might need a few more sabine shards for the last flash event cant get them from the shardshop anymore. Phoenix was available very short anyways

I got the update and it literally said Phoenix characters had been removed from the store...needing 30 Sabine shards for the bonus tier, I freaked out, but went to the shop and found that since the day hadn't rolled over, I could still get them. You bet your **** I took advantage of that.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Double drops are a "thank you" for participating in the Thrawn event - which to me is a somewhat shady apology/damage control as to how badly the Thrawn event was handled, but w/o communication of the doubledrops for reasons stated in this post, they made another boo boo.

I made my peace about the Thrawn event and double drops are always welcome - thanks!!!
  • Options
    You guys do know that this is a business, right?

By not revealing double drops until after refreshes drives spending. It's pretty transparent that this is why there was no mention of it.

• Rapid
    421 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You guys do know that this is a business, right?

By not revealing double drops until after refreshes drives spending. It's pretty transparent that this is why there was no mention of it.

I'm in business and have never thought it's wise to kitten your customers off....

• Yung_Hen
    139 posts Member
    Options
    +100000000
  • BzmR94
    231 posts Member
    Options
    still no response from devs :/
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    BzmR94 wrote: »
    still no response from devs :/
    The issue has been noted and passed up the line. Doesn't mean you'll get a dev comment here, but the voices of the fans are heard.

Pro tips: After the previous double-drop which I wasn't as prepared for, I've begun some new habits with the game. Like, 1.) Always leave one GW leftover, so on any given day, I can do two full GWs if double drop comes up. 2.) I buy one or two Cantina Energy refreshes each day, but only do 3 x 8-energy battles (for the daily), so by the time the next double drop comes around, I have max Cantina Energy ready to go. You could do the same with regular energy if you weren't farming salvage, but my account is too far from complete for that.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
This discussion has been closed.