res/drawable-hdpi-v4/app_banner.png

Prev13
Every time I close the game and then reopen it the game does not sign into google play. And when I try to sign in to google play I get this error -> res/drawable-hdpi-v4/app_banner.png
It pops up as a message requiring me to press ok to continue.

The only way I have found to get rid of this error is to clear the game data from my phone. Sometime I have to clear it twice. And then when I restart the app I have to download 56megs of game data before I can play.

The game closes everytime I use chrome, send a few texts, look at facebook or make a few phone calls. So I am doing this restart procedure a few times per day. I do not have wifi access at my work so this adds up to some significant data usage if I play on my breaks.

Please help

Replies

• Options
    This means it takes me about 5min to load the game every time I want to play.
  • Options
    I get the same problem when I load the game on mobile data connection. The only way to resolve it is by connecting to the game through WiFi, and the Google login page loads correctly without the banner.APG error

It's very irritating...

• Options
    Those of you having this problem, can you tell me what device and OS you are running?
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    Running on Android. 5.1.1
    Galaxy Note 4.

Everytime it happens, it's when I'm on 4G /. Mobile data connection. The banner.rpg message window pops out and I get the level 2 progress showing in the game.

Never happens on WiFi. Once I reload using WiFi (either home WiFi or public WiFi), it automatically logs me into Google play and load the game to my correct saved game.

Please help to resolve..
  • Options
    I have the same issue on Galaxy S6 Edge+ android 5.1.1

I noticed it started happening once there was an update release on the play store...i updated the game and it worked fine on mobile data but then it ran into the same problem again after a while... I really wouldn't mind at all but my Wi-Fi router was struck by lightning so no more Wi-Fi at home for a while lol
  • Options
    Is there a way for someone from EA to take a look at this issue? It kinda sucks to pay for a mobile game that can't be played on mobile data connection.

I'm more than willing to give the tech support more information for debugging if needed.
  • Options
    Guess what. I tried this scenario.

Loaded the game using mobile connection, error banner.png appeared.

Closed the app.

Switched on my 3g mobile WiFi router (transmitting WiFi but connected on mobile data). Connected game through WiFi and loaded the game. The error resolves...
  • Options
    I have the same problem. Today starts at 18:00 time of Brazil.
    I have a galaxy s5 android
    I am a really fan of star wars. And I have paid some money to unlock someone characters.
    Please fix this bug.
  • Options
    Got same issue (Galaxy Tab S2) for the first time - right after new patch. My main account is fine. But I can no longer log into my second Google account. I get this error, and get booted into guest account. I reinstalled the game, but the issue is same - main account works, second account gets the Drawable error.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    Same issue, even on Wi-Fi

LG V10, Android 5.1.1
    And
    LG VK815 5.0.2

After attempting to log into Google accounts I am logged out to guest account with this error and unable to log back in any account. I tried clearing app cache and data and it does not fix it.
  • Options
    oh crap, i ran into this issue, clearing cache and data dosent help, reinstalling dosent help, any suggestions?
  • Options
    I was able to log into my account by using BlueStacks - still can't log in on the tablet.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    I get the same error no matter what. It just started maybe an hour ago.
  • Options
    Same problém on Sony Z2...
  • Options
    Same, on a Google Nexus... Spoke to EA and to play store. Play store says it's EAs fault, EA says it's Google's..... It's getting old... Still can't log in to my main account....
  • Options
    I have been messing around with different accounts and I think I figured it out... It seems to be related to Google creating Gamer IDs... Once I create one for a Google account, I can log into the game like normal from any device.

I suggest try loging into Google Play games or other games until you are prompted to create a gamer ID
  • 3lueprint
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Same error. Only happens when I try to log into my main account. Error only started when I made a 2nd account today and and and switched from my alt account to my main. I can log into my alt account no problem once logging out to guest, but a no go on the main.

Edit: Using an HTC One M8 with the newest android.
    Also my secondary email I attached to both gmail accounts is the same if that matters at all.
    More Edit: My Main account works with bluestack on my PC. But the problem is occurring on my phone still.
    Post edited by 3lueprint on
  • Options
    Definitely seems to be a problem with Gamer ID. I have one account with Gamer ID which I can log into the game with, another account without Gamer ID I can't log into the game with. Google Play Games will not let me log in with my alt account to create the gamer ID, so can't log into game, will lose arena rewards because of this.
  • Options
    Here's a temp fix if you can't create your Gamer ID yet

>Go to settings.
    >Go to application manager.
    >Click on Google Play Games.
    >Uninstall the updates.
    >Restart your device.
  • KUJayhawk11
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Absolutely irate over this faulty update. Lost out on a full day of Galactic War and the rest of my daily accomplishments because of this. Tech support wasn't of any help as of yet. If I can't even log into my Google Play account how am I supposed to give you my user ID or anything to identity my account?
  • Options
    KUJayhawk11, the problem was with Google's Play Games update adding gamer tags. Not GOH. Hauzer's steps above work fine to get around the problem for now. I would recommend after uninstalling the Google Play Games updates, you go back into google play store. Find the google Play Games app and tell it not to auto update to keep it from happening tomorrow.
  • Options
    xsebx wrote: »
    KUJayhawk11, the problem was with Google's Play Games update adding gamer tags. Not GOH. Hauzer's steps above work fine to get around the problem for now. I would recommend after uninstalling the Google Play Games updates, you go back into google play store. Find the google Play Games app and tell it not to auto update to keep it from happening tomorrow.

I'm still getting automatically logged into an alt account on a different gmail address that I no longer even have linked on my Android (I removed it when the problems started). I'm simply unable to sign back into my main account -- or even a guest account when I try to sign into another.

• Options
    Never happened before, but now with the update I get the banner error & can't log into Google Play or get back into my account.
  • Options
    Yeah as soon as google play asked me to make a new gamertag both accounts started to work.
  • Options
    Only way I could get it to work was to remove the primary google account from my device, then log into play games with the alt account remaining on the device, create the Gamer ID properly, then log into SWGOH on the alt account and then log the primary google account back into the device.
  • Options
    This problem happened only when I play with 4g, but since yesterday I'm getting this error even in wifi! Lost an entire day of game.
  • Options
    That fix from hauzer doesn't work
  • Options
    Already tried everything... I can start new game, log in on different accounts, but can't log in on my main account lvl70... I have some money invested in this game. Awaiting for anyone's solution! I'm desperate!
  • Options
    Having the same issue on a LG G3 with Android 5.0
  • Options
    Hauzer wrote: »
    Here's a temp fix if you can't create your Gamer ID yet

>Go to settings.
    >Go to application manager.
    >Click on Google Play Games.
    >Uninstall the updates.
    >Restart your device.

THIS WORKS!!!!

THANK YOU!