Is it time to increase level cap?

Prev1345
I want honest opinions. I have been playing the game for a year now, and the cap has been 85, and I'm now 83. Over half the community I believe is at 85, but I don't know if when or if we even need a level cap increase soon. Thoughts?
"There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/

Replies

• Options
    I'm torn I started in December but I'm almost level 84 I would like to hit max level but only my arena team is level 83 then my second team is 82 and lots of toons are 70 to 82
  • Options
    I'm torn I started in December but I'm almost level 84 I would like to hit max level but only my arena team is level 83 then my second team is 82 and lots of toons are 70 to 82

Omg same.

• Bennehftw
    316 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Kittens no.

Hell no.

Kittens no.

Just no.
    Post edited by RJ__Brando on
  • WreakerOfClash
    269 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Bennehftw wrote: »
    Kittens no.

Hell no.

Kittens no.

Just no.

Please explain, not just spit out your point of view over and over without elaboration.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on

• Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Almost a year and not 85? Wow...
    For me, i dont want an increase of lv cap yet... If its hard to get some toons to lv 85 because of credits... Just imagine all the credits that it will cost to lv them up to 90 or 95... No thanks
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    It's the higher gear levels that concern me. So no.
  • Options
    Fahrius wrote: »
    Almost a year and not 85? Wow...
    For me, i dont want an increase of lv cap yet... If its hard to get some toons to lv 85 because of credits... Just imagine all the credits that it will cost to lv them up to 90 or 95... No thanks

I did take a 3-5 month break from the game, coming back for the ships, soo...

• Options
    Yeah the gear crunch is killing me lol
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    No...
    I remember the last cap increase, all I could do was work on my five area characters.

It's nice now to work on other characters and try them out in GW, Raids & arena, it's making things more diverse.

So again, no, on the cap increase.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    No...
    I remember the last cap increase, all I could do was work on my five area characters.

It's nice now to work on other characters and try them out in GW, Raids & arena, it's making things more diverse.

Yeah I guess. And congrats on 1000 posts dude!

• WreakerOfClash
    269 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    In response to my eariler thread, I wanna know when people think we should expect a level cap. In all legitimacy, I feel CG and EA will add one either in August or October.

• jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    **** no.

Hell no.

**** no.

Just no.

Please explain, not just spit out your point of view over and over without elaboration.

Been 85 for over 8 months and when i tell you ive missed out on more XP then you have ever gotten its no joke. People dont want a level cap raise just because of the increase in grind its going to bring.

Credits
    Gear
    Mods
    Leveling toons
    Oh and ALL the XP ive missed out on for being level 85 for so long.

If there is a level cap raise i hope we get rollover XP for those that have been 85 for a long time too.
  • Options
    **** no.

Hell no.

**** no.

Just no.

You wanted an honest opinion, not an elaboration of said opinion.

And my opinion is god **** **** it no.

Okay, now I am asking for an elaboration. Stop freaking out about it dude.

• USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    No...

Yeah I guess. And congrats on 1000 posts dude!

Oh!!! Well thanks! Didn't know I was @1000! (1001 now I suppose.)
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Bennehftw
    316 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The only people who want a level cap increases are noobs, and people with a collection score of like 80+

Even with my mid game 30+ G11 characters working on Zeta 7, I don't want a level increase.

And I quit for 6 months.

It's too much work to work on level increases as it makes you stop all progress to play catch up. It should happen, but things must be alleviated to fix a bunch of issues stemming from the grind of the game. If it continues to get exponentially worse, it's not worth it.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    I expect you might be right about that...

Although, I would still like another 6 months or a year is fine with me.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • MasterMasterTimelord
    1140 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    No...

+1 moreover, I can't see the reason for a lvl cap. On my shard Zader, Rex, GK, Wedge, ZQGJ, DN and even some Zauls can achieve the first stop (2015 shard), so a lvl cap would not balance the game. So, what is the reason for a lvl cap? I can only see spending credits and more gearing grind.

Ps: I can't remember of any measure taken on the lvl cap increase from 80 to 85 that could solve the gear grind (we live this difficulty to gear characters until today).

Ps2: f2p player. If you (not you, but who is in favor lol) are a whale or any other kind of player I would understand why you want a lvl cap.
  • Options
    Yeah definitely time for a level cap increase, this is the longest they've gone without one
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    Options
    I'm all for a level increase. Sometimes it's a good way to solve some brokens thing without nerfing them
  • Options
    In response to my eariler thread, I wanna know when people think we should expect a level cap. In all legitimacy, I feel CG and EA will add one either in August or October.

So, you are considering that the people did agree with the lvl cap, creating a new post about when it should be lol... Considering that the lvl cap is unavoidable, I would give 3 months until it.
  • Options
    I've been ready for a level increase since February. Collection score is around 85. I have max gear for all of the toons that I use in raids, GW, arena, etc. The game is getting very boring due to the lack of new content.

I'm now hoarding all of my gear, and I'm hoping the Ewok faction pass is a good one. I'd love to max them out, and attempt to make them high-end arena viable.
  • Options

So, you are considering that the people did agree with the lvl cap, creating a new post about when it should be lol... Considering that the lvl cap is unavoidable, I would give 3 months until it.

No not at all, I'm saying when can we expect one. That's what my title should've been. Sorry bout that.

• Options
    Ps: I'm months on lvl 85, so I am not against that only for my interests, but because I think that it could increase the gap. (on my opinion the gap between f2p and p2p have decreased since last year).
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    I don't want another level of completely meaningless widgets to grind. That just makes people less likely to experiment in arena. I won't take a chance on a theory crafted team that isn't proven if I'm risking throwing months of gear away. Rex is declining, and others are rising. We don't want to ruin that by causing everyone to double down on a safe team out of fear.

We just need more faction passes to give us incentive to gear existing toons that are currently bad. We also need more content that requires a broad roster, which also encourages us to grind more current gear. Fortunately for us we have been promised both. More faction passes are on the way, and new content is being rolled out. I'm optimistic that we're going in the right direction. A new layer of nonsense gizmos would be a nightmare right now. It would totally ruin all of that.
  • Options
    I don't see the point really - they said gear 12 wasn't anytime soon. If we can't go past gear 11 and there's no more new "zetas" being added that would be available at >85 I don't see why they'd bother. We'd just blow some credits and that's about it.
  • Bennehftw
    316 posts Member
    Options
    I'd be okay with January of next year for a level cap increase.

Maybe November at the earliest.
  • Options
    Collection score of ~83 here. NOOOOOOOO! In a james earl jones voice. Getting my aaass handed to me in arena and gw. So not yet, I'm not ready lol
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I would say it depends on the new content. If this new game mode allows us to get very generous amounts of currently hard to get gear, then I would expect one sooner. If rewards are more modest, then I'd expect it to be further away.

Edit: This comment was for the other thread that got merged here about when a cap increase will come. I am in no way hoping it comes soon, but the above will be my barometer.
  • Options

No not at all, I'm saying when can we expect one. That's what my title should've been. Sorry bout that.

Ahhh sorry! I understood wrong
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I would say it depends on the new content. If this new game mode allows us to get very generous amounts of currently hard to get gear, then I would expect one sooner. If rewards are more modest, then I'd expect it to be further away.

I agree with you