Is it time to increase level cap?

Replies

• Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see any increase of the lvl cap, because we don't have any gaming content for lvl90. The development duration is huge in this game (8 month for the gaming update) so perhaps next year. Instead of lvl increase we will get a lot of new characters. It's better for EA to make money.
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • Options
    I'm personally not ready for a level increase because as a FTP player, it's tough as it is staying in the top 100 of my arena shard and if the update happened, I would be pushed down further in the arena and it would take forever to get back to the top 100. Anyways, that's my thoughts and I'm sure most of the others are ready, but am sure not.

@Torin_Woodle

You clearly are not aware of what is going to happen if a level increase does not happen soon. The 100 more casual players behind you will catch up to you making it harder to stay in the top 200 unless you are doing something to stay ahead of them, which is very difficult without a level cap increase.
  • Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    I can not understand why players that haven´t even reached actual top level call for an increase? Be glad you reache the ceiling and have time to collect credits and droids BEFORE the next increase...you will need them
    It's actually easy to understand. All those 70-84 players are looking ahead to being massive underdogs the second they hit 85. If the level cap is raised right before they hit 85, then they'll be much more competitive once they get to 90 along with everyone else, at least as long as they think they can get some key characters past the gear bottleneck.

Then they will be still underdogs...besides that their competitors will be able to rise their roster due to saved credits and droids much faster to new level cap than they will be able to...
    The sound of a TIE Fighter engine was created by combining an elephant bellow and a car driving on wet pavement.
  • Options
    I'm personally not ready for a level increase because as a FTP player, it's tough as it is staying in the top 100 of my arena shard and if the update happened, I would be pushed down further in the arena and it would take forever to get back to the top 100. Anyways, that's my thoughts and I'm sure most of the others are ready, but am sure not.

@Torin_Woodle

You clearly are not aware of what is going to happen if a level increase does not happen soon. The 100 more casual players behind you will catch up to you making it harder to stay in the top 200 unless you are doing something to stay ahead of them, which is very difficult without a level cap increase.

@Nack_AIfgahn , I know that, but I just need about a couple of weeks before I'm completely ready for a level cap increase and gear 12
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    A level cap increase is coming, and much sooner than people think. Many people in the game still struggle to clear some of the content (HAAT, LS 9B, mod challenges) and raising the cap will actually make this stuff MORE accessible to a larger group in the game. With Thrawn and now Chirpa, they are equipping more and more guilds to beat HAAT, and a cap raise would be a fantastic step in that direction to allow players to clear raids earlier, quicker, and more efficiently.

It would be neat to see them give "thanks for playing" 100k credits to players for each day they have logged in over the duration of their account (I.e. 365 days = 36.5M credits).
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    A level cap increase is coming, and much sooner than people think. Many people in the game still struggle to clear some of the content (HAAT, LS 9B, mod challenges) and raising the cap will actually make this stuff MORE accessible to a larger group in the game. With Thrawn and now Chirpa, they are equipping more and more guilds to beat HAAT, and a cap raise would be a fantastic step in that direction to allow players to clear raids earlier, quicker, and more efficiently.

It would be neat to see them give "thanks for playing" 100k credits to players for each day they have logged in over the duration of their account (I.e. 365 days = 36.5M credits).

Are you high?

Now chirpa?? Pretty sure people could've gotten him six months ago, if they wanted to.

They want to make hAAT easier do they? Lugo wants to have a chat with you.

Nice idea at the end though. Two thumbs up!
    Instead they'll give Chewie shards instead.
  • 3mp3r0r
    33 posts Member
    Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    It's time for a lvl cap increase for sure! More and more casual f2p are invading the top ten, so the more serious players need a way to pull away from the crowd.

Lvl cap increases should be tied to server age. For example, after three months increase to lvl 70, after six months lvl 80, after a year lvl 85, 18 months lvl 90, something like that

seriously??

this is why f2p hate p2p. this attitude that p2p should be top dog is bull.

this game is every player for themselves. some
    chose to pay to get there others don't.

i welcome anyone who can get to the top whether they are pay or free, serious or casual.

geez, the current generation and their self entitlement attitudes.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    It's been too long even the wanna be's are catching up in arena. lvl 90 g12 need to hurry up
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    No. Adding levels and gear 12 only compounds the problem and solves nothing. The problem is gear, specifically carbantis and anything that starts with "stun". Some people need like 3000 carbantis alone and hundreds of stun cuffs/guns
    that have a 1/12 drop rate.

Also, new content first. Raising the level cap is not new content.
  • Options
    Yes about 4 months ago
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    Bennehftw wrote: »
    Kittens no.

Hell no.

Kittens no.

Just no.

/sign
  • Options
    Yes, but as previously stated that should come with more generous rewards, a new raid, new gear, blah blah blah
  • Options
    New game modes should come with a cap increase its just common sense so that the gear can be a reward.

In the new update exclusive gear is available from the territory battles so it's more than likely a cap increase is coming with it and gear 12.
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Yes :D to mamy f2p scrubs in the top 50
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    3mp3r0r wrote: »
    It's time for a lvl cap increase for sure! More and more casual f2p are invading the top ten, so the more serious players need a way to pull away from the crowd.

Lvl cap increases should be tied to server age. For example, after three months increase to lvl 70, after six months lvl 80, after a year lvl 85, 18 months lvl 90, something like that
    geez, the current generation and their self entitlement attitudes.

Man, I was with you until you reached this level of self-indulgent bullroar. You think it's us paying our way to the top? Dude, I was paying $1650 a month for a 348sqft studio apartment because your generation messed up the housing market so bad and have to yell at me for eating avocado toast--We don't have the income to buy a top ranking, that's you Gen-X types.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Check the new update, three new ewoks, three new hoth toons, and exclusive gear (g12?)!

Please share were it says gear12 cause I must be missing something.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    "Succeed or fail together in a new collaborative reward structure as you earn exclusive gear and characters like Hoth Han, Hoth Leia and more. Stay tuned for more details on Territory Battle-exclusive rewards!"

Yep saw that too.... Probably too late, but gotta hoard like crazy.
  • Options
    If scrubs like me can take 1st place in my Squad Arena, then yeah, it's definitely time to bump the level cap and bring on g12 g13. I would rather not because I already have 15 characters forever stuck at L1, but the arena is getting seriously clogged in the top 50.
  • 3mp3r0r
    33 posts Member
    Options
    @TommySitt you share your profile like i'm suppose to be impressed or care where you are in the game. well i'm NOT. i'm only concerned with where i am in the game. as long as i'm having fun i could care less who has what or what rank they are. there's room for all types of players as far as i'm concerned.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Ehhh... "Exclusive" gear could mean almost anything. Like, it says you all share rewards in Territory Battles. So unless everyone gets the exact same items, then the gear you get is exclusive to you. Or if you earn tokens and buy gear, unless the menu is the same for your entire guild. Or if the items you earn are things you cannonky get through raids, normally, then this could be exclusive farming.

I'm more inclined to think it means something other than gear 12.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.