It's time for the nightsisters to get their faction pass.

Replies

• Options
    Waez wrote: »
    Yeah Jawas never got a faction pass, and they remain pretty bad, even in the AAT where they are supposed to be good

Honestly, Droids and Separatists should be the next on the list, not Nightsisters. All they did was being slaughtered by Grievous and the Droid army.

The nightsisters got slaughtered because they were a real threat to palpatine.

Ventress got a boost and a couple zeta that improves ns faction, but the rest were left to rot. Accolyte was never ever any good. Daka is pretty good but outdated. And then there is Talia, stuck at gear 8 because I'm not wasting my rare droid callers on her lol

They were slaughtered because they were a nuisance to Dooku and it wouldn't take much to crush them.

Nikoms565 wrote: »

Honestly, Droids and Separatists should be the next on the list, not Nightsisters. All they did was being slaughtered by Grievous and the Droid army.

Honestly, no. First off, droids were top 10 arena viable for over a year and basically got a bump when JE, Nebit and B2 were all introduced. Factions who have never been close to arena relevant should get passes before droids get yet another run.

1/3 of the Separatists were added later. All 5 Nightsisters have been in the game since launch. And the separatist tag was added rather recently as well.

I'd be cool with Nightsisters, Bounty Hunters, Jedi, even Tuskens and Jawas before Separatists - and definitely all before droids.

Droids were not meta until JE came along. Before that, they suffered immensely because of the Speed meta that wouldn't let them take a turn.
    The only moment prior to that were they were good was thanks to Poe, but it was more Poe than the droids who made the team good.

And even with JE, they were weak against Rex and then against Wiggs. They could easily be defeated, even on offense. The rise of pre-taunters after that definitely buried them.

Finally someone else who realizes the weren't meta forever. I'd give it a max of two total months they were top in tier arena frequently (and I'm not talking 1 random dude on every shard who defied the odds). That's from when Poe was released to his nerf, and For an ever so short time after JE was released. B2 was a gift to all teams as with all the TM he gets the amount from HK barely even counts. That's like saying general kenobi made Jedi great.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    PapiBlanco wrote: »
    Yeah Jawas never got a faction pass, and they remain pretty bad, even in the AAT where they are supposed to be good

Ventress got a boost and a couple zeta that improves ns faction, but the rest were left to rot. Accolyte was never ever any good. Daka is pretty good but outdated. And then there is Talia, stuck at gear 8 because I'm not wasting my rare droid callers on her lol

They were slaughtered because they were a nuisance to Dooku and it wouldn't take much to crush them.

Honestly, no. First off, droids were top 10 arena viable for over a year and basically got a bump when JE, Nebit and B2 were all introduced. Factions who have never been close to arena relevant should get passes before droids get yet another run.

1/3 of the Separatists were added later. All 5 Nightsisters have been in the game since launch. And the separatist tag was added rather recently as well.

I'd be cool with Nightsisters, Bounty Hunters, Jedi, even Tuskens and Jawas before Separatists - and definitely all before droids.

Droids were not meta until JE came along. Before that, they suffered immensely because of the Speed meta that wouldn't let them take a turn.
    The only moment prior to that were they were good was thanks to Poe, but it was more Poe than the droids who made the team good.

And even with JE, they were weak against Rex and then against Wiggs. They could easily be defeated, even on offense. The rise of pre-taunters after that definitely buried them.

That's like saying general kenobi made Jedi great.

GK did make jedi great. Take an amazing toon to start with, now put him under a lead that gives him 30 more speed, +381 offense and additional foresight. Did i mention he's the only jedi that taunts ?

Kanan taunts :wink:
  • Options

I had some success using raid han on my droid team to stun things such as rex/SThan etc. and a arena server mate used to run a tanky droid team with hk47 lead, RG, IG-100, IG-88 and i dont remember the 5th. that team was a pain to deal with and he was all ways top 20 if memory serves me right. IG-100 is extremely underrated.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Options
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    With Nightsister faction pass confirmed, what do you expect?

Mother Talzin, obviously. She's the missing link.

Nightsisters also need a lot of work to build their own faction identity. They are a mess currently.

They have a little or life steal, stealth, healing and resurrection, but nothing truly defining.

In my opinion, they should have a stronger tie to Blood magic, that is hurting themselves to either help allies or damage enemies. Talia is a good example of that, only her heal is way too weak to be worth sacrificing health.

I'd like a real NS lead, Ventress has a decent lead but she never actually led them. Mother Talzin could grant them a new ability that allows them to sacrifice a portion of their health to do something, maybe based on that ally's class (Supports grant TM to all the team, Attackers deal unavoidable %health damage...)

I'd also enjoy an Old Daka rework to summon zombie Nightsisters when an ally dies, or something along those lines.
    Basically the character is considered dead, but a weak zombie character replaces them and can't be damaged, but still has its own abilities that make them a minor threat.
  • Options
    Darax_ren wrote: »
    Noone in the real world knows who TF nightsisters are; but every layperson on the street would recognize half the characters in the separatist faction as being Star Wars.

At the moment, Separatists suck. They lack a number of iconic characters like Droideka and B2 droids. And they are some of the hardest to farm.

They should be an absolute priority for a faction psst. They are the Empire equivalent for the prequels and should be equally as dominant in the game.

Every layperson on the street would recognize Sun Fac and B2? I didn't even know who Sun Fac was before I started playing this game and I'm a huge SW fan. People on the street would maybe recognize Dooku and Grevious, that's it.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Noone in the real world knows who TF nightsisters are; but every layperson on the street would recognize half the characters in the separatist faction as being Star Wars.

At the moment, Separatists suck. They lack a number of iconic characters like Droideka and B2 droids. And they are some of the hardest to farm.

They should be an absolute priority for a faction psst. They are the Empire equivalent for the prequels and should be equally as dominant in the game.

Every layperson on the street would recognize Sun Fac and B2? I didn't even know who Sun Fac was before I started playing this game and I'm a huge SW fan. People on the street would maybe recognize Dooku and Grevious, that's it.

Still, Separatists have Dooku and Grievous as very memorable characters, who are some of the main antagonists of ep II and III.

B2 battle Droids do also appear in the movies, and even though people might not recognize them, they could be remembered. The same can be said about Geonosians: Talk to people about "those insect guys during the Arena fight of ep. II" and people will probably see who they are.

Nightsisters, however, do not exist at all outside of a few episodes of TCW. They do matter, but less than Separatists.

The nail in the coffin being that NS already have some kind of synergy, while there is literally no leader and synergy for Separatists. They also have way more opportunities for characters than NS, who are probably only get Talzin.

I'm still happy that we get a faction pass, I'm just a bit disappointed that it's NS and not Sepies.
  • Options

Great listen. That's how most interviews should be. Top hat and NRAJ were fun and insightful. Throwing shots at cup and ug and giving some insight of how busy they are and not just twirling mustaches while contemplating nerfs. Well done again. Putting all positive reinforcement for the devs because they have been outstanding so far. And they do read everything.

• Options

Still, Separatists have Dooku and Grievous as very memorable characters, who are some of the main antagonists of ep II and III.

B2 battle Droids do also appear in the movies, and even though people might not recognize them, they could be remembered. The same can be said about Geonosians: Talk to people about "those insect guys during the Arena fight of ep. II" and people will probably see who they are.

Nightsisters, however, do not exist at all outside of a few episodes of TCW. They do matter, but less than Separatists.

The nail in the coffin being that NS already have some kind of synergy, while there is literally no leader and synergy for Separatists. They also have way more opportunities for characters than NS, who are probably only get Talzin.

I'm still happy that we get a faction pass, I'm just a bit disappointed that it's NS and not Sepies.

Actually, the nightsisters existed before the prequel trilogy, through the comic books.

• Options

I don't think they officially said that. All they said was that they do keep a list of toons to be reevaluated but also noted that they can't always get to them as quickly as we would like due to the overall workload of producing new content.
  • Options

Mother Talzin, obviously. She's the missing link.

Nightsisters also need a lot of work to build their own faction identity. They are a mess currently.

They have a little or life steal, stealth, healing and resurrection, but nothing truly defining.

In my opinion, they should have a stronger tie to Blood magic, that is hurting themselves to either help allies or damage enemies. Talia is a good example of that, only her heal is way too weak to be worth sacrificing health.

I'd like a real NS lead, Ventress has a decent lead but she never actually led them. Mother Talzin could grant them a new ability that allows them to sacrifice a portion of their health to do something, maybe based on that ally's class (Supports grant TM to all the team, Attackers deal unavoidable %health damage...)

I'd also enjoy an Old Daka rework to summon zombie Nightsisters when an ally dies, or something along those lines.
    Basically the character is considered dead, but a weak zombie character replaces them and can't be damaged, but still has its own abilities that make them a minor threat.

I like the way you think, id love the zombie nightsisters in the game, maybe as a character?
  • Options
    They've already said a NS rework was coming, but they never stated that it would be in anytime soon... I understand the positions of the devs now, and honestly, I'm surprised by how fast they release stuff.

I just hope the nightsisters get an appropriate rework in due time.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

A few things to keep in mind:

1) Separatist wasn't even an in game faction until a few months ago. NS have been an in-game faction since launch.

2) Many "Separatists" have been floating around in the meta on and off for a good while - GS was a must-have arena piece when he was the only toon who good get to G9, Dooku was king of the first "Dodge Meta" and has even now seen a resurgence with his rework as a Sith and/or under a DN lead, and B2 and Sun Fac were terrors in arena for a good long time when they were first released. Other than Daka, no NS has ever truly been viable in arena (and only she in very specific teams - and mostly while she was "broken").

Given the above, I think many feel Nighsisters are much more "due" for a factin rework than Separatists.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • cby
    105 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/luce/

At this speed would make her fastest base speed in game currently
  • Options
    Please no bounty Hunter pass. They will probably nerf boba if the ewoks are any indicator
  • Options
    Please no bounty Hunter pass. They will probably nerf boba if the ewoks are any indicator

Bounty Hunter faction pass is unnecessary
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »

Bounty Hunter faction pass is unnecessary

It's no more unnecessary than a nightsister pass
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options

1) Separatist wasn't even an in game faction until a few months ago. NS have been an in-game faction since launch.

2) Many "Separatists" have been floating around in the meta on and off for a good while - GS was a must-have arena piece when he was the only toon who good get to G9, Dooku was king of the first "Dodge Meta" and has even now seen a resurgence with his rework as a Sith and/or under a DN lead, and B2 and Sun Fac were terrors in arena for a good long time when they were first released. Other than Daka, no NS has ever truly been viable in arena (and only she in very specific teams - and mostly while she was "broken").

Given the above, I think many feel Nighsisters are much more "due" for a factin rework than Separatists.

Well, there was a short while when whales started using ventress for her extreme speed, that is, until Chaze showed up....

• Options
    MmoProNick wrote: »

Well, there was a short while when whales started using ventress for her extreme speed, that is, until Chaze showed up....

I'm no whale but I used ventress lead back then, wasnt a team I couldnt beat, but all has changed
  • Options
    I remember when ventress used to heal the whole team, and recently how she could remove 100tm from entire chaze teams
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options

Useless to mediocre / mid game level usability
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »

Useless to mediocre / mid game level usability

If this is about the ewoks, I will GLADLY explain how ewoks will be meta material...
  • Options
    (secretly hopes kozi doesn't post a "soon" gif/meme on here)
  • Options
    Imo they should be the last faction pass. It's not like they're super popular aside from a small % of their fans. Clones, Jedi, ect ect should get passes long before Nightsisters... Ewoks are neat and all but I doubt there are a ton of ppl overly excited about this current pass, but even they were a better choice than Nightsisters. Not saying they shouldn't get a pass, only that I'd prefer they manage other factions first.

Actually, droids would be a personal close second for last faction pass but I'm quite sure there are far more ppl wanting their pass than Nightsisters. But this is really just my opinion.
  • Ledinis
    193 posts Member
    Options
    How about giving faction passes to factions that actually mattered in the Star Wars lore like the Galactic Republic and Separatists, before reworking cameos like Night Sisters, Sand People and stuff like that ? :)
  • SolidStripes
    580 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Droids are a tag, not a faction, though in this game theyre treated like a faction, but they are not. Hk, 88, and 86 never crossed paths afaik correct me if I'm wrong but everyone is fine with the power trio. I know its a holotable game not the real fictional characters but... R2 GG B2 K2 Ig 100 chopper a faction?

Oh and if memory serves there used to be a human tag in the game.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Flippin radical droid racists!

Plotting to enslave all non-droids!

F an A! >:)
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Flippin radical droid racists!

Plotting to enslave all non-droids!

F an A! >:)

??? Meatbags!