Transitioning to Heroic Aat Raid?

Prev1
My guild has heroic aat raid in our sights. But are we ready? We're not sure... we have 50 members, we've been completing normal aat raid in about 2 days give or take a little. We tried heroic once, a while ago to see where we stand and we got about half way. How does damage in normal aat compare to herioc att? A ratio? Anyone have any advice?

Replies

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Just make sure you have the main teams for each phase. Chirpatine, zVader, Resistance, Clones, Thrawn, zKylo, etc. If you have a few of each, you will be just fine.
  • Options
    Ok say my jawa team (all 5 jawas) will get around 650,000 damage phase 3 in normal what does that equate to in heroic?
  • Options
    Also remember a lot of people's strong aat teams maybe not be 7* yet, so check on that as well. You get so used to normal aat that you forget not all of your toons are 7*. Just make sure the ones you need are.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    when you say 2 days, do you mean 1 day + a few attacks after the reset, or 2 full days?
    If it's the latter i expect you guys the have a really hard time with hAAT. If it's the former i only expect a hard time, it won't be easy either way.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Ok say my jawa team (all 5 jawas) will get around 650,000 damage phase 3 in normal what does that equate to in heroic?
    Hard to say, since so much depends on gear and mods, but it's not one of the better teams for any phase. You'll likely be a bit disappointed. I'm guessing you will end up around 100-200k. Not sure, I haven't tried that team in a long time. But it still may be enough, depending on 49 other guild members and their teams ;)
    AAT in 2 days you say, you should be able to clear HAAT P1-P3 or better. It really helps if you have a few players with good rosters (from other guilds) who want to help your guild to clear it in case you get stuck in P3 or P4.
    You will need each player from your guild to do 2% (on average):
    P1 - 86k dmg
    P2 - 384k dmg
    P3 - 240k dmg
    P4 - 240k dmg
    Those who can do 3 million in an entire AAT are probably ready, as long as their teams are 7*.

• Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    A former guild of mine managed to beat Normal AAT in two or three hours, yet we were not ready to beat Heroic when we tried. It will all depend on the whole guild's rosters, and whether you manage to all use a team for each phase that will manage to do the required 2%.

A good rule of thumb is that a squad of adequately modded g10 characters will do three or four times less damage on HAAT than on NAAT. But in some cases you lose much more.

But if the five best teams of each member are not enough to kill NAAT in one go, and you need a character refresh to do it, you're probably not ready. Keep up gearing and modding !

Best advice I'd give is to try an HAAT turn - the most serious thing that could happen is to fail. And at least you'll get a feel of how it works, of what teams look ready and which need more work.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    We did the transition by trying every month. Both seeing progress happen and what you're missing is a great way to get people excited and farming the right toons.
  • Options
    Ok so the 2 % is required... i was wondering that. So each member is responsible for 950,000 damage total? 50membersx950,000damage= 47,500,000 damage total for guild wide. Yeah we got a bigger road ahead than we thought...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    personally i'm not a fan of the 2% method. The "super team" method is quicker and better imo. instead of having each member farm 4 teams capable of doing 2% in each phase, have members farm a team that is capable of ~8%, wich is easier imo than farming 4 different teams (depending where you're at in the game ofcourse).
    Save bet is to farm resistance (including R2 for p3/4), give finn a zeta and you've got phase 2, 3 and 4 covered (upwards of 8% easily). p1 is a cakewalk in comparrison anyway.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Acrofales thats a good idea. Heroic aat Guild event. First raid of the month.. to visually see progress.
  • Options
    My old guild was doing Normal AAT in about 18-22 hours. I personally was averaging 12-16m damage per raid, but we could never get passed Phase 3 of HAAT. We really only had about 10-15 people that could hit the Heroic phase goals. Eventually we merged with another guild and cleared HAAT, but my best damage was only 2.5-3m. So you can expect a drop of 70-80% in damage when transitioning from Normal to Heroic. Now months later I can do about 5m in HAAT, but I'm still nowhere near the damage I was doing in Normal.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    The real question is whether you have multiple teams that does 8M+ on P2 and P4 for NAAT. How many EP and 7* Chirpa do you have?

These are the real question and anyway, just try it once, experience come from hard experience.
  • Options
    Im pretty sure we as a whole have phase 1 covered (zylo) and jedi's... zylos guild wide should take turns soloing phase 1. Phases 2and4 usually go pretty quick. (We love toppling tanks) phase 3 is jawa and Chirpatine(we have couple working on more). What specific teams are good or better for certain phases?
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    Super team method is valid, but dangerous. If one of them is missing, your risk of failure is higher than with the 2%/phase/member method, as 49 people can more easily replace one missing than 10-12 or less. There's also a higher risk of seeing members strong enough to join an HAAT guild depart your guild.
    And bad RNG happens, consequences being dire if you rely on super teams.
  • Options
    Ok so the 2 % is required... i was wondering that.
    It's about averages. If you have 1 guild member who can do 10% in P2, that means that 4 other members can get away with 0% in P2. They can save these squads for P4. It all depends on the available squads in your entire guild.
    If you know who does more than 2% and who does less than 2% in each phase, you also know who should attack that phase and who should wait., and your members know on what teams they should focus. That way, you can optimize your entire HAAT strategy.
  • Options
    Ok so the 2% isn't "required"... the remainder up to the 2%, just has to come from our heavy hitters. That makes it more doable. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    2 days or 2 hours? Because if you need 2 days for the normal AAT that means that
    A ) Organization in the guild is extremely bad
    B ) Rosters are very weak

In either case you will fail in the HAAT. In HAAT you don't have any resets, so you won't be able to go in second time.
  • Options
    Ok. So if we can get our normal aat raid down to using no toon refreshs at all, we are more than likely ready?
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, the "required 2%" is indeed an average, I didn't mean to lead you to understand it differently.

And yes, once you're able to beat NAAT without any toon refresh, you pass a benchmark. But it usually is not sufficient, so don't get your hopes too high when you do a test run.
  • Options
    Ok so to summarize.. 2% from 50 members. Each member is responsible for 950,000 damage. if less participants for raid = more percentage from each. Diversify squads across all phases. Beat normal aat raid without toon refreshes..... Be able to do all of the above..... and i think were close to a heroic completion.
  • Options
    How does double damage happen during rancor raid? Is double damage bad or good depending on
  • Options
    Ok so to summarize.. 2% from 50 members. Each member is responsible for 950,000 damage. if less participants for raid = more percentage from each. Diversify squads across all phases. Beat normal aat raid without toon refreshes..... Be able to do all of the above..... and i think were close to a heroic completion.

2% are a lot in HAAT. My guild could get it down to 20% of phase 3 when we could complete NAAT in ~2 hours. Of course that is very dependent on the rosters of everyone, but it was still extremely hard.
  • Options
    2 hrs wow. Lot's of gears and squads to build. Thanks for the heads up to all. Its good to be informed.
  • Options
    2 hrs wow. Lot's of gears and squads to build. Thanks for the heads up to all. Its good to be informed.

You can have a look here on what squads you could possibly build.
    https://swgohindepth.com/2017/04/13/morningstar-013s-complete-haat-team-list/
  • Options
    Acrofales thats a good idea. Heroic aat Guild event. First raid of the month.. to visually see progress.

This was huge for us. We had a friend from another guild with HAAT on farm hop over for the raid with full Zeta clone and resistance teams (and a few others as well) to push us over the line in phases 2-4 after we stalled out about 12 hours into each phase. It gave us a concrete number of how much damage we needed to make up to go back in, and we could easily ballpark our progress from there.

(Ex. We were ~2.5-3m short in P3. That's about half a dozen good Chirpatine or Teebotine type teams.)

It makes everything much more concrete from a planning perspective because you can get a ballpark for what a good XYZ type team is capable of and how close your members are to bringing additional teams online.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    2 days means you still need refills on naat. Yeah there are no 5 matches limit on haat, but it's unlikely many people has more than 5 teams that does damage. On the other hand try it and see where you're at to gauge further progression. Until we were there, we had a monthly haat for gauging and that also kept the morale up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    You seem to have a lot of good advice here.

Make sure everyone knows to enter a phase they need to do the minimum 2% with a single team per phase. This is a safety net, not a requirement. This prevents stalling, and wasting teams.

Save teams, as the end of a phase approaches make sure you are very organized, to minimize wasted damage.

I worry a little since you can't clear Naat without a refresh, this likely means you don't have any super teams. It's nice to go into haat knowing you have at least a few and good to know you have one for each phase.

Rng is a complicated thing, if you can take your time, make sure people withdraw if they thunk they can do better, especially of they are not going to do 2%.

Good luck.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    Using an independent chatting application, like Discord or Line, is also a big help in coordinating, and sharing help and advice among the whole guild. There are also useful websites to check whether you're ready or not, or to help the farming. Be sure you check all these (starting with swgoh.gg to have all rosters ready).
  • NahWillis
    195 posts Member
    Options
    I stepped away from the game for a while into an NAAT guild and could solo P4 with a Zader/Maul team that would be lucky to get 250k in HAAT. The ratio of damage NAAT to HAAT is like 10 or 15:1.

I'd say you are far from ready.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    2 days means you still need refills on naat. Yeah there are no 5 matches limit on haat, but it's unlikely many people has more than 5 teams that does damage. On the other hand try it and see where you're at to gauge further progression. Until we were there, we had a monthly haat for gauging and that also kept the morale up.

Needing the refresh is tricky just because of how P1 works. If you've got a handful of Zylo's/Zavages, you can just not worry about P1 on Heroic, but on normal it can be a massive slog that burns all five of everybodies attempts because nobody has put effort into actual P1 teams.

We could kill P2-4 in about 2 hours, if that, but P1 takes 90 minutes in its own right, and leaves 15 of our heavy hitters tapped out.

Tl;dr: if you mainly need the refresh because of the P1 slog, it isn't neccesarily indicative of anything.