New Ewoks Assault

Prev1
Is it me or is the new Ewoks Assault ridiculously hard?!? I can't even beat level 1 and I've got level 85 characters. Seems like a money grab by EA???

Replies

• Options
    If you've got r2z2 and decent droids it's **** easy
  • UdalCuain
    5022 posts Member
    Options
    Manage all three tiers with gear XI level 85 R2, Gear X level 85 Zader, gear X level 85 Palp, gear VIII level 80 Tarkin and gear VIII level 75 Snowtrooper. Save you AoE attacks for the low health but hard hitting Ewoks and take your time with the other. Keep elders stunned as much as you can.
  • Xyrex
    47 posts Member
    Options
    The tier I is recomended to level 75 characters, g8. I meet the requisites and I not even close. I think they should update their recomendations.
  • Options
    Yep no go for me on any tier. First run got 3* on Tiers 1 and 2 and 1* on Tier 3. Can't even get past T1. Odd since my toons have better mods this time around. All L85 7* Zader(L) G10, Palp G10, RG G9, Magma G8, Tarkin G8. Odd indeed. Even tried using my Shore 5* G8 and R2 6* G8 and K2 7* G7. Hmm
  • Options
    Ran full droids and smoked them. G9 HK, g9 86, g10 88, g11 b2, g11 zR2
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    I beat first two teirs with imperial troopers
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Have previously got 3 stars on the first 2 tiers, now I can't even get past part 4 of easiest, even with the team that got 3 stars previously. So something's amiss
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Seems the same as the past 3+ times...imho
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    They broke the hell out of it. The ewoks are stupis fast now.
  • Options
    Huh? Zader, Palp, Tarkin, TFP, Shore. All G10-11. Auto battle had a hard time of round 8 - in the past I've been able to just auto the hardest tier. But if I step in and play it - same story as last time - I think I got hit once the entire 8 rounds.

AOE is really helpful, and you need to time the abilities so they're off cooldown in the harder rounds. Droids work well too :)
  • Options
    They jacked this event up big time around the time of the imperial trooper rework and it's been way unbalanced for the level recommendations since. Seems they had no interest in fixing this. Too bad, just one less thing to do (that I could do before!).
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    Klocko wrote: »
    Seems the same as the past 3+ times...imho

You're probably one of the ones too high up to notice. I specifically remember the last one and how it got bumped up midway because people were passing it, then waaaay less were passing it. My characters are way stronger. They fly through other challenges but this one is still an issue. There's clearly a problem. It was bumped up.

• Options
    Seemed all straightforward. Hk, 88,86 zzr2 and palpy. All g11
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    Huh? Zader, Palp, Tarkin, TFP, Shore. All G10-11. Auto battle had a hard time of round 8 - in the past I've been able to just auto the hardest tier. But if I step in and play it - same story as last time - I think I got hit once the entire 8 rounds.

AOE is really helpful, and you need to time the abilities so they're off cooldown in the harder rounds. Droids work well too :)

You realize you're way above recommendations right? It's cool and all that you claim you past through so easy. I got Zader, palp! RG, above level 10-9 above specs and I probably could've passed it but I just got tired of the **** OP it. One ewok fully regenerated 4 ewoks... etc etc. Payout isn't the irritation.
  • Options
    With r2 number crunch z this was ridiculously easy. With out it, it was very hard.
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    With r2 number crunch z this was ridiculously easy. With out it, it was very hard.

Not everyone got R2 due to whatever restrictions that I forgot lol. This was beyond excessive. Especially for the lame payout.

• Options
    Didn't realise I was above the requirements. AOE is king here. Controlling the Elder and handling the Scouts is a must. Although I haven't tried, it always was doable with HK, the two IGs, RG to stun and I wheeled out mediocre Snowtrooper for his AOE (maybe B2 would work well?). I feel that the Ewoks have gotten a speed boost but otherwise, same as it has been.

I believe that the last time this came out, the bonus tier was changed so that the Elder spawned all Scouts on death in Round 8.That's when you need some AoE to come in.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    I disagree. I beat it at the first attempt, even bonus tier, with a full Empire squad (Palp, Vader, TFP, Shore, Death). It just takes good timing and prioritization.
    As for the lower tiers, I could auto it (and actually did for the normal tier).
    R2 is only necessary if you try a Droid team.
  • NerfiestHerd
    16 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Before R2, in last forest moon, it took me around 5 attempts to beat the bonus tier. They changed the difficulty to the previous event and it genuinely is very hard if one doesn't have excellent toons. I finished this with G11 EP (L), G10 Vader, G11 TFP, G11 zR2, G11 B2.

R2 just makes a HUGE difference over G10 RG who I had in the previous event.
  • Options
    Before R2, in last forest moon, it took me around 5 attempts to beat the bonus tier. They changed the difficulty to the previous event and it genuinely is very hard if one doesn't have excellent toons. I finished this with G11 EP (L), G10 Vader, G11 TFP, G11 zR2, G11 B2.

R2 just makes a HUGE difference over G10 RG whom I had in the previous event.

Same here - swapped R2Z2 instead of RG and this time around was easier. Had Zader, EP, TFP, Shore, RG and today Zader, EP, TFP, Shore and R2
  • Options
    You can do it without r2 or zader. Just use Hk, 88,86,palpy and tfp. If you make them all fast there are enough aoes to get through 8/8.
  • Options
    Thrawn also is really good to control the elders and your tm. I couldn't complete the bonus tier last time, today I did it on first attempt.
  • Options
    It is stupid hard. No reason for that level of difficulty on easy mode.
  • Options
    It is really hard. I have Palpatine zVader TFP zR2 G11 and Tarkin G10 and I am not even close to finish it...

Oddly enough I already had 3* on the T1 and 2* on T2. It was recalibrated to be very hard
  • S3nt1_ge
    32 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    beat it easy with Hk47(L) G10, IG86 g10 ig88 g11 EP g10 and r2d2 g9 all lev 85 and *7
    just safe Aoe to kill the harder ewoks and always hit the elder if no other hard hitting ewoks are on the Field
  • Options
    Ive only beat tier 1 so far but palp lvl 76 g8, vader lvl 76 g8, royal guard lvl 80 g8, tarkin lvl 74 g8, and thrawn lvl 74 g7.... So i think ur wrong i was right around specs and i at least beat tier 1
  • Options
    CrownV87 wrote: »
    Ive only beat tier 1 so far but palp lvl 76 g8, vader lvl 76 g8, royal guard lvl 80 g8, tarkin lvl 74 g8, and thrawn lvl 74 g7.... So i think ur wrong i was right around specs and i at least beat tier 1

How'd you accomplish it at that level? Please explain your strategy.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    It is **** hard. No reason for that level of difficulty on easy mode.
    Perhaps that's were you fail. There is no easy mode. The first tier is a "dificult" battle. Second tier is "very difficult". Easy has no place there.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Xyrex wrote: »
    The tier I is recomended to level 75 characters, g8. I meet the requisites and I not even close. I think they should update their recomendations.
    Read up on the history of these events. They're intended for level 80 players and originally didn't unlock if you weren't max level, so naturally (and rightfully) people complained about content they couldn't access. So they announced they would lower the entry point, but not make the event easier.

Now, all that said, this is the fourth time (at least) that the event has been active and every time you get the same "This is impossible" posts with the same "No it's not, here's how you do it" replies. Usually that "how you do it" involves using a different team.

So how do you not take the hint after all this time?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.