Anyone else not care about Jedi Luke?

Replies

• Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    Like it or not Jedi Luke is overdue. He is THE main character in star wars. He is also one of the characters used to advertise this game. How upsetting it is to get into SWGOH and find out he is not even available as a playable character.

Not to get off topic, but I'd argue that Anakin/Vader is the main character.
  • SWGAMER6
    539 posts Member
    Options
    Like it or not Jedi Luke is overdue. He is THE main character in star wars. He is also one of the characters used to advertise this game. How upsetting it is to get into SWGOH and find out he is not even available as a playable character.

Not to get off topic, but I'd argue that Anakin/Vader is the main character.

I don't think so. Episodes 4-6 is about Luke's hero journey to rise above his circumstances and triumph over the evil emperor and his unwise elders (i.e. Ben and Yoda) in order to redeem his father. Vader is the antagonist of the story. Episodes 1-3 are really just commentary to set up the main story of Episodes 4-6.
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    Options
    luke is lame vs anakin. but if he's good i will take him asap
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    c5e317fa6589edcc8ca13017634f2650af1168e8d0ea129088f551d28a15b751.jpg
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    Options
    I would rather see new game modes. Especially if they include more accessible gear grind. New characters is fine and dandy, but I am having trouble gearing up existing ones already.
  • Blooper_Pazdro1
    28 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I also don't care, OP. But the thing I really want is Ep8 Kylo
    <spoiler> and his ship - TIE Silencer <spoiler/>
  • Options
    I don't really care about Luke. But I do care about Ep 8 Kylo
    and his ship - TIE Silencer
  • Ariella
    219 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's kind of ridiculous that the game has featured him on the splash screen (along, historically with a number of ships) which aren't actually playable. I also agree he's an iconic character and should absolutely be in it.
    I could sort of get it if he was an end-game raid boss or something so you at least encountered him frequently but to have excluded him so far is just weird (and no I don't really count the farm boy).

But... I don't use Jedi in arena or in any raids, and I'll be surprised if he's so very good that he mixes in well with my Empire arena squad. At best, he'll get a decent ship (which probably won't be upon his release) and he'll be useful in HAAT (although I already have several squads per phase).

So I'm not especially excited for him at this point, but that could change.

If the devs created a way to use obsolete gear, more reliably farm mods, improved raid rewards, added new raids, changed the raid ticket generation mechanics from the current system which rips apart guilds... these are some of the things I'd get excited about :)
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Please, don't kill me...

I don't like Luke and I can wait for his Jedi version, but he is one of the iconic characters, so he needs to be in this game (And be very good, I hope he anihilates the Rex combos. Always I see a rex leader I attack him, cause they aren't hard to beat, they are just boring).
    I hope his event will be unique and epic.

Not a hater, I want him here but I don't like him. :)

Edit: **** isn't allowed in the forums
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

That is Anakin, he appears in episodes 1-6 (I know in episodes 4,5,6 and even 3 he was darth Vader, but he is Anakin) The saga is a journey around his life
    I'm refering to SW as universe
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    most of the time im happy with new characters new anything is good in my book.
  • Options
    It's not a matter of absolutes, he's an important part of SW long overdue. The new, also overdue, content will make a bigger impact.

If it weren't for that, I would of quit a bit ago. It's getting harder and harder to keep logging in to make the doughnuts when there's nothing fun anymore to use grinded toons on.
  • Options
    Karek77 wrote: »
    What are the long standing issues with the game right now?

Daily raid ticket counter is a big one for every guild leader and officer.
  • Options
    If they're going to get Jedi or Commander Luke in the mix, I just hope his kit lives up to the effort it's going to take to get him. Anything short of that would be disappointing.
  • Options
    Luke sucks, he sucks, in the movies, where is only achievement is in his piloting skills, he pretty much failed to accomplish anything as a Jedi. Anakin restored balance twice, first in ep3 by annihilating the Jedi, then again in episode 6 by killing the emperor. So I'm interested in him piloting the best or second best ship but I'm not at all interested in what's sure to be an OP kit for arena and raids when the guy went to a Jedi summer camp. Once.
  • Options
    What are the long standing issues with the game right now?

Daily raid ticket counter is a big one for every guild leader and officer.

That a big problem. But the real issue is with people. You have all these casual players joining gung ho guilds and they do little to contribute, forcing the leaders and officers to become babysitters. Taking away from their enjoyment of the game.
    Many guilds post these rules in the guild description so by joining you agree to follow them, but then don't.
    Maybe its just the size of guilds, 50 people are difficult to manage.
    You can post in the guild description: "600 raid tickets daily" or "chat required for raids" and "24 hr zero damage in the pit" and "No Mol Elizas allowed" yet every raid here comes some random Mol Eliza out of nowhere going full throttle on phase one the moment it opens.
  • Options
    Jonsolo32 wrote: »
    I'm not going to repeat the long standing issues that are ignored. Read the forum.

All I ever come across on these forums is someone posts complaining about something, some people show up to cheer them on, others show up to shoot them down. The arguement starts and usually derails into a flame war, argueing totally irrelevant points and beating dead horses.
    If you can show me an issue where with a unanimous vote there is something wrong I may consider it an issue.
    Game breaking issues like the barris zeta bug are handled, lesser issues like han shoots first are backburnered, for example.
    Most complaints usually originate from frusteration of the time consuming grind or paywall where people believe they are entitled to some kind of hand out.
    Or its fan fight, I like this faction better than that faction, why do they get the attention when such and such needs it? Oh yeah? Yeah! ding ding ding

So thE very fact that they had to create feedback sections in this forum because of numerous complaints about gameplay means everything is going well to you?

+1
  • johnnysocks71
    351 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I like hearing all the different opinions on Luke being released. That's why I started this post. Thanks everyone.
  • Lebronaims
    287 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm not going to repeat the long standing issues that are ignored. Read the forum.

All I ever come across on these forums is someone posts complaining about something, some people show up to cheer them on, others show up to shoot them down. The arguement starts and usually derails into a flame war, argueing totally irrelevant points and beating dead horses.
    If you can show me an issue where with a unanimous vote there is something wrong I may consider it an issue.
    Game breaking issues like the barris zeta bug are handled, lesser issues like han shoots first are backburnered, for example.
    Most complaints usually originate from frusteration of the time consuming grind or paywall where people believe they are entitled to some kind of hand out.
    Or its fan fight, I like this faction better than that faction, why do they get the attention when such and such needs it? Oh yeah? Yeah! ding ding ding

Moving mods 1 at a time is pretty much in 99% agreement to be complete dog kitten. Same with gear challenges having thousands of one piece and none of many others
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    I'm more excited for new Resistance characters, like BB8!

Luke's cool for now I guess, since I know I will have to wait until new movie for new Resistance characters and ships.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Botcher
    49 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not excited about any new characters now, mostly because there is a 93.9% chance it's another rebel....
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Botcher wrote: »
    I'm not excited about any new characters now, mostly because there is a 93.9% chance it's another rebel....
    93.9% chance your wrong.

The last four new characters were Not Rebels... Thrawn, Papaloo, Logray & Wicket.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    Options
    LOL they dont allow us to write the name of that Austrian dude with the weird mustache during WW2

fify
  • Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    I don't think too many gameplay issues are significant problems at this point. I expect luke to be meta breaking enough that owning him will be necessary for upward arena mobility, which is the whole point of the game after all.

I thought the point of the game was collecting and leveling all the characters and ships and arena just helps that go quicker. Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways ;)
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    I don't think too many gameplay issues are significant problems at this point. I expect luke to be meta breaking enough that owning him will be necessary for upward arena mobility, which is the whole point of the game after all.

It's bad but probably Luke will be another overpowert character... Balance is so great in this game...
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It's the only SW game that doesn't have a Jedi Luke. Big shame. And next they will release a mediocre versions of a hoth Luke. Maybe we will get a RotJ Luke by the end of 2018/2019....

This game should call Rebels!
  • Options
    Parableman wrote: »
    You mean the whiny snot from the original trilogy that the whiny snot from the prequels was based on? I wasn't much impressed by Luke once we got to see real Jedi in action. He seems like a poser in comparison. That's why you have to watch the original trilogy before seeing the prequels, because the other way around will leave you underwhelmed.

You are definitely forgetting that they were greatly limited in terms of what they could make the Luke in the OT appear to do. It's amazing they pulled off what they did with no CG & using only models & stop action filming. Not to mention comparing Luke & Anakin, in terms of whiny, is obsurd. Yes, in a New hope, one could argue Luke was a bit whiny. Or, you could think of him as what he was, a sheltered teen struggling with the knowledge that there was a whole universe out there & he was facing a lifetime of being stuck farming on Tat. Anakin on the other hand, was far from sheltered & in spite of being a slave, acted as if he were entitled to whatever... Anakin knew the reality of the world he lived in... you just can't compare the 2... But, since you brought up whiny, there is only 1 that deserves the title of whiniest and I think we all know who that is...

Hint: it's neither of these 2 mentioned above...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    nope just you, I hope commander luke breaks the everlasting rex meta
    There are teams that beat Rex. They get beaten by other teams, sure, but that's what game balance is. Switch to one of those teams that beats Rex.

Alternatively, suck up to the leaders on your leaderboard and maybe they'll stop directing everyone to attack you and keep you out of the top 100. That's why you're not progressing, not Rex.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    If they're going to get Jedi or Commander Luke in the mix, I just hope his kit lives up to the effort it's going to take to get him. Anything short of that would be disappointing.

He can be powerful - but he can't be OP. Otherwise he will simply be in everything - everyone's arena team = every GW node.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
This discussion has been closed.