Anyone else not care about Jedi Luke?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Ariella wrote: »
    If the devs created a way to use obsolete gear, more reliably farm mods, improved raid rewards, added new raids, changed the raid ticket generation mechanics from the current system which rips apart guilds... these are some of the things I'd get excited about :)

I'll co-sign pretty much all of this, especially the parts related to Raid Rewards, which are a joke. Not expecting perfection and in recent months there's been several QoL improvements that are much appreciated. But it just feels like things are on autopilot until Ep8 is released; I'm not terribly confident that Territory Battles are going to drop any time soon either, I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's rolled out within the next month but I'm not betting any money on it. Count me in the minority that's not really doing backflips about Commander Luke.
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Options
    It's just a joke that this game still don't have a Jedi Luke...i don't care about Jedi Luke, but the poor fans...
  • Options
    Jedi Luke sounds cool.

Womprat hunter Luke I have enough shards for but don't care to activate. :)
  • JRS200x
    105 posts Member
    Options
    Considering how starved this game and its players are for new content at the moment I am curious to know what long stand issues are so important that they should come before new content?

There are always going to be little annoying bugs and other things, but there is nothing so wrong with this game atm that they shouldn't be pushing forward with new content... that's just silly.
  • Options
    I hope and pray that they never release a Jedi version of Luke Skywalker. Not the Bespin version, ROTJ version, Or even the Grandmaster version. Which I'm assuming they will wait until after the next movie comes out before they release that one. Let me explain WHY before everyone gets their collective panties in a bunch. Every fan who has wanted this character in the game has waited going on two years, or as long as you have been playing. No matter what CG and EA do, no matter how good the kit is, no matter what version we get. The overall collective opinion will be that they screwed the pooch and got it wrong, or they should have done this or that. Only a very select few will be happy and post their thoughts on how good the character is. Only to be called butt kissers, and pawns of CG and EA. That and frankly I'm in the mind set that we need more fit and finish on the game at this point. Things are broken and need to be fixed. We need more content, not new toons to grind. Most of us are board with doing the same thing day in and day out. I mean ships has largely been forgotten about, ship hardware has been coming soon forever. I know they are working on the new game mode, and we will get new toons with that game mode. But fix what we have first. Jedi Luke Skywalker is nothing but a losing proposition for the dev team at this point, and they already have to much to lose. If the Jedi Luke Skywalker release goes as bad as I think it will in the collective minds of everyone that plays this game, Jedi Luke Skywalker will not be the saving grace of this game but its finial nail in it's coffin.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    Botcher wrote: »
    I'm not excited about any new characters now, mostly because there is a 93.9% chance it's another rebel....
    93.9% chance your wrong.

The last four new characters were Not Rebels... Thrawn, Papaloo, Logray & Wicket.

Really? and how exactly did u unlock thrawn :lol:

https://youtu.be/lPdQwSXZlvU
  • Options
    Even if I disliked the character, two things are pretty much set in my mind - 1) He will be hard to obtain, in his final form at least, and 2) He will be deliberately OP
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If they're going to get Jedi or Commander Luke in the mix, I just hope his kit lives up to the effort it's going to take to get him. Anything short of that would be disappointing.

He can be powerful - but he can't be OP. Otherwise he will simply be in everything - everyone's arena team = every GW node.

No reason he cant be op if nihilus and rex are allowed to exist
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Parableman wrote: »
    You mean the whiny snot from the original trilogy that the whiny snot from the prequels was based on? I wasn't much impressed by Luke once we got to see real Jedi in action. He seems like a poser in comparison. That's why you have to watch the original trilogy before seeing the prequels, because the other way around will leave you underwhelmed.

Maybe in terms of visual effects. The original trilogy has much better acting and had more heart in the story overall.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    I'm not excited about any new characters now, mostly because there is a 93.9% chance it's another rebel....
    93.9% chance your wrong.

The last four new characters were Not Rebels... Thrawn, Papaloo, Logray & Wicket.

Magic... and a bit of RNG, if I recall correctly.GkYPSpo.jpg
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    It's the only SW game that doesn't have a Jedi Luke.
    How many SW games have you played?
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    93.9% chance your wrong.

Magic... and a bit of RNG, if I recall correctly.GkYPSpo.jpg

RNG, magic, andddd.. rebels!! six of them.. five for unlock :tongue::smirk:
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    It's the only SW game that doesn't have a Jedi Luke.
    How many SW games have you played?

Maybe like two. I can think of more games that don't have Jedi Luke as opposed to those that do
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Luke Skywalker = Star Wars? Gotta disagree, the OT is about Vader's journey of redemption. Which is way more interesting than Luke's any day of the week, Luke's character arc is a basic heroes journey, but Vader finding his humanity again is way more interesting. Think about the end of Jedi, the climax of the movie and the trilogy for that matter, was Vader saving his son from from his **** of a boss.

That being said, yes I am happy they are going to upgrade Luke. I'd rather they release TLJ Luke. That would be awesome, but if they are going to do that probably won't be out until Xmas, if at all in the near future.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Luke Skywalker = Star Wars? Gotta disagree, the OT is about Vader's journey of redemption. Which is way more interesting than Luke's any day of the week, Luke's character arc is a basic heroes journey, but Vader finding his humanity again is way more interesting.
    What the kitten?! Vader didn't "find his humanity again".
    First, Anakin was seduced by Palpatine and turned to the Dark Side. Then he was influenced by Luke and turned to the Light Side. Vader's "journey" throughout Episodes 1-6 are all about him being led around by the nose by others. He has one single moment of redemption, but only after he's already been beaten by Luke, and as his mentor is exhorting Luke to kill him.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Getting Jedi Luke is not going to make a difference to me in terms of game satisfaction. There are too many other issues I like to see addressed before releasing any other characters. How about you?

Yeah man I don't care about the main character in Star Wars for me it's them Disney Rebels and Tuskens.
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Pharaoh
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I agree with the OP. They need to fix this game instead of releasing new constant content. Its alright to take a step back and figure kitten out.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    I don't think too many gameplay issues are significant problems at this point. I expect luke to be meta breaking enough that owning him will be necessary for upward arena mobility, which is the whole point of the game after all.

I thought the point of the game was collecting and leveling all the characters and ships and arena just helps that go quicker. Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways ;)

I would say the point of the game is to enjoy it whether you curve on raids or arena or just pure collecting, in the begining i was hooked simply by the classic final fantasy/breath of fire under a star wars wrapper feel the game gave you, and even though richer expanded universe material never finds a spot due to the "canon" argument im still here mainly because of that wrapper, and who knows you may see nomi sunrider versus exar kun in the future' or darth bane show up as sniper rifle dessel or naga sadow maybe celeste mourn headline a new raid as bosses. . .
  • Options
    Only reason I'm playing the game

Quite annoyed they're drawing this out as long as possible and the fact that we won't get RotJ Luke until next year some time, 3 years after launch
This discussion has been closed.